auction php scripts software

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Deerslayer
  • Deerslayer
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

I am looking to purchase a good, quality penny auction site sofware/scripts.
I have been looking at the Gravityscripts Swoopo Platinum 2010 but have not found enough reviews to justify purchasing the sofware for $499.00.

What sofware is used the most and is reliable and preferably has phone support.

I wish to set up a quality and reputable auction site and wish to use a quality software as well.

Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

PennyJersey
  • PennyJersey
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Deerslayer,

I don't have any experience with the script you mentioned but I would steer clear of phppennyauction.com at all costs. The script is very buggy and the support is the worst I have ever encountered. Good luck in your hunt!

BidwithPennies
  • BidwithPennies
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

I wasted $ 745.00 on pennyauctionscript.com so stay way from them. They have a backdoor in the script so at any time they can go in and delete all your users and products. No mater what script you find it will not be 100% you will either need to know php or hire someone that does. If your looking for someone I would suggest www.getacoder.com I found some great help on there. Good luck to ya.

bidpt
  • bidpt
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

I wasted $ 745.00 on pennyauctionscript.com so stay way from them. They have a backdoor in the script so at any time they can go in and delete all your users and products. No mater what script you find it will not be 100% you will either need to know php or hire someone that does. If your looking for someone I would suggest www.getacoder.com I found some great help on there. Good luck to ya.

I can help you with that since i have already removed that from my script. :wink:

I have been looking at the Gravityscripts Swoopo Platinum 2010 but have not found enough reviews to justify purchasing the sofware for $499.00.

I wish to set up a quality and reputable auction site and wish to use a quality software as well.

Thanks in advance.

I don't know your budget but for at least $750 you won't get a good auction script.

If you can afford $1600, just go to reputeinfosystems [dot] com and you won't regret.

Cheers

Bargainsandfun
  • Bargainsandfun
  • Members
  • 546 posts

Thanks in advance.

Hate to burst your bubble on this one but after you pay the $500 for the script you will have to hire a developer to rewrite certain parts of the script. Yes this script does have back doors AND at the same time has the autobidder and admin bidder interface - WHICH - if you want to be a reputable auction site you would need to remove. I looked at purchasing that software but opted for a cheaper script because all i really needed was a workable foundation to build off of.

I think all of the scripts on the market have this. Mostly so they can keep you from moving the script around and not paying them for it. My script had several that I went in and removed because I don't need the problems.

I don't know your budget but for at least $750 you won't get a good auction script..........If you can afford $1600, just go to reputeinfosystems [dot] com and you won't regret.

You can get a good coder to build you a functional site for $500 *wink* and I wouldn't trust repute. The reason I won't is because they are the ones who wrote most of the buggy scripts that are on the market today. They charge extreemly too much money for the scripts they do have and if I'm not mistaken they are the ones that have a copyright removal to get rid of the copyright marks on the bottom of the page you have to pay them.

Not to mention that the site comes encoded (and includes backdoors) so that certain things will only work with one domain name and you can't run multiple sites with one copy of the script.

You can contact me if your interested in a cheap reliable working script bargainsandfun . com will show you an example

The bad news is that most of the scripts on the market that you can buy are all the same script - there are very few that actually have a working version of the scrip and if you do find one the people that sell it want to charge you an arm and a leg to get it. do yourself a favor - buy a cheap script and pay a developer OR talk to other site owners find out what they are running and what they paid that will give you a good idea of the costs you are looking at.

jjjones
  • jjjones
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Has anyone tried Telebid Auction Script?

BidwithPennies
  • BidwithPennies
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

I saw this site today and thought about what you were looking for it might be the script for you its http://www.ajaxphppennyauction.com/ its only $99.00 and has the phone support you were asking for. I don't know if its any good or not. As for spending $1600 for a script you would be nuts. You can get a whole script written from scratch for under $800.

When I was looking at scripts about 2 months ago I found this site http://www.aspauctionpro.com and really liked them but you have to have a windows hosted server as the script is written in ASP but it had lots of features. I think for the most part it was open source too. I think with them you could get a custom look to your site and the script for 500 bucks. They responded to my emails fast and when I was driving I emailed them to call me and within 5 min they did. I would have went with them if I didn't already have a linux dedicated server that I have paid for.

Barginsandfun is right get something to start with cheap and find someone to make your changes for you. Just go to all the penny auction sites looking around for the stuff you think is good or cool and get your programmer to make it happen for you. Then read every post you can on this forum to find out what the users like and don't like and put that into your script too. Then you should be on your way. Don't think it will happen overnight either its going to take some time to get a site up and running.

BidwithPennies
  • BidwithPennies
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

I can help you with that since i have already removed that from my script. :wink:

Don't want to burst your bubble but unless you have had your script for 6 months you don't have the license yet for the script . Therefore if you removed that code from the script they will not re-license your script for you at the 2, 4, and 6 month time line they give you. If you found a way around it good on you.

