bidheat why bidheat.com penny auction reviews

• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

cherilen
  • cherilen
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 247 posts

Due to server issues (out of our control) I am sorry to inform the the Mr. Coffee BVMC-FM1 20-Ounce Frappe Maker auction has been invalidated and all bids has been refunded.

I have just talked to my hosting provider and he confirmed they had a small problem.

I am truely sorry...

Logan

Thanks Logan, I will be back.

Logan
  • Logan
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Thank you for you trust in bidheat, despite yesterdays happening with the coffee maker.

Logan.

bigman701
  • bigman701
  • Members
  • 504 posts

are there any win limits on this site, can't seem to find any info about this. thanks.

Logan
  • Logan
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

are there any win limits on this site, can't seem to find any info about this. thanks.

There is no win limits now, I will send out a newsletter and post here when limits are in place.

Logan

Logan
  • Logan
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Interesting thing I just saw on the 10 Bid Package auction.
User "Amy" placed her(?) bid to late (at 1 second left)

Bids must be made no later than 4 seconds before the timer reaches 00:00:00.

At first it looked like Amy's bid got registred, but a closer look revealed that it was never deducted from her account.

BIDS SHOULD BE PLACED NO LATER THAN 4 SECONDS BEFORE THE AUCTION ENDS :wink:

Logan

Logan
  • Logan
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

All auctions has been postponed, bids on the $35 will be refunded.
No sleep for me tonight :(

My developer has just been called and is about to get out of bed and get to work.

I might go dig a hole...

Logan

bella
  • bella
  • Members
  • 1,376 posts

Thanks Logan,

I thought I was seeing things! :-38-:

Just FYI.........I set a bid buddy on the Pay Pal, and as soon as I set it, it said "closed" under the bidders name, and the bid button was gone, so I could not single bid. :frown:

Logan
  • Logan
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

I saw it, I saw it... :7:

I even got a mail saying "you sold an auction" while it was still running.

I even think I called my developer before the auction ended.
Bids has been refunded.

Logan

Laurie
  • Laurie
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

It seems BIDHEAT can decide that after you have won an auction, and paid through Paypal, to Cancel it, without saying why.

Come on Bidheat, What’s going on?.
I won a auction, Paid the win amount, Then you decide that you do not want to honour your commitment to my win and so cancel it out.
Pleas see below.
---------
Hi Laurence,
Congratulations! You have successfully won an auction listed at BidHeat titled: $35 to your PayPal account
To view the details and pay for this auction please visit the following link:
Removed Link
Thank You
BidHeat
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Paypal informing me about the auction payment tranaction.

Hello Laurence Surname Removed,
You sent a payment of $1.76 USD to Jesper Ulsing
It may take a few moments for this transaction to appear in your account

Merchant Jesper Ulsing
Instructions to merchant, Shipping address - unconfirmed
Laurence ------
Address removed
Postage details
The seller hasn’t provided any postage details yet.
Description Unit price Qty Amount
$35 to your PayPal account
Item Number 692 $1.76 USD 1 $1.76 USD
Subtotal $1.76 USD
Total $1.76 USD
Payment $1.76 USD
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Then I received a Email
Laurence, I am VERY sorry, but the auction you won has just been invalidated. I will refund you ASAP! Logan
I have replied asking for the reasons why, Waiting for the answer.!!!

Edited by Laurie, 31 January 2010 - 10:27 PM.

coolguy451
  • coolguy451
  • Members
  • 1,144 posts

I think this should be posted in the bidheat thread. Also, in that thread there are mentions of the problems with today's auctions, which is why all auctions have been postponed so the problems can be fixed.

Logan
  • Logan
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

I thought it was quite obvious the auction had a problem.

However I will credit you with the $35! and deduct the bids I refunded right after the auction.

Logan

Laurie
  • Laurie
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

The won auction of the 31st Jan, was the 3rd auction win from Bidheat that I have had, and when playing that 3rd auction there was no indication that Bidheat was having trouble with their site, after paying for the auction win, I left the site, if the site started having trouble after that then that did not effect my win as far as I am concerned, hence the threat to this site.
My first win, on Bidheat was the first auction, i believe, when you first opened, again up to and after that win there was no indication that the site was going to have trouble with its operations, but there was, with that auction, i had not paid for the win, then Bidheat contacted me about the trouble with the sites operations, and gave me the options of either taking the win or having my bids refunded, at that time i decided to have by bids refunded, and this Bidheat did, and i was quite satisfied about that, When the site was up and running again i won another auction, the following day i paid for that auction, and Bidheat delivered the win very promptly, which is a great sign that a site is genuine, which i thoroughly believe Bidheat to be.
So let me say this about the Bidheat site, I believe Bidheat to be a genuine site, that will care for its clientele in the future, there as been some small operational problems with the site, but I’m sure the site will soon overcome these small problems, and grow steadily over the coming months, and i for one truly hope that is so.

Logan
  • Logan
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

I would be happy if you could accept the $35 payment!

Logan

mlschlu
  • mlschlu
  • Members
  • 619 posts

It seems BIDHEAT can decide that after you have won an auction, and paid through Paypal, to Cancel it, without saying why.

