bots centy24 scam shill

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

dotheadaj
  • dotheadaj
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Hello, everyone! I am new to the penny auction circuit, and I'm so glad to have just joined Penny Auction Watch!

That being said, I just won 30 credits on Centy24.com and used them ALL on a Samsung phone. I lost, and I believe the auction is still going on with a user who seems to have unlimited bids. Is this what you call a shill bidder or an autobot on the site? It clearly seems like there's some dishonesty going on here. Of course, I'm probably mentioning something that all of you already know! Any advice from the veterans is much appreciated!

dragon ball
  • dragon ball
  • Members
  • 2,174 posts

Hi I just looked into the site myself and I never seen this site before it must be new one. Also I looked into the past auctions on this site but I don't see any Users Name from this forum unless everyone has different User Name on each site. The Samsung Cell Phone has retail value of $630 so I wouldn't be surprise if the auction price do go little high.

Hello, everyone! I am new to the penny auction circuit, and I'm so glad to have just joined Penny Auction Watch!

That being said, I just won 30 credits on Centy24.com and used them ALL on a Samsung phone. I lost, and I believe the auction is still going on with a user who seems to have unlimited bids. Is this what you call a shill bidder or an autobot on the site? It clearly seems like there's some dishonesty going on here. Of course, I'm probably mentioning something that all of you already know! Any advice from the veterans is much appreciated!

Edited by dragon ball, 10 February 2010 - 11:10 PM.

PennyAuctionWatch
  • PennyAuctionWatch
  • PAW Founder
  • Administrators
  • 6,091 posts

Centy24 is actually pretty old, I remember seeing it early 2009. I'll take a look at it some more.

Edited by PennyAuctionWatch, 10 February 2010 - 11:54 PM.

I believe that the more penny auction bidders that come together and post their honest experiences, exposing the shady-scam penny auction sites, the less and less shady-scam sites will stop being the majority in the penny auction industry. Stand with me.

Penny Auction News, Reviews, Directory & Discussion!
Follow us on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!

To the Scam Artists: Enough is Enough

suzyq
  • suzyq
  • Members
  • 3,109 posts

Just tried Centy24 and I would bet just about anything that they have some shill bidding going on there. I was bidding against 1 other bidder and as soon as my bids ran out (which were free...they give you 1 free bid every day that you sign in and I've been doing it for several weeks) a third bidder "suddenly" jumped in. Very, very suspicious!! Be careful!!

caveninit
  • caveninit
  • Members
  • 2,554 posts

I experienced the exact same thing Suzy. Not going to bother buying bids

SavvyAussie
  • SavvyAussie
  • Members
  • 515 posts

Just glanced at the past 30 auctions. I do recognize jollygreen as a bidding name I've seen before.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bots, centy24, scam, shill

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users