Started by PennyAuctionWatch , Jan 31 2010 09:00 PM

• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

candy
  • candy
  • Members
  • 2,195 posts

My rebuttal is still not showing :o

If it takes this long for them to go thru, then the employee report would have been done immediately after the initial report was filed.

OR

Consumer reports, like mine, are not significant... just employees :P

suzyq
  • suzyq
  • Members
  • 3,109 posts

PITA..... Pain In The (Patootie)!

Can't be right, April....Patootie doesn't start with an "A" :smilielol5:

PennyAuctionWatch
  • PennyAuctionWatch
  • PAW Founder
  • Administrators
  • 6,091 posts

This is ludicrous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Does no one else see what's going on here? THOUSANDS of dollars are being stolen from people and this slander is allowed to go on yet they don't approve anyone else's rebuttals? I'll sign an affidavit any day telling the world that I do not own any penny auction site!

I believe that the more penny auction bidders that come together and post their honest experiences, exposing the shady-scam penny auction sites, the less and less shady-scam sites will stop being the majority in the penny auction industry. Stand with me.

Penny Auction News, Reviews, Directory & Discussion!
Follow us on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!

To the Scam Artists: Enough is Enough

EllaJames
  • EllaJames
  • Members
  • 668 posts

I certainly will file a rebuttal as well. I just had a quick question.. how significant is this website "ripoffreport"? I mean, just from experience.. one irate customer got upset about a company that I am affiliated with and filed a complaint through this website back in 2005 and it miserably failed to accomplish what he was trying to do. The company thrived and still flourishing years later.. I mean it's just a blog right? Who cares what people write on that thing. This customer was upset about one person, a customer service rep, that he made contact with on the phone and decided to complain about his experience like a fool. It was annoying for a blip of a second while the company continued to make millions of dollars from customers worldwide. We all know that PAW has a very strong following and this will continue despite that dumb article. You can't control what they write and will continue to write, but you know that PAW is successful regardless, now and in the future. We're fixing to celebrate our 1,000 membership! So let's file our rebuttals, for those who feel its needed, but it would be nice if we can dig up more information on who initiated this article and who their supporters are and blast them back with more revealing details. :wink:

PennyAuctionWatch
  • PennyAuctionWatch
  • PAW Founder
  • Administrators
  • 6,091 posts

Employee?? HUH
Ripoffreport is not fair, I can't even sign in now to leave another report.

Edited by PennyAuctionWatch, 01 February 2010 - 04:56 PM.

I believe that the more penny auction bidders that come together and post their honest experiences, exposing the shady-scam penny auction sites, the less and less shady-scam sites will stop being the majority in the penny auction industry. Stand with me.

Follow us on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!

suzyq
  • suzyq
  • Members
  • 3,109 posts

If anyone is fortunate to get a rebuttal posted, please ask them why all of our rebuttals are not being published.

cherilen
  • cherilen
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 247 posts

I signed up yesterday as soon as PAW posted this and tried to put in a rebuttal but couldn't. It wouldn't let me post anything. So, I decided I was not doing something right and would wait to see how everyone else did it.

Guess it wasn't me. NOW, it won't even let me stay logged in. I log in, then as soon as I go to the PAW report , I am no longer registered. I've been trying forever!

Whatever everyone else does I will follow. Do we need to all email the site??

realbidtowin
  • realbidtowin
  • Members
  • 2,272 posts

Amanda, Do not sweat this, it is a classic case of the crook blaming the cop for his troubles, regardless your sites content and loyal membership speaks for it self. When you are on Top someone always wants to knock you down, trust me I know it all too well, all I can say is keep up the hard and always ethical work you do, you are greatly appreciated.

PennyAuctionWatch
  • PennyAuctionWatch
  • PAW Founder
  • Administrators
  • 6,091 posts

Thanks everyone & thanks B2W, you're right :).

Look at what you get when you e-mail them:

Your Ripoff Report support request was received. This e-mail is in response to your message titled: 'Defamation Report: #562294'

This is an automated response sent to everyone who requests to have a report removed.

