Background Image

Zoozle using shill bidding bots in scam?

Started by ACE11 , Dec 30 2009 01:52 PM
bots scam shill bidding zoozle

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

ACE11
  • ACE11
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

200 Zoozle Bid Credits was auctioned off for $101.61 on 6:22 am 12/30/2009. http://www.zoozle.co...tions/view/3151
That's equivalent to $5,053 for bid credit worth $100. Two persistent bidders (bots?) were sarge and redcobra1999. Is Zoozle using 'bots' to shill bid? Well, lets put it this way. I'm staying way far from this site.

PennyAuctionWatch
  • PennyAuctionWatch
  • PAW Founder
  • Administrators
  • 6,091 posts

200 Zoozle Bid Credits was auctioned off for $101.61 on 6:22 am 12/30/2009. http://www.zoozle.co...tions/view/3151
That's equivalent to $5,053 for bid credit worth $100. Two persistent bidders (bots?) were sarge and redcobra1999. Is Zoozle using 'bots' to shill bid? Well, lets put it this way. I'm staying way far from this site.

Hello,
We think those bidders are real actually, they are what we call "powerbidders," they bid until they win to establish a reputation for themselves, to say they are "untouchable." One of those bidders bids the same way on a number of other penny auction sites as well.

Thank you, your comments are much appreciated.

I believe that the more penny auction bidders that come together and post their honest experiences, exposing the shady-scam penny auction sites, the less and less shady-scam sites will stop being the majority in the penny auction industry. Stand with me.

Penny Auction News, Reviews, Directory & Discussion!
Follow us on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!

To the Scam Artists: Enough is Enough

realbidtowin
  • realbidtowin
  • Members
  • 2,272 posts

Both are real bidders

rwb63
  • rwb63
  • Members
  • 743 posts

Yes both are real bidders and have bid there for some time now

I would have to say zoozle don't run shills or bots just look at the past auctions.

Edited by rwb63, 30 December 2009 - 05:19 PM.

ACE11
  • ACE11
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Unbelievable. Not just one but two powerbidders, so enthralled by prospect of 'untoutchable' reputation, they would bid over $10,000 for 200 bid credits obsorbing approx $5,000 real loss? If you're that gullible to believe that, I've some houses I'd like to sell you in Paradise Island in Dubai. Infact, if you had bid against sarge and/or redcobra1999 (long time resident bots?) in the past, you may have gotten royally sc&*&*d by b*&ts. LOL

Edited by ACE11, 30 December 2009 - 09:11 PM.

Shenanigans
  • Shenanigans
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • 1,086 posts

Unbelievable. Not just one but two powerbidders, so enthralled by prospect of 'untoutchable' reputation, they would bid over $10,000 for 200 bid credits obsorbing approx $5,000 real loss? If you're that gullible to believe that, I've some houses I'd like to sell you in Paradise Island in Dubai. Infact, if you had bid against sarge and/or redcobra1999 (long time resident bots?) in the past, you may have gotten royally sc&*&*d by b*&ts. LOL

"Large amounts of money" is a very, VERY relative term. Heck, "large" is relative all by it self. :smilielol5::Angel_anim:

The reason they do it is simple... Exactly how many bids are you willing to throw away against one of them in the near future? :lurk5:
DO WHAT'S RIGHT, NOT WHAT'S EASY

realbidtowin
  • realbidtowin
  • Members
  • 2,272 posts

Like many powerbidders both of these guys have made $1,000's in profits, so the loss is is not relevent to most, and most of all others will think twice about bidding against them in the future. here is a secret though neither one of them will do that again I guarranty it.

ACE11
  • ACE11
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Interesting post:
Originally Posted by rockybiduser

I am least bother about normal small user using the big player name .I think the bigger issue will be using real more prominent user (e.g. btw,protoprotos,rwb63,monikab) etc as shill bidder in those fake penny auction site.I remember seeing at PAW forum that there is an admin screen where you can define your shill bidder.

• Did Zoozle define sarge and redcobra1999 as shill bidder without sage and redcobra1999 knowing about it? It's possible Zoozle set max shill bid script at 101.61 instead of 11.61 and now there's a paper trail. btw, I emailed Zoozle support regards to this issue, and of course no response.

rockybiduser
  • rockybiduser
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 359 posts

As btw and others point out sarge and redcobra1999 are valid experienced power bidder and have been in this site since beginning and have done these type of bidding lot of times (with other bidder as well).I hope that should clear all the doubts you have.In fact I came to PAW first timer after seeing btw bidding something similar in rockybid and made my first post here asking whether rockybid is using shill bidder and got it cleared from PAW community. These type of bidding happens in the first and will happen in future as well.That is the nature of the game.