Come on Bidheat, What’s going on?.
I won a auction, Paid the win amount, Then you decide that you do not want to honour your commitment to my win and so cancel it out.
Pleas see below.
---------
Hi Laurence,
Congratulations! You have successfully won an auction listed at BidHeat titled: $35 to your PayPal account
To view the details and pay for this auction please visit the following link:
Removed Link
Thank You
BidHeat
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Paypal informing me about the auction payment tranaction.

Hello Laurence Surname Removed,
You sent a payment of $1.76 USD to Jesper Ulsing
It may take a few moments for this transaction to appear in your account

Merchant Jesper Ulsing
Instructions to merchant, Shipping address - unconfirmed
Laurence ------
Address removed
Postage details
The seller hasn’t provided any postage details yet.
Description Unit price Qty Amount
$35 to your PayPal account
Item Number 692 $1.76 USD 1 $1.76 USD
Subtotal $1.76 USD
Total $1.76 USD
Payment $1.76 USD
Then I received a Email
Laurence, I am VERY sorry, but the auction you won has just been invalidated. I will refund you ASAP! Logan
I have replied asking for the reasons why, Waiting for the answer.!!!

First off, auctions are voided all the time. There is no reason to get angry over this!
Bella had stated in her post she had problems and I had emailed Logan with mine. Which by the sounds of Bellas concerns, she had the same problem as mine. So you are not the only one involved with this. Logan is doing the right thing by voiding the auction. But it sounds like you want to create a problem over this. He has offered to post the $35.00 paypal on your account. To me you are not being understanding of the problems that an auction site can have.

blok
  • blok
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Unfortunately these are all common problems of pennyauctionscript.com, hopefully you can work them out.

Laurie
  • Laurie
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

I had hoped that, that would be the last of this matter?.
When you go into a shop, and bye something, and then you pay for it, and they give you a receipt, that receipt is a notice of a deal you have made with the person, the shop, or in this case a penny bid site, and you do not expect to be told afterwards that the representative of that Shop, have had complaints about the way the sale was made, so sorry the deal is off, Penny bid Sites are Businesses, they are not Clubs or social groups, and people have their rights, And Bidheat as done the right thing by honouring that deal, You may have placed bids on that auction, But you did not win, I’m sorry for that, if you had, knowing that there was NO problem with the site auction, you too would expect to be the rightful winner, and receive your won item, If there was something wrong with the auction in question then the auction would have been stopped I’m sure, Bidheat as had trouble in the past with auctions, that as not stopped people winning a auction, the first time this problem was found the auctions were stopped and a remedy found, and the auctions resumed, yet the problem or problems reoccurred, (assuming it was the same problem) in that case do you think that all those people that had won auctions before the re-occurrence of the problems should have their auction wins denied them, would that be fair!.
Auctions (Penny bid sites) are a very lucrative when they are properly up and running after the initial costs of set up, and those set up cost are substantial to begin with, when things go wrong, then the site should make sure that the membership, (their clientele) are treated in the best possible way, that gives confidence to others that want to, or are thinking about joining the site, even if that may mean extra cost to the success of the site, The rewards when success as been achieved can be enormous.
What Bidheat has done is to its credit, and i am happy with the outcome as a member of their site, and look forward to future auctions, and the success of the site.

Laurie
  • Laurie
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

What i am about to say is not a criticism of the site (Bidheat) but is a concern to me that needs answering, as i am wondering how it is going to work!, or how it dose work!, Bidheat as made this statement in a past thread, BIDS SHOULD BE PLACED NO LATER THAN 4 SECONDS BEFORE THE AUCTION ENDS , Dose that mean that bids that are entered after the 4 second rule will not be counted, as i have noticed that most bidders wait to the last second to make a bid, that being so, then those bidders that keep to this rule will be at a disadvantage, and outbid by those that do not adhere to the 4 second rule.

Logan
  • Logan
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

The 4 seconds is to make sure the bid gets accepted by the server.
I also see people placing bids in the last second - it will be at their own risk.

Logan

Laurie
  • Laurie
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

When it comes to the 4 Second rule, will be, or can be disqualified for bidding against that rule!,
its fine with me now that i know about that rule, and the reason i know about that rule is that i read it on this site, maybe it should be entered on the bidding page as i expect most members do not know about it, as they do not belong to or know about this site, it dose mean that those that keep to it will find that they are not winning auctions if those that do not keep to it, Win auctions, as i do not see any way of policing it apart from watching the auctions, or checking after each auction if anyone broke that rule, if that can be done!, whatever the playing field, it as to be the same for everyone, i for one do not mind if the lowest point to bid is 4 seconds or above, or one second, as long as i know that it is the same for every one.
Yes i know i do go on, but i just want to know where i am with everything!!!, i know Penny bid sites are great fun to use, but i am not throwing money away, i have to work hard for my money.

(Its a pity that Penny sites that know about the PAW site do not advertise it on their site!)

suzyq
  • suzyq
  • Members
  • 3,109 posts

The 4 seconds is to make sure the bid gets accepted by the server.
I also see people placing bids in the last second - it will be at their own risk.

Logan

Logan is just trying to be helpful....I think too much is being made of this "4 second" rule. I was able to bid at bidheat at 2 seconds without any problem. It would register immediately. Will I be able to do that next time? Hmmm, will depend if it's raining or snowing here.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bidheat why, bidheat.com, penny auction, reviews

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users