Please read below.. be sure to read to the end...

Below we talk about people suing us, .. don't be insulted if you did not mention that.. as we know it's in the back of everyone's mind.. please keep an open mind.. try and read it all...

The information below is a little long winded to say the least. We feel this is necessary, as Rip-off Report is paving new territory and will for quite some time ...

Rip-off Report is always making changes and are always open to new ideas.. but, removing a report is not an option, ..Rip-off Report is a permanent record.

-------now for the long winded version... do read to the end.. ---------

Right or wrong.. true of false... Best to respond to the report. Be pleasant and show consumers what kind of person / company you are... it works for other business. If you handle it the right way, it will bring you new found business. Consumers like to hear a 3rd party opinion. They like to see how a business handles problems, whether they be true or false, ... if false, explain why, .. if true, who would not want to do business with a company that can admit, maybe they made a mistake, .. this shows a consumer that you have nothing to hide, it will show them that you want to take care of business, by taking care of that consumer, telling them to please contact you (in your rebuttal) so you can make things right for them. What consumer would not want to do business with someone that knows how to make things right... Just file a rebuttal.. the truth shall set you free.

We do hear what you are saying - and let's say we believe you - but, we never really know for sure about those who email us, ..as you can imagine people tell us all kinds of things, lying to us... just to try to convince us to remove the report about them. How are we to know who is telling the truth? And how could we afford to investigate all of the claims that are made by people who want their report taken down. Hopefully you realize the true value of Rip-off Report for consumers, ..the authorities and the media do..

Our philosophy is that Rip-off Report is a permanent record just like when someone files a complaint in court. You can file a rebuttal, like when you file an answer in court when someone files a bogus law suit, .. the court will never remove the complaint from the public records either. They are now being found on the search engines too... When we get sued, those court record law suits are found right on the same page with Rip-off Report.

Read below the usual email we send to people who ask us to remove Reports, .. some even threaten us with a law suit. So, we've included that information below, .. so please don't be insulted when we mention it below.

=======================================
We do remove social security numbers, bank account numbers, threats of violence, some foul language and links to places we do not know about. If we missed something and are notified about it, we will remove it.

Something is false and you think it should be taken down?

This is the way the Internet is..

we did not create the laws.

we did not create the Internet.

we did not create the Report(s) filed.

if you don't care what we have to say and don't want to read our philosophy below, you must read this first link below. Be warned. We know you many not have mentioned it.. so, again, don't be insulted... but... To those of you who threaten to sue, be prepared to go the long haul, and, when you want to do a walk away because you realize you cannot and will not win because you filed a frivilous law suit, ...you will be paying for our legal bill and in some cases and then some, before we will let you out of the case. .. Just ask anyone who has sued us for years. Many of them will not admit to you that they paid us.. but they do.. If you are thinking of suing us, I hope you are personally prepared for this. We are.

For those who are thinking of suing...

http://www.ripoffrep...poffReport.aspx

you may be interested to know, since the above LINK was created, there have been a lot more legal superior court decisions, and other lower court decisions - some published decisions ... ALL IN OUR FAVOR.. and we have been sued more than 2 dozen times and never, that's NEVER lost a case. Suing us will only get you more publicity and additional listings on search engines..

Why do we win? - just do a Google search for Communications Decency Act - CDA.

below is for those who have read the case laws and/or those of you who have no intention of suing and are looking for ways to just make things right for your customers, or just setting the record straight - ... even if the comments are just about you personally, ... remember, we will all be blogged. Good or bad, right or wrong, we WILL all be blogged, somewhere..Best to set the record straight, here and now. .. Please read below..

===============================

please read some of our Philosophy -

I know the below copy is long winded - -

You do not want to miss any of what we are saying below - - many things are repeated so you understand our point,. this is all about NEW thinking for the 21st century... For many people, this just has not sunk in yet.

The short answer is ... a Rip-off Report cannot be taken off.

if you keep reading, you will understand how you will end up doing better with the Report staying up and not removing the Report.. by you setting the record stright now, you won't have to worry about other blogs as much.. Either way, those who want to get information out about you will.

