Question for PAW

Started by suzyq , Sep 11 2009 02:54 PM

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

suzyq
  • suzyq
  • Members
  • 3,109 posts

Would it be possible to divide this section into smaller sub-sections? It's getting quite lengthy and hard to weed out the good from the bad. Possibly divide into 3 sections, something like: proven (for legitimate), jury still out (for new), caution (for scams). I notice that many of the auctions listed are simply that -- listed with no user comments. I'm afraid that newcomers to PAW will think just because something is listed that it is safe to try. I know that I personally tried one auction because of user review, only to find out later that it was probably the auction owner who gave his own site the thumbs up. You might have to implement that member rating system that was previously referred to in order to protect PAW from future threat of lawsuits. It also might be an incentive for some sites to improve quality/discontinue bots/etc. so that they can move from the B/C List to the A List.

eshopper
  • eshopper
  • Members
  • 2,437 posts

I like this idea. I still can't tell from reading here what is a good site and what is not.

Also, does PAW own any penny auction sites? I read that you do?

PennyAuctionWatch
  • PennyAuctionWatch
  • PAW Founder
  • Administrators
  • 6,091 posts

I like this idea. I still can't tell from reading here what is a good site and what is not.

Also, does PAW own any penny auction sites? I read that you do?

Thank you for the suggestion we did start to have it like this on the last forum however it's hard to rule everything out as of right now, need more members too-. No PAW does not own any penny auction sites, I started this as a personal blog after I've spent a lot of money on penny auctions and got scammed by some and thought since there was not any place to discuss these entertainment shopping/bid-fee auction sites I should start one.

I try to only endorse ones that I/ and the community here have used and have had good experiences with.

I am not paid to post about any particular auction sites. I will talk about any auction sites if someone has a suggestion of one to research/discuss I would be more than happy to feature it on the blog/homepage.

I'm also working on learning how to build websites so this is acting as a good test site to help develop web development skills.

Any other questions feel free to ask. I'll consider a separate category. There was a separate forum category for Problems/Questions. Maybe I should put it back to that for now? I'll also research ranking systems for this board.

Let me know what else should be done to make this a better place for all of you! Please!

Thanks & Best regards,
PAW

I believe that the more penny auction bidders that come together and post their honest experiences, exposing the shady-scam penny auction sites, the less and less shady-scam sites will stop being the majority in the penny auction industry. Stand with me.

Penny Auction News, Reviews, Directory & Discussion!
Follow us on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!

To the Scam Artists: Enough is Enough

eshopper
  • eshopper
  • Members
  • 2,437 posts

I try to only endorse ones that I/ and the community here have used and have had good experiences with.

That's great...appreciate y'all doing that because there is a lot of junk out there.

PennyAuctionWatch
  • PennyAuctionWatch
  • PAW Founder
  • Administrators
  • 6,091 posts

Thank you :)

I believe that the more penny auction bidders that come together and post their honest experiences, exposing the shady-scam penny auction sites, the less and less shady-scam sites will stop being the majority in the penny auction industry. Stand with me.

Penny Auction News, Reviews, Directory & Discussion!
Follow us on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!

To the Scam Artists: Enough is Enough

realbidtowin
  • realbidtowin
  • Members
  • 2,272 posts

Suzyq also needs her own section while you are at it:biggrin: PS3 on Bidrodeo tonight and I am at my limit...

suzyq
  • suzyq
  • Members
  • 3,109 posts

Suzyq also needs her own section while you are at it:biggrin: PS3 on Bidrodeo tonight and I am at my limit...

Just saw this -- very funny! I know you're at your limit because I'm still counting. Actually, BidRodeo sent out an email saying that you reached your limit (along with rwb and others). But I'm figuring that if they sent that out to everyone, all of those new guys will be out tonight in full force. I'll have to think about it.

realbidtowin
  • realbidtowin
  • Members
  • 2,272 posts

BidRodeo sent out an email saying that you reached your limit (along with rwb and others).

No way they did not do that?

suzyq
  • suzyq
  • Members
  • 3,109 posts

No way they did not do that?

