• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

rockybiduser
  • rockybiduser
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Hi All

Need your suggestion as well.Today I was participating in a nokia N97 auction and was upto the last few bidder (about 3 hours). Just before 2 sec i placed my bid , but the timer didn't increment and the winner placed one more bid at 1 sec and the auction ended. I am really frustrated at this and send an email to swoopo csr (with little expectations). As these auction runs for long time we cann't record those as well.Have you encountered similar timer issue /auction glitch. I can't believe that it is a time lag of my PC etc because I saw that my bid was accepted at 2 sec and it was visible in the bidding history.But timer didn't increment.

Now they are not showing the last bidding history of the auction and that could be due to these type of complaint where user cann't prove anything unless they record the stuff.

Just a bad experience..Please do share your thought on these type and how we can counter ..

realbidtowin
  • realbidtowin
  • Members
  • 2,272 posts

Hi All

Need your suggestion as well.Today I was participating in a nokia N97 auction and was upto the last few bidder (about 3 hours). Just before 2 sec i placed my bid , but the timer didn't increment and the winner placed one more bid at 1 sec and the auction ended. I am really frustrated at this and send an email to swoopo csr (with little expectations). As these auction runs for long time we cann't record those as well.Have you encountered similar timer issue /auction glitch. I can't believe that it is a time lag of my PC etc because I saw that my bid was accepted at 2 sec and it was visible in the bidding history.But timer didn't increment.

Now they are not showing the last bidding history of the auction and that could be due to these type of complaint where user cann't prove anything unless they record the stuff.

Just a bad experience..Please do share your thought on these type and how we can counter ..

I have seen this several times, it is not that unusual, however for software as mature as swoopo, I am surprised. I record most auctions and it has paid off big time. I usually record in 10 minute increments and delete the last 10 minutes if no problems occured. This is real easy and only 3 mouse clicks deletes the last 10 minutes and starts the next. I use Blueberry flashback express2 recorder with that to flash (flv)so file sizes are very manageable and upload to youtube easily. When I 1st started bidding at Zoozle I found saw that there bid buddy would double bid at the same second sometimes or bid two of my bidbuddy bids to one of the opposing bidbuddy, I recorded actual video and made PDF's of this to force them to fix it as they were cheating the bidders by taking extra bids without the bidder knowing it. That was just one of several issues I caught. Funny though it took them about two weeks to correct it and it is funny that no audit was done and bids returned that I know of except mine.

However swoopo does have the time log of each bid and you should request that they provide it, In fact I would demand it here it here with others supporting you and then point them to this thread...

ProtoProtoss
  • ProtoProtoss
  • Members
  • 743 posts

Wow, same thing was happening to me on zoozle as well, but they responded and said that the other person's bid really DID go through, and I just couldn't see it, but if I refreshed my browser I would. It happened a few other times while I WATCHED others bidding, and I refreshed to see the same 2 names stacked... you guess it, no correction from the refresh. I figure it was b.s. justification, but whatever... also had an issue where it was lagging when i won/should've won a netbook where it froze on the final, but they said it was a delay to tally the last bids, etc. but if a bid came through it should have went through just as any other time, so I don't see why that would be any different. All in all, they do come with some pretty good excuses, likes of which I'd never seen, lol. I liked their last excuse so much that I actually bought $200.00 worth more bids to test them, lol.

I've always used Camtasia to record my auctions ever since I had my first issue. I figure, there has to be a way for me to prove these issues in case any foolishness arises or to spot errors/bugs to bring to IT's attention.

suzyq
  • suzyq
  • Members
  • 3,109 posts

Just wanted to remind everyone that Swoopo has "Swoop It Now". I don't use Swoopo on a regular basis anymore. But when I know I'm going to have to buy something anyway, whether I win it or not -- I just purchase some bids with the hopes of winning it, figure out where that bidding cutoff point is so I don't end up overpaying, quit bidding at that point, and just pay the suggested retail less the value of the lost bids. I've done that several times and walk away without that "loser" feeling.

realbidtowin
  • realbidtowin
  • Members
  • 2,272 posts

Also note that there is typically two places on the auction page that shows who the current bid was, the bid hidtory and right around the bid button area, be bid history is the most reliable and they do not always sync well. This is often a user side issue and refreshing often can reduce this. Always do F5 refresh

realbidtowin
  • realbidtowin
  • Members
  • 2,272 posts

I've always used Camtasia to record my auctions ever since I had my first issue. I figure, there has to be a way for me to prove these issues in case any foolishness arises or to spot errors/bugs to bring to IT's attention.