You can simply file a rebuttal and explain your side of the story ... it's free ... and you don ' t have to even read any further, just log on and file a rebuttal telling your side of the story, best to not be combative or insulting.

still not convinced ?

This is the 21st century. Good or bad, right or wrong ... we will all be blogged.

This is the 21st century. Good or bad, right or wrong ... we will all be blogged.

You can simply file a rebuttal and explain your side of the story ... it's free.

You can simply file a rebuttal and explain your side of the story ... it's free.

With or without Rip-off Report, someone would eventually blog you somewhere.

With or without Rip-off Report, someone would eventually blog you somewhere.

When the Reported business asks us, "why don't you check out these Reports before you post them" ... I ask you, where do we start and stop with evidence? ... No system is perfect.

Here is a perfect example....

The United States of America puts people to death after 1 or 2 jury trials, all kinds of witnesses and countless appeals, to only find out 15 to 30 years later, ..ooops! ... Gee, they weren't guilty after all! ... and businesses want Rip-off Report to figure out who is right and who is wrong? Where do we start and stop with evidence? We cannot play judge and jury..

FACT: CONSUMERS WANT TO HEAR A 3rd PARTY OPINION:

Most businesses ask: "In 2008, what good does it do if a consumer sees Rip-off Reports from back in 2005?" - - We tell them that this is THE most important benefit you can ever get from Rip-off Report! ... Yes, you the business, the person that was reported ... Any educated consumer who is surfing the web in July of 2008 and comes across a Rip-off Report on you personally or your business ... consider yourself lucky. ... Think about it. Remember, all businesses will get complaints: ALL!! .... If you address the complaint, rectify the situation, be nice and not combative, this will show the consumer that you were man/woman enough to address your issues ... This will also show how you are committed to making changes and committed to total customer satisfaction! ... What consumer would not want to do business with you after seeing how you took care of business by fixing a complaint and was nice about it ? .. to err on the side of the consumer.

For example, even if YOU were not wrong and the customer was being a real jerk ... Here's what you do: without insulting the consumer you explain in your rebuttal in a very nice way why they should not be getting a refund, but, in the name of good customer service we will make things right with you. However, it is always best to add some sort of an admission of at least the possibility you or your company did make a mistake or someone from the company might have made a mistake, so, in the name of "good customer service make a statement on how you will be giving the customer the benefit of the doubt and will just issue a refund." .. this will go a long way! imagine what the consumer is thinking when they read this ... Even the guilty businesses with real customer service issues will look responsive (like a hero) and, hopefully, will get tired of making refunds and change their ways. Yes, this has always been one of the main goals of Rip-off Report.

EVEN IF YOU ARE NOT A BUSINESS = YOU ARE AN INDIVIDUAL WITH A REPORT(S) FILED AGAINST YOU? ....

Even if you are an individual and might have pissed off someone in the past, you need to do what you have to to just make it right with them. Like we stated above, ... just give them the benefit of the doubt ... file a rebuttal to the nasty Report about you, state that you had made a mistake in the past and explain how you've contacted (or are contacting if the rebuttal is your sole method of contact) the author of the report to make things right with them. You can also state -- that you don't blame them for being upset with you. ... NOW, ... if you stated something like that on that nasty Report about you, ... after someone is looking you up on the Internet and reads what you wrote (what we've suggested here), ... please tell me, who would not want to do business with someone who took care of a situation like this! ?? We know it works -- from dead beat dads who did not pay child support to the business that actually ripped someone off ... they just show how they made things right. - You have to admit, if you read a complaint that way, you too would now trust that business. We are told this all the time by businesses. People who once threatened us, cursed us out and even businesses that sued us and lost (like they all do) .. they all say to us, they should have handles it this way from the very beginning as we've suggested to you hear in this email.

Rip-off Report did not invent the Internet,

and with or without Rip-off Report you would be blogged about your business or just you personally -- and again I say, ... this IS the 21st Century ... True or false or partly false, right or wrong, .we will all be blogged!

