Background Image

Site Promos, Stay or Go?

Started by PennyAuctionWatch , Feb 14 2010 09:58 PM

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you like having updates from site owners? (8 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you like having updates from site owners?

1. Yes (8 votes [100.00%])

Percentage of vote: 100.00%

2. No (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

PennyAuctionWatch
  • PennyAuctionWatch
  • PAW Founder
  • Administrators
  • 6,091 posts

Many members have e-mailed since we sent out the e-mail about disallowing site updates/promotions/news specific to sites including daily auctions, the members that have e-mailed tell us that they like this part of PAW, so we are considering keeping discussion from site owners, but limiting this to another section & leaving it out of the latest posts section. What do you think? Do you like reading about the daily auctions/promos here on the forum from penny auction sites?

I believe that the more penny auction bidders that come together and post their honest experiences, exposing the shady-scam penny auction sites, the less and less shady-scam sites will stop being the majority in the penny auction industry. Stand with me.

Penny Auction News, Reviews, Directory & Discussion!
Follow us on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!

To the Scam Artists: Enough is Enough

rockybiduser
  • rockybiduser
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 359 posts

I think we get most of the time important and interesting info from site owner.Sometime it goes out of hand and they put non trivial stuff to get their thread up.This thing should be self regulated or a little reprimand from PAW admin will do. Overall I like the info from them.

BidPigs Boss
  • BidPigs Boss
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 450 posts

I'll throw out my 2 cents as a bidder/reader and as an upcoming owner.

I really had no problem with the old system, with the only exception being that I think that there should be more moderation involved when PA owners "highjack" other threads. I do think that it gets a little old when the PA owners post the same basic info in the PA owner board and the Site discussion board. So to that end:

I would suggest that you re-create a PA owners board and then regulate the PA owners to posting the "upcoming specials, auctions, etc" in the Site Owners board. Any site updates, problems, etc should go here. You will have to come up with a fitting punishment for violation of these rules, such as :7: or maybe even :13:so that PA owners know if they mess

with PAW they will end up :15:

PA owners could still respond to PA site discussion board, but should only comment on other comments, not post news and specials there, if that makes sense? This way bidders can discuss the good, bad and ugly of sites without reading all the upcoming news in between.

:piggy:

bella
  • bella
  • Members
  • 1,376 posts

I go to the sites every day to see what's up for auction, but I also come to PAW. I like to see what site owners have to say, and I like (for the most part) the feedback from other members. It gives us a chance to say hi to each other or say congrats after a win. I agree though, the "hijacking" part sux!

Barbarian
  • Barbarian
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 219 posts

As the owner of a PA site (Some will probably know my site name) I have innadvertently hijacked a thread in the past for which I am profoundly sorry. it was unintentional. I do agree, its not right to hijack threads especially so if it is deliberately done..

Having said that, the PAW site can be confusing as to post what, where, it is a bit convoluted, especially for a newcommer which was the case with me at the time. I know Amanda (PAW OWNER) is trying her best to please everyone.

Here's my 2 cents worth as a site owner.... PA sites should be allowed to post specials and promotions on PAW in an area designated just for PA sites. Rabideagle and others made some sound points.

If a PAW site user wishes to respond with a question to a site owners post, such as a promotion etc, they should do it through that particular sites "CONTACT US" feature instead of asking an open question on PAW.

The reason I say ask their question through the sites "Contact Us" feature is, all to often the question being asked, is done in such a way that it is turned into a PUBLIC challenge or critique posted on PAW of the site owner, when all the PA site was doing was announcing a promotion in an area that they are allowed to do so.. This after all, should not be a contest between PA sites and those that use them.

By all means, PAW members should continue to give good or negative feedback about a PA site, but their comments should also show good judgement. All too often people submit posts that are negative about a site when in reality the person submitting the negative post just wants to seem important on the forum without considering how much unnecessary grief they are causing.

I have had that happen regarding my site, so much so that I have asked PAW to remove the offending post because it was a blatent lie. The person in question posted a negative comment about bidding on our siteand they were not even a registered member. The way we are set up, this is not possible, yet others could unknowingly believe them and avoid the site.

While I readily admit that many PA site owners are misguided into believing that it is a snap to start a PA site and should never be involved in managing a business of any kind, I think to be fair all around, PAW members should not consider it OPEN SEASON to post anything and everything they feel about a site.

Even though it is everyones right to state an opinion, at least they should be correct and fair with their comments, especially so when many times they themselves may not be qualified to state an opinion on a subject that they know little or nothing about.

It should also be remembered, rightly or wrongly, PA owners have gone to considerable financial risk and expense to get into the Penny Auction business and it is easy for armchair critics to lambaste them for a whole variety of reasons, instead of giving them encouragement for their efforts in providing a venue for PAW members and non members alike to enjoy themselves and get some great bargains in the process. The PAW Forum cuts both ways.

Critics of PA sites have a distinct advantage when they post criticising remarks about a site, this occurs because the site owners, upon seeing those negative posts, are so paranoid about offending and the fear of losing customers that they all too often appollogize when they may not have been wrong in the first place. If a site owner honestly feels that their intentions are honorable and above board, then they should not be afraid to challenge what they feel are incorrect or hurtful statements about their business. Fair minded people will continue to do business with them.

Many times site owners go overboard, they over react and many times re-vamp their whole auction format and concept based upon the opinion of ONE CRITIC. In my opinion, instead of the critics comments being regarded as gospel by the PA community, I think there are many times the critics should also be challenged on their report and be asked to substantiate what they say to the PAW members whom they are trying to influence, especially so, if others have had a positive experience with a particular site.

The closing remarks I will leave everyone with is, don't be too quick to accept the opinion of others, by all means use their opinions as a guide, but in the final analisys, FIND OUT FOR YOURSELF. Any PA site owner reading this, I welcome them to post their comments.

Edited by Barbarian, 15 February 2010 - 06:01 PM.

If I can't take it with me, then I am not going.

stewartfan
  • stewartfan
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 324 posts

I go to the sites every day to see what's up for auction, but I also come to PAW. I like to see what site owners have to say, and I like (for the most part) the feedback from other members. It gives us a chance to say hi to each other or say congrats after a win. I agree though, the "hijacking" part sux!

I agree, I know some times it may be hard to moderate it all but I am sure there are members here who would volunteer to help you out. I just like being able to hear from the site owners like Bella has said.

PennyAuctionWatch
  • PennyAuctionWatch
  • PAW Founder
  • Administrators
  • 6,091 posts

Thanks for all of your feedback. We think that the way it's set up now it should work out better for everyone.

I believe that the more penny auction bidders that come together and post their honest experiences, exposing the shady-scam penny auction sites, the less and less shady-scam sites will stop being the majority in the penny auction industry. Stand with me.

Penny Auction News, Reviews, Directory & Discussion!
Follow us on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!

To the Scam Artists: Enough is Enough

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users