Started by kad7777 , Jan 17 2010 04:53 AM

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

kad7777
  • kad7777
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

I filed a Fraud report regarding Quibids. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out they're shilling their auctions. Please stay away, and if you've had similar experiences I urge you to file a report as well. No matter what the site. Just a heads up. I figure 99.9 % of these sites are all shilling, but who knows. These people must be stopped. It's a quick way for these thieves to make a lot of money quickly. A lot of YOUR money is going in THEIR pockets. They need to be investigated and put behind bars. :o

hardchampion
  • hardchampion
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

I have won quite a few things from quibids and can assure they are legit....I even won a ps3 for $14.88 with one single bid. I won a blue ray dvd player for $3.97 and some other things...and they shipped very fast.

MarciaA79
  • MarciaA79
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

I agree with hardchampion. I've won 15 really nice items - some at very big discounts - since the beginning of December. I also frequent their Buy It Now option to get my money back - if I've spent a lot.

I have NEVER gotten the impression QuiBids is anything but legit - and I have it running on my second monitor every day, all day long. (Obsessed? You bet!)

I've contacted their customer service twice over a couple of issues (one being my fault & one being theirs) and they have been amazing. They just want everyone to have a good time, and if you don't, I'm sure they wouldn't mind if you went elsewhere. Simple as that.

If you have an issue with them, just contact their customer service and you'll see what I'm talking about. It doesn't seem fair to bad-mouth an auction site without any proof of wrong-doing. They have high traffic and a lot of bold bidders, but that's all a part of the experience.

And I appreciate their high standard of allowing only 8 wins per 28 days. It's nice when those "bold bidders" have to take a break. AND it keeps me from breaking the bank!

I've watched QuiBids lose a lot of money on some really nice, expensive merchandise - a lot of money - so I'm not sure how anyone can accuse them of shilling. Because if they are, they certainly aren't any good at it!

:chillpill:

BidOMOP
  • BidOMOP
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

I won a PS3 $60 game for 30 cents the other day and have not had the feeling that there were shill bids going on.

texasman
  • texasman
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

I'm new to PAW. I just stumbled across this site when I was trying to do some fact finding on Quibids.

I was in an auction this morning for a "25 bid voucher". I had entered one bid and then started noticing one bidder really bidding alot. I stopped bidding and just sat and counted his bids and one other users bids. Keep in mind, this was for a "25 bid voucher". From the time I started counting these users bid the following number of times:

CLKMAN - 66 bids
Shawn299 - More than 30

Neither one of the two above won the auction. Here is the actual auction:

http://www.quibids.c...on.php?id=30408

Have any of you seen this occurring frequently on Quibids??? BTW, I'm texasman007 on Quibids.

Mizshutterbug
  • Mizshutterbug
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 278 posts

I like Quibids.com and I have won about 5 items and bought some things outright after placing lots of bids so wouldn't lose all my money. Nothing really big and I am still down about $135 but I already got my Amazon $50 gift card code yesterday (redeemed at Amazon.com already so know it's good) and my other items have all been shipped according to Quibids. Some things really do go very cheaply. I was up at 2am bidding on a Kindle and it was just me and one other bidder. It got up to $2.29 (well somewhere around there) and then I ran out of bids and it was counting down down down and so I lost out. He got a great buy - next day he got the blu-ray player I wanted. I like their site a lot but again you have to be careful because it is so easy to hit that BUY MORE BIDS without having to put any credit card info in again. I was on the site earlier tonight after buying a $27 pack and blew through the 45 bids before I knew it and won nothing. I was bidding on something I probably would have won but ran out of bids. I stopped myself from buying more vouchers but it was difficult. This can be addicting but it is fun. At least I won a few things there and I like the fact they limit you to only 8 items a month. Seems like a real honest site to me.

