Started by PennyAuctionWatch , Sep 14 2009 07:49 PM

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

PennyAuctionWatch
  • PennyAuctionWatch
  • PAW Founder
  • Administrators
  • 6,091 posts

So it's been awhile, Penny Auction Watch still needs a logo for the seal or approval and maybe a forum link button. Anyone a graphic designer? :) I had one made but I'm not sure it will work.. Suggestions?

Should we have a contest? Thanks!

I believe that the more penny auction bidders that come together and post their honest experiences, exposing the shady-scam penny auction sites, the less and less shady-scam sites will stop being the majority in the penny auction industry. Stand with me.

Penny Auction News, Reviews, Directory & Discussion!
Follow us on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!

To the Scam Artists: Enough is Enough

realbidtowin
  • realbidtowin
  • Members
  • 2,272 posts

So it's been awhile, Penny Auction Watch still needs a logo for the seal or approval and maybe a forum link button. Anyone a graphic designer? :) I had one made but I'm not sure it will work.. Suggestions?

Should we have a contest? Thanks!

Here is a suggestion it should be labeled the "Entertainment shopping Seal" that way you are not limiting yourself to just penny auctions as I am sure many variations and labels will pop up over time.

Ryan
  • Ryan
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

I agree with Bidtowin.

pennypurses
  • pennypurses
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

I wouldnt get away from your PAW as that is the basis of your site.

Ryan
  • Ryan
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

It would clearly say PennyAuctionWatch, as that is the brand. However, the purpose of the seal is not limited to Penny Auctions, so it can be called the "PAW seal of approval" or the "PAW Entertainment Shopping Seal"

I prefer the former.

Lynox
  • Lynox
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

I am a graphics designer, and a quite good one if I do say so myself.

I would just need a little information first:

Text: (What do you want the main text to say?)
Subtext: (A slogan of some sort maybe?)
Picture: (Any specific picture you would like?)
Main colors: (You can leave this up to me, or if you have a preferred color, I can work with that also)

Lastly, I have one question:
How much will I get paid?

Lynox
  • Lynox
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

I don't need to get paid, it's just that I would appreciate it, kind of like a tip.
If I don't get paid that's okay.

suzyq
  • suzyq
  • Members
  • 3,109 posts

I don't need to get paid, it's just that I would appreciate it, kind of like a tip.
If I don't get paid that's okay.

Since we can't pay you, we could all throw in something as a tip. I'll start it off with the 72 bids I have left over at Penny Sold. How about you, btw, want to throw in one of those PS3's you have? :biggrin: Anyone else have something they want to contribute?

janyce16
  • janyce16
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 450 posts

i have an electric cordless wine opener i can trow in :biggrin:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Lynox
  • Lynox
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Since we can't pay you, we could all throw in something as a tip. I'll start it off with the 72 bids I have left over at Penny Sold. How about you, btw, want to throw in one of those PS3's you have? :biggrin: Anyone else have something they want to contribute?

Sorry, I'm not a member on Penny Sold. However I am a member on BidRodeo. I wouldn't mind getting paid in that, maybe 50 bids? But can you even give another members bids? I don't think so.

BTW PAW, are u interested? Can I plz no, so that I can get started.

Edited by Lynox, 20 September 2009 - 06:36 PM.

suzyq
  • suzyq
  • Members
  • 3,109 posts

Oh, Lynox, I'm sorry but that was meant as a joke. Penny Sold is a known scam and I wasted money buying bids there that I can't use (or I should say won't bother using). I'm just letting them sit there in case anyone ever starts a Class Action against scam penny auctions. Please don't waste your money at Penny Sold. Last I checked they weren't even online.

No, you can't transfer bids at any of the penny auctions -- just against their terms.

Lynox
  • Lynox
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Well, I made the banner. If you would like to see, plz contact me at chapinch@hotmail.com.

newtonbond
  • newtonbond
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

I am a graphics designer and could help put together something for you.

let me know!

biddor
  • biddor
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

PAW,

We have two graphic designers if you are interested. We've got a couple portfolios up as well so you can see our work.

PM or e-mail is fine - admin@biddor.com - thanks!

PennyAuctionWatch
  • PennyAuctionWatch
  • PAW Founder
  • Administrators
  • 6,091 posts

Great thank you-I've E-mailed all three of you :).

I believe that the more penny auction bidders that come together and post their honest experiences, exposing the shady-scam penny auction sites, the less and less shady-scam sites will stop being the majority in the penny auction industry. Stand with me.

Follow us on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!

rain2112
  • rain2112
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

I am also a graphic designer. My focus in art school was sculpture, but I have also worked professionally as a graphic designer and web developer. I would love to participate if you do a contest!

I just uploaded a couple of samples of my masks on my page. Not graphic design, but they will give you an idea of what I am capable of artistically.

PennyAuctionWatch
  • PennyAuctionWatch
  • PAW Founder
  • Administrators
  • 6,091 posts

Hi rain2112! Thank you how creative :) I really would like to get moving on the graphic for the seal of approval... Any suggestions? Portfolio links? :)

Follow us on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!

rain2112
  • rain2112
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Thank you for your kind words. They are good for an artist's heart. I do not have a portfolio on line (a bit ironic since I used to be a web developer), but would be happy to work something up for you :). Do you have anything specific in mind? Anything that needs to be included?

Peace.

David
  • David
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Here is a suggestion it should be labeled the "Entertainment shopping Seal" that way you are not limiting yourself to just penny auctions as I am sure many variations and labels will pop up over time.

Agree. I'd keep it broad. Notice, when I dislcosed that I was part of a team working on a project I called it a 'pay-per-bid' auction ;)

dzignr_tastz
  • dzignr_tastz
  • Members
  • 696 posts

I'm also a graphic designer with both web development and vBulletin experience. Looks like you've got quite a few options to choose from...

Do I smell a contest? ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users