Started by PennyAuctionWatch , Jan 31 2010 09:00 PM

• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

PennyJersey
  • PennyJersey
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Even more BOGUS, I can't post a rebuttal!

Bargainsandfun
  • Bargainsandfun
  • Members
  • 546 posts

Read my post above your first one!

Shenanigans
  • Shenanigans
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • 1,086 posts

I found this under #5 of their FAQ of this article:
http://www.ripoffrep...poffReport.aspx

Just because Ripoff Report won’t remove reports does not mean you have no options. On the contrary, you can write a rebuttal explaining your position. Rebuttals are 100% free, and we strongly encourage you to use this resource since they can be extremely effective.
If you are a business owner and you discover that the report was written by an unhappy customer, do not despair. You can turn that negative into a positive. Use the complaint as an opportunity to make things right with your customer, and ask the customer to submit an update confirming that their concern has been satisfactorily resolved. Even if the customer won't submit an update, you can write a rebuttal stating what you have done to make things right. As we often say, every business will receive complaints. Customers know that. Having a complaint does not mean your company is bad. It is the manner in which you choose to deal with your customers that will have the biggest impact on your reputation, so treat every complaint as an opportunity to show customers that you DO care about treating them well even when things go wrong. Of course, if you don't care about making things right with your customers, that's something the public has a right to know.
If you think a report is fake and/or written by a competitor, feel free to say so in your rebuttal. Your rebuttal can also demand that the customer post some form of proof to back up their story. If the customer fails to do so, that will speak volumes about their credibility (or lack thereof).

I think a clear demand for proof should be posted before 20 rebuttals about how the article is wrong, or the the report was submitted from a disgruntled penny auction owner.

I also think that this is a good thing in the long run, since we have all over-looked that website's effectiveness as a tool for complaints. They have a Google PR1 (page rank 1, meaning they are normally on the first page). PAW has already started sending people to this site to complain about BidsTick[dot]com.
DO WHAT'S RIGHT, NOT WHAT'S EASY

coolguy451
  • coolguy451
  • Members
  • 1,144 posts

What I find more interesting is they allowed someone to post a comment as an "employee" even though in the actual post the person says "This report is a valid report. I happen to know someone that knows the Owner of PennyAuctionWatch and have heard from several people that the owner named Amanda does indirectly control some of the penny auction sites."

I have never been to this website before. I think Shenanigan's advice makes a lot of sense and I will wait on posting any type of rebuttal.

Shenanigans
  • Shenanigans
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • 1,086 posts

What I find more interesting is they allowed someone to post a comment as an "employee" even though in the actual post the person says "This report is a valid report. I happen to know someone that knows the Owner of PennyAuctionWatch and have heard from several people that the owner named Amanda does indirectly control some of the penny auction sites."

I have never been to this website before. I think Shenanigan's advice makes a lot of sense and I will wait on posting any type of rebuttal.

Update #2 says they are from "live2bids"

Edited by Shenanigans, 01 February 2010 - 03:42 PM.

suzyq
  • suzyq
  • Members
  • 3,109 posts

Where do I go to read the rebuttals?

Shenanigans
  • Shenanigans
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • 1,086 posts

Where do I go to read the rebuttals?

They are found under the report.
http://www.ripoffrep...tch-c-4dcae.htm

Maybe it IS time to get 20 or 30 rebuttals in PAW's defense on there, to put a lot of distance between his false information.

suzyq
  • suzyq
  • Members
  • 3,109 posts

They are found under the report.
http://www.ripoffrep...tch-c-4dcae.htm

Maybe it IS time to get 20 or 30 rebuttals in PAW's defense on there, to put a lot of distance between his false information.

I must be an idiot...the only one I find is by "live2bids" and I know that can't be our Live2Bid.

scapril
  • scapril
  • Members
  • 706 posts

You beat me to it Suzy!
live2bids... yeah right
~be nice or go home~

ggrahamlc
  • ggrahamlc
  • Members
  • 545 posts

the original poster of the report is probably going to try to impersonate forum members name to deface PAW owner. How pathetic

candy
  • candy
  • Members
  • 2,195 posts

I don't know what I did right??? but I didn't have a problem posting a rebuttal. I had to register & validate, and the site is not the easiest to navigate, but I finally accomplished my mission. lol

Suzyq: Go to the main complaint page & scroll thru for PAW. I did to see if my rebuttal was there yet (did it yesterday) & as of yesterday, PAW was on page 4.

The person who initially filed this report thinks he/she has provided proof. Quotes from site comments, etc. so I don't think rebuttals would be a bad idea right now??? And PAW did post a detailed response.

I can't believe someone actually reported a "forum" on a rip off site :rolleyes: That is just plain vindictive. Membership IS optional or is PAW breaking arms now too? lol

scapril
  • scapril
  • Members
  • 706 posts

Has anyone written a rebuttal? All I see are the PAW one and live2bids. (I'm still waiting on my password)
~be nice or go home~

ggrahamlc
  • ggrahamlc
  • Members
  • 545 posts

I don't know what I did right??? but I didn't have a problem posting a rebuttal. I had to register & validate, and the site is not the easiest to navigate, but I finally accomplished my mission. lol

Suzyq: Go to the main complaint page & scroll thru for PAW. I did to see if my rebuttal was there yet (did it yesterday) & as of yesterday, PAW was on page 4.

The person who initially filed this report thinks he/she has provided proof. Quotes from site comments, etc. so I don't think rebuttals would be a bad idea right now??? And PAW did post a detailed response.

I can't believe someone actually reported a "forum" on a rip off site :rolleyes: That is just plain vindictive. Membership IS optional or is PAW breaking arms now too? lol

I dont even see a page four.

scapril
  • scapril
  • Members
  • 706 posts

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. Maybe you can't see the other rebuttals until you log in? Guess I'll check again after I get back from the Dr.
~be nice or go home~

coolguy451
  • coolguy451
  • Members
  • 1,144 posts

the only rebuttal I see is from PAW and then a post by live2bids, which is listed under "employee".

sixtoes
  • sixtoes
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 382 posts

things people should know about the owner of ripoff report :smilielol5:
http://www.ezripofflawsuit.com/
these auctions would not drive me insane
if i only had a brain

Shenanigans
  • Shenanigans
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • 1,086 posts

Their site is a PITA. I can post rebuttals on every other report on their site, just not this one. (Yes I did try and rebut each of the 500+ thousand other reports before posting here).
ok... maybe I didn't

Shenanigans
  • Shenanigans
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • 1,086 posts

things people should know about the owner of ripoff report :smilielol5:
http://www.ezripofflawsuit.com/

here is a good read...
http://board.hosting...?showtopic=1315

suzyq
  • suzyq
  • Members
  • 3,109 posts

Their site is a PITA. I can post rebuttals on every other report on their site, just not this one. (Yes I did try and rebut each of the 500+ thousand other reports before posting here).
ok... maybe I didn't

I give....what's a PITA?

and don't tell me it's to make a Greek sandwich....

scapril
  • scapril
  • Members
  • 706 posts

PITA..... Pain In The (Patootie)!
~be nice or go home~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users