Bargainsandfun
  • Bargainsandfun
  • Members
  • 546 posts

Don't want to burst your bubble but unless you have had your script for 6 months you don't have the license yet for the script . Therefore if you removed that code from the script they will not re-license your script for you at the 2, 4, and 6 month time line they give you. If you found a way around it good on you.

and that is the problem with the companies that offer you support like this one. They put in their back doors and call homes and stuff like that so that they can keep track of you and their software. It's good for them because they can make sure they are always getting paid for their software. It's bad for you because 1 disgruntled employee can mess with allot of the sites very quickly.

They use an update script that will update their software on your server - it's programmed to use the backdoor, update the script and leave - there is no trace of this in your log files accept at the server level.

1 disgruntled employee on a bad day can write a script that tells it to erase your database, delete the script, e-mail all your users or maybe just mess with you by giving all your users admin rights to the site and an unlimited number of bids.

My recommendation if you have the funding to do it - get a cheap script - have a developer make it the way you want it - get a second developer to check the script for back doors and such - then recheck the second developers work against the files from the original developer and put them on your server. More work, more money but allot safer.

If that's out of your budget then get a cheap script and have it developed but you'll know the risk because every developer knows how to insert a back door and in most cases will do it to protect their assets in case you decide not to pay.

combat
  • combat
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Don't waste your time by searching the web for a cheep all in one solution. Try to get the admin demos of phppennyauction.com, pennyauctionscript.com, telebidauctionscipt.com.....you will see it's all the same crappy software.

If you are in serious business you need a script wich is build from the scratch or a precoded script wich was developed by a company wich has some experiences in the auction business.

A very good script from the scratch with some nice and unique feautures and a unique design included implementation costs around 5000-10000$. Sure you can start with a cheaper schript from the scratch at the beginning but if you will start a serious and profitable business you need a professional script.

Also the server requirements are important. To handle a huge amount of bidders you need a very powerfull server and tons of ram. Better still you get in a load balancing cluster solution to afford your bidders a good performance.

MrRick
  • MrRick
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Thanks in advance.

Be real careful with these swoopo clone scripts, I have a lot of eaxperience with them ( i purchased several from a few different companies) and found that they all have the same problem,
after listing a certain amt of auctions and products, the programs slows down and fails. the company selling these clones are aware of the problem but choose not to fix( I suspect that is because if the scripts worked properly it would be in direct competition with swoopo and telebid) google penny auction scripts and acomplains and you will find a multitude of complaints about these scripts and their points of failure. I myself as i said purchased severl of these so called clones and was given the run around, excuses that ranged from someone hacked into the server and corrupted the files to the servers were no good, or i was nuts. truth be told, when you list more than 300 products and have more than 300 hundred auctions running and the initiate the auto bidder program, the whole system fails, it wither slows doen or most often the auction timers go wacky

MrRick
  • MrRick
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Has anyone tried Telebid Auction Script?

yes and be careful, telebid scripts and the swoopo clones are doomed for anyone who is serious about going into the penny auctions venue. i purchased several from different companies and all had the same problem, when you load more than 300 products, and set more than 300 hundred auctions and also avail yourelf of the auto bids program the auction timers go wacky, they slow down,fail, or just do not work at all. the compnays will give the the run around saying it's your server, or someone is hacking into and corrupting the files, a multitude of excuses except they all seem to have the same problems,complains and failures. i suspect that if the clones worked as well as the original swoopo or telebid they would be in direct competition with themselves so why put out something that would hurt their market share. think about it. if you want a reasonably priced script with good support try tenderosity.com

MrRick
  • MrRick
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

I need to say sorry if anyone bought the protopenny auction script, after 8 months and 3 grand in fixes, it's now useable, but nash Brooklyn,Nash dev central, tenderosity.com nash central selling the protopenny script,YSP protrant, ect are crooks. the script does not hold up, its full of bugs and Support is Nasty and full of profanity when you ask for support help. Buyer beware

robertflorish
  • robertflorish
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

edited, no self promotion

Edited by AndreR, 03 May 2012 - 08:15 PM.

vrageczg
  • vrageczg
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

2 years nobody have nothing to say new about .. huh :-(

I am in communication with digitalmarketingsolutions .
pennyauctionsoftware are their brands pennyauctionscripts .
script and whole web site isnt cheap .. it cost around $6-7000 to have nearly all options
but still there is lot to be done to suits to my ideas so cud be even more expensive
I am just worried, are they reliable.. anyone have some experiences with them ..please tell me
or tell if there is some proved company who made good software and able to make web site ...and to put all in function .
its easy to spend money but its much harder to know it is well spend :-(

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: auction, php, scripts, software

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users