Started by tracie_n_AnCapMan , Sep 05 2009 08:57 AM

• This topic is locked
1493 replies to this topic

tracie_n_AnCapMan
  • tracie_n_AnCapMan
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Hello all as some may remember we had some initial issues with BidRay. I cam Noe proudly announce we have received the first of 3 items won on that site, a $100 bestbuy card. The mini coca-cola fridge and another item should be arriving shortly. We won these 3 items as a teaser with only 55 bids.

We won the best buy card on the 24th and it arrived via usps on Friday the 4th. So I would have to give them a safe to use rating. With that said these auctions with intervals of 30 to 150 seconds. Can be tricky.

Edited by PennyAuctionWatch, 23 February 2010 - 12:30 AM.

suzyq
  • suzyq
  • Members
  • 3,109 posts

The major reason why I hesitate to use BidRay is because they "pause" their auctions for the night. I have tried other sites that do this and it is just sometimes inconvenient or impossible to resume bidding at a set time the next day. Even if you think it's safe to bid on something because you're sure it will end before they shut down for the night, that doesn't always happen.

angelducky
  • angelducky
  • Members
  • 2,149 posts

The major reason why I hesitate to use BidRay is because they "pause" their auctions for the night. I have tried other sites that do this and it is just sometimes inconvenient or impossible to resume bidding at a set time the next day. Even if you think it's safe to bid on something because you're sure it will end before they shut down for the night, that doesn't always happen.

I don't think I'll be bidding on BidRay much anymore. I hate that they don't tell you if the bid is an auto bid or if it's a single bid. When I just started out I dropped about $150 trying to win 2 different items (I now realize I was an idiot because they were both big tickets) because I was slow realizing I was aggressively bidding against auto bidders.

eshopper
  • eshopper
  • Members
  • 2,437 posts

I don't like that they don't show you the bid type either. I would never play on a site that didn't show that.

angelducky
  • angelducky
  • Members
  • 2,149 posts

I'm going to keep an eye on BidRay just because they have auctions at all hours and there are times hwen I get very lucky on a small item. I'm not going to bid on anything else until I get my items though.

LarryFromBidray
  • LarryFromBidray
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

I don't like that they don't show you the bid type either. I would never play on a site that didn't show that.

Thank you for the valuable feedback! We're looking to extend our auction times and lower our timers in the near future to get more action in the auctions. While some of our auctions do indeed get paused for the night as our day auctions run from 1PM to Midnight Central Time, we have a lot of 24 hour auctions as well so there's always some action going on on Bidray.

In addition to high end electronics like laptops, big TVs, iPods and iPhones, we also have a lot of smaller items that are often very easy to grab.

I'm going to keep an eye on BidRay just because they have auctions at all hours and there are times hwen I get very lucky on a small item. I'm not going to bid on anything else until I get my items though.

Congratulations on your first wins! I hope you receive them shortly. Our average shipping time is just from 3 to 8 business days depending on availability. On top of this, the shipping is on the house!

suzyq
  • suzyq
  • Members
  • 3,109 posts

Just wondering if you ever received your items??

suzyq
  • suzyq
  • Members
  • 3,109 posts

Thank you for the valuable feedback! We're looking to extend our auction times and lower our timers in the near future to get more action in the auctions. While some of our auctions do indeed get paused for the night as our day auctions run from 1PM to Midnight Central Time, we have a lot of 24 hour auctions as well so there's always some action going on on Bidray.

Larry -- When you pause an auction, is the start time always 1 PM Central the next day? Even on weekends?

LarryFromBidray
  • LarryFromBidray
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Just wondering if you ever received your items??

Angelducky, please do contact us at support@bidray.com in case you still haven't received your items! Like I mentioned before, our average shipping time is from 3 to 7 business days depending on availability. I have just finished shipping all the items (almost 50) that our members won yesterday - we strive to send the stuff out always already the next following business day.

Larry -- When you pause an auction, is the start time always 1 PM Central the next day? Even on weekends?

Suzyq, at the moment the 'normal day auctions' indeed do run from 1PM to Midnight, also on weekends. However, we're looking to extend these times within a week or two!

Thanks!

Larry
Bidray Support

angelducky
  • angelducky
  • Members
  • 2,149 posts

I've gotten 2 of my items, still waiting on my Starbucks gift card. And just a suggestion to pass along to whomever would take care of this...it would've been nice to get a shipment confirmation email or something.

suzyq the 2 items I received were a mini coke fridge and a Coby mp3 player. Both were brand new still in package. Nothing against BidRay, but it's a lot harder than it first seemed to win stuff on this site. The one thing I really wanted to win was the hand blender and every time I didn't bid on it, it seemed to go cheaply but when I actually bid on it the price sky rocketed. Same thing with the hard drives that I actually really need. You aren't really sure whether you're bidding against an autobidder or not. Once my Starbucks card comes in I think I'm probably going to stop using this site for a while.

suzyq
  • suzyq
  • Members
  • 3,109 posts

You aren't really sure whether you're bidding against an autobidder or not. Once my Starbucks card comes in I think I'm probably going to stop using this site for a while.

