• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

Basdoko
  • Basdoko
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

-:- Message from PennyAuctionWatch staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the PennyAuctionWatch community and has been removed.

To review the PennyAuctionWatch Forum Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.pennyauct....php?do=cfrules

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the PennyAuctionWatch community!

Edited by PennyAuctionWatch, 28 March 2010 - 03:57 PM.
insulting, absolutely inappropriate.

dzignr_tastz
  • dzignr_tastz
  • Members
  • 696 posts

Not that I'm discussing QuiBids (which I've tried) or any other site in particular, but I just want to make a couple observations here.

EVERY time a thread like this is started, I always read "they're not shill bidding because" whatever reason, such as...

1) I personally won items
2) I personally win items for cheap on occasion
3) I have personally received items

The bottom line is these facts alone are not enough to discount the fact that a site could, if they desired, shill bid their customers. Take into account...

1) When people actually won an item, when did they jump in?
2) What was the final auction ending price?
3) How many other people bid?
4) How much did the other people pay out before losing?
5) How many items (overall) have gone for dirt cheap versus how many items have gone for several times over retail?

Furthermore, there is absolutely NO way to do anything more than speculate (based strictly off patterns and site specifics) regarding whether or not a site is 100% legitimate... unless you can get into the back-end in an audit type situation (or otherwise), that is. It's simply impossible... and if you believe (or try to convince others) otherwise, you're relatively naive.

That being said, I will, in closing, refer you to the recent post of mine (in case anyone missed it):

http://www.pennyauct...61&postcount=12

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.
- Albert Einstein

Carmelita21
  • Carmelita21
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 410 posts

As i stated on another quibids forum page.. I have no problems on quibids.. As alot of you know, I always bid from the beginning of an auction so I do not jump in after others.. and I have always been able to get good deals on quibids.. I had been out on my limit there but was able to win 1 more on the 8th of May and went on and I spent 2 bids and won a netbook! and acutally recieved it on the 12th! they have always had fast shipping and good customer service..I would reccomend them to others for sure!!

swikaan
  • swikaan
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

The only problem I have with Quibids is their exhorbitant shipping charges.

I find it unreasonable that you auction a $20 item and charge $8.00 for delivery. Further more, they ship Amazon (mostly) which has free delivery on items.

Also I find that Quibids (and most other auction sites) have a tendency to markup the retail price they display by 10-15% :(

MrRick
  • MrRick
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

maybe what you are seeing are either new mebers in combinnation with members with free bids, bids that were won. they place bids without thought or care, because they are using free bids or promotional bids. memberss using paid bids are more cautious. i see this all day long on my site toppennyauction some new members do not knoww tto bid, others with the fre stuff justtdo not care , they will place 100 bids on and item that cost ten bucks just because it does not come out of their pockets so to speak.
if get tten or fifteen newbees as I call hem bidding on an item aving free or promotional bids, or bids that have been won andinth members with paid bids, yea you got a mess, prices go up and it may even start to look suspicious

MrRick
  • MrRick
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Not that I'm discussing QuiBids (which I've tried) or any other site in particular, but I just want to make a couple observations here.

EVERY time a thread like this is started, I always read "they're not shill bidding because" whatever reason, such as...

1) I personally won items
2) I personally win items for cheap on occasion
3) I have personally received items

The bottom line is these facts alone are not enough to discount the fact that a site could, if they desired, shill bid their customers. Take into account...

1) When people actually won an item, when did they jump in?
2) What was the final auction ending price?
3) How many other people bid?
4) How much did the other people pay out before losing?
5) How many items (overall) have gone for dirt cheap versus how many items have gone for several times over retail?

Furthermore, there is absolutely NO way to do anything more than speculate (based strictly off patterns and site specifics) regarding whether or not a site is 100% legitimate... unless you can get into the back-end in an audit type situation (or otherwise), that is. It's simply impossible... and if you believe (or try to convince others) otherwise, you're relatively naive.

That being said, I will, in closing, refer you to the recent post of mine (in case anyone missed it):

Penny Auction Watch Forum - View Single Post - So How Hard Is It To REALLY Do Right?

this is one smart guy could not have said it better myself. some people do not understand that saying these neg things without proof can ruin a perfectly good site.

FLCricket
  • FLCricket
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Shipping is NOT always free with Amazon. It has to be over a certain price to be free. However, if you personally are a frequent buyer you can qualify for free shipping with Amazon. Since QuiBids uses Amazon they cannot possibly know your account with Amazon. The shipment is always charged to the recipient. Just an FYI.;)

honestly123
  • honestly123
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

you want to learn about bidders here is the site:Penny Auction Sites Database • All Penny Auctions.com

muchomaas
  • muchomaas
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

oh honestly, why would make that site widely known...

(just kidding, and couldn't resist)

deenie61
  • deenie61
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

I always make sure to order $25+ at a time to get the free shipping from Amazon. Does anyone know for certain that businesses such as PA's get that perk? Businesses and individuals don't always get the same benefits. I don't like paying shipping anymore than the next guy but I like to know the facts before ranting.
I don't like paying "processing fees" on bidpacks either, but Quibids is hardly the only site charging them.
I hadn't been on Quibids for months, then went back last month. Since I couldn't buy a huge amount of bids I focused on smaller GC/bid combos and won 7 in a few days. I've never felt like there was any shill bidding, merely a lot of people. I check it several times a day, can't say there's ever real slow time. They run more auctions than any site I can think of, even more than Bid Cactus possibly. I don't think they need shills. Oh, I got all my GC's within 10 days, that I found impressive.

nit2winn
  • nit2winn
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts

I have never won anything on Quibids to know how they ship. If their stuff all comes from Amazon is it in the form of a gift shipment or is it fulfillment by Amazon?

I have had Ebay friends that had their Amazon accounts closed by them (Amazon) for buying to much (yes spending too much money).

It says all over the Amazon site that it is not intended for resale or businesses and you cant use a prime account to ship to customers. They also don't offer drop shipping so they must be using their fulfillment by Amazon which cost a fortune to ship.

Anyway how do they ship through Amazon for people that have gotten items from them?

Edited by nit2winn, 12 March 2011 - 05:42 AM.
spelling - no college!

cinnamin567
  • cinnamin567
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

I agree. To me, Quibids is the best site going. However, I totally agree that they should be featuring free shipping. Several of the other sites do but they don't have some of the nice features Quibids has. I have won many things there. Big ticket items: 55" ToshibaTV,iPad. Taylor Made Golf driver Plus several items that I utilized their BIN feature.It's fun, it's expensive & it's addicting.I never gambled in my life .Although this really isn't gambling, it sure feels like it when you keep going simply to win. Bottom line concerning ship charges: yes it seems very greedy in light of what they are making on this site. It's astronomical. I'm soet of new at this but I'm learning many things very fast.Thanks, Basdoko

cinnamin567
  • cinnamin567
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Their merchandise does not come from amazon. I know this for a fact.The shipping papers will tell you where it comes from. I won a TV & it was shipped from Beach Camera. A golf club came directly from Golf USA or USA Golf.Everything comes w/manufacturer warrantee. Their shipping is fast & packaged well. I've had a total of 3 TV's plus several other items. Nothing came from Amazon as far as I know.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users