Started by vibbu , Jan 19 2010 02:59 PM
winning for profit

• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

realbidtowin
  • realbidtowin
  • Members
  • 2,272 posts

Thanks for the info. As I mentioned earlier, I returned 18 items to amazon(thanks again for that tip). Ebay scares me..I will buy amazon kindle 2 as it goes very fast in craigslist for 255$( 5$ less than actual price). I sold 12. Any other good/popular items for selling?

I have not tried but the macbooks on Craigs but I bet they would do well maybe $50 off.

rockybiduser
  • rockybiduser
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Thanks btw for all these tips.In fact based on your earlier tips on PAW I am using amazon return effectively.That is simply great.But when you sell the item on ebay , we need to pay fees to both ebay and paypal on top of that dealing with scammers.I usually buy kindle/itouch on amazon and sell on craigslist.That works pretty well for me.

bella
  • bella
  • Members
  • 1,376 posts

That looks interesting, Bella!
I like http://www.bonanzle.com too. Not so much electronics/computer stuff there, though, but it seems like a pretty good place for other things.
I've had good experiences buying there, anyway.

THANKS! I'll give it a look-see!

realbidtowin
  • realbidtowin
  • Members
  • 2,272 posts

Thanks btw for all these tips.In fact based on your earlier tips on PAW I am using amazon return effectively.That is simply great.But when you sell the item on ebay , we need to pay fees to both ebay and paypal on top of that dealing with scammers.I usually buy kindle/itouch on amazon and sell on craigslist.That works pretty well for me.

See since the auctions sites have to pay sales tax on my items from Amazon I get that refunded and since I have amazon drop-ship to other states I do not have to pay sales tax, so I keep it from the refund, That is 9% so basically the fees are a wash so I actually recover retail value.

In fact I just sold $500 in bestbuy gift cards on ebay for $489. so ebay works out great as long as they have low shipping cost, PS3 and Xbox, TV's all craigs list.

SpeedyFinger
  • SpeedyFinger
  • Members
  • 568 posts

Hey BTW,

Could you just sell your Amazon credit (in the form of gift card[s]) to a PA site? Might be able to unload a large amount in one swoop. (No pun intended)

Just a thought...

realbidtowin
  • realbidtowin
  • Members
  • 2,272 posts

Hey BTW,

Could you just sell your Amazon credit (in the form of gift card[s]) to a PA site? Might be able to unload a large amount in one swoop. (No pun intended)

Just a thought...

Unfortunatly you cannot buy Amazon Giftcards with Amazon credit :( you also cannot transfer any of the credit to anyone else.

SpeedyFinger
  • SpeedyFinger
  • Members
  • 568 posts

I should have known there was a reason that would not work. Obviously a smart guy like yourself has explored that simple idea...

It's late. I should go to bed.

becdream
  • becdream
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Unfortunatly you cannot buy Amazon Giftcards with Amazon credit :( you also cannot transfer any of the credit to anyone else.

So if the credit comes in a code that you have not entered in your account, you can't sell that on ebay? I was under the impression that if you do not enter it, then it is not claimed yet, hence can be sold. If you look on ebay, amazon credit almost always sells for more than it's worth.

realbidtowin
  • realbidtowin
  • Members
  • 2,272 posts

So if the credit comes in a code that you have not entered in your account, you can't sell that on ebay? I was under the impression that if you do not enter it, then it is not claimed yet, hence can be sold. If you look on ebay, amazon credit almost always sells for more than it's worth.