Recording doesnt alway get your bids back especially with zoozle as I was in an auction where I had loaded 1000 bids in the bid buddy and after several bids the auction ended with me loosing, mind you that I already had 1300 + bids invested, I had a screen capture PDF and the video of the end of the auction wich clearly showed my bidbuddy activated. This all happend in the last couple weeks when they admitidly had bid buddy problems. Even with my documentation they would not return my bids, (here is some good news for some of you) hence I have cashed out all my remaining bids and will not participate in any more zoozle auctions. Below is the PDF of the end of tthat auction.

Posted Image

For some reason my autobidder stopped bidding when PJ123 quit his and you can see that it used 4 bids with many left to go.

realbidtowin
  • realbidtowin
  • Members
  • 2,272 posts

Whats wrong with this picture?

Posted Image

realbidtowin
  • realbidtowin
  • Members
  • 2,272 posts

Here is an extreme account of what Proto is talking about. I actually won this auction. and below resale value, however these issues effected the outcome of this auction as I ended up using more bids than needed. It took 3 weeks to get it reversed and bids returned (I had to fight tooth and nail). So this auction was canceled I am courious if the others in this auction got there bids returned since the auction was eventually canceled or did zoozle just return my bids and keep the camera and the others bids, or did they do the right thing and return everyones bids? This auction was 8-14-09. AllForanM you bid on this one I believe. RWB you maybe had a couple on this as well, did you get any bids back?

Posted Image

Edited by realbidtowin, 16 September 2009 - 05:49 PM.

realbidtowin
  • realbidtowin
  • Members
  • 2,272 posts

RWB63 here is one for you (by the way you did not stand a chance in that auction and niether did I) Notice the two Kenshin back to bak bid buddies,. the one at 23:03:57 should have been RWB so it was a double bid. Watching this auction this happened many times and to both bid buddies thus charging the bidder more bids than needed.

Posted Image

realbidtowin
  • realbidtowin
  • Members
  • 2,272 posts

Let me say this in closing, I understand that these glitches exist, every site has its issues, however what sets the sites apart is how they stand accountable and resolve the issues. The honesty and integrity of the sites ADMIN is what draws me to the sites I bid on, and for this reason alone and by my choice I no longer bid at zoozle.

Here is a bone for Bidrodeo, I have NEVER seen a single glitch on any of your auctions, only the typical very, very minor timer lag (which is likely user side anyway) and that is even rare.

Edited by realbidtowin, 16 September 2009 - 05:22 PM.

rwb63
  • rwb63
  • Members
  • 743 posts

RWB63 here is one for you (by the way you did not stand a chance in that auction and niether did I) Notice the two Kenshin back to bak bid buddies,. the one at 23:03:57 should have been RWB so it was a double bid. Watching this auction this happened many times and to both bid buddies thus charging the bidder more bids than needed.

Now I know why I haven't seen you on zoozle bidding
I now record my auctions too!
Thanks for the heads up.

rwb63

PapaD
  • PapaD
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Rockybiduser,

I had a very similar experience on Swoopo about 4 weeks ago, coincidentally also on a Nokia N97 phone. I sent them an email and got an immediate automatic response with a ticket number and stating that they would get back to me.

After a week, I had not heard, so I send another email using the ticket number. About a week ago, I finally received a response from them and they acknowledged that there was a problem on their site. They did refund all of my bids, about 500 of them.

Obviously, it took a lot longer than it should have, but they did handle it properly when all was said and done. FYI, I did not have any evidence to send them, such as a screen shot.

I hope that your case gets resolved in your favor.

rockybiduser
  • rockybiduser
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Thanks everyone for your feedback.So looks like its not rare and happened to all before and will happen again and again.BidToWin thanks for your suggestion regarding recordings.Will do that next time onwards. Hope they should return my bids

ProtoProtoss
  • ProtoProtoss
  • Members
  • 743 posts

Let me say this in closing, I understand that these glitches exist, every site has its issues, however what sets the sites apart is how they stand accountable and resolve the issues. The honesty and integrity of the sites ADMIN is what draws me to the sites I bid on, and for this reason alone and by my choice I no longer bid at zoozle.

Here is a bone for Bidrodeo, I have NEVER seen a single glitch on any of your auctions, only the typical very, very minor timer lag (which is likely user side anyway) and that is even rare.