Think I got it yesterday --

Hi,
I thought you would be interested to know that we have the latest iPod touch on BidRodeo today:

It may be good for you to know that many of our users cannot bid until Sunday 12:01 AM.
Those users include:

• bidtowin
  • gone
  • rwb63
  • truckdriver11
Take advantage of this situation. We created winning limits to give more people a chance to win.
Hold on the longest and win.

btw, don't you feel special?

suzyq
  • suzyq
  • Members
  • 3,109 posts

Had my strategy all planned out -- sat there counting -- getting ready to make my move -- BAM -- your wife shows up to the party and blows my concentration -- Ended! :mad:

rwb63
  • rwb63
  • Members
  • 743 posts

Just saw this -- very funny! I know you're at your limit because I'm still counting. Actually, BidRodeo sent out an email saying that you reached your limit (along with rwb and others). But I'm figuring that if they sent that out to everyone, all of those new guys will be out tonight in full force. I'll have to think about it.

Thanks for the info. Suzyq
Really do not know what to think about that email.

You will get that ps3 soon stay focused LOL

rwb63

realbidtowin
  • realbidtowin
  • Members
  • 2,272 posts

Had my strategy all planned out -- sat there counting -- getting ready to make my move -- BAM -- your wife shows up to the party and blows my concentration -- Ended! :mad:

She said she only placed 1 bid to keep it alive as she was bidding on the 200 pack.

About the same time I was bidding at Rocky and the whole hee haw gang was bidding on the tv so I was in waiting mode turned my head for a couple seconds and Ended so we both loose tonight, I only had 2 bids in but that plasma should have been mine. I instructed her to only bid on the PS3 to keep it alive to keep those bidders off the 200 pack. She has just figured Rockybid out this system is all new to her so she is in training mode

suzyq
  • suzyq
  • Members
  • 3,109 posts

so she is in training mode

She's got a great teacher!

suzyq
  • suzyq
  • Members
  • 3,109 posts

btw & rwb -- Forgot to tell you I got a second email today --

Hi,
We have some great items for you on BidRodeo today:
Aiptek High Definition Camcorder

Chumby - hottest gadget - first time on BidRodeo

PlayStation 3 120 GB Slim

I would like to draw your attention to the fact that many of our users cannot bid until Sunday 12:01 AM. Take advantage of this situation. We created winning limits to give more people a chance to win.
Regards,

Business must be bad on Saturday nights?

tanyalove
  • tanyalove
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

It may be good for you to know that many of our users cannot bid until Sunday 12:01 AM.
Those users include:

• bidtowin
  • gone
  • rwb63
  • truckdriver11
Take advantage of this situation. We created winning limits to give more people a chance to win.

btw, don't you feel special?

I wish I were that famous! Maybe Bid Rodeo does not realize what they are doing by highlighting those users... FEAR MONGERING!? HAHA!
~Tanyalove :love:

rwb63
  • rwb63
  • Members
  • 743 posts

btw & rwb -- Forgot to tell you I got a second email today --

Hi,
We have some great items for you on BidRodeo today:
Aiptek High Definition Camcorder

Chumby - hottest gadget - first time on BidRodeo

PlayStation 3 120 GB Slim

I would like to draw your attention to the fact that many of our users cannot bid until Sunday 12:01 AM. Take advantage of this situation. We created winning limits to give more people a chance to win.
Regards,

Business must be bad on Saturday nights?

Thanks suzy I did get that email.

realbidtowin
  • realbidtowin
  • Members
  • 2,272 posts

I wish I were that famous! Maybe Bid Rodeo does not realize what they are doing by highlighting those users... FEAR MONGERING!? HAHA!

I could not agree more Suzyq. I am often made out to be the bad guy just because I have won a few auctions and this just addsf fuel to the fires. I am just playing the game like everyone else.

rwb63
  • rwb63
  • Members
  • 743 posts

I could not agree more Suzyq. I am often made out to be the bad guy just because I have won a few auctions and this just addsf fuel to the fires. I am just playing the game like everyone else.

I would just like to add it does add fuel.
But there are a few more that were not named that throw out alot of bids.
But more than a few items on bidrodeo sold very cheap this week.
This was most likely the reason for this email.
I my opinion instead of saying these named bidders are out it should have tried to educate it's user base on how to look up the bidders to see who is limited out.
By being able to look any bidder history is a advantage to all bidders and is one of the things that separates bidrodeo from others.

It's just my opinion I could be wrong

rwb63

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users