winning for profit

• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

vibbu
  • vibbu
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Any other better places to sell items apart from amazon.com market place, craigslist..?

realbidtowin
  • realbidtowin
  • Members
  • 2,272 posts

Here is what I do, since most Items I win come from Amazon I return them to Amazon for full retail value (Amazon Credit). Now since I am in WA Amazons Corp HQ all the Items I recieve are taxed so when I return them I also get the tax returned 9.2%. By doing this I have two options buy from Amazon Items I really want or buy high demand high dollar items and sell them on Ebay infact I get the same retail on ebay that I pay for them at Amazon. Since I have been refunded the sales tax that more than covers the Ebay fees so I am actually slightly ahead of retail. Since I use Amazon I have them drop ship so that eliminates me having to pay sales tax. Also I am a prime member so 2-day shipping is free. So generally speaking I receive full retail value for most items I win.

PennyAuctionWatch
  • PennyAuctionWatch
  • PAW Founder
  • Administrators
  • 6,091 posts

Here is what I do, since most Items I win come from Amazon I return them to Amazon for full retail value (Amazon Credit). Now since I am in WA Amazons Corp HQ all the Items I recieve are taxed so when I return them I also get the tax returned 9.2%. By doing this I have two options buy from Amazon Items I really want or buy high demand high dollar items and sell them on Ebay infact I get the same retail on ebay that I pay for them at Amazon. Since I have been refunded the sales tax that more than covers the Ebay fees so I am actually slightly ahead of retail. Since I use Amazon I have them drop ship so that eliminates me having to pay sales tax. Also I am a prime member so 2-day shipping is free. So generally speaking I receive full retail value for most items I win.

The sites don't get penalized or anything though if you send items back to Amazon do they?

I believe that the more penny auction bidders that come together and post their honest experiences, exposing the shady-scam penny auction sites, the less and less shady-scam sites will stop being the majority in the penny auction industry. Stand with me.

Penny Auction News, Reviews, Directory & Discussion!
Follow us on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!

To the Scam Artists: Enough is Enough

realbidtowin
  • realbidtowin
  • Members
  • 2,272 posts

The sites don't get penalized or anything though if you send items back to Amazon do they?

Not at all they are making retail purchases and Amazon has a gift return provision. Amazon even provides the return shipping

tinman
  • tinman
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Hey, BTW,

I was thinking about returning some items for credit from Amazon, but I have some questions that you might be able to answer.

How will they know to credit your Amazon account? Can you find the amount of credit that will be return to you before you send the item back?
I thought when I read the Amazon receipt, you have to pay for shipping cost in order to get the credit on the return item. Is that correct?

Thanks

realbidtowin
  • realbidtowin
  • Members
  • 2,272 posts

Hey, BTW,

I was thinking about returning some items for credit from Amazon, but I have some questions that you might be able to answer.

How will they know to credit your Amazon account? Can you find the amount of credit that will be return to you before you send the item back?
I thought when I read the Amazon receipt, you have to pay for shipping cost in order to get the credit on the return item. Is that correct?

Thanks

When you go to their returns center it will ask if it was a gift, then you will start the return process, You will have to pay a small shipping fee usually under $5, however they also refund you the original shipping fees so I am typically on the + side of shipping. ONce they have recieved the item (usually 10-days) they will send you an email with a gift certificate that has a code that you can enter into any amazon account you have. It is that simple. Lets face it I have wone 30 plus PS3's I do not need those but there are pleant of other things I want/need that Amazon sells, so it works out well for me. Plus amaxon owns Endless.com, and they just took over Zappos so your credits are good there also. Plus they have numerous partners that accept Amazon credit

vibbu
  • vibbu
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts

When you go to their returns center it will ask if it was a gift, then you will start the return process, You will have to pay a small shipping fee usually under $5, however they also refund you the original shipping fees so I am typically on the + side of shipping. ONce they have recieved the item (usually 10-days) they will send you an email with a gift certificate that has a code that you can enter into any amazon account you have. It is that simple. Lets face it I have wone 30 plus PS3's I do not need those but there are pleant of other things I want/need that Amazon sells, so it works out well for me. Plus amaxon owns Endless.com, and they just took over Zappos so your credits are good there also. Plus they have numerous partners that accept Amazon credit

Thanks BID..TO..WIN..for your suggestion. Looks like I am selling everything for a loss. Let me try first with couple of items.

vibbu
  • vibbu
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts

What was the reason you selected for returns?

realbidtowin
  • realbidtowin
  • Members
  • 2,272 posts

What was the reason you selected for returns?

No longer needed

vibbu
  • vibbu
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts

No longer needed

Thank you.

David
  • David
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

From Amazon's POV, they benefit as they lock in a sale and they also get a bit more 'airtime'.
*Disclosure*
I help to run YooBeeDoo!, an auction site that has two auction models, a penny auction and a Bid-Block auction (which is unique to YooBeeDoo - US Pat Pend). Check us out!

bella
  • bella
  • Members
  • 1,376 posts

I just found a new place to BUY as it is not well known, but I don't know about SELLING. I'm sure between BTW and Shenanigans expert investigations, they will tell us if this is a good place to buy/sell. The name of the site is:

http://www.onlineauction.com/index.php

Hope it helps!
  • monikab likes this

realbidtowin
  • realbidtowin
  • Members
  • 2,272 posts

I just found a new place to BUY as it is not well known, but I don't know about SELLING. I'm sure between BTW and Shenanigans expert investigations, they will tell us if this is a good place to buy/sell. The name of the site is:

Hope it helps!