Exactly. I was just in the running AGAIN at Zoozle (silly me) and besides the earlier time when it would not let me finish bidding due to it saying (you are exceeding your win limit) and timer freezing on the final second... In the beginning of the auction under $2.00 range, there were about 4 times where it froze at the final seconds for OVER 3 seconds, then a bid would come through. I'm like, no way.

But anyways... this LAST time, I was going all in as usual, then decided to see if anyone else was watching us fight so that I could let them drain some bids and not spend so many of mine so my challenger would lose 2 to 1 instead of 1 to 1. After I let it get down to about 2 seconds to bid, only 1 person had bid so I went ahead to set my bid buddy back up. THIS time, It showed as if it accepted the bid buddy, but nothing displayed on the right, then i tried to hit single "bid button" again, like wtf? and it said i was over my limit. I'm like WHAT!? Before I could even attempt to add the bid buddy again it closed, (with no serious delay this time mind you).

That site is ridiculous. I threw $500.00 into the site to test it, but am going to have to fight and get my money back, cause there is no way any of that was fair. From bid buddies not being entered, to bid buddies not even placing their bids, to site freezes at the last second for long durations... just not worth the hassle.

Edited by ProtoProtoss, 17 September 2009 - 03:34 AM.

rwb63
  • rwb63
  • Members
  • 743 posts

Exactly. I was just in the running AGAIN at Zoozle (silly me) and besides the earlier time when it would not let me finish bidding due to it saying (you are exceeding your win limit) and timer freezing on the final second... In the beginning of the auction under $2.00 range, there were about 4 times where it froze at the final seconds for OVER 3 seconds, then a bid would come through. I'm like, no way.

But anyways... this LAST time, I was going all in as usual, then decided to see if anyone else was watching us fight so that I could let them drain some bids and not spend so many of mine so my challenger would lose 2 to 1 instead of 1 to 1. After I let it get down to about 2 seconds to bid, only 1 person had bid so I went ahead to set my bid buddy back up. THIS time, It showed as if it accepted the bid buddy, but nothing displayed on the right, then i tried to hit single "bid button" again, like wtf? and it said i was over my limit. I'm like WHAT!? Before I could even attempt to add the bid buddy again it closed, (with no serious delay this time mind you).

That site is ridiculous. I threw $500.00 into the site to test it, but am going to have to fight and get my money back, cause there is no way any of that was fair. From bid buddies not being entered, to bid buddies not even placing their bids, to site freezes at the last second for long durations... just not worth the hassle.

Hope you get that resolved I have not been that active on zoozle lately
My wife had bid buddy issues when bidding on a netbook.
She had 100 bids on bid buddy after 13 of 100 bids run the auction ended and she lost.
It was 5 days until they replaced them and she got a answer.
So we have used zoozle on a very limited basis since.

rwb63

rain2112
  • rain2112
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

I had a similar problem yesterday with a camera auction that I'd already put 500+ bids into. I was unable to place a bid at the end, the timer was still at 1 second when the auction ended, and I was very upset. When I looked at the ended auction, the bid history was blank.

Additionally, it was clear that the site was having problems, as the counters were reset once and should have been in one other instance that I know of (all of the counters stalled for at least 3-4 minutes)

Then it happened AGAIN this morning with a 300 bidpack nailbiter auction.

I too have emailed Swoopo, but they have never once responded to an e-mail I sent them, and I doubt they'll start now. Does anyone have a phone #?:mad:

rain2112
  • rain2112
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

I have seen this several times, it is not that unusual, however for software as mature as swoopo, I am surprised. I record most auctions and it has paid off big time. I usually record in 10 minute increments and delete the last 10 minutes if no problems occured. This is real easy and only 3 mouse clicks deletes the last 10 minutes and starts the next. I use Blueberry flashback express2 recorder with that to flash (flv)so file sizes are very manageable and upload to youtube easily. When I 1st started bidding at Zoozle I found saw that there bid buddy would double bid at the same second sometimes or bid two of my bidbuddy bids to one of the opposing bidbuddy, I recorded actual video and made PDF's of this to force them to fix it as they were cheating the bidders by taking extra bids without the bidder knowing it. That was just one of several issues I caught. Funny though it took them about two weeks to correct it and it is funny that no audit was done and bids returned that I know of except mine.

However swoopo does have the time log of each bid and you should request that they provide it, In fact I would demand it here it here with others supporting you and then point them to this thread...

