Started by ProtoProtoss , Nov 02 2009 08:24 AM
ubidplace.com

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

ProtoProtoss
  • ProtoProtoss
  • Members
  • 743 posts

ubidplace = 100% scam. I bidded with the free bids I received and as mentioned it'll just keep restarting. I knew it was a scam but wanted to do some investigating and toying in their source code revealed THIS: Pay good attention to the words "minimum_price" which is in the code for all of the auctions.

ubidplace.com/auctions/view/55

"Auction":{"id":"55","start_time":"2009-03-29 10:28:00","end_time":"2009-11-02 00:30:00","rrp":"1295","start_price":"0.09","peak_only":"0","closed":"0","minimum_price":"99.93","current_limit":"0","message":"You have no more bids in your account","element":"auction_55"}}

ubidplace.com/auctions/view/49

"Auction":{"id":"49","start_time":"2009-03-28 09:41:00","end_time":"2009-11-02 00:27:18","rrp":"949","start_price":"0.42","peak_only":"0","closed":"0","minimum_price":"93.75","current_limit":"0","message":"You're already the highest bidder","element":"auction_49"}}Now the above were CURRENT auctions. Now take a look at a CLOSED auction.

ubidplace.com/auctions/view/116
{"Auction":{"id":"116","start_time":"2009-04-07 11:23:00","end_time":"2009-04-07 11:25:00","rrp":"255","start_price":"25.32","peak_only":"0","closed":"1","minimum_price":"0","current_limit":"0","message":"Auction has been closed","element":"auction_116"}} Now notice the "end_time" on all 3 of the above. Yep... last real closed auction was over 6 months ago.

Edited by PennyAuctionWatch, 03 November 2009 - 06:38 PM.

Disclaimer: All of the text stated above is MY own personal opinion... so for those of you who seem to always find something or have something negative to say about anything I seem to type... :lurk5:

You can't control the flock without the fear of the wolf.
---

PennyAuctionWatch
  • PennyAuctionWatch
  • PAW Founder
  • Administrators
  • 6,091 posts

Common Questions:
Q: How do I know if there is a reserve?

A: You don’t we do not disclose that information for multiple reasons.

I believe that the more penny auction bidders that come together and post their honest experiences, exposing the shady-scam penny auction sites, the less and less shady-scam sites will stop being the majority in the penny auction industry. Stand with me.

Penny Auction News, Reviews, Directory & Discussion!
Follow us on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!

To the Scam Artists: Enough is Enough

champl0o
  • champl0o
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

All of the auctions on this site have a 2min countdown clock and even if no one else bids when the clock hits zero it will still reset to two minutes. For example i have been the highest bidder for 3 different auctions now for about 2days and the clock keeps reseting even though in two days no one else has bid besides me. I just want some clarification on why this site does this because the site itself and support have not answered this to me.
:S

BidPigs Boss
  • BidPigs Boss
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 450 posts

I didn't look yet, but I'll bet there's a reserve price set in there somewhere that you didn't see. Probably won't end until its hit. Just a guess.....

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ubidplace.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users