Is it possible?

Started by coolguy451 , Nov 02 2009 03:45 AM

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

coolguy451
  • coolguy451
  • Members
  • 1,144 posts

Is it possible to set up some type of communication system that would allow users to sell some of their items to others without being some form of collusion. I know for myself, I am tired of trying to win an Ipod touch (something I have coveted for a long time) and would be interested in making a purchase from someone who is just going to sell it back to Amazon or on ebay.

PennyAuctionWatch
  • PennyAuctionWatch
  • PAW Founder
  • Administrators
  • 6,091 posts

In the beginning we did set up a win swap thread but then members thought it was unnecessary. What does everyone else think?

I believe that the more penny auction bidders that come together and post their honest experiences, exposing the shady-scam penny auction sites, the less and less shady-scam sites will stop being the majority in the penny auction industry. Stand with me.

Penny Auction News, Reviews, Directory & Discussion!
Follow us on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!

To the Scam Artists: Enough is Enough

sixtoes
  • sixtoes
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 382 posts

i was thinking the same thing but did not want to break any rules:24:

janyce16
  • janyce16
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 450 posts

In the beginning we did set up a win swap thread but then members thought it was unnecessary. What does everyone else think?

is it possible that the ppl who wants to sell their items, can post a link to their user's ebay account or amazon acc?

don't you think so PAW?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

coolguy451
  • coolguy451
  • Members
  • 1,144 posts

I guess my thinking was more in hopes of avoiding amazon/ebay. both of those sites cost money to post auctions as well as take a percentage of the final sale price. If this can be avoided, then it would be beneficial to the seller and it might also allow them to sell it for a little less than the prices on those websites.

Just a thought, but some type of system sounds like it could be useful (the swap sounds interesting as well) especially with the number of users on this site growing daily.

Shells
  • Shells
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts

I think that would be a great idea, especially since it is getting closer to Christmas. I would also like an ipod touch or nano.

Edited by Shells, 02 November 2009 - 09:20 PM.
forgot a word

caveninit
  • caveninit
  • Members
  • 2,554 posts

I love the idea of a swap.

eshopper
  • eshopper
  • Members
  • 2,437 posts

I like the idea too, I'd rather leave ebay and amazon out of it and just buy direct from the seller using paypal. I don't like the idea of swapping ebay id's ... you know people would just stalk those being nosey trying to find out how much money everyone was making. :smilielol5:

Money2Burn
  • Money2Burn
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts

I think it's a great idea, especially with the holidays coming up.

PennyAuctionWatch
  • PennyAuctionWatch
  • PAW Founder
  • Administrators
  • 6,091 posts

We'll think about this some more. I forgot to add it was also the marketplace/win swap and the exchanging would have to be done at your own discretion. Hmm.

I believe that the more penny auction bidders that come together and post their honest experiences, exposing the shady-scam penny auction sites, the less and less shady-scam sites will stop being the majority in the penny auction industry. Stand with me.

Follow us on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!

angelducky
  • angelducky
  • Members
  • 2,149 posts

I would also be interested in something like this. I've wanted to offer to swap but was also afraid of breaking rules :)

bloo123456
  • bloo123456
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

umm.. i think if you buy a certain kind of hosting and have cpanel and fantastico.. and fantastico has an ecommerce script.. well u could use that to add a subdomain.. and let people create accounts and seel their items and they could pay a lil money to sell their items which would cover your hosting costs or whatever else..

does that sound good? o.O or no..

suzyq
  • suzyq
  • Members
  • 3,109 posts

Bloo -- I just noticed that you don't have a shirt on. I don't think nudity is allowed on PAW.

bloo123456
  • bloo123456
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

haha lol.. i just realized that when u just told me.. but dont worry.. im a guy so shirtless is alrite.. its not alrite if you are a girl.. if you know what i am sayin :)

any1 remember the episode of southpark when butters becomes a pimp and he asks his parents..
"do you know what i am sayin?"
hehe i was laughin all night.

PennyAuctionWatch
  • PennyAuctionWatch
  • PAW Founder
  • Administrators
  • 6,091 posts

Working on this now. We'll see how this works!

Follow us on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!

suzyq
  • suzyq
  • Members
  • 3,109 posts

haha lol.. i just realized that when u just told me.. but dont worry.. im a guy so shirtless is alrite.. its not alrite if you are a girl.. if you know what i am sayin :)

any1 remember the episode of southpark when butters becomes a pimp and he asks his parents..
"do you know what i am sayin?"
hehe i was laughin all night.

Bloo -- I think you need to work out a little more -- those arms look kind of skinny!

bloo123456
  • bloo123456
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

lol u wouldnt think that if you see me in real life..
im not saying that i got a six pack and ****..
im just fat!!! lol jk.. :smilielol5:

PennyAuctionWatch
  • PennyAuctionWatch
  • PAW Founder
  • Administrators
  • 6,091 posts

Ok guys, it's possible but I am still trying to find out the legalities involved with this kind of thing, not sure if my state laws allow me to even have an online auction on my website without first obtaining an auctioneering license. Also, I do not want to be held liable if an approved seller on here does not ship items.. Eek. This could turn out to be a major headache. If I do set this up, messaging will be enabled for buyers & sellers but the messaging will not be private because I can read direct messages and this will be disclosed, so it would be called direct messaging as it may not be used to collude, exchange info such as e-mails as an attempt to manipulate or collude on auction sites. Any thoughts?

Follow us on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!

suzyq
  • suzyq
  • Members
  • 3,109 posts

it may not be used to collude, exchange info such as e-mails

If you use PayPal don't the email addresses and phone numbers show up on the transaction details?

PennyAuctionWatch
  • PennyAuctionWatch
  • PAW Founder
  • Administrators
  • 6,091 posts

We decided to try this out, check out the Penny Auction Watch--Marketplace!

Follow us on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users