Webdude_737
  • Webdude_737
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

yeah, that was a crazy auction. But redcobra and sarge have been around for a while, i've gone up against them, and they are real.

That is just their bid pattern. They are definitely power bidders.

I am confident that Zoozle does not use bots.

bigman701
  • bigman701
  • Members
  • 504 posts

I can understand your concern. But why would a site put 2 bots if using them up against each other. The bot programs is not to scare people away but to raise the price until an acceptable amount. The auction you had in question i watched also, and know these 2 bidders very well. To say they used a bot program on this auction when the price went so high would have back fired with the desired results. I have won many auctions on Zoozle and although shipping is a little slow on some items i can tell you they are legit. Like in previous posts look at recent auctions and see why would they not try to inflate the price especially when the powerbidders under the new win limit system was out of action They didn't and lost a lot on many auctions.

redcobra1999
  • redcobra1999
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 312 posts

I guessed I can answer you that question myself :) I 'm legit & that is the real money I 'm using :piggy:

OK...the reason I go againts that moron is because he is my # 1 enemy at Zoozle why?? is simply because he has 5 different accounts (2 got suspended) and always use them JUMP on me in the auction (several times) to force me use more bids :mad:

That's the end of the story..

p/s I hates jumpers....do you? :7:

redcobra1999
  • redcobra1999
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 312 posts

Like many powerbidders both of these guys have made $1,000's in profits, so the loss is is not relevent to most, and most of all others will think twice about bidding against them in the future. here is a secret though neither one of them will do that again I guarranty it.

Well, we have been fighting each other for many times now & like I said this guy have 5 different accounts. I will definitely go off with him again if he jump on me in the auction. I don't call those jumpers as a PB, wait until the last minutes & try to hurt you more now that's what I call a dirty strategy! :rolleyes:

realbidtowin
  • realbidtowin
  • Members
  • 2,272 posts

I guessed I can answer you that question myself :) I 'm legit & that is the real money I 'm using :piggy:

OK...the reason I go againts that moron is because he is my # 1 enemy at Zoozle why?? is simply because he has 5 different accounts (2 got suspended) and always use them JUMP on me in the auction (several times) to force me use more bids :mad:

That's the end of the story..

p/s I hates jumpers....do you? :7:

Redcobra1999

This is a tricky question, as you know there is somewhat of unwritten code amongst a certain stature of bidders (I did not make it up and for the most part abide by it) that we give space and right of way once a PB has hit a retail plus level and I respect that. My wife Lightsout yesterday ended up going 2200 bids ($1500) on the PS3 at Rodeo talk about your jumpers. Over all there is a pretty good balance with just a few that really take advantage. Over all the tag sytem works well and I respect thier space as they do mine once an auction is tagged because noone wins (except the house) when we compete. (if that is considered a collusion statement I am sorry I was just making an observation). However jumping on an auction that no single bidder has taken control of is part of the game. Besides if a known powerbidder is in control what good does it do to try and steal it, even if you could you would also likely loose.

Out of curiosity what were his other user names?

redcobra1999
  • redcobra1999
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 312 posts

Redcobra1999

This is a tricky question, as you know there is somewhat of unwritten code amongst a certain stature of bidders (I did not make it up and for the most part abide by it) that we give space and right of way once a PB has hit a retail plus level and I respect that. My wife Lightsout yesterday ended up going 2200 bids ($1500) on the PS3 at Rodeo talk about your jumpers. Over all there is a pretty good balance with just a few that really take advantage. Over all the tag sytem works well and I respect thier space as they do mine once an auction is tagged because noone wins (except the house) when we compete. (if that is considered a collusion statement I am sorry I was just making an observation). However jumping on an auction that no single bidder has taken control of is part of the game. Besides if a known powerbidder is in control what good does it do to try and steal it, even if you could you would also likely loose.

Out of curiosity what were his other user names?

Hey bid2win,
I know we have some collision before @ Zoozle & Rockybid. Before, me & some others PB using bids to communicate :) like when I marked my items, they will usually stay away from that items & I will do the same to the others PB, this is how we respect each other. The 1oz gold bar that you won @ rockybid like 1 week ago...I can jump in there to hurt you if I wanted to but since we both kinda cool off a bit that's why I decided not to. I guess we are all in good shape now :Angel_anim:

As for your curiosity, his other accounts are maybemaybe + sarge + ricky + auditd + kk0810 sound familiar? I guess you know them all. How he got so many accounts? I don't know but I 100% sure they all using by a same guy or a tag team. 2 of them got caught & got suspended & I won't say which one.

