Started by PennyAuctionWatch , Sep 14 2009 07:49 PM

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

PennyAuctionWatch
  • PennyAuctionWatch
  • PAW Founder
  • Administrators
  • 6,091 posts

A contest sounds fun and we can have users vote!

Now our dilemma is choosing a prize! :S

Suggestions? :)

I believe that the more penny auction bidders that come together and post their honest experiences, exposing the shady-scam penny auction sites, the less and less shady-scam sites will stop being the majority in the penny auction industry. Stand with me.

Penny Auction News, Reviews, Directory & Discussion!
Follow us on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!

To the Scam Artists: Enough is Enough

stephiebee
  • stephiebee
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

A contest sounds fun and we can have users vote!

Now our dilemma is choosing a prize! :S

Suggestions? :)

A contest would be great! I am an artist myself I have an associate of the arts and am a senior working towards my BA in Art (photo and art education) with a certificate in graphic design and arts management) So being able to participate would be a great opportunity for me to put more into my portfolio. So yes please have a contest and post the info for what you want in the design, and where we can send our ideas (sketches) as well as portfolio.

PennyAuctionWatch
  • PennyAuctionWatch
  • PAW Founder
  • Administrators
  • 6,091 posts

Hi Stephiebee, I am so grateful there are so many awesome, talented people on here!

Basically here's what I want:

A seal of approval logo that can be placed on penny auction websites linking to a certificate hosted on this site that says they have met our criteria of being a legit penny auction/entertainment shopping site. Users have suggested the seal be an Entertainment Shopping Seal of Approval. I was thinking it could say something like "Penny Auction Watch Approved Penny Auction," "Penny Auction Watch Approved Lowest Unique Auction," etc. maybe we could abbreviate it LUA, etc. so that we branch out to the many different types of entertainment shopping sites out there. However, it would be better to say Penny Auction Watch Approved. What are your suggestions?
I have last gen black iPod shuffles but I suppose you guys probably all have that. Hmm.. Thinking! What's a good time frame for a contest? 1-2 wks?

I believe that the more penny auction bidders that come together and post their honest experiences, exposing the shady-scam penny auction sites, the less and less shady-scam sites will stop being the majority in the penny auction industry. Stand with me.

Follow us on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!

stephiebee
  • stephiebee
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Hi Stephiebee, I am so grateful there are so many awesome, talented people on here!

Basically here's what I want:

A seal of approval logo that can be placed on penny auction websites linking to a certificate hosted on this site that says they have met our criteria of being a legit penny auction/entertainment shopping site. Users have suggested the seal be an Entertainment Shopping Seal of Approval. I was thinking it could say something like "Penny Auction Watch Approved Penny Auction," "Penny Auction Watch Approved Lowest Unique Auction," etc. maybe we could abbreviate it LUA, etc. so that we branch out to the many different types of entertainment shopping sites out there. However, it would be better to say Penny Auction Watch Approved. What are your suggestions?
I have last gen black iPod shuffles but I suppose you guys probably all have that. Hmm.. Thinking! What's a good time frame for a contest? 1-2 wks?

Ok sounds good..as for the reward whatever you think is appropriate for me the ability to design something like that is reward enough so it doesn't matter whatever you decide is fine. Yeah I would give 2 weeks that gives a good time frame for people to sketch ideas and revise.

PennyAuctionWatch
  • PennyAuctionWatch
  • PAW Founder
  • Administrators
  • 6,091 posts

Hello Everyone,

We've concluded that although a contest would be fun someone has offered to donate a seal.

Thank you for your consideration!

-PAW

Follow us on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!

dzignr_tastz
  • dzignr_tastz
  • Members
  • 696 posts

Hello Everyone,

We've concluded that although a contest would be fun someone has offered to donate a seal.

Thank you for your consideration!

-PAW

Well while I did, personally, state "contest" (primarily just to be fair to everyone else who had posted before me)... I, for one, never mentioned anything about a "prize". ;)

I basically figured it would be pro bono work for such a small project; kind of giving back to the site, you know. As such, just be sure you're choosing the right "someone" with the right background (and not just because they're cheap - LOL)!!

Not that I'll lose any sleep over it. Just letting you know the offer stands if you're interested...

PennyAuctionWatch
  • PennyAuctionWatch
  • PAW Founder
  • Administrators
  • 6,091 posts

Thank you :). I will see what happens with the seal.

Follow us on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!

Chris @ Penny Purses
  • Chris @ Penny Purses
  • **Forum Sponsor**
  • Members
  • 1,071 posts

Penny Purses will offer 50 free bids to use as a prize.

JRZ430
  • JRZ430
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Hello Dzignr_tastz,
Are you still providing graphic web design for PA?

dzignr_tastz
  • dzignr_tastz
  • Members
  • 696 posts

Hello Dzignr_tastz,
Are you still providing graphic web design for PA?

Depends on what you're looking for... ;)

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.
- Albert Einstein

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users