Started by seans , Sep 03 2009 03:03 PM

• Please log in to reply
366 replies to this topic

winkbid
  • winkbid
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

yes , would be interested on winkbid . will it be in US$ ?

i agree with suzyq about the special .

monika

Monika, you have not signed up?

winkbid
  • winkbid
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

We have just put up a quick auction for 20 minutes for 50 WinkBids! So for a chance to win 50 WinkBids worth £40! get your bids in!

winkbid
  • winkbid
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

We have just put up a quick auction for 20 minutes for 50 WinkBids! So for a chance to win 50 WinkBids worth £40! get your bids in!

winkbid
  • winkbid
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

It just finished for £1.11 and it's worth £40, what a bargain!

suzyq
  • suzyq
  • Members
  • 3,109 posts

If you don't mind a few things I noticed --

Your page on how WinkBids works states "if another user bids the timer restarts and goes back up to 2 minutes." When you place a bid under 2 minutes, 2 minutes is added to whatever the current time is -- in other words, if you place a bid at 48 seconds, the timer goes to 2 minutes 48 seconds.

Thank you for adding US $. However, when you place a bid from the actual item page the US$ disappears, leaving just the UK value which totally throws me for a loop!

Have to pay you guys a compliment -- you have fantastic customer service!!

suzyq
  • suzyq
  • Members
  • 3,109 posts

Angelducky - you would really like to win a PS3 wouldn't you?

I like PS3's too! ;)

monikab
  • monikab
  • Members
  • 834 posts

hello ,

after a few horrible days with the flu i signed up . i tried to sign up a few days ago and i clicked this link www.USA.WinkBid.com and i got an error message. later on i read your post that it is www.winkbid.com so maybe you want to edit your link in the previous post :)

Edited by monikab, 12 October 2009 - 03:55 AM.
spelling

monikab
  • monikab
  • Members
  • 834 posts

hi,

maybe the 2min timer is a bit long?

monika

winkbid
  • winkbid
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

hello ,

after a few horrible days with the flu i signed up . i tried to sign up a few days ago and i clicked this link www.USA.WinkBid.com and i got an error message. later on i read your post that it is www.winkbid.com so maybe you want to edit your link in the previous post :)

Monika, you have not paid for any of the auctions, you have won?

winkbid
  • winkbid
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

If you don't mind a few things I noticed --

Your page on how WinkBids works states "if another user bids the timer restarts and goes back up to 2 minutes." When you place a bid under 2 minutes, 2 minutes is added to whatever the current time is -- in other words, if you place a bid at 48 seconds, the timer goes to 2 minutes 48 seconds.

Thank you for adding US $. However, when you place a bid from the actual item page the US$ disappears, leaving just the UK value which totally throws me for a loop!

Have to pay you guys a compliment -- you have fantastic customer service!!

If you press refresh, once you bid it should show in USD.

Edited by winkbid, 12 October 2009 - 03:51 PM.

suzyq
  • suzyq
  • Members
  • 3,109 posts

Just wondering if it would be possible to have the option of changing the time zone?

winkbid
  • winkbid
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Just wondering if it would be possible to have the option of changing the time zone?

We are thinking of changing the defualt currency and time zone all to suit American's but there would have to be more American members to do so...

suzyq
  • suzyq
  • Members
  • 3,109 posts

You know how Winnit is having Nick Lachey deliver the won items. Think you could get Simon Cowell? :wink:

suzyq
  • suzyq
  • Members
  • 3,109 posts

We are thinking of changing the defualt currency and time zone all to suit American's but there would have to be more American members to do so...

Well, I have to admit it has been too easy to win. Are the US players currently playing against those in the UK?

You would attract more US players if you could come down a bit in those bid prices -- too pricey for most of us!

Edited by suzyq, 12 October 2009 - 06:02 PM.

winkbid
  • winkbid
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Well, I have to admit it has been too easy to win. Are the US players currently playing against those in the UK?

You would attract more US players if you could come down a bit in those bid prices -- too pricey for most of us!

What price would you like, we think our prices are decent compared to other UK auction websites.

suzyq
  • suzyq
  • Members
  • 3,109 posts

But you have to remember that you're trying to also attract the US market. I don't know what they are in the UK. I think 70-75 cents for 100 bid pack is fair. When bids get around the $1 level, I back off on spending.

suzyq
  • suzyq
  • Members
  • 3,109 posts

I love the fact that you give out 5 free bids when you register. Makes it so easy to win since you don't seem to have that many customers yet. And I see there have already been several winners from the PAW forum. Hope it works out for you, winkbid, and that you're around for a long time.:51:

But you still haven't answered my question about Simon Cowell???

winkbid
  • winkbid
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

We have just changed the default currency to USD and should take effect within 30 minutes, also the WinkBid package prices are now cheaper from 50 cents each.

winkbid
  • winkbid
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

We have just changed the default currency to USD and should take effect within 30 minutes, also the WinkBid package prices are now cheaper from 50 cents each.

angelducky
  • angelducky
  • Members
  • 2,149 posts

Angelducky - you would really like to win a PS3 wouldn't you?

Yup I would! suzyq and I are on a quest to get a PS3 :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users