• Please log in to reply
1721 replies to this topic

Zyekad
  • Zyekad
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Hi All,

I just wanted to post a warning about a new penny site bidsauce.com.

I purchased a pack there to give it a try since it only opened a few days ago and there was little to no competition. I watched prior to purchasing that pack and all the $50.00 gift cards were selling between $0.05 and $0.23 depending on company the card was for. This was consistant for over two hours of auctions, with about 6-8 completing per hour.

As soon as I bid on the first card it miraculously went to $0.30 with two other bidders at the same time. I dropped out of that one because by that point both of them seemed to be going at it pretty hard. Not too surprisingly, it sold at $0.31 - only one penny higher than my final bid.

I then watched a few more gift card auctions, all selling under $0.23, with some as low as $0.07. Then I decided to try a second one. Same thing happened, where as soon as I started bidding there were a couple other people that jumped in and at around $0.35 I gave up. Again, not to my surprise after seeing this high of an amount with 2 other bidders fighting with me for the high bid the entire time, the auction was won at $0.36.

I had a few bids left and at this point figured it was a scam with shills, but decided what the heck, I'll give it a try just to see. After a few more gift cards passed by at low amounts I bid again, and I'm sure you can guess it, as soon as I ran out of bids at $0.33 total, against 2 other bidders, at $0.34 it sold again.

Three auctions, 2 other bidders each time with different names, and each time it sold for exactly 1 penny over what I had bid up to and those three sold for more than any other auction for over 4 hours total in both watching that site, then participating. I guess it is technically possible it was just very unlucky of me, but when the auctions are all low except for three of them I bid on, then every one of those three I lost by one penny, with two other heavily active bidders in each auction I was a part of... well, I will let you draw your own conclusion.

~Zyekad
  • fetlylozy and Donaldnug like this

suzyq
  • suzyq
  • Members
  • 3,109 posts

Zyekad, thanks for the heads up! Funny but I just came across bidsauce this afternoon. Just didn't look right to me, especially when I found out there was no where to put in my address. I sent them an email asking if they didn't want my address because I wouldn't be able to win anything anyway. They have not responded.

I see you're new here -- Welcome to PAW! Sounds like you'll be a very valuable contributor to the forum.

Edited by suzyq, 29 November 2009 - 04:49 AM.

angelducky
  • angelducky
  • Members
  • 2,149 posts

Welcome to PAW!! I'm sorry you most likely got scammed and I really hope you didn't lose too much. But thanks so much for posting about your experience so that hopefully BidSauce won't scam others! :22:

PennyAuctionWatch
  • PennyAuctionWatch
  • PAW Founder
  • Administrators
  • 6,091 posts

Welcome to PAW! :) I too found this site earlier today, thank you for your feedback it is greatly appreciated!

I believe that the more penny auction bidders that come together and post their honest experiences, exposing the shady-scam penny auction sites, the less and less shady-scam sites will stop being the majority in the penny auction industry. Stand with me.

Penny Auction News, Reviews, Directory & Discussion!
Follow us on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!

To the Scam Artists: Enough is Enough

rocklin
  • rocklin
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

I have won many gift cards and electronics from Bid Sauce at a low price. As of today, I have received one card and waiting for many more items. There was a letter in the envelope with the card that came from SVM, 200 E. Howard Ave., Suite 220, Des Plaines, IL. There is no phone number on the letter although there is an email address. It looks like the company sells gift cards...Does anyone have any more information on this company? Thanks in advance!

LCNSEW
  • LCNSEW
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

I too have won several items on Bidsauce.com. I just received a couple of the items but still haven't received the rest. i called the number they have listed on their website and spoke with a lady there. She told me that they were behind but would get them out as soon as they could. She would not be more specific than that.