Because so many people just don't get the concept that we know works so well .... I must reiterate...

FACT: Businesses that admit they may have made a mistake, give their customer the benefit of the doubt, and show how they took care of the complaint. ... TELL ME, what consumer would not want to do business with them. Even if the complaint is totally false but the customer feels in their heart that they were wronged in some way, you can turn that around by explaining what you know in a nice way, maybe getting them to still do business with you by replacing the product, or the sales person, agent etc. ....If handled correctly, you will turn a negative into a positive.. Either way... The Internet is here to stay, and the tides have turned for the benefit of the consumer.BIG BUSINESSES with lots of money is no longer in control. ... This will not change.

Rip-off Report is thanked all the time

by businesses that first said, "this will not work, you are full-of-it!" ... Most Businesses admitted after doing what we suggested, they now get business from the Report, new found business they would have never had if the Rip-off Report did not exist.

Those of you that have many complaints and need more help can always look into Rip-off Report's Corporate Advocacy, Business Remediation and Customer Satisfaction Program... a long name for a program that does a lot for both the consumer and businesses alike.

AGAIN, YOU CAN FILE A REBUTTAL(S) FOR FREE

We DO NOT author the Reports. Consider yourself lucky the customer did not make up some sucks.com website on your company located in some 3rd world country where you could not respond to the charges like you can on Rip-off Report. We think if you handle your response in the correct way, that will say it all, and in your favor, turning that negative into a positive, taking the high road.

If a Report is responded to properly, any half intelligent consumer will know what kind of company or individual you are...

The nicer you are, the more you turn around the possible negativity of a Rip-off Report. We live in the Internet age. Unless Al Gore pulls the plug on the internet, we are all stuck with it. :-) Deal with it, and show what a good business or business person you are: put your best foot forward, go beyond the call of good customer service, then the Rip-off Report will work as a positive advertisement you will want ALL your customers to see. Better yet, Rip-off Report is a lot cheaper than those costly full page ads in the paper, advertisement on the Internet or on TV. Once you see this is working as a positive for your company, maybe you will think about donating some of those advertising dollars. As you will see, Rip-off Report WILL GET YOU NEW FOUND BUSINESS, if, but only IF, you handle the Report in a positive way. Anyone thinking of coming after Rip-off Report (filing a lawsuit) will get nowhere and will only, more than likely, get even more bad publicity, because that lawsuit is public information.

Rip-off Report has no way of determining whether you or the author of the report is telling the truth. We encourage you to post a rebuttal explaining your side of the story, but we have a uniform policy against removing reports posted by consumers.

I know at this point you don't want to hear it, but... here are more reasons Why WE DO NOT Remove any Rip-off Reports:

If we remove a Rip-off Report, we would be no better than the BBB. Although we do not remove reports, we do provide for the Author of the Report an UPDATE feature that allows the Author of the Report to supply additional positive or negative information regarding your business dealings.

Do what's right - or, what about going beyond the call of good customer service. The consumer will be surprised and post your response - - you won't have to worry about them saying anything bad.. just show that you understand their point, and make it right with them..!

YOU MUST UNDERSTAND OUR PHILOSOPHY:

If Rip-off Report removed a Report every time a business threatened, consumers would be back to where they were before. There would be no history of how the business took care of past problems. This Report on the business or individual can work as a positive or as a promotional tool if they respond properly and do the right thing by taking care of their customer. Consumers will see this and will want to do business with them in spite of what has been written about them. ...

That is why we supply a REBUTTAL feature so that the company reported has a chance to respond by agreeing, disagreeing, or apologizing and explaining what will be done to fix the issue.

By allowing consumers to view the original report, updates, and rebuttals, consumers will be able to make informed and educated decisions. This is mainly because consumers will be able to see how the company in question deals with complaints. All business get them from time to time.

Regardless, as a matter of policy, we do not remove a submitted Rip-off Report, and we never will. Some people claim that we remove reports for money, but that is just plain false. We have been offered as much as $50,000 to remove just one Rip-off Report, but we declined because doing so is in violation of our policy, and more importantly, goes against what we what we stand for ... Please understand our position.

