WinkBid - Now launched in the US!

Started by seans , Sep 03 2009 03:03 PM

• Please log in to reply
366 replies to this topic

ProtoProtoss
  • ProtoProtoss
  • Members
  • 743 posts

I've never bought any bids there. I won the Wii with the free 5 bids or whatever they gave me. Actually, my first win was a game that he said wasn't available in the U.S. so I allowed him to give me like 10 or so free bids instead. Then I won the Wii with those and I have a couple left that I haven't spent, so periodically I go throw 1 bid just to see if it still has the errors, and sure enough... anytime "I" bid the display isn't updated, but the history is.

I feel pretty accomplished knowing I fought and received a Nintendo Wii from a well-known scamming company. I would have paid extra just to take them to court or have them shut down if need be. (I have some friends in high places).
Disclaimer: All of the text stated above is MY own personal opinion... so for those of you who seem to always find something or have something negative to say about anything I seem to type... :lurk5:

You can't control the flock without the fear of the wolf.
---

suzyq
  • suzyq
  • Members
  • 3,109 posts

I've never bought any bids there. I won the Wii with the free 5 bids or whatever they gave me.

Well, no wonder you weren't supposed to win anything!! Bet he's sorry he ever gave you any free bids -- he probably has nightmares about you! From now on, we shall call you ProtoTheBotBeater.

Shenanigans
  • Shenanigans
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • 1,086 posts

(I have some friends in high places).

You must, since only the federal government has the authority, attention span, and ability to do anything about online scam sites. Their problem is motivation, and red tape.
DO WHAT'S RIGHT, NOT WHAT'S EASY

Laurie
  • Laurie
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Hi All
Just to let you know that i received the Sandisk clip 2 GB MP£ player, that Winkbid owed me, by registered post, (02/12/09), Well i think it is 2 GB, as it came unboxed and with no instruction as to use, good job i was not plaining to give it as a Christmas present, now waiting for another win to be delivered won a month ago, other wins have been delivered.

If this site is legit, which it may well be, which i would like to think is, i say this as i believe a lot of sites start up and don't think of whats involved they can, only see the profit line, and with any site, if you want to make it a success the first rule is look after your clients, when they win, get that win in the post to them as soon as possible, if the item is being sent out by another company, then chase that company, and explain what is happening by email to your client, so that they know what's going on.

As a member of a site then copy and keep all correspondence from and to the site that you use.

ps This goes for a lot of other sites that don't seem to care about how long the post take to arrive at their members address, they have got your money, that's it!!.

suzyq
  • suzyq
  • Members
  • 3,109 posts

Just took a look to see what was going on there and he hasn't had any auctions for 2 weeks. Do you suppose he closed?

ProtoProtoss
  • ProtoProtoss
  • Members
  • 743 posts

That site is gone for good... I guess sending me the Wii I won after having to fight for it in the public eye broke them financially.:rolleyes::S He started off so well too, but cheating me out of that other thing I won was what started it... Had only he just sent it... I would've praised his site and helped him get traffic and everything.

What's worse is that when he first started he seemed like he was going to be so honest and run a legitimate site. Everyone had admin access and he didn't know, so I actually alerted him and helped fix a lot of stuff there. But oh well... never can tell these days...
Disclaimer: All of the text stated above is MY own personal opinion... so for those of you who seem to always find something or have something negative to say about anything I seem to type... :lurk5:

You can't control the flock without the fear of the wolf.
---

PennyAuctionWatch
  • PennyAuctionWatch
  • PAW Founder
  • Administrators
  • 6,091 posts

That site is gone for good... I guess sending me the Wii I won after having to fight for it in the public eye broke them financially.:rolleyes::S He started off so well too, but cheating me out of that other thing I won was what started it... Had only he just sent it... I would've praised his site and helped him get traffic and everything.

What's worse is that when he first started he seemed like he was going to be so honest and run a legitimate site. Everyone had admin access and he didn't know, so I actually alerted him and helped fix a lot of stuff there. But oh well... never can tell these days...

Didn't I tell you he left a shill comment here and won his own item?

I believe that the more penny auction bidders that come together and post their honest experiences, exposing the shady-scam penny auction sites, the less and less shady-scam sites will stop being the majority in the penny auction industry. Stand with me.

Penny Auction News, Reviews, Directory & Discussion!
Follow us on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!

To the Scam Artists: Enough is Enough

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users