Auction Site Accountability Questionaire

Started by realbidtowin , Dec 21 2009 08:33 PM

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

realbidtowin
  • realbidtowin
  • Members
  • 2,272 posts

Ok so many new sites are coming here asking us to beta test which is fine however too many of these sites as we know will not make it. As it turns out they endup knowing more about us that we do them. I suggest Paw or even the members require a small questionaire to be answered by these new sites before we give them our money.Here are a few i would like answered Please add any others you seem fit and lets post this questionaire on each thread to get the answers. This will help you determine if you want to risk your money with them.

1. What are the owners name(s)?
2. Are you a US Company?
3. If so what State are you in?
4. Are you incorporated?
5. Do you have a customer service Phone?
6. What is your refund policy on unused bids and why?
7. What is your estemated shipping lead time.
8. DO you do your own fulfilment or will you use Amazon or Other please specify?
9. What is your business address?
10 what is your customer service response time?
Are you licensed in your state do do business?

These are new businesses in most cases asking us to provide our personal info as well as asking us to trust them with our money, considerng our bids may be banked with them for long periods I think it is appropriate for us to request this information and disclosure.

stewartfan
  • stewartfan
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 324 posts

I agree these are great questions that should be answered.

scapril
  • scapril
  • Members
  • 706 posts

Those are certainly all very legitimate questions. NOT being willing to answer them should definately be a red flag.
~be nice or go home~

eshopper
  • eshopper
  • Members
  • 2,437 posts

Good idea, btw! I agree with everything you listed, we should, at minimum, be provided with the information you listed.

PAW is littered with defunct penny auction sites started by owners with the best intentions who got in over their head with faulty software they had no clue how to use or maintain and others who only thought about how much money they could make after seeing very successful sites who have been around a while get hundreds and sometimes thousands of bids on their $100-$200 items. Believe me, those sites didn't start out like that and don't make that much on every auction.

This may look like easy money to the casual observer but as someone who has watched various sites and followed others on PAW for the last 10 months or so...I can tell you that it is not as easy as it looks. If you're thinking about starting a site you should be required to read every thread in the reviews forum and this forum, you should also be willing to lose money every day for 2 months or more before you start to turn a profit - if that is not acceptable to you then scrap your plan now. And you better have an advertising plan in place well before the first auction begins. Oh and another thing, don't ever, EVER think you can get by with cheating. You WILL get caught - which you will find out quickly if you read the forums suggested.

BidwithPennies
  • BidwithPennies
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

2. Are you a US Company?
4. Are you incorporated?
8. DO you do your own fulfilment or will you use Amazon or Other please specify?

These are new businesses in most cases asking us to provide our personal info as well as asking us to trust them with our money, considerng our bids may be banked with them for long periods I think it is appropriate for us to request this information and disclosure.

I think that it is a great idea and only fair. So here we go.

James Nemeth

2. Are you a US Company?
Yes. Bid with Pennies LLC.

South Carolina

4. Are you incorporated?
Yes, LLC

Yes 843-545-6488 After we get going might look into 1-800 number

We will do refunds. We will refund bids no questions asked. Refunds will be issued at the lowest purchase price. If a bid pack is won it will not count towards the refund of bids.

We will be shipping Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. If auction payment is made by 3pm will ship same day.

Own. When we offer larger items T.V's, Washer Dryer, ect we may use Amazon but that would only be for saving on the shipping for the customers

Its also my home. 5 Abbey Ln Bluffton SC 29910

10. What is your customer service response time?
I have emails coming to my cell phone. So if its a small question I could get back to you within minutes. If it is something that may require time to answer you will get a reply back from me letting you know I have received your email and will get back to you shortly.

11.Are you licensed in your state do do business?
I checked 2 months ago and a license was not needed to have a online auction site.

realbidtowin
  • realbidtowin
  • Members
  • 2,272 posts

Now thats what I am talking about :Angel_anim:

Stuff4me2Win
  • Stuff4me2Win
  • Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Live2Bid.com

Greg Isenberg, Westport, IN

2. Are you a US Company?

Yes.... Site Hosted in Canada.

Indiana

4. Are you incorporated?

Not Yet.

Personal Cell Number - Helpdesk system on website sends messages straight to Blackberry

Yes, within reason.

From our Terms and Conditions:

Refunding of Bids

If a member for any reason wants a refund of their purchased bids, Live2Bid will refund all unused bids back to the member upon their request at the rate per bid of the Bid Pack that was purchased. Bids in a member's account that were won in a bid pack auction will not be refunded. All purchased bids from a bid pack are always considered first used when bidding on auctions. Bids which have been previously won in a bid pack auction will be debited from said member's account once the purchased bids are considered depleated. If the member buys a bid pack after winning a bid pack, the purchased bids will be considered used before the bids won in the pack bids auction. Using this methodology, Live2Bid.com can consistently determine they only refund those bids which were purchased and not won.