Thank you for posting the information on Blueberry flashback. I just downloaded with it, and will NEVER bid without it again.

rwb63
  • rwb63
  • Members
  • 743 posts

Here is an extreme account of what Proto is talking about. I actually won this auction. and below resale value, however these issues effected the outcome of this auction as I ended up using more bids than needed. It took 3 weeks to get it reversed and bids returned (I had to fight tooth and nail). So this auction was canceled I am courious if the others in this auction got there bids returned since the auction was eventually canceled or did zoozle just return my bids and keep the camera and the others bids, or did they do the right thing and return everyones bids? This auction was 8-14-09. AllForanM you bid on this one I believe. RWB you maybe had a couple on this as well, did you get any bids back?

Posted Image

No never heard or received anything.

rwb63

izard
  • izard
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Hi, this is my first post i know. but i was reading about swoopo and the 2 second delay.

at 2 seconds the time slows down to 4 seconds (so im told by them) then at the end its another 20 seconds.

plus iv never heard of anyone actully recieving or winning.

oh and Nice to meet you all ^^
Craig

craig
  • craig
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Hi Guys,

Craig from Zoozle here. I must apologize about the delay in my response time, I'm out of town for business a lot and also involved in other companies, but I will do my best to better Zoozle's social media & community involvement here and elsewhere. For faster responses, our support team is on hand to reply to you from our website contact forum.

I will outline all the issues that were mentioned in this thread and provide some important details that will help clear up what happened.

----------------The complaints from bid-to-2-too-win-------------
09-16-2009 02:26 AM

When I 1st started bidding at Zoozle I found saw that there bid buddy would double bid at the same second sometimes or bid two of my bidbuddy bids to one of the opposing bidbuddy, I recorded actual video and made PDF's of this to force them to fix it as they were cheating the bidders by taking extra bids without the bidder knowing it

The "Double Bid" issue was actually two separately occurring issues.
1) Because one of our developers tried to do something fancy and make the system more efficient, a user's web browser could miss updates to the bid history, making an anomalous looking history feed. If the update was missed because of browser or internet lag, it would skip and create the appearance of double bidding or another problem. Refreshing usually loaded the correct info from the database and displayed the missing bids. This was fixed by sending the entire bid history each update.

2) We had some users setting up overlapping bid buddies and if another user had a bid buddy ahead of theirs, then the second bid buddy would also fire, and create an actual double bid. That is how our software worked when we got it, but when the situation was brought to our attention we changed it within the week. We found this to be more of an end user issue rather than a software bug, since we found that some users wanted this so confuse or scare others from bidding. Nonetheless, we did not receive any requests for bid refunds because of this and we would have happily issued any requests since we agree the software should restrict this.

That was just one of several issues I caught. Funny though it took them about two weeks to correct it and it is funny that no audit was done and bids returned that I know of except mine.

We perform an audit of every auction when we are aware of an issue and when a user reports a problem. Zoozle does not publicize when an audits is performed so you would not have been made aware of this. When refunds are granted, depending on the exact problem, either individual users are informed or all auction participants are informed. I must say though, we sometimes used to only let the winner know via email because our software didn't provide an easy way to communicate with all participants of an auction. We have since implemented policies and back end features to improve communications and inform all bidders in an auction when a it is voided or requires their attention.

Recording doesnt alway get your bids back especially with zoozle as I was in an auction where I had loaded 1000 bids in the bid buddy and after several bids the auction ended with me loosing, mind you that I already had 1300 + bids invested, I had a screen capture PDF and the video of the end of the auction wich clearly showed my bidbuddy activated. This all happend in the last couple weeks when they admitidly had bid buddy problems. Even with my documentation they would not return my bids, (here is some good news for some of you) hence I have cashed out all my remaining bids and will not participate in any more zoozle auctions. Below is the PDF of the end of tthat auction.

We investigated this and our system logs show that your bid buddy was deleted at Aug 24th, 04 : 36 :58 and subsequently stopped bidding as expected. We normally refund bids in the event that a problem is evident, but in this very unique case, never seen before, we found no bug other than the display on the web browser did not update to show the bid buddy was deleted. No other users reported issues on the auction. When a decision is considered, all bidders in an auction are considered. Zoozle takes into account everything while making decisions, so in this case, to be fair to all, we did not refund any bids since we found our core system operating properly and have evidence that the bid buddy was deleted and operated correctly.

Also noteworthy is that the unrelated bid buddy issues bid-to-2-too-win mentioned were accompanied with proper evidence of malfunction and all bids in these cases were refunded and auctions void.

09-16-2009 12:44 PM

bid-to-2-too-win Whats wrong with this picture?

