Brass Bids

Started by suzyq , Nov 11 2009 05:15 AM

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

eshopper
  • eshopper
  • Members
  • 2,437 posts

I used whatever is on the site. Man that sucks. If she cancels mine I'm reporting the charge to my CC company for the bids as fraudulent so they will reverse the charge because I ONLY bought bids to win that gift card. I bought bids a few hours before that auction started and every bid I used was on that gift card, I never placed another bid on anything else.

I don't know what these people are thinking who open these sites with the big ticket items and then they can't afford the losses so they bail out leaving people who put their trust in them holding the bag.

angelducky
  • angelducky
  • Members
  • 2,149 posts

Everything I've been waiting on has been canceled as well, including the Nintendo DS I won a while ago. Yes I asked for blue btu come on, it's in stock on Amazon too!!! http://www.amazon.co...60301230&sr=8-1

I'm not pleased at all.

suzyq
  • suzyq
  • Members
  • 3,109 posts

You can buy a coffeemaker or DS at any store. Same thing for gift cards.

I would like to apologize to anyone who listened to me and has lost money at Brass Bids. I guess some people will never change.

eshopper
  • eshopper
  • Members
  • 2,437 posts

But you guys did receive some items?

caveninit
  • caveninit
  • Members
  • 2,554 posts

This is why I just refused to bid again on her site....I know you guys all believed she wasn't shilling any more, but when I was bidding on 2 different items 2 weeks ago, I had that distinct feeling that I was being shilled against and I never went back. I was actually considering filing for a refund but of course I didn't have any proof...I just KNEW... Doesn't surprise me in the least that she has cancelled orders. She should never have even bothered to start an auction site....this was way over her head and means from day 1 in my opinion. I am just so sorry you guys had orders cancelled....that just SUCKS!

scapril
  • scapril
  • Members
  • 706 posts

That just sucks! Sorry you ladies got scammed!!

eshopper
  • eshopper
  • Members
  • 2,437 posts

I haven't received a cancellation notice but I never felt good about this site to begin with, I thought well....they have something I am going to go out and buy anyway and suzy and ducky both received things way more expensive than this $50 gift card so I'll give it a shot. I don't think I was shilled but I don't think I'll get my gift card either. LOL

I clicked the facebook,twitter,contact us, all those links on the site and it looks like she's deleted those accounts and there is no contact info. What really pisses me off is that the card I won was...I think...a day before? at most 2 days before she took the site down. She knew when she took my money for the bid package that she was thinking about doing this. They might think that they can just cancel orders and be in the clear but they've got another thing coming lol I'm getting the amount I paid for the bid pack refunded as well, either she can send me a ship notice or refund the full amount of the bid pack herself within 24 hours or I will turn it in to my credit card companies fraud unit....I doubt she wants that. :)

PennyAuctionWatch
  • PennyAuctionWatch
  • PAW Founder
  • Administrators
  • 6,091 posts

This is why I just refused to bid again on her site....I know you guys all believed she wasn't shilling any more, but when I was bidding on 2 different items 2 weeks ago, I had that distinct feeling that I was being shilled against and I never went back. I was actually considering filing for a refund but of course I didn't have any proof...I just KNEW... Doesn't surprise me in the least that she has cancelled orders. She should never have even bothered to start an auction site....this was way over her head and means from day 1 in my opinion. I am just so sorry you guys had orders cancelled....that just SUCKS!

It looked like they still had reserves (bots).

Edited by PennyAuctionWatch, 08 December 2009 - 08:46 PM.

I believe that the more penny auction bidders that come together and post their honest experiences, exposing the shady-scam penny auction sites, the less and less shady-scam sites will stop being the majority in the penny auction industry. Stand with me.

Penny Auction News, Reviews, Directory & Discussion!
Follow us on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!

To the Scam Artists: Enough is Enough

EllaJames
  • EllaJames
  • Members
  • 668 posts

wow, this is sad. I'm sorry to hear you're all going through this. I thought they were one of the good ones. I might even have bids there. I hope they get what's coming to them!

suzyq
  • suzyq
  • Members
  • 3,109 posts

I would strongly suggest that everyone file their complaints now!

eshopper
  • eshopper
  • Members
  • 2,437 posts

Just got an email with my bid pack refunded and the 38 cents for the giftcard.

Actually, I guess I got it when you all did, just forgot about my google checkout email being different than my other one.

PennyAuctionWatch
  • PennyAuctionWatch
  • PAW Founder
  • Administrators
  • 6,091 posts

Well since she did refund everyone not sure what good filing a complaint will do. Maybe they won't come back.

I believe that the more penny auction bidders that come together and post their honest experiences, exposing the shady-scam penny auction sites, the less and less shady-scam sites will stop being the majority in the penny auction industry. Stand with me.

Penny Auction News, Reviews, Directory & Discussion!
Follow us on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!

To the Scam Artists: Enough is Enough

suzyq
  • suzyq
  • Members
  • 3,109 posts

Well since she did refund everyone not sure what good filing a complaint will do. Maybe they won't come back.

I meant that for the people who recently purchased bids and will be unable to use them. There had to be more than 3 of us.

angelducky
  • angelducky
  • Members
  • 2,149 posts

You can buy a coffeemaker or DS at any store. Same thing for gift cards.

I would like to apologize to anyone who listened to me and has lost money at Brass Bids. I guess some people will never change.

I'll add my apologies too. I thought after I got those great deals on the iPod touch and Nintendo DS that things were legit but looks like I was wrong.

I want my bid packs refunded that I spent on the auctions she has apparently canceled. This is completely ridiculous.

angelducky
  • angelducky
  • Members
  • 2,149 posts

It looks like BrassBids is completely down now. Ugh

eshopper
  • eshopper
  • Members
  • 2,437 posts

The refund for the auction and for the bid packs posted to my accounts yesterday.

suzyq
  • suzyq
  • Members
  • 3,109 posts

it looks like brassbids is completely down now. Ugh

....rip....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users