Background Image

GIVEAWAY: I Love Penny Auctions Because...!

Started by PennyAuctionWatch , Dec 06 2009 06:59 AM

• Please log in to reply
145 replies to this topic

rebecca1973
  • rebecca1973
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

You can get items for cheap and it less exspesive then gambling and I get the same thrill

PAWUSER8
  • PAWUSER8
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 440 posts

I love penny auction watch because I learn about new sites and have met some awesome friends.

rwb63
  • rwb63
  • Members
  • 743 posts

The thrill of competing against others, the chance of winning items for less than retail.
It's just a lot of fun

dzignr_tastz
  • dzignr_tastz
  • Members
  • 696 posts

I love penny auctions because they give me a venue to nurture my inherently competitive nature (other than arguing with my significant other).

I guess it keeps things more civil around here... as long as I'm winning, that is!! LOL

:7:

Money2Burn
  • Money2Burn
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts

... Because I like to see the excitement when someone wins their first auction (like SingaporeSling)! Go SS!

And because I like to see people get to win things for their kids that allows them to pass on the penny auction happiness.

rebecca1973
  • rebecca1973
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

they are exciting and if your good you may get a awsome deal

misaacmom
  • misaacmom
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

I love Penny Auctions because I love saving money. So glad I found this site!

pauld
  • pauld
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

For me..regaurdless of the prize..the thrill is in the win, the cheaper the better :)

trountre
  • trountre
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

I love the thrill of bidding and the great buys. Plus, I have secret crush on my UPS guy.

justletmewin
  • justletmewin
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

I love penny auctions because I like the thrill of being able to win things at hopefully a discount. I am always wondering what the other bidders may be thinking and the strategy they may being taking?? Ill never know??

Aceskye
  • Aceskye
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 365 posts

I love penny auctions because it is thrilling and exciting to bid and win. Love winning cheap stuff.

Builtas1
  • Builtas1
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

I love penny auctions (I called them PA) because I am a staying home mom and what better ways to save $ than to earn them by buying stuff at a discounted price!

PAWUSER8
  • PAWUSER8
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 440 posts

I love penny auction watch because I learn about new sites and have met some awesome friends.

I also love the thrill of bidding on penny auctions to see if I win something for little or nothing. I like to see the bidding strategies of some people. Very interesting

Shenanigans
  • Shenanigans
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • 1,086 posts

Penny auctions give me things I need everyday.

1. Certainty; I know that when I bid I am certain I will have fun. The competition and rivalry that occurs during an auction can be viscous. As personal and viscous as it could be while remaining almost completely anonymous anyway.

2. Uncertainty; this is where life is most fun, isn't it? I mean we all know what it's like. Battling for an HOUR, clicking away at that bid button like it's a red-headed step child, and then! "3... 2... 1... Going... Gone. ENDED"

You stroll from your computer, no, your battle station a victorious warrior-champion. Confidence boosted, ego uncontainable, swagger untouchable, you are on top of this small world. "You've got mail" (Ok, I know NO ONE has AOL anymore, but work with me here)

"We regret to inform you that Auction #332 that you won has been VOIDED...blah blah... Happy bidding!"
What?!!? Then you check out the goings-on on the PAW forum...

You log in, click the "New Posts" tab and see your favorite PA forum has new activity... Furious and anxious to know just what caused this victory to be robbed from you, you click the link, you big bad warrior you...

Oh, surprise surprise...

The resident power bidder, Bid-"tutu"-win, has video evidence that the bid butler misappropriated 3 of his bids, which obviously "changed the landscape" of his bidding strategy, thus irrevocably tarnishing the entire auction's "integrity".

Posted Image
(j/k BTW)
3. Drama. I no longer read the Enquirer or Star magazines. Come to think of it, PA have helped me reduce my carbon footprint.

4. Illusion of superior intellectual prowess over my friends. Scenario: "Hey Shenanigans (all my friends call me this now) I just got a Wii on Black Friday for $150!" My response: "I got mine on 'Penny Tuesday' for $2.55, sorry it was the only one at that price" (This effect only works when you leave the area quickly to avoid further scrutiny.)

5. Value. Where else can you get all of this for less than a buck?

The best thing about penny auctions is PAW, and all the good people I have been able to meet along the way! Thank you all, hope everyone has a great & prosperous New Year!
DO WHAT'S RIGHT, NOT WHAT'S EASY

Hijinks
  • Hijinks
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

I love Penny Auctions because, as a classy dame once said, and I'm paraphrasing here, "most people dream of having a big swimming pool; with me, it's closets."

Where else can you buy an authentic Coach purse for less than $5?!

My sister-in-law is jealous, but little does she know that she and every other woman in my family will be receiving a Coach purse for Christmas next year! :biggrin:

It's also the thrill of the "hunt" and the high of the "win." Anyone can walk into a store and buy what they want on the spot. With Penny Auctions, you have to work at it and that makes what you buy that much more valuable.

In short, Penny Auctions make life -and fashion- a little more fun!
"Some people dream of having a big swimming pool--with me, it's closets." - Audrey Hepburn

Builtas1
  • Builtas1
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Hi I posted a video on you tube on Penny Auction Watch. Here is the link:

Happy New Year!

PennyAuctionWatch
  • PennyAuctionWatch
  • PAW Founder
  • Administrators
  • 6,091 posts

Thanks for entering the first ever Penny Auction Watch Giveaway!
Entry Period Closed-Winners Will be Announced Shortly!

Happy New Years!

Edited by PennyAuctionWatch, 01 January 2010 - 05:32 AM.

I believe that the more penny auction bidders that come together and post their honest experiences, exposing the shady-scam penny auction sites, the less and less shady-scam sites will stop being the majority in the penny auction industry. Stand with me.

Penny Auction News, Reviews, Directory & Discussion!
Follow us on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!

To the Scam Artists: Enough is Enough

suzyq
  • suzyq
  • Members
  • 3,109 posts

Just wanted to thank PAW for this fun activity. This was a terrific idea and it was great to see some of our PAW lurkers finally post on the forum. Posting isn't so scarey, is it? Please keep posting....I'm sure you have much you can share with us.

Must say that if they have a prize for the most humorous entry, it has to go to Shenanigans. Shenanigans, you owe me a new laptop -- I just spit coffee all over mine when I read your entry. Don't think I can clean the coffee puddles out from under the keys....hope I don't get electrocuted today.

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!

eshopper
  • eshopper
  • Members
  • 2,437 posts

Yep..that was a good one, Shenanigans. LOL

Happy New Year everyone and congrats to all the winners!

PAWUSER8
  • PAWUSER8
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 440 posts

Where are the winners posted?

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users