Started by vibbu , Jan 19 2010 02:59 PM
winning for profit

• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

dragon ball
  • dragon ball
  • Members
  • 2,174 posts

I been thinking for a while to sell some stuff I really didn't need after wards after receiving my won products from penny auction. Most of the stuff I keep them but it does gets cluttered in the house. I tried e-bay, but they want me to fax them my driver license copy front and back, invoices of the selling items that I own and where it came from also they want me to fax my credit card statement. I just opened up few weeks ago to try the e-bay and both Paypal and e-bay wants me to give all my information. I'm like what? I called and complained to the paypal that I had paypal for many many years but they said we want to make sure since there is so much scam on e-bay. Currently, they freeze my e-bay and paypal account for limited activity only. I was very upset felt treated like a criminal and told them that you can even do a back ground check and I'm zest fully clean. Since I live in San Francisco, I'm ready to drive down 45 minutes to San Jose to the PayPal office and E-bay head quarters and tell them exactly that I drove down to let them know that it's not fair. Anyways this is my true story that had happened to me. So, anyone new selling on e-bay and doing Paypal you might get into the same mess I had. :mad:
  • Donaldnug likes this

PennyAuctionWatch
  • PennyAuctionWatch
  • PAW Founder
  • Administrators
  • 6,091 posts

It's not always easy to resell items, that's for sure. Anyone try StuffBuff yet? :) http://www.pennyauct...ff-is-now-live/

I believe that the more penny auction bidders that come together and post their honest experiences, exposing the shady-scam penny auction sites, the less and less shady-scam sites will stop being the majority in the penny auction industry. Stand with me.

Penny Auction News, Reviews, Directory & Discussion!
Follow us on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!

To the Scam Artists: Enough is Enough

dragon ball
  • dragon ball
  • Members
  • 2,174 posts

Here are some places you can sell your unwanted items that you don't need it anymore. If anyone else had somewhere in mind let us know so that we can get rid of unwanted items to exchange for cash to pay bills. I'm not affiliated with any of these company listed here:

For unwanted gift cards to sell or trade: 1. http://www.giftcardrescue.com/
2.https://secure.techx...d.com/index.php
3.http://www.abcgiftca...?main_page=sell
4.http://tinyurl.com/plastic-jungle1 Plastic Jungle
5.http://www.swapagift.com/getcash
6.http://www.giftcardb....cfm?FA=Listing
So if you don't see the gift card that you wanted to get rid of one of the above site should list the gift cards you don't need. I had no problems so far but of course you can do better on e-bay and craigslist but this is just to let you guys know. Next you want to rid of your electronic stuff:
1.http://www.gazelle.com/
2.http://www.bestbuytradein.com/bb/
now these places will give you half of the retail. For instance $499 GPS Navigator they will pay you around $250 and get paid by paypal or send you a check for gazelle site. For the Best Buy Trade in, you get paid pretty much half of the value of the items and you can take it to the local best buy to sell to them or you can do it online. So anything goes, like B2win said of course if you sell it on your own like amazon and e-bay then you will come out better. But this is just some sites that I wanted share with you guys since more we know about things, life is easier to handle. I saw a guy here in San Francisco, picking up cans around the street looks like for pocket money and I told him why don't you try the penny auction he replied to me that he didn't understand English to well. So, I couldn't communicate with that person. I wanted to help that guy but he just walked away to another grocery store recycle bins to look for cans. I told him have a nice day and went off to do my own things. ;)

coolguy451
  • coolguy451
  • Members
  • 1,144 posts

I have a question about returning items to amazon. Since I live in CA, owners never have to pay taxes to ship items to me. When I return an item I chose given as a gift and no longer needed/wanted. By doing this, I always have to pay to ship it back.

Bidtowin, I know you say you never lose money by returning to amazon so my question is: is the shipping costs covered by the returned taxes taht were paid to ship the item to you or are you making different selections when going through the return process?

realbidtowin
  • realbidtowin
  • Members
  • 2,272 posts

I have a question about returning items to amazon. Since I live in CA, owners never have to pay taxes to ship items to me. When I return an item I chose given as a gift and no longer needed/wanted. By doing this, I always have to pay to ship it back.

Bidtowin, I know you say you never lose money by returning to amazon so my question is: is the shipping costs covered by the returned taxes taht were paid to ship the item to you or are you making different selections when going through the return process?

When I return item Amazon refunds the original shipping cost (strange I know) and thew return shipping is always less or equal so it is basically a wash. besides most item return shipping cost is around $4-$10.

bigman701
  • bigman701
  • Members
  • 504 posts

When I return item Amazon refunds the original shipping cost (strange I know) and thew return shipping is always less or equal so it is basically a wash. besides most item return shipping cost is around $4-$10.

Do they ever question you about having many returns, and maybe on the same items. Have do they refund your money through paypal?

coolguy451
  • coolguy451
  • Members
  • 1,144 posts

Do they ever question you about having many returns, and maybe on the same items. Have do they refund your money through paypal?