Basdoko
  • Basdoko
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

I understand that it is my choice to bid on a product or not. I understand by bidding I am tacitly agreeing to the, sometimes ridulously high, Value price set by the auction site. Ok, I get that, and I deliberately choose not to bid on some items because of it.
What burns my ***, is the FRaudulent shipping charges. Quibids overcharges for the item, that's ok. But to lie and charge for nonexistent shipping charges that is so wrong!!!
One might expect it of a brand new site trying to survive, but not a behemoth like Quibids. How greedy can they be? If they're charged for shipping, that's one thing to recover their cost. To make it another HUGE profit center at the bidders expense is quite another thing altogether, IMHO.
Case in point, Apple Ipod 32GB 299.99 Quibids Value Price vs. Amazon's 269.99. I accept that. What I have a hard time swallowing is the Quibids $7 shipping fee when Amazon charged them nothing, zero, nada! To me, that STINKS! Come on Quibids don't be so damn greedy, leave some bread crumbs for the rest of us. Don't charge people for nonexistent fees, that sucks, IMHO.

rockybiduser
  • rockybiduser
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Goto Rockybid and you will be fainted.Their shipping fee is more and they do not offer buy now as well. In this regard Quibid is "the best". I know you may feel otherwise.Thats ok too.

opa
  • opa
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts

is this site legit. i have won stuff but it seems like its taking a long time to get the stuff shipped out

mlschlu
  • mlschlu
  • Members
  • 619 posts

I've got my limit for the month within a couple of days. Everything has been shipped. So I can play again at the end of the month.

My only complaint would be, if you win a bid pack to have to pay $2.00, to me this is crazy. If they want to charge something, how about $.50 for the paypal transaction fee.

catspur
  • catspur
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

I understand that it is my choice to bid on a product or not. I understand by bidding I am tacitly agreeing to the, sometimes ridulously high, Value price set by the auction site. Ok, I get that, and I deliberately choose not to bid on some items because of it.
What burns my ***, is the FRaudulent shipping charges. Quibids overcharges for the item, that's ok. But to lie and charge for nonexistent shipping charges that is so wrong!!!
One might expect it of a brand new site trying to survive, but not a behemoth like Quibids. How greedy can they be? If they're charged for shipping, that's one thing to recover their cost. To make it another HUGE profit center at the bidders expense is quite another thing altogether, IMHO.
Case in point, Apple Ipod 32GB 299.99 Quibids Value Price vs. Amazon's 269.99. I accept that. What I have a hard time swallowing is the Quibids $7 shipping fee when Amazon charged them nothing, zero, nada! To me, that STINKS! Come on Quibids don't be so damn greedy, leave some bread crumbs for the rest of us. Don't charge people for nonexistent fees, that sucks, IMHO.

Good grief man, you're complaining about a $7 shipping fee?? All of these sites charge shipping, and $7 seems very reasonable to me for an Ipod.

KSteven7
  • KSteven7
  • Members
  • 541 posts

I have received everything I have won and in a reasonable period of time. I haven't experienced anything that appears to be shill bidding or anything like that. Maybe you just need to try again.

Basdoko
  • Basdoko
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Good grief man, you're complaining about a $7 shipping fee?? All of these sites charge shipping, and $7 seems very reasonable to me for an Ipod.

Whether $7.00 shipping for an Ipod is reasonable is not the issue. Charging for shipping charges that DO NOT EXIST is the issue.
Whether some sites really rip you off with exorbitant shipping charges so I should be happy with the $7.00 is not the issue.
Charging someone for a non-exixistent service, a service you receive for FREE, is the issue.
If a site decides to pad its bottom line by passing on an imaginary charge for shipping that's wrong, IMHO.
If they provide FREE shipping, because in reality it is FREE, but instead add a 2.5% Be Grateful We Allowed You To Bid Here Fee and I am insane enough to agree to it, at least it is out in the open for what it is - GREED.
That would be like taking a woman on a traditional date. At the end of the evening, in addition to paying for dinner, a movie, the gas you used and any parking fees, she now demands a fee essentially charging you for the privilage of taking her on a date and being in the presence of her company. That is what Quibids is doing - asking you to pay for something it receives for FREE.
Quibids has honest auctions.
Quibids has reasonable bid prices.
Quibids has great customer service.
Quibids has fast, efficient shipping.
Quibids has Buy-it-Now.
For all the above reasons, I bid there.
HOWEVER, Quibids is extremely GREEDY charging for a service it receives FREE. That is the issue here.

Edited by Basdoko, 21 March 2010 - 11:40 AM.
clarification

catspur
  • catspur
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Whether $7.00 shipping for an Ipod is reasonable is not the issue. Charging for shipping charges that DO NOT EXIST is the issue.