If a member requests a refund on their unused bids, Live2Bid may suspend the member's account for any given period or permanently depending on the reason for refund request.

Live2Bid will refund all bids to all bidders for any auction that malfunctions due to server issues or any other reason that is outside of Live2Bid's normal services. The auction will be invalidated and any money recieved by the percieved winning member will be credited back to the member's Paypal account. All parties involved will get a complete disclosure of the event which invalidated the auction via email, PAW posting, and Live2Bid website news.

7. What is your estimated shipping lead time.

E-gift cards within 24 hours
Gift Cards within 2-3 business days
All others - 3-5 business days.

8. Do you do your own fulfilment or will you use Amazon or Other please specify?

E-gift cards come directly from website of card.
Normal Gift Cards may be ordered from website or bought locally and shipped.
Other items will be shipped from Amazon or other Online Retailer

204 S. Elizabeth St., Westport IN, 47283 but building a house and will change around spring.

10 What is your customer service response time?

Less than 24 hours - Many cases less than 5

11. Are you licensed in your state do do business?

No. Not at this time.

12. What is the standard shipping rate on items?

All gift cards - FREE - The way it should be..
Small Items - $7.50
Large Items - $10.00

13. Do you manage your site's server and code, or outsource this task?

Although servers and site are hosted in Canada, I have access to manage all server functions, tasks, and logs. As a programmer by trade, I also manage the database and code for Live2Bid.com as needed. :hurray:

Live2Bid.com also donates all winning auction prices for the week to a designated charity.
Live2Bid.com holds a weekly charity auction for that charity, where the cost of all bids used on the charity and final auction prices are donated as well.
During the first week, Live2Bid.com donated $59.37 to the American Red Cross.

After Live2Bid builds a solid member base we will also be including all Shipping totals to be given to charity.

pennyscoop
  • pennyscoop
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Bryan Lim

2. Are you a US Company?

Currently a Sole Proprietorship but pending LLC

California

4. Are you incorporated?

Pending

Only a home phone number - e-mail me and i'll gladly give it out.

Refunds will be given for unused bids at 0.50 a bid for any reason. BidPacks & other Free bids won in promotion are not counted.

1-2 Days

We currently have all our auction items in stock, which is why our shipping times are so quick. We may use amazon in the future.

1812 Palomino Dr
West Covina, CA 91791

Within 24 hours (usually within 3-4 hours, I check e-mails and these boards frequently).

Edited by pennyscoop, 22 December 2009 - 03:50 AM.

cherilen
  • cherilen
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 247 posts

ABC PENNY AUCTIONS
Start up date: Jan 5

Owner's Name:
CHERYL FOSTER

User Name on Most Sites Including PAW:
cherilen

Are you a U.S. Company:
Yes. ABC PENNY AUCTIONS
Sole Proprietorship (for now)
LLC to come with site growth
(within 6 months)

Phone:
931-223-5515
(800 number in the future)

Email address:
cheri@abcpennyauctions.com
cherilen@charter.net

STATE & Business Address:
TENNESSEE
1265 Iron Bridge Rd
Columbia, TN
(Home location)

SHIPPING:
3-4 Times a week

Own Fulfilment:
As of now, All Items are in My possession.
When site begins, will probably use Amazon, ect.
to help with Shipping cost.

Bid Refunds:
Will refund bids purchased in BidPacks if requested for any reason.

Customer Response:
Plans are for live phone support.Will advertise 9-5 on site,
but will have live support most off hours also.
Email should always be within 2-3 hours.

Other Owner History:
Ebay ID: cherilen feedback 716 100%

oh, yeah, and I'm really funny too! :biggrin:

realbidtowin
  • realbidtowin
  • Members
  • 2,272 posts

I think this disclosure is fantastic and actually you all should copy and past it into you own threads. Thank You all and I hope others follow your lead :wink:

Shenanigans
  • Shenanigans
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • 1,086 posts

I think this disclosure is fantastic and actually you all should copy and past it into you own threads. Thank You all and I hope others follow your lead :wink:

This is a great idea BTW.

I am going to copy & paste this into the PAW Seal discussion as a requirement to be public on PAW's server after the seal is issued (so you click on the seal, and this information is displayed)

I have not yet opened, so I will hold off on this until I do.
DO WHAT'S RIGHT, NOT WHAT'S EASY

suzyq
  • suzyq
  • Members
  • 3,109 posts

This thread was started almost 2 weeks ago and I see that only 4 auction owners have taken the time to respond on the forum. Very interesting.

monikab
  • monikab
  • Members
  • 834 posts

hi ,

myabe it should be made also a new folder titled something like PAs detailed info or something like that .

monika

4 is kind of lousy lol

caveninit
  • caveninit
  • Members
  • 2,554 posts

I love this idea BTW!! It's really helpful, and I agree, this info should be included in all of their individual threads! Great post!