LCNSEW
  • LCNSEW
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

I began bidding on penny auctions about a month ago, so I am new to this. I really enjoy the competition and of course the chance of winning something for a penny. I was hoping somebody here could help me. The last three or four times I was playing on BidSauce, towards the end of the bidding a random user would pop up and start bidding like crazy against me and then stop and disappear. I would not see that user again the whole day. (And I've been on their site four days in row from when they open to when they close. ) The only time I wasn't watching who was playing was for lunch and dinner and bathroom breaks. I never saw those users again. Is this an example of what is referred to as schilling? Thank you . I have won several products already but I feel that it is getting more expensive to win prizes now then when I first started playing on their site.

caveninit
  • caveninit
  • Members
  • 2,554 posts

...Is this an example of what is referred to as schilling? Thank you . I have won several products already but I feel that it is getting more expensive to win prizes now then when I first started playing on their site.

It raises a few red flags.

LCNSEW
  • LCNSEW
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Thank you for that info.

apollo
  • apollo
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

LCNSEW--I have been on Bid sauce for a month, as well. I "won" the max of 30 items, so I am sitting out right now. As of today, I have received one of the thirty items--and I mean today I received an Amazon gift card by FedEx. Where oh where are the rest.

The other thing I wanted to say is that when I see you join an auction, I get out because you seem to go all out for the items you want. I don't think I am the bidder you are referring to because I haven't been on the site for over a week, but that may be a reason a bidder leaves an auction--but not after bidding up the price. May I ask the name of the bidder because I have had similar things happen to me--people who seem to be bidding with no rhyme or reason?

ProtoProtoss
  • ProtoProtoss
  • Members
  • 743 posts

LCNSEW--I have been on Bid sauce for a month, as well. I "won" the max of 30 items, so I am sitting out right now. As of today, I have received one of the thirty items--and I mean today I received an Amazon gift card by FedEx. Where oh where are the rest.

The other thing I wanted to say is that when I see you join an auction, I get out because you seem to go all out for the items you want. I don't think I am the bidder you are referring to because I haven't been on the site for over a week, but that may be a reason a bidder leaves an auction--but not after bidding up the price. May I ask the name of the bidder because I have had similar things happen to me--people who seem to be bidding with no rhyme or reason?

If you haven't received the first stuff, WHY would you keep bidding? Are you:8: or in need of:16:??? (joking, but seriously)

Generally, it's best to win a few items WAIT to see if you receive those first few, (be sure to win them cheaply, or smaller stuff first), then move up to bigger items afterwards.
Disclaimer: All of the text stated above is MY own personal opinion... so for those of you who seem to always find something or have something negative to say about anything I seem to type... :lurk5:

You can't control the flock without the fear of the wolf.
---

apollo
  • apollo
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

I guess I don't go into something thinking I'm going to get taken, at least not before I started reading this forum.

I also called the site and spoke to the same woman as LCNSEW. She was as non-commital with me as she was with her. I told her I would stop payment on my credit cards if I didn't receive the items. She said that violated their T&C. I said so does non-delivery of product. She said it wasn't the same thing, that they were just delayed. I said that may be true, but from where I sit, you took my money and ran. She tried to assure me that wasn't the case, that they are an ongoing business concern, blah,blah and she was sure things would catch up after the holidays.

I put a hold on my credit card this morning. If they deliver, I'll take it off. If not, they won't get my money, credit card companies will not authorize payment to them, and word will spread that they are scammers and they will be out of business.

Was I stupid? You betcha, but I did the same thing with Haggle and BidCactus and received all the things I won. I got sucked in, which is what they want. Now I have learned my rather costly lesson.

LCNSEW
  • LCNSEW
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Hey Apollo,

I can't remember the name of the person, but it definitely wasn't you. And to answer your question, I just bid on the items I want and usually will go all out for it. I really enjoy the competition. Of course if I can get it for pennies, even better but I play more for the competition. And I too have waited a long time for my winnings but just started receiving them today. They take a long time to get to you. I was worried that maybe I was scammed but I think they are just really behind schedule.
I won an item that was guaranteed delivery before Christmas. Funny thing was I won two other items the same day. They got me the item that was guaranteed delivery before Christmas, but not the other two items. It would have been easier just to send all three items at the same time. I didn't understand why they did that, but I did get the other two items just today.
Just out of curiosity, does it upset you when you start bidding on an item and people wait for a long time and then start bidding on the same item? Or is it just me? If I see somebody bidding on something from the beginning and can tell they really want it, I usually just sit back and watch and won't bid on it even if I want it. There will always be another chance for the same item cause they auction the same products every day. Or sometimes I feel that there are a couple of players that are friends and try to double team me. (Do you know what I mean?)
Maybe we should team up or something?

caveninit
  • caveninit
  • Members
  • 2,554 posts

Maybe we should team up or something?

pssst..I would delete that sentence if I were you. Hate to see you get in trouble here, even if you are only kidding

LCNSEW
  • LCNSEW
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Sorry, I didn't know that was against rules. I would delete it if I could, but I don't know how to delete it.