The problem using anything other than Ebay, Craigs, list or Amazon is the security of your investments meaning recieving legitamate funds for your items. Try putting up say a $600 notbook on Craigs list and more than 1/2 of the responses will be scammers wanting you to accept money from a stolen Paypal account and Paypal only guarantys fund for ebay transaction so accept Paypal on Craigs list and you are screwed. Thats what makes ebay so attractive. Craigs list works well too if you only accept cash. Amazon Marketplace is also a safe bet. Out side of that I trust no other methods, simply too risky.

Just today I had a Macbook on Ebay it sold this morning, Hour later paypal emails me and tells me it was a fradulent account. No problem Had not shipped yet. I immediatly relist it and it sells in about an hour to an ebayer with 800 plus feedeback, plus they were showing as Paypal confirmed. Just to make sure it was ok I even called Paypal to verify this was a legit transaction, they said it was. So I quicky get it shipped. Guess what, an hour later I get emails from both ebay and Paypal saying it was an unauthorized purchase, unfortunatly I had already shipped it, overnight at that. However because this was an ebay transaction I still get my money regardless.

So as far as I am concerned I would rather pay a little more (make a little less) to have my transactions secure.

scapril
  • scapril
  • Members
  • 706 posts

BTW: I had no idea there were so many scammers on ebay! I guess since they have the ship to address, at least they know where the thief lives!
~be nice or go home~

realbidtowin
  • realbidtowin
  • Members
  • 2,272 posts

BTW: I had no idea there were so many scammers on ebay! I guess since they have the ship to address, at least they know where the thief lives!

The scammers are out of control. After talking with Ebay and Paypal it sounded like they have contacted the authorities at the shipping destination in order to take action.

vibbu
  • vibbu
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts

The scammers are out of control. After talking with Ebay and Paypal it sounded like they have contacted the authorities at the shipping destination in order to take action.

Ebay is a big problem for me. Whenever I list items like iphone or anything > 1000$, within 5-10 minutes, it gets sold to someone who is not a registered user of Ebay. I called Ebay customer service 3-4 times and they ask me to change preferences etc ...but nothing happens..same old story.

By the way, I returned about 15 items today . Luckily they were accepting returns from Nov 1st.

Edited by vibbu, 22 January 2010 - 09:17 PM.

realbidtowin
  • realbidtowin
  • Members
  • 2,272 posts

Ebay is a big problem for me. Whenever I list items like iphone or anything > 1000$, within 5-10 minutes, it gets sold to someone who is not a registered user of Ebay. I called Ebay customer service 3-4 times and they ask me to change preferences etc ...but nothing happens..same old story.

Iphones Macbooks Items like that bring out the scammers in volumes they are like drugs to these guys, however add some strong language with buyers qualifications, this will reduce the problems significantly.

Miss Marple
  • Miss Marple
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Hope it helps!

That looks interesting, Bella!
I like http://www.bonanzle.com too. Not so much electronics/computer stuff there, though, but it seems like a pretty good place for other things.
I've had good experiences buying there, anyway.

realbidtowin
  • realbidtowin
  • Members
  • 2,272 posts

Update on the Macbook I sold and turnd out to be a fraudulent buyer. So you know i did ship it it arived today and because I required signature Paypal immediatly while on the phone with me released the funds $1150 to me even though the Macbook was shipped to a scammer. I know many of you hate Paypal but me, I think they are great.

By the way Vibbu, when I want to convert amazon credit to cash I buy Macbook Pro's for $1149 and I sell it on Ebay for $1149 the reason I get retail is i show the buyer how to get the Bing 8% cashback so their final cost is only $1057. I also ship it direct from Amazon to the ebayer so I pay no shipping. You have to be careful though because Amazon will collect tax for 5 states, WA, NY, KS, KY, and ND so I collect tax and pay Amazon if shipped to those states.

vibbu
  • vibbu
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Update on the Macbook I sold and turnd out to be a fraudulent buyer. So you know i did ship it it arived today and because I required signature Paypal immediatly while on the phone with me released the funds $1150 to me even though the Macbook was shipped to a scammer. I know many of you hate Paypal but me, I think they are great.

By the way Vibbu, when I want to convert amazon credit to cash I buy Macbook Pro's for $1149 and I sell it on Ebay for $1149 the reason I get retail is i show the buyer how to get the Bing 8% cashback so their final cost is only $1057. I also ship it direct from Amazon to the ebayer so I pay no shipping. You have to be careful though because Amazon will collect tax for 5 states, WA, NY, KS, KY, and ND so I collect tax and pay Amazon if shipped to those states.

Thanks for the info. As I mentioned earlier, I returned 18 items to amazon(thanks again for that tip). Ebay scares me..I will buy amazon kindle 2 as it goes very fast in craigslist for 255$( 5$ less than actual price). I sold 12. Any other good/popular items for selling?

Edited by vibbu, 23 January 2010 - 03:23 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users