Logan
  • Logan
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Jesper Olsen, Logan Summer and John Barryl

2. Are you a US Company?
No, we are based in Copenhagen Denmark

John Barryl is based in Florida (silent partner - investor)

4. Are you incorporated?
Not with bidheat.net, we might do it in near future.

Not yet, unless you want to call Denmark: +45 5262 7977

Unused bids will be refunded, it seems fair :)

Items will be shipped from Amazon within 48 hours after the won item has been paid.

99% of the items comes from Amazon, the last 1% is from various US based merchants.

We have an office in "RĂ„dhuspladsen", Copenhagen, Denmark
(We also have several other websites)

We will respond as soon as possible (within hours, depending on the time of the day)
A license is not required by the laws of Denmark for the profit we expect to get. If profit goes up, we will get the needed license.
(see also question 4 and 9)

11. Are you a scammer?
Just because we are a "non US" site does not mean we are included in the "group of scammers" we are here to offer a legit, fun and hopefully fair experience for our users.

12. Can we contact you?
Yes, you can contact us at: contact@bidheat.net

13. Do you even have the money required to start such a site?
Yes we do, this is not our first online venture.

14. Is Bidheat.net a US only site?
We will soon open in UK, DK and FR.

15. Last word?
Have fun :)

monikab
  • monikab
  • Members
  • 834 posts

thank you logan :)

now we have 5 :)

monika

dime-diva
  • dime-diva
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

I'm all in...

Traci Eskildsen & Travis Halky

2. Are you a US Company?

Yes.

Florida

4. Are you incorporated?

Yes, we are a Limited Liability Company

Not at the moment, but we generally respond to email inquiries immediately, unless made in the wee hours of the morning.

We will refund full and unused DivaDime bundles for any reason. So, if you bought 10 and still had 10 remaining, we will refund the entire purchase price.

We guarantee shipment within 2 business days of payment.

All of our auction items are IN STOCK. Maybe that explains our less-than fabulous photos (we are working on that!)

We operate out of a home in Jupiter, FL. Since it is my home, and I have 3 young kids, I'd rather not give the address. I hope you understand.

We typically respond immediately, but absolutely respond within less than 1 business day.

11. Are you licensed in your state do do business?

Yes.

12. What is the standard shipping rate on items?

FREE - ALWAYS...well, unless if to an FPO/APO, then $5.

13. Do you manage your site's server and code, or outsource this task?

Our server is a dedicated server hosted by GoDaddy. Travis is the man behind the curtain (our very own "Rod Roddy"). We bought the script to start, but he has essentially rewritten it. He does all of the maintenance himself. Thank goodness, because I don't know #!@! about computers. I love Glam, so I do the buying.

That should do it. Oh, and we are NOT scammers. We are both committed to transparency and integrity. And, just an fyi about me ... I am an attorney, I took an oath, and I would NEVER violate that. Not only is it morally wrong, I could lose my license to practice and I worked too darn hard to throw it away on an Internet start up.

Feel free to ask anything else that may come to mind.

GLAM ON!
Traci

Edited by dime-diva, 05 January 2010 - 02:04 AM.
I saw some additional questions up above...oops...sorry

Bargainsandfun
  • Bargainsandfun
  • Members
  • 546 posts

2. Are you a US Company?
4. Are you incorporated?

1. Jeremiah Hobson (ONLY owner - No Partners or investors to answer to)
2. YES
3. PA
4. YES
5. YES - (570)851-2355
6. Well if someone decides they no longer wish to do business with us we will be more than happy to refund any bidpacks they have purchased. If no bids have been used they will receive a FULL refund. In the event some bids have been used we will calculate a partial refund (WITHOUT ANY SERVICE FEES). All bids for refunds are calculated on a first in first out basis and your bids NEVER expire.
7. We ship regularly on Mondays and Thursdays - If the need and traffic to our site warrants more trips to the post office then we will do so. (most items ship USPS)
8. We Have all items in hand prior to listing so we do our own shipping. NO MIDDLEMAN
9. Physical - 193 Deer run road, bushkill PA 18324 - Mailing 409 Ranchlands bushkill pa 18324
10. Within 1 - 2 hours most of the time (including weekends and holidays)
11. The state of PA does not require an auctioneers license since we own all products ahead of time. However YES we do have a business license.

Thanks - And Hope this helps

Logan
  • Logan
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Dime-diva,

Your last name has a Danish ring to it, any relatives here in the cold Scandinavia?

Logan

dime-diva
  • dime-diva
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Dime-diva,

Your last name has a Danish ring to it, any relatives here in the cold Scandinavia?

Logan

Hi Logan: No relatives that I know of. It is my married name. And, Florida isn't much warmer these days, so I wish I could be in Scandinavia where I would probably still be on maternity leave! Ha! Btw, love your name .... my son is also a Logan!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users