Edited by LCNSEW, 31 December 2009 - 10:51 PM.
adding to post

apollo
  • apollo
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

I feel the same way about getting into auctions that are obviously being fought out by two or three people. I just stay out because, as you said, the item will always come up again. Unfortunately, other people don't feel the same way. I guess the goal is to win, so we are probably in the minority.

The one person I was referring to just seems to bid on every auction as the timer winds down. He/she doesn't seem to care what the item is, just continues to bid as the timer hits 1 seconds. It is very annoying. There were items I would have won for a few cents that this guy jerked up at least thirty bids for no reason.

I also noticed that as he continues to do this, he starts winning the auctions. I know I have stopped bidding on at least two occasions as this started, but when I look at the won auctions list, his name usually appears like four times in a row or four times out of five because people must get sick of wasting bids when this guy is just going to come around at the last second and bid for no reason. It's very annoying.

I have now received 2 of my gift cards--both Amazon.

No collusion, but I will surely root for you when I see you there (although you certainly don't need it).

LCNSEW
  • LCNSEW
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Thank You! And I will root for you too!

rocklin
  • rocklin
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Apollo: The one person I was referring to just seems to bid on every auction as the timer winds down. He/she doesn't seem to care what the item is, just continues to bid as the timer hits 1 seconds. It is very annoying. There were items I would have won for a few cents that this guy jerked up at least thirty bids for no reason.

I have received most of my wins from Bidsauce now. It took a long time but at least I am receiving them. From wins at the beginning of December, I received them the day before Christmas and after. I feel sorry for the winners that were using the items for Christmas presents because many did not receive in time. Excuse me, but is that not the fun of penny auctions? Where you bid at the last few seconds or am I missing something with these sites? Just wondering.......

dragon ball
  • dragon ball
  • Members
  • 2,174 posts

I'm glad I had read your guys and ladies post here. I had just recently joined the BidSauce and won few gift card and also kinda of worry that what if I don't receive my items and just getting charged on my credit card bills. But since someone posted here that they did receive the won prizes then I will continue to bid on BidSauce. I really like the way that you can bid like on the Bid Sauce it's similar to BidCactus. I don't like the BidBuddy in other sites, since I lost around total of $1,000 in sites that uses bid buddys. I stayed up all night and went against bidbuddys and fell sleep for ten seconds and the gift was won by a bidbuddy person. Also I'm glad to find the PAW Forums. I used to just stick to the Fatwallet.com and TheFunplace.com/forums to receive gift cards to test drive cars. :cool:

dragon ball
  • dragon ball
  • Members
  • 2,174 posts

Apollo: The one person I was referring to just seems to bid on every auction as the timer winds down. He/she doesn't seem to care what the item is, just continues to bid as the timer hits 1 seconds. It is very annoying. There were items I would have won for a few cents that this guy jerked up at least thirty bids for no reason.

I have received most of my wins from Bidsauce now. It took a long time but at least I am receiving them. From wins at the beginning of December, I received them the day before Christmas and after. I feel sorry for the winners that were using the items for Christmas presents because many did not receive in time. Excuse me, but is that not the fun of penny auctions? Where you bid at the last few seconds or am I missing something with these sites? Just wondering.......

Only few things that I would like to see changes in bidsauce site is: If they can accept Paypal not just credit cards, Have all night auctions, also have bigger win packages like 200, 300 bid packages like in the bidcactus and also there site has tendency to freeze while bidding like in Rockybid site. I think many too many people bidding and the sites gets too heavy and has tendency to slow down and freeze. I lost several bids to another person since it frozed and when I refresh my page someone else had bid right after me and won the gift card.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users