HOWEVER, Quibids is extremely GREEDY charging for a service it receives FREE. That is the issue here.

By that logic, every site out there is greedy. DUH! They're in it to make money, and so are all of us. Maybe you'd feel better if you just consider it a fee for the time it takes to process an order. There are a lot worse things happening out there.

Stuff4me2Win
  • Stuff4me2Win
  • Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Whether some sites really rip you off with exorbitant shipping charges so I should be happy with the $7.00 is not the issue.
Charging someone for a non-exixistent service, a service you receive for FREE, is the issue.
If a site decides to pad its bottom line by passing on an imaginary charge for shipping that's wrong, IMHO.
If they provide FREE shipping, because in reality it is FREE, but instead add a 2.5% Be Grateful We Allowed You To Bid Here Fee and I am insane enough to agree to it, at least it is out in the open for what it is - GREED.
That would be like taking a woman on a traditional date. At the end of the evening, in addition to paying for dinner, a movie, the gas you used and any parking fees, she now demands a fee essentially charging you for the privilage of taking her on a date and being in the presence of her company. That is what Quibids is doing - asking you to pay for something it receives for FREE.
Quibids has honest auctions.
Quibids has reasonable bid prices.
Quibids has great customer service.
Quibids has fast, efficient shipping.
Quibids has Buy-it-Now.
For all the above reasons, I bid there.

The one thing that keeps me away is charging shipping on won bids.... Nobody else charges shipping for non-tangible items. That alone keeps me from bidding there. I used my free bids from the PAW give-away, but won't be back because they charged me 2.00 to participate in an auction and win bids. F-that...

bloo123456
  • bloo123456
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Alright,

For everyone that is suspicious about this site,
Heres something. I made 300 dolllars the past month in profits last month. and that was in 3 days, i hit my limit so i couldnt bid for another month. even though, they may seem they they are shill bidding their auctions. THEY ARE NOT.

their auctions are different than that of other penny auction sites.
They offer a buy it now option which is pretty good when u compare the prices at amazon and their site.
Its only about a couple dollars more.

Thats the reason a normal bidder doesnt feel scared to even go against someone that just recently won 2 macbooks. You know why? because he/she knows that if he doesnt end up winning, he can still use the buy it now option and buy it for a reasonable price without going broke and having to listen "I told u so!!" from his wife :D

Thats a simple logic behind their site, there is nothing like powerbidders on that site, even a new user can join and end up winning a macbook if he knows how to create a strategy and jump in when about 3-4 people are bidding.
(there might be some influence from some bidders by bidthrottling.. but its not as much as u see on other sites by bidders lik b2w and others. You feel safe on quibids.)

CK147
  • CK147
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

This is my first post but I have used quibids for about 2 weeks and have gotten lucky and won a 25 bid pack and have won 3 other auctions, 2 other ones I lost and I had to use the buy it now, but I am still ahead on what I've spent, I am gonna try not to buy any more bids for awhile because it's addicting and I can see how you can quickly waste money because you are paying over retail if you have to use the buy it now. It is fun when you win though. :)

togafoot
  • togafoot
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

I agree. that's why I don't tip in restaurants when I'm in the USA. I receive the waiting service for free in Japan, Hong Kong, China and most of Asia. Why should I pay a 'tip' for something that is free? (/sarcasm)

samlert
  • samlert
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 298 posts

If you have a proof that this site is a shilling, please provide us that.
That is PAW site for.

If you don't and you just make a complain that "I lost money and did not win anything when I bid for mac pro, big screen tv" and other big items, then sorry no one can help you with that. Some bidders here lost money to gain more money. They gained experience from that.

About shipping cost, I think it is on your own to check the shipping cost before you decide to bid. If it is too much, then move on to another auction or even other sites. There are tons of PA sites. See if it fits to your style/budget.

I won 23 auctions so far and never have a single doubt on this site about shilling. I remember I lost big time on my first bid on a kindle which the final price jumped to $98.80 but I use bid-to-buy options and then I won the other to cover my lost on this one. Good luck

pattiedesoto
  • pattiedesoto
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

I have won at Quibids many times, as a matter of fact I cant even bid again until next month!:mad: I LOVE bidding at the site I know I have as good a chance of winning as anyone else. I promise they are a honest site.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users