This is an example of the bid history feed bug as mentioned above. The client side web browser would update the history only when an update happened, and if the request for that timed out or lagged on the browser end, the bid would get skipped in the feed. This affected bidders on an individual level, since most bidders would see the accurate feed. We dealt with this on an individual level since it would only sometimes affect the actual auction outcome.

The bug has been fixed for a while now, we simply make each update send the entire bid history over the pipe, so no bids get skipped in the display.

09-16-2009 12:53 PM

bid-to-2-too-win Here is an extreme account of what Proto is talking about. I actually won this auction. and below resale value, however these issues effected the outcome of this auction as I ended up using more bids than needed. It took 3 weeks to get it reversed and bids returned (I had to fight tooth and nail). So this auction was canceled I am courious if the others in this auction got there bids returned since the auction was eventually canceled or did zoozle just return my bids and keep the camera and the others bids, or did they do the right thing and return everyones bids? This auction was 8-14-09. AllForanM you bid on this one I believe. RWB you maybe had a couple on this as well, did you get any bids back?

This is another example of the bid history feed bug. We ended up canceling this auction and refunding all bids. Unfortunately we only notified bidtowin about the cancellation. As per our new policy mandates, all bidders are now informed in all such cases when an auction is voided & reversed.

09-16-2009 01:01 PM

bid-to-2-too-win RWB63 here is one for you (by the way you did not stand a chance in that auction and niether did I) Notice the two Kenshin back to bak bid buddies,. the one at 23:03:57 should have been RWB so it was a double bid. Watching this auction this happened many times and to both bid buddies thus charging the bidder more bids than needed.

This is a great example of what was happening when bidders set multiple overlapping bid buddies and another bid buddy was in front of theirs (as mentioned above in "Double bids" #2. The system would deploy the second bid buddy after the opponents would fire, thus putting the bidder on top again and deploying two bids. I think in this case and most other cases like it, bidders were aware of this happening and used it as part of a strategy to reduce confidence in Zoozle's system or confuse other bidders. Nevertheless, we shortly released a software update that only let's one bid buddy fire at a time within a certain price range.
----------------The complaints from ProtoProtoss-------------

09-16-2009 11:29 PM ProtoProtoss

Zoozle's win limit system prevents users from bidding on more auctions than their allocated number of win slots. What you experienced was a little common with our old 4 price range limit system. Sometimes a bidder would bid on another item in the same price category and inadvertently block themselves from bidding on an auction they were involved with. We hope our new simplified system eliminates this confusion and affords more flexibility to bidders.

09-16-2009 11:29 PM ProtoProtoss

We are sorry that you signed up during our worst month, September. We experienced lots of DDoS attacks, bugs, & network issues, but believe we handled all reported cases. If you have an unresolved complaint, please contact us and we will address it.
----------------The comments from rwb63-------------

09-17-2009 12:48 AM rwb63

My wife had bid buddy issues when bidding on a netbook.
She had 100 bids on bid buddy after 13 of 100 bids run the auction ended and she lost.
It was 5 days until they replaced them and she got a answer.
So we have used zoozle on a very limited basis since.

Thanks for your patience with the bugs we've had. This auction you refer to was victim of our server running out of semafor memory and was investigated and determined to have indeed been a problem on Zoozle's end. A number of bid buddy bugs were chalked up to this bug and we have patched our system with a solution last month.

No never heard or received anything.

We apologize for leaving you uninformed. All bids were refunded in the camera auction referred to by bidtowin. Our current system eliminates the hassle of emailing every user individually, and our policy change mandates us to inform all bidders when an auction is voided & reversed for any reason.

I'd like to say in closing that we look at every case and report of malfunctions or bidding anomalies . Sometimes we get bogus complaints, other times lag on the client side causes timers to stick. In either case, we check our web server logs and application logs to determine the situation. Usually our IT team and software engineers take a day or two to fully determine what is wrong and then double check their conclusions to confirm their findings and fix the problem. We try to respond as quickly as possible and take action.

September was a bad month for us, a large number of DDoS attacks caused a lot of lag issues that prevented bidders from bidding, also our software update caused a number of bugs and our hosting provider had some network problems that hurt us as well. We've since been able to address all issues and our system has been performing well this month. We apologize for the inconvenience and hope to regain all your confidence. Please contact us if there are still concerns or questions about anything. Thank you for your understanding.

Edited by PennyAuctionWatch, 31 October 2009 - 10:16 PM.
fixed numbers that turned into a smilie 4:36

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: swoopo, timer issue

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users