Tecnically it is against Ebays Rules to sell them, that does not mean that it is not being done.

ggrahamlc
  • ggrahamlc
  • Members
  • 545 posts

It just amazes me why anyone would want to pay more than its worth on ebay, when you can just by it from amazon for the face value. does not make sense

SpeedyFinger
  • SpeedyFinger
  • Members
  • 568 posts

It just amazes me why anyone would want to pay more than its worth on ebay, when you can just by it from amazon for the face value. does not make sense

I would be leery of someone willing to pay more than retail. Thoughts of stolen credit cards, hacked paypal accounts quickly comes to mind...

catspur
  • catspur
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

I guess I've been pretty lucky on Ebay - been selling there a long time and can't remember ever being scammed. But I generally only sell in the US, and set buyer requirements. I've only sold a few >500 around Christmas time. I'd be a lot more worried about Craigslist.
By the way, I sell pet portraits there at starving artist prices if anyone wants to help me pay the rent:>)

PennyJersey
  • PennyJersey
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts

I guess I've been pretty lucky on Ebay - been selling there a long time and can't remember ever being scammed. But I generally only sell in the US, and set buyer requirements. I've only sold a few >500 around Christmas time. I'd be a lot more worried about Craigslist.
By the way, I sell pet portraits there at starving artist prices if anyone wants to help me pay the rent:>)

What is your id or do you have a store? Would love to look at your work.

ndn0521
  • ndn0521
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Has anyone tried ioffer.com? There were many US Sellers there who are selling iphones, GPS, etc. (I recently saw a seller from US who was selling an Iphone 3GS 32gb for 350!!..don't know if it's legit and if buyers received the item or not..)

Just a note, if you ever decide to buy an item from there..please be very very very careful from Chinese and Japanese sellers who are the biggest spammers there..

Edited by ndn0521, 25 January 2010 - 12:46 AM.

catspur
  • catspur
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

What is your id or do you have a store? Would love to look at your work.

Website is in progress, but here's a link to an ebay listing:

http://cgi.ebay.com/...em=350309194423

(Hope this isn't against the rules)

ggrahamlc
  • ggrahamlc
  • Members
  • 545 posts

BTW, question since you return alot to amazon, If the product is paid through amazon, but fulfilled by a third party can you still return it to amazon for credit.

realbidtowin
  • realbidtowin
  • Members
  • 2,272 posts

BTW, question since you return alot to amazon, If the product is paid through amazon, but fulfilled by a third party can you still return it to amazon for credit.

That depends some you can and others no, I recently returned a PS3 that came from Target but was ordered from Amazon and I recived the credit for that. If the item included the Amazon packing slip it will disclose the return polocy if ti comes with the vendors slip it likely cannot be returned for Amazon Credit.

ggrahamlc
  • ggrahamlc
  • Members
  • 545 posts

That depends some you can and others no, I recently returned a PS3 that came from Target but was ordered from Amazon and I recived the credit for that. If the item included the Amazon packing slip it will disclose the return polocy if ti comes with the vendors slip it likely cannot be returned for Amazon Credit.

Thats what i kind of thought. So its kind of a 50/50 toss up. if you win something and dont know who it will be fulfilled by. Thanks BTW

coolguy451
  • coolguy451
  • Members
  • 1,144 posts

That is why I try and look up each item I go for on amazon.com just to see who the item is actually coming from. Even though amazon isn't always used, it is used more often than not and the product page does tell you if a third party is the supplier for the item.

occupant
  • occupant
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Wife and I have amassed a few things over the past couple of months that we just stuck up on eBay to get rid of. A juicer, a broken Xbox 360 (that wasn't a PA win), a gift card, and a pizza oven. I just won a $100 Home Depot gift card but I NEED THAT since we have some plumbing and electrical issues on the house. But if we didn't need it, it'd go on eBay for $90 or $95 and free shipping, buy it now. Because then they sell FAST. The $25 card went for $23, free ship. The $60 retail pizza oven went for $50. The juicer is up for I think $100 and it's retail is $130.

We could put these up for full retail and try to get it, but why wait for it? I'd rather convert the win to cash if it's not something we want to keep. Then we can spend it using our PayPal debit card on whatever. Like tires for the Durango. Or a heater core repair. Or take our kids to Chuck E Cheese. Or most recently, sell a broken Xbox 360 to fund the purchase of another one!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users