By the way, did you stop bidding at Zoozle? If so, why?

I will talk to you guys/gals later....

p/s try2win also 1 of mine :biggriny:

rwb63
  • rwb63
  • Members
  • 743 posts

Welcome to the forum redcobra nice to see some more of the known names post. The more info the better.

realbidtowin
  • realbidtowin
  • Members
  • 2,272 posts

Hey bid2win,
I know we have some collision before @ Zoozle & Rockybid. Before, me & some others PB using bids to communicate :) like when I marked my items, they will usually stay away from that items & I will do the same to the others PB, this is how we respect each other. The 1oz gold bar that you won @ rockybid like 1 week ago...I can jump in there to hurt you if I wanted to but since we both kinda cool off a bit that's why I decided not to. I guess we are all in good shape now :Angel_anim:

As for your curiosity, his other accounts are maybemaybe + sarge + ricky + auditd + kk0810 sound familiar? I guess you know them all. How he got so many accounts? I don't know but I 100% sure they all using by a same guy or a tag team. 2 of them got caught & got suspended & I won't say which one.

By the way, did you stop bidding at Zoozle? If so, why?

I will talk to you guys/gals later....

This is why I stayed out of the Gold auction I actually had no intention of bidding on it then everyone dissapeared and only G*n* was left who has jumped me more than I can count, (he still lost every time) the timer went to Going a couple times and noone was around so I jumped him (payback time), I was waiting for Vibbu but he never reapeared.

I left zoozle due to software issues that impacted a couple of my auctions I record all auctions and had a couple intances where the bidbuddy did not fire when it was activated, craig would not refund the bids and I had it clearly on video, of course they were high profit auctions for zoozle they did not want to cancel them and loose their profit. I saw the writing on the wall with zoozle back in November and threatened legal action and they cashed me out and I left. I knew with the shipping issues getting longer and longer that it was a cashflow issue and it was only a matter of time.

Does Zoozle still owe you stuff?

coolguy451
  • coolguy451
  • Members
  • 1,144 posts

Hey bid2win,

So does that mean you have 2 accounts on rockybid or is that try2win someone else?

redcobra1999
  • redcobra1999
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 312 posts

This is why I stayed out of the Gold auction I actually had no intention of bidding on it then everyone dissapeared and only G*n* was left who has jumped me more than I can count, (he still lost every time) the timer went to Going a couple times and noone was around so I jumped him (payback time), I was waiting for Vibbu but he never reapeared.

I left zoozle due to software issues that impacted a couple of my auctions I record all auctions and had a couple intances where the bidbuddy did not fire when it was activated, craig would not refund the bids and I had it clearly on video, of course they were high profit auctions for zoozle they did not want to cancel them and loose their profit. I saw the writing on the wall with zoozle back in November and threatened legal action and they cashed me out and I left. I knew with the shipping issues getting longer and longer that it was a cashflow issue and it was only a matter of time.

Does Zoozle still owe you stuff?

Yes, infact they still owed me around $7,000 worth of merchandises. All I got last week were all the GC's & 5 other stuffs. They would not tell me when they are back in business though.

Hey...what do you think that bringiton1 & couples of other bidders that bid like a crazy crack headed @ rockybid? I think they got paid under the table just to bid with me & others PB. He got no intent to win most of the items but just to get all the PB to use more bids so @ the end who got most the benefit???... I have personally kicked his ass couple of times (but he kept coming back for more) to win the 100 free bids & $100 + 100 free bids for ridiculous amount of money that I used. I think he & 2 others work for rockybid but this is just my opinion since I got no prove. Just look at the way he bid this month & last month, he is one freaking crazy dude, If I was him....I will bid till someone drop flat but he's not.

@ zoozle he never bid againts me or couple of others PB....why is he acting that way @ Rockybid? That is my big concerned here.

redcobra1999
  • redcobra1999
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 312 posts

So does that mean you have 2 accounts on rockybid or is that try2win someone else?

That 1 belong to my GF. You cannot have 2 accounts in the same name anyway but you are allowed to have 2 accounts in the same household. :P

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bots, scam, shill bidding, zoozle

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users