• Please log in to reply
321 replies to this topic

bidtent.com
  • bidtent.com
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Hi there!

I am one of the site operators for www.bidtent.com, a brand new penny auction site. I invite the Penny Auction Watch community to check it out! We are live, feel free to bid, register, etc. Any feedback is appreciated. Oh, check out the $1000.00 Visa gift card we have going right now!

Feel free to ask any questions either here or via email (or phone, number is on the site).

Thanks,
Ian Robinson
Smart Bid, Inc. (bidtent.com)

PennyAuctionWatch
  • PennyAuctionWatch
  • PAW Founder
  • Administrators
  • 6,091 posts

Discuss your experiences with Bidtent.

I believe that the more penny auction bidders that come together and post their honest experiences, exposing the shady-scam penny auction sites, the less and less shady-scam sites will stop being the majority in the penny auction industry. Stand with me.

Penny Auction News, Reviews, Directory & Discussion!
Follow us on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!

To the Scam Artists: Enough is Enough

PennyAuctionWatch
  • PennyAuctionWatch
  • PAW Founder
  • Administrators
  • 6,091 posts

Intro Q & A with Bidtent: http://www.pennyauct...on-bidtent-com/

Edited by PennyAuctionWatch, 04 December 2009 - 05:13 PM.

I believe that the more penny auction bidders that come together and post their honest experiences, exposing the shady-scam penny auction sites, the less and less shady-scam sites will stop being the majority in the penny auction industry. Stand with me.

Penny Auction News, Reviews, Directory & Discussion!
Follow us on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!

To the Scam Artists: Enough is Enough

bidtent.com
  • bidtent.com
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

We have some lucky winners already! Let us know what you think about the site and experience!

Thanks,
bidtent.com

ProtoProtoss
  • ProtoProtoss
  • Members
  • 743 posts

Does this site have limits or is it unlimited?
Disclaimer: All of the text stated above is MY own personal opinion... so for those of you who seem to always find something or have something negative to say about anything I seem to type... :lurk5:

You can't control the flock without the fear of the wolf.
---

bidtent.com
  • bidtent.com
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

There are no win limts as of yet.

Thanks.

bidtent.com
  • bidtent.com
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Check us out! More great items up for sale tonight!

caveninit
  • caveninit
  • Members
  • 2,554 posts

Of course as soon as I start bidding on something 2 people start a bid war....all the auctions ended for well under 25 cents...except the gift card I decided to bid on....:smilielol5:THAT one went for almost $1.00
What annoyed me was that they only had a couple of auctions, and one of the bidders who was bidding so aggressively against me had already won the 2 previous auctions. They REALLY need win limits if they are going to run such a low amount of auctions daily.
I am pretty much done with all penny auction sites...especially those that do not have win limits.

Edited by caveninit, 03 December 2009 - 11:02 PM.

bidtent.com
  • bidtent.com
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Post made in bad judgement.

Edited by bidtent.com, 04 December 2009 - 05:37 AM.
Mea Culpa

Shenanigans
  • Shenanigans
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • 1,086 posts

Any of the other site owners have this guy signing for a million accounts trying to scam you out the signip bids?

Mike Lekarczyk, IP (currently) 66.189.106.61?

It is some charter cable account. Anyway, that guy has made things very annoying.

That is not cool.

Bidtent.com will not sell, rent, lend or give your personal information to anyone unless compelled to by legal order.

http://www.bidtent.com/page/privacy
DO WHAT'S RIGHT, NOT WHAT'S EASY

bidtent.com
  • bidtent.com
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

No email address and plenty of people named that. I am sure you would love it if people were trying to rob you.

As I am sure other site operators would like to know this as well....

Shenanigans
  • Shenanigans
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • 1,086 posts

No email address and plenty of people named that. I am sure you would love it if people were trying to rob you.

As I am sure other site operators would like to know this as well....

Then please do two things.

1. Add to your published user privacy agreement; "unless you find a way to circumvent our system, then we will publish your name online and call you a thief"
2. The PA site owners here are easy to contact, you may already be friends with them. Message them privately.

This user clearly violated rule #3 in the UA. Cancel his accounts, block his email and address and be done with it. Letting your frustration out online is extremely unprofessional, and not following your own privacy agreement does make me nervous.

rockybiduser
  • rockybiduser
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Need some clarification.Do you charge $5.00 in shipping for a $25 gift card.I am seeing some conflicting information on your site.On the auction page where auction price shows up it is written including tax and shipping where as below you mentioned shipping fee as $5.00. Can you please clarify which one is correct.

monikab
  • monikab
  • Members
  • 834 posts

Then please do two things.

1. Add to your published user privacy agreement; "unless you find a way to circumvent our system, then we will publish your name online and call you a thief"
2. The PA site owners here are easy to contact, you may already be friends with them. Message them privately.

This user clearly violated rule #3 in the UA. Cancel his accounts, block his email and address and be done with it. Letting your frustration out online is extremely unprofessional, and not following your own privacy agreement does make me nervous.

ditto

monika

bidtent.com
  • bidtent.com
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Of course as soon as I start bidding on something 2 people start a bid war....all the auctions ended for well under 25 cents...except the gift card I decided to bid on....:smilielol5:THAT one went for almost $1.00
What annoyed me was that they only had a couple of auctions, and one of the bidders who was bidding so aggressively against me had already won the 2 previous auctions. They REALLY need win limits if they are going to run such a low amount of auctions daily.
I am pretty much done with all penny auction sites...especially those that do not have win limits.

As of right now, no one has won three auctions. Some have won 2 in a row, but no site even has a 2 win limit.
We just opened, why would we have 30 auctions?

bidtent.com
  • bidtent.com
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Gotcha. My mistake.

Thanks.

bidtent.com
  • bidtent.com
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Ah, thanks for seeing that. I will fix that! The bid price does not include shipping/tracking/

Thanks for pointing that out!

On a side note, if you do win multiple auctions close together you can combine the shipping! Just e-mail us and we will send an invoice for the auction price and ship the two items together.

Edited by bidtent.com, 04 December 2009 - 06:47 AM.
I didn't post everything I wanted

bidtent.com
  • bidtent.com
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

OK, I fixed the wording so it is not confusing anymore.

Again, thanks for pointing that out. Do you have a membership at our site? If so, please PM me your username and I will give you a little bonus.

Or email us at info@bidtent.com

Shenanigans
  • Shenanigans
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • 1,086 posts

I tried for 3 in a row, but someone really did not want me to. LOL

I will let everyone know when I get the gift cards. =) The site was very responsive to some shipping questions I had, and seems to listen to the customers very well. So far, I like them.

bidtent.com
  • bidtent.com
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Thanks. We try.

If there are any other concerns, please post.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bidtent, shill bidding

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users