Remember, all businesses will get complaints ... ALL! ... as stated above, at least file a rebuttal that is pleasant and, if you wish, mention that you support this forum and freedom of speech -- even if you disagree with what was said. Whining to consumers about how bad and unfair Rip-off Report is will only sour their opinion of you.

Also tell what the situation was at the time the Report was posted, even if it's a long time a ago and how you made improvements to your company to avoid this and similar things from happening again, and other positive comments about your company ... that is free. You can turn that negative into a positive! Consumers are probably finding your business on search engines that would never even know about you! If handled correctly, this can come permanent positive advertisement! ....

You may have not mentioned it, but, we know it's always in everyone's mind that they want to sue us -- usually it's the dishonest companies that cannot admit wrong doing and could never change their ways that threaten to sue us..

For those who are thinking of suing...

http://www.ripoffrep...poffReport.aspx

For those of you who are a business only and have many Reports filed against them, read the following...

Those of you that have too many complaints and need more help can always look into Rip-off Report's Corporate Advocacy, Business Remediation and Customer Satisfaction Program ... a long name for a program that does a lot for both the consumer and businesses alike. This is a program that gives consumers confidence in doing business with you or your business.
• This program changes the negative listings on search engines into a positive along with all the Reports on Rip-off Report .... (Reports are never deleted).
• As a condition of joining this program, the Reported business allows us to email everyone who filed a complaint that the business has contacted Rip-off Report and wants to make things right . This weeds out false Reports and shows your commitment to your customers and is later Reported in our findings about your company we post to every Report about your business.
• You must live up to your stated commitments through our program requirements.
• Read about this program and how it changes all the negative into a positive - fill out our Corporate Advocacy Program intake form.

http://www.ripoffrep...teAdvocacy.aspx

This program now includes - Rip-off Report Verified

Verified Safe

Click the above link to see how businesses use this to their benefit. =

Do a Google search for companies like:

One Stop Motors

The Tax Club

Those are just some of the hundreds of examples of our members...

We're always open for suggestions and improvements to our programs, even if we don't agree with you... :-)

ED Magedson - Founder
EDitor@ripoffreport.com
www.ripoffreport.com

Edited by PennyAuctionWatch, 01 February 2010 - 05:09 PM.

Follow us on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!

Shenanigans
  • Shenanigans
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • 1,086 posts

Yes. As is outlined in the link I provided, you can sue the content author, but not the website, for defamation.
DO WHAT'S RIGHT, NOT WHAT'S EASY

Shenanigans
  • Shenanigans
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • 1,086 posts

Amanda, Do not sweat this, it is a classic case of the crook blaming the cop for his troubles, regardless your sites content and loyal membership speaks for it self. When you are on Top someone always wants to knock you down, trust me I know it all too well, all I can say is keep up the hard and always ethical work you do, you are greatly appreciated.

Very well said!

BTW is right, people and businesses (who are normally ran by people) who lack the drive and ambition to build their own empire, get lured into attempting to knock down whoever is "bigger" than they are.

There is an illusion that happens when you are the 2nd tallest building, and you demolish the tallest. Luckily, this tactic rarely works, and almost never survives in the long-run. People and businesses who lack those values rarely put the hard-work into their own foundation.
DO WHAT'S RIGHT, NOT WHAT'S EASY

rockybiduser
  • rockybiduser
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Ideally ripoffreport and PAW are commited for the same issue .But looks like ripoffreport is making it too dificult for us to put rebuttal .I already have an account and trying to find a way to post my findings there.Otherwise I will goto another similar site and file a report against ripoffreport that they are biased to take them their own medicine.

Clummie
  • Clummie
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

One rebuttal got through.... However not the ones we are looking for. Oh and most of the members are scammers too. Some of their accusations do not even make sense. Whatever, keep on bidding and posting!!

