Started by PennyAuctionWatch , May 29 2009 03:18 PM

• Please log in to reply
99 replies to this topic

PennyAuctionWatch
  • PennyAuctionWatch
  • PAW Founder
  • Administrators
  • 6,091 posts

Discuss BidsTick.com penny auctions here.

I believe that the more penny auction bidders that come together and post their honest experiences, exposing the shady-scam penny auction sites, the less and less shady-scam sites will stop being the majority in the penny auction industry. Stand with me.

Penny Auction News, Reviews, Directory & Discussion!
Follow us on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!

To the Scam Artists: Enough is Enough

pink1e
  • pink1e
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Just joined it but I'm not planning to use it. The intervals are way too long and they have a reserve so it's not worth it.

What Does i and R mean under auctions

An i under an auction can be clicked to find the description on the item. You should always read this to make sure you are bidding on something you really want. This will also tell you if there are extra steps to take if you win this item such as emailing customer service with the version, color ect. that you want. The R means that this auction might have a reserve on it.

pink1e
  • pink1e
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

What I'm most concerned about the reserve is that if you actually do win the auction and you didn't meet the reserve, what happens to all the bids? Even if they give it back, which is not likely, you just waste a whole lot of time and that's just pure madness.

eshopper
  • eshopper
  • Members
  • 2,437 posts

Well with this new 5 million in funding they've received maybe they'll be able to ship the items people complained they didn't get. :smilielol5:

EllaJames
  • EllaJames
  • Members
  • 668 posts

This past Tuesday, they had a couple of black louis vuitton bags with MRSP $2,000.

janyce16
  • janyce16
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 450 posts

how are they giving out 100 bids to all users, i have an acc there, but no bids for me?

or the had to send a video testimonial?
yeah what about the ppl that won items that never received?:7:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

suzyq
  • suzyq
  • Members
  • 3,109 posts

Forgot I still had bids in my account there until I read these new posts. Used them up very quickly this afternoon without winning anything. I just don't like the place, never did. Did get to bid against Santa Clause which made me laugh.

dtr777777
  • dtr777777
  • Guests
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Don't even try this site. Bad... Scam... I spent $600.00 with paypal account and won laptop. They never ship the winning items and you can not claim to paypal when it pass 2 months. Even you explain to paypal, don't get money back and not getting any winning items. Bad site... No customer support...

caveninit
  • caveninit
  • Members
  • 2,554 posts

Don't even try this site. Bad... Scam... I spent $600.00 with paypal account and won laptop. They never ship the winning items and you can not claim to paypal when it pass 2 months. Even you explain to paypal, don't get money back and not getting any winning items. Bad site... No customer support...

Oh no...I would be freaking out!!! I am so sorry you lost so much money....can't you take them to court?

dtr777777
  • dtr777777
  • Guests
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

It will cost more than i spent if I am taking this court. I have all proof that I printed out from my account and paypal don't let me have money back. I am telling you all bidder, Don't put any money in bidstick.com. Totally fake site and scam...

suzyq
  • suzyq
  • Members
  • 3,109 posts

PAW Admin -- Do you think this one should be put in the Red Flag area?

janyce16
  • janyce16
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 450 posts

i agree with suzyq
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

suzyq
  • suzyq
  • Members
  • 3,109 posts

I think there are probably quite a few others in this section that should be moved. I read thru most of them the other day and thought that it was misleading to newbies to see them in this section.

dtr777777
  • dtr777777
  • Guests
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

I think whoever used bidstick.com, They know this site is scam... And most user from bidstick.com looks like fake.

Edited by dtr777777, 26 October 2009 - 10:26 AM.

tammy
  • tammy
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

I respectfully disagree. I don't think bidstick.com is a scam. Ive won 2 auctions already. So, I know there are real winners. With penny auctions, just like any other auction, there is only one winner. yes, you have to pay to bid but thats how the owners of these auctions can sell items so cheap and still make a profit.:biggrin:

monikab
  • monikab
  • Members
  • 834 posts

hi tammy ,

what have you won ?

small or big items ?

bidpacks ?

monika

bella
  • bella
  • Members
  • 1,376 posts

OMG my old stomping grounds! Lemme tell you about Bidstick..............

They were one of the origional auction sites, and they had a chatroom. A lot of us won. THEN we noticed bots/shills. The owner admitted to the bots. Several people requested refunds, and got them within 36 hours. (not pay pal). I will NEVER bid there again!

suzyq
  • suzyq
  • Members
  • 3,109 posts

I respectfully disagree. I don't think bidstick.com is a scam. Ive won 2 auctions already. So, I know there are real winners. With penny auctions, just like any other auction, there is only one winner. yes, you have to pay to bid but thats how the owners of these auctions can sell items so cheap and still make a profit.:biggrin:

Tammy, do you mind sharing your user ID at Bidstick?

dragon ball
  • dragon ball
  • Members
  • 2,174 posts

I'm having same problem with my win auction. I had won my item back in 9/09 and still having receive my item with the bidstick. I had received my two win 100 bidpacks since they only electronically send it to you but my Dyson Vacuum Cleaner is still not shipped. I e-mailed and called them and asked for a tracking number to the UPS, FedEx, and USPS and they still didn't clear me by reply e-mail to what is going on. I would hate to report them to the BBB, Consumer Affairs or the Federal Trade Commission since that would be my last resort. I really wanted to start bidding for their Rolex Watch that is valued like $3,000 but until I get my product I will stick with, BidCactus, BidSauce, and Live2Bid sites since these sites do ship the auction won. As soon as my product is received I will keep you guys posted. I'm in San Francisco area and really tempted to drive down to LA or fly their in 1 hour to complain in person since they are in downtown Los Angeles. :redface:

dragon ball
  • dragon ball
  • Members
  • 2,174 posts

Last Night, I bid around 100 times for the 40 inch TV valued over $2,000 since the tick time was 3 seconds. When I was bidding, it was still around $1.00 and there was five other UserName bidding for the same thing. I decided to quit since it seems little hard to win. 4 hours later around midnight here in California, the bids was around $30.00 and those 5 UserNames was still bidding each other. I am wondering, would anyone spends thousands of dollars on over the value of the TV? I could see that I spend for $100 gift card sometimes winding up bidding more than the value of the card but, 4 to 5 thousands of dollars which the value of TV is $2,000 it's just hard to believe none of these 5 bidders pulled out besides me. It's strange since when you bid, your actually spending around $1.00 each. :51:

Edited by dragon ball, 05 January 2010 - 07:58 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users