Started by bidtent.com , Dec 02 2009 06:45 AM
bidtent shill bidding

• Please log in to reply
321 replies to this topic

caveninit
  • caveninit
  • Members
  • 2,554 posts

As of right now, no one has won three auctions. Some have won 2 in a row, but no site even has a 2 win limit.
We just opened, why would we have 30 auctions?

If you had a win limit of say..1 or 2 wins per day..depending on how many auctions you are running daily....those who already win 2 items that day wont keep bidding on everything else. If newbies are coming to try your site, its a real turn off to see only 3 or 4 auctions running, one person winning 2 of those and still power bidding to win the last 2 items.
Many sites have a 2 win per day limit....and they also add a weekly limit. Just gives more people a chance to actually win something.

rockybiduser
  • rockybiduser
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Thanks for the freebid and I am able to win one item at your site using those.I received an email from telebidscriptdemoemail@googlemail.com about the auction status update.Are you sure this is the indivdual email address for your site only as the email address points to a generic address one.I think you should have something specific for your site only so that me and other bidder should not have any concern.Hope you will take care of this as well.

bidtent.com
  • bidtent.com
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Yeah, the phpmail() script is jacked. I need to make a gmail account of my own but have not gotten around to it. They provide that in the config in case the mail script does not work.

bidtent.com
  • bidtent.com
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

OK, we agree about the win limits. Starting tomorrow, we will add them. Don't know what they will be yet, but stay tuned.

Meanwhile, there is some great stuff up for bid. Get it before it is gone!

Shenanigans
  • Shenanigans
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • 1,086 posts

Do you need some help in configuring the auction to show your email, or do you need help setting up your own .com email? I could help with either if you need it.
DO WHAT'S RIGHT, NOT WHAT'S EASY

bidtent.com
  • bidtent.com
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

I have the email, thanks. This is a dedicated box but whatever it is passing to my server it does not understand or whatever. I made my own gmail account and am sending through that. Anyway, thanks for the offer!

Shenanigans
  • Shenanigans
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • 1,086 posts

Glad to help anytime.
DO WHAT'S RIGHT, NOT WHAT'S EASY

EllaJames
  • EllaJames
  • Members
  • 668 posts

Very fast email response Mr. Ian. Thank You. :wink:

bidtent.com
  • bidtent.com
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

You are welcome, happy bidding!

caveninit
  • caveninit
  • Members
  • 2,554 posts

Good to hear that.I'll be back when the limits are in place. Thanks!

rockybiduser
  • rockybiduser
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 359 posts

I really love the customer service you have provided.I received emails of my items shipped within 10 min of winning the auction.Your site is new and you have all the hallmark of a good genuine site.Keep up the good work.

suzyq
  • suzyq
  • Members
  • 3,109 posts

I saw on your site that your new win limits are 3 per day -- that can't be right, can it?

caveninit
  • caveninit
  • Members
  • 2,554 posts

Yep....3 per day...but still not enough daily auctions on there to balance out such a high win limit. Bummer...cuz I would have liked to play there.

suzyq
  • suzyq
  • Members
  • 3,109 posts

Yep....3 per day...but still not enough daily auctions on there to balance out such a high win limit. Bummer...cuz I would have liked to play there.

Sitting here thinking the same thing. 3 per day = 21 per week. Guess it will be a long time before I try it out. Too bad.

bidtent.com
  • bidtent.com
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Thanks, I hope we never let you guys down! Hopefully the bid limits will be a good thing for all.

Any other suggestions would be great!

bidtent.com
  • bidtent.com
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

There are 11 auctions ending today alone! You should be able to score something.

catchadeal
  • catchadeal
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Hi Bidtent. I've tried your site and have even won several gift cards, however, the $5.00 shipping charge per gift card is quite high. I would probably place more bids on each item but I'm really having a hard time justifying a $5.00 shipping fee on a $25 gift card. I think you have a good site going but it appears you are over-charging for delivery. If I were lucky enough to win 3 auctions back to back, that's a whopping $15 in delivery. Do you have any plans to reduce your delivery charges?

janyce16
  • janyce16
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 450 posts

I saw on your site that your new win limits are 3 per day -- that can't be right, can it?

besides the 3 per day you think putting a limit of maybe 5-7 auctions per week sound better?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

caveninit
  • caveninit
  • Members
  • 2,554 posts

besides the 3 per day you think putting a limit of maybe 5-7 auctions per week sound better?

I do...lol

janyce16
  • janyce16
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 450 posts

I do...lol

thanks for agreeing!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bidtent, shill bidding

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users