Bargainsandfun
  • Bargainsandfun
  • Members
  • 546 posts

just read the wiki from wikipedia

http://en.wikipedia....i/Ripoff_Report

I like that they call it "the National Enquirer antidote to the Better Business Bureau"

But hey - it's got some use right - I wasted an hour or so on it - think of all the money you saved trying to post a rebuttle instead of bidding!

scapril
  • scapril
  • Members
  • 706 posts

I also perused some of the other "reports"... all I can say is that there are some really low-class people out there posting stuff. Seems like if anyone ticks you off, you can use the site to scribble graffitti on their web-based bathroom wall.

just read the wiki from wikipedia

http://en.wikipedia....i/Ripoff_Report

I like that they call it "the National Enquirer antidote to the Better Business Bureau"

But hey - it's got some use right - I wasted an hour or so on it - think of all the money you saved trying to post a rebuttle instead of bidding!

I think that may have given us an answer to why we can't publish rebuttals:
"Though not required by the CDA, anyone who feels a Ripoff Report has not gotten the facts straight, or has otherwise mischaracterized a person's activities, can file a Rebuttal to the initial Report. Such Rebuttals are free but are published at Ripoff Report's discretion."
~be nice or go home~

candy
  • candy
  • Members
  • 2,195 posts

I just e-mailed support & wrote this:

I posted a rebuttal yesterday but it is still not there?
Report: #562294 Would you please check on this? I noticed there is an employee comment posted there already. Do those post faster than rebuttals?

Thank you

I will let you know when or if I get a response. I don't have any problems logging in or filing a report, so this is definitely weird :frown: Just can't get it posted lol

rwb63
  • rwb63
  • Members
  • 743 posts

PAW I wouldn't worry about it, just another pissed off person trying to cause trouble.
One of the quotes they are using is mine, which is a joke in it's self because if they read more, they would also see I have ripped zoozle in the zoozle thread.

There is no way most people would believe that garbage all people need to do is read PAW to see we are real bidders just by the disagreements between us all.
Most with common sense can read PAW and see this RipoffReport is garbage

Edited by rwb63, 01 February 2010 - 09:06 PM.

Live2Bid
  • Live2Bid
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Scapril just pointed this out to me:

http://www.ripoffrep....ch-c-4dcae.htm

I signed up just a few minutes ago and I am trying to submit a rebutal against this and the site keeps taking me back to the Login screen. I cannot post anything on RipoffReport.

Has anyone else had this problem. I can feel steam blowing out of my ears.:cuss:

They didn't even do the live2bid right. They put live2bids....idiots!

We are definitely dealing with someone who has been found out via PennyAuctionWatch and is attempting to smear us all, but the honest will prevail as we always do!

Hang in there Amanda, this will pass.

Greg
Live2Bid OWNER!
  • scapril likes this

Bargainsandfun
  • Bargainsandfun
  • Members
  • 546 posts

Since we all know that this site is a scam has anyone thought about e-mailing calling or contacting the companies advertising on this site.

E-mailing them telling them that since they are supporting a site that is a sure fire scam that we will in no way use ANY of their products. And that until the advertising is removed and cancelled we will continue to tell our friends family and everyone that we meet that they should also boycott the products produced by that company.

When you want to play dirty go after the wallet first - Then go after the reputation!

And isn't there something on this site somewhere that says you can't copy and paste information from here to other places. Which I'm sure if you contact the host and tell them that its a copyright VIOLATION and that it was posted here first and then copied and pasted to the other site without the site owners permission the HOST should just shut them down if they don't remove it.

I'm still looking at other possible places to Hit em- but lets just hit em where it hurts most - The wallet!

monikab
  • monikab
  • Members
  • 834 posts

hi amanda

i am sorry to say this but this is only the beginning !!! anybody who fights scammers will go through a lot of BS .

the good part about it is normally this ripoff report will not hurt you !!

it makes you mad but i do not believe that this will be the last one . there will be other scammers who will attack you and your site .

as for me i am on your site . i tried to post a rebuttal but it will not let me log in . i got a password and everytime i click on file a rebuttal it gets me back on the sign in page .

monika

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users