Is it possible?

Started by coolguy451 , Nov 02 2009 03:45 AM

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

coolguy451
  • coolguy451
  • Members
  • 1,144 posts

Very impressive PAW. I look forward to seeing it in action.

janyce16
  • janyce16
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 450 posts

PAW can you put a direct link under Quick links, so we can find it faster than looking for the thread on the forums?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PennyAuctionWatch
  • PennyAuctionWatch
  • PAW Founder
  • Administrators
  • 6,091 posts

Ok guys for now we decided to discontinue the marketplace...

I believe that the more penny auction bidders that come together and post their honest experiences, exposing the shady-scam penny auction sites, the less and less shady-scam sites will stop being the majority in the penny auction industry. Stand with me.

Penny Auction News, Reviews, Directory & Discussion!
Follow us on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!

To the Scam Artists: Enough is Enough

mparzy
  • mparzy
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

I think this is a great Idea in concept

BUT

come-on you knew this was comming - not everyone is honest and It would be too easy for someone say BOB to come on, and start buying things from people, get in touch with them from information on paypal or something and then all of the sudden be able to setup a scheme where noone would bid on a certain auction to buy something because then the price would be lower. The item would sell and then be resold on here or eventually even privately for a few dollars more. Payments of any type from an online source will give a name, address, phone number, and even if they didn't there would be some sort of communication (the item itself would have to be shipped and could include a letter or note giving your information).

To easy to scam the system and i think it leaves PAW open to alot of liability in that way. Besides if you read the TOU of most of the auction sites it says "commercial" use is forbidden and that would mean reselling the items for a profit.

Ok i'm done with this rant!

Edited by mparzy, 13 November 2009 - 06:25 PM.
forgot something

PennyAuctionWatch
  • PennyAuctionWatch
  • PAW Founder
  • Administrators
  • 6,091 posts

I think this is a great Idea in concept

BUT

come-on you knew this was comming - not everyone is honest and It would be too easy for someone say BOB to come on, and start buying things from people, get in touch with them from information on paypal or something and then all of the sudden be able to setup a scheme where noone would bid on a certain auction to buy something because then the price would be lower. The item would sell and then be resold on here or eventually even privately for a few dollars more. Payments of any type from an online source will give a name, address, phone number, and even if they didn't there would be some sort of communication (the item itself would have to be shipped and could include a letter or note giving your information).

To easy to scam the system and i think it leaves PAW open to alot of liability in that way. Besides if you read the TOU of most of the auction sites it says "commercial" use is forbidden and that would mean reselling the items for a profit.

Ok i'm done with this rant!

No problem, ranting is just fine by us! :)

Yes this is exactly why we decided to not do it. Sorry guys, you may want to check out StuffBuff it looks like it might be a neat ebay/Cl alternative. (Use beta invite code *penny*)

I believe that the more penny auction bidders that come together and post their honest experiences, exposing the shady-scam penny auction sites, the less and less shady-scam sites will stop being the majority in the penny auction industry. Stand with me.

Penny Auction News, Reviews, Directory & Discussion!
Follow us on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!

To the Scam Artists: Enough is Enough

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users