I've been watching Bidray for a while and that's one of the things I really don't like about it. That same thing happened to me on another site before I realized that I was bidding against an Auto Bidder. Bidray seems to have some nice items, but I guess I'm turned off by the fact that I don't recognize any of the names (which doesn't really mean anything). I would just be very interested to know if anyone else from the forum has had any luck at Bidray?

angelducky
  • angelducky
  • Members
  • 2,149 posts

I've been watching Bidray for a while and that's one of the things I really don't like about it. That same thing happened to me on another site before I realized that I was bidding against an Auto Bidder. Bidray seems to have some nice items, but I guess I'm turned off by the fact that I don't recognize any of the names (which doesn't really mean anything). I would just be very interested to know if anyone else from the forum has had any luck at Bidray?

Yeah unfortunately I'd gotten caught up in the excitement after winning an auction with one of my free bids. All together I've dropped about $300 on BidRay and my wins are nowhere near compensation for that. Swoopo was the other big one that took a lot of my money but that was my own fault for not doing research properly :) I remember not recognizing any of the names either when I was bidding but there were definite heavy hitters. I'm slowly narrowing down just 2 or 3 sites I'll stick with and BidRay will definitely not be one of them.

angelducky
  • angelducky
  • Members
  • 2,149 posts

Just received my third item from BidRay (a $25 Starbucks card). Shipping wasn't speedy like Auction Squirrel, but it also wasn't too slow. Still would've liked notification of shipment though.

caveninit
  • caveninit
  • Members
  • 2,554 posts

I just joined Bidray on Saturday and so far I have spent over $200 and haven't won a single thing yet. :frown: My sister won a 10" net book, a case of Orbit gum, and a set of knives. I guess I am just very unlucky. My sister did give me the gum though! There are just too many bidders there that must have thousands of bids to play with because I see auctions going on for hours and even days with the same people on auto bid. I was happy to see so many of them win their 3 items for the week just so I could maybe get a chance to win something, but still no luck and I can't spend any more money there with absolutely nothing to show for it. I have only 30 bids left in my account. Maybe tomorrow will be my lucky day! I have to win something good just to keep my hubby from killing me when he gets the next credit card statement! :smilielol5:

angelducky
  • angelducky
  • Members
  • 2,149 posts

I just joined Bidray on Saturday and so far I have spent over $200 and haven't won a single thing yet. :frown: My sister won a 10" net book, a case of Orbit gum, and a set of knives. I guess I am just very unlucky. My sister did give me the gum though! There are just too many bidders there that must have thousands of bids to play with because I see auctions going on for hours and even days with the same people on auto bid. I was happy to see so many of them win their 3 items for the week just so I could maybe get a chance to win something, but still no luck and I can't spend any more money there with absolutely nothing to show for it. I have only 30 bids left in my account. Maybe tomorrow will be my lucky day! I have to win something good just to keep my hubby from killing me when he gets the next credit card statement! :smilielol5:

I had most luck bidding on things otehr than bid packs or top items. Also try to be patient and not bid right away. See if you can figure out where the auto bidders are coming into play. I think I also looked at past auctions to see what items wouldn't go for much and tried that. Good luck! BidRay got about $300 of my money and I won a couple things but I've closed my account because I have better luck on other sites.

caveninit
  • caveninit
  • Members
  • 2,554 posts

Thanks for the advice...I did research past auctions and who the high bidders are, but it's never a real indication. One item I was bidding on that I blew $100 on had always in the past gone for under $1.00 as it's not really a big ticket item..but when I was bidding on it, it went up almost $7.00 and I quit...4 minutes later the autobidder who was bidding against me all night also quit and someone else came in a grabbed it. I almost cried..then a few hours later the same item was up again and it ended at 20 cents. Today that same item ended at 77 cents. Seems like every single item I bid on everyone wants at the same time, yet as I watch the auctions throughout the day, those same items, when I am NOT bidding, end in less than 5 minutes and under a dollar.
I just can't win...and I really don't need any more gum or thumbdrives. I need a TV or a cute netbook...I would even settle for a camcorder!

tanyalove
  • tanyalove
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

I had my eye on that retro candy but forgot to bid.
~Tanyalove :love:

angelducky
  • angelducky
  • Members
  • 2,149 posts

Thanks for the advice...I did research past auctions and who the high bidders are, but it's never a real indication. One item I was bidding on that I blew $100 on had always in the past gone for under $1.00 as it's not really a big ticket item..but when I was bidding on it, it went up almost $7.00 and I quit...4 minutes later the autobidder who was bidding against me all night also quit and someone else came in a grabbed it. I almost cried..then a few hours later the same item was up again and it ended at 20 cents. Today that same item ended at 77 cents. Seems like every single item I bid on everyone wants at the same time, yet as I watch the auctions throughout the day, those same items, when I am NOT bidding, end in less than 5 minutes and under a dollar.
I just can't win...and I really don't need any more gum or thumbdrives. I need a TV or a cute netbook...I would even settle for a camcorder!

That's exactly what happened to me. All I wanted was a hard drive or hand blender and I never could get either so I honestly just gave up on the site.

hondaking1234
  • hondaking1234
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

so far i have won a few things but have not received any shipment information.do they normally tell the user that somewhere?

angelducky
  • angelducky
  • Members
  • 2,149 posts

so far i have won a few things but have not received any shipment information.do they normally tell the user that somewhere?

Nope you just kinda get the item one day. Jsut one of many complaints I had with them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users