I think they always give amazon credit.

bloo123456
  • bloo123456
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

The shipping costs like B2W said are around that range. and if the penny auction owner used a fast shipping service instead of the free supersaver shipping. they also give that money back in ur refund.

Amazon only gives amazon credit as a refund.
There are ways that you can turn that credit into cash with minimum losses.

You can buy american express GC's...(never tried) but you need to pay about 4 dollars for a gift card, which isnt too bad when u try to redeem, lets say, 200 dollar of amazon credit. Now, you can use that for ur normal purchases...

Other way, you can do (but costs a lot) is by using amazon marketplace. You list an item, someone buys it. The buyer pays real money to you and you use your amazon credit to ship to your buyer, it does work just so u know.
The only problem is the amazon commision, which seems a tad bit high when compared to the american express idea.

but if you want cash in ur account to do the same thing (bid, win and return) i would say go with the 1st one since they accept credit cards in paypal and amer expr is considered as one even though its a GC. same goes with the normal purchases.

realbidtowin
  • realbidtowin
  • Members
  • 2,272 posts

I have returned 100's of items never a question. I am justy a spec on an elephants behind to them they are still getting my money.

bigman701
  • bigman701
  • Members
  • 504 posts

I have returned 100's of items never a question. I am justy a spec on an elephants behind to them they are still getting my money.

Now that is funny.:smilielol5:

bigman701
  • bigman701
  • Members
  • 504 posts

Thanks for the info. As I mentioned earlier, I returned 18 items to amazon(thanks again for that tip). Ebay scares me..I will buy amazon kindle 2 as it goes very fast in craigslist for 255$( 5$ less than actual price). I sold 12. Any other good/popular items for selling?

When you list a kindle under which section of craigs list do you put it under.

vibbu
  • vibbu
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts

When you list a kindle under which section of craigs list do you put it under.

Electronics.

mp25bs
  • mp25bs
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

sometimes i find that its cheaper if i send an item and pay for the postage myself. for example, i think amazon wanted to charge about 4-5$ in shipping for an ipod shuffle, and u can send it via usps for 2.50

saggysp
  • saggysp
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Does amazon accept the returns if the item was opened? I mean, if you haven't used the item but just opened it. The item is brand new but its no longer sealed like a factory sealed product.
Do you get the full credit or do they charge you a percentage?

Rayall20069
  • Rayall20069
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts

I returned an item I bought from Amazon after I opened it. I got a refund for it and shipping, but mainly because it arrived with one of the bottles broken. Otherwise I doubt they would have refunded shipping.

Mizshutterbug
  • Mizshutterbug
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 278 posts

Thanks for the info. As I mentioned earlier, I returned 18 items to amazon(thanks again for that tip). Ebay scares me..I will buy amazon kindle 2 as it goes very fast in craigslist for 255$( 5$ less than actual price). I sold 12. Any other good/popular items for selling?

Happy you finally won the Apple Ipod tonight!! I backed off when I saw you pop on. Boy it went on for a few hours but still turned out well for you and you didn't overpay. Not sure what is happening over on CBN as nothing on the board for tomorrow. Have you received anything from them yet? I haven't but they say things were shipped. Won things on Monday the 15th but still haven't received anything. Maybe tomorrow?? Take care. Linda

mp25bs
  • mp25bs
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Amazon only gives amazon credit as a refund.
There are ways that you can turn that credit into cash with minimum losses.

You can buy american express GC's...(never tried) but you need to pay about 4 dollars for a gift card, which isnt too bad when u try to redeem, lets say, 200 dollar of amazon credit. Now, you can use that for ur normal purchases...

did anyone try buying the amex GC? it takes me to a page outside of amazon and it wont let me use amazon credit (unless im doing something wrong)

BeckyP
  • BeckyP
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Can we start a thread here to sell our winnings? For Example I have $55 in amazon.com gift cards I'd like to sell for $50... I'd be great to have a sticky for this type of stuff. It'd be a win- win situation for both the sellers and buyers. woot

realbidtowin
  • realbidtowin
  • Members
  • 2,272 posts

Can we start a thread here to sell our winnings? For Example I have $55 in amazon.com gift cards I'd like to sell for $50... I'd be great to have a sticky for this type of stuff. It'd be a win- win situation for both the sellers and buyers. woot

Lets see are you going to ship it before you get the cash? or am I going to send you cash with out the card? There is no protection for either party so this does not work

BeckyP
  • BeckyP
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

BTW, It's called Paypal. Paypal offers protection. I'm sure everyone here has that. Usually the way it goes is you pay for the item, and then the other person sends the items. It's even easier for e-cards, then the transaction can happen almost instantly. My amazon.com cards are e-cards.

Also, you won't buy / shouldn't buy from "strangers" . And I know there are people on this forum who won't tarnish there reputations just for a $5.00 off a gift card, or $10.00 off a kindle.

Soooo.. With that said, I have a $55.00 worth of amazon.com e-cards for sale. Payment via paypal or check. E-cards sent instantly once payment has cleared. Reply with interest, and I'll send you my E-mail to make arrangments. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users