Started by redcobra1999 , Feb 15 2010 11:07 AM

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

rain2112
  • rain2112
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

I guess from your latest post that you must be the original redcobra on Rockybid. Yeah, a poser won a TV last night (I put in a bid or 2); but just prior to that, the same poser lost to Lightsout on a Double 100 and must have spent about 3X the value of it in the process. That was enough to make me think twice about seriously taking 'em on. I have, however noticed that the other impostor has won several auctions with relatively few bids. That one I will consider taking on!!!

Edited by rain2112, 16 March 2010 - 04:31 AM.
inaccurate information

Hungrynumber
  • Hungrynumber
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 406 posts

What's your username and where do you bid?

Starvin48, at Bid Rodeo exclusively (for now).

redcobra1999
  • redcobra1999
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 312 posts

I guess from your latest post that you must be the original redcobra on Rockybid. Yeah, a poser won a TV last night (I put in a bid or 2); but just prior to that, the same poser lost to Lightsout on a Double 100 and must have spent about 3X the value of it in the process. That was enough to make me think twice about seriously taking 'em on. I have, however noticed that the other impostor has won several auctions with relatively few bids. That one I will consider taking on!!!

Yes, I 'm the real redcobra1999 and it's good that BTW or lightsout know that's the imposter. Must congrats lightsout on the $500 GC last night for kickin' that jumper behind. And rain2112 you have been messing with my try2win account for a few times now :wink:

Starvin48, at Bid Rodeo exclusively (for now).

nvm then, I don't bid at bidrodeo yet just rockybid for now :cool:

rwb63
  • rwb63
  • Members
  • 743 posts

Yes, I 'm the real redcobra1999 and it's good that BTW or lightsout know that's the imposter. Must congrats lightsout on the $500 GC last night for kickin' that jumper behind. And rain2112 you have been messing with my try2win account for a few times now :wink:

There are redcobra's everywhere sad part is bidders like us who have been bidding for some time now each others game.

Lots if jumpers lately but what goes around comes around

redcobra1999
  • redcobra1999
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 312 posts

There are redcobra's everywhere sad part is bidders like us who have been bidding for some time now each others game.

Lots if jumpers lately but what goes around comes around

I got all of them listed. Pay back time bit***s :13:

Hungrynumber
  • Hungrynumber
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 406 posts

..cool. I'm in for the long haul here now, whether I like it or not. :)

realbidtowin
  • realbidtowin
  • Members
  • 2,272 posts

She also took out redc**a19999 the other night at Rocky on a 100/100 that cost him/her at least $500

redcobra1999
  • redcobra1999
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 312 posts

She also took out redc**a19999 the other night at Rocky on a 100/100 that cost him/her at least $500

I guessed he/she must got lucky on that big tv for just a few bids! I thought I saw you or your wife marked on that tv right?

realbidtowin
  • realbidtowin
  • Members
  • 2,272 posts

I guessed he/she must got lucky on that big tv for just a few bids! I thought I saw you or your wife marked on that tv right?

It froze at 20 seconds then ended she was pissed

redcobra1999
  • redcobra1999
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 312 posts

I too experiencing same problem over & over again which is why I don't really wanted to be active @ rocky....

rain2112
  • rain2112
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

And rain2112 you have been messing with my try2win account for a few times now :wink:

Your try2win account???

rain2112
  • rain2112
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

BTW, you have said in the past that when you are bidding, you usually have more than 1 computer running. Does she not do this also? Did she have a recorder running?

I know that I have had some problems with Rockybid also lately; in one case, they were able to verify (in a couple of days) that there was in fact a glitch on the auction in question (even though I had not recorded it) and I got my bids back. Most of the time, Rockybid has been very, very good about checking into such issues for me and have done a fine job of dealing with it. I was not bidding on that auction, but I did see some stuff going on with the counter, and I know that Lightsout was not the only one bidding against the imposter - which really makes me wonder if the issue was on Rockybid's end. If so, they should fix it (provided that a complaint was filed). I'm sure that they also are not happy that the TV went for next to nothing!

Moreover, while watching the auction, I noticed that your wife's bids were going in pretty much at the last second, which is unusual for her. Was she experiencing delays in getting bids to register?

realbidtowin
  • realbidtowin
  • Members
  • 2,272 posts

BTW, you have said in the past that when you are bidding, you usually have more than 1 computer running. Does she not do this also? Did she have a recorder running?

I know that I have had some problems with Rockybid also lately; in one case, they were able to verify (in a couple of days) that there was in fact a glitch on the auction in question (even though I had not recorded it) and I got my bids back. Most of the time, Rockybid has been very, very good about checking into such issues for me and have done a fine job of dealing with it. I was not bidding on that auction, but I did see some stuff going on with the counter, and I know that Lightsout was not the only one bidding against the imposter - which really makes me wonder if the issue was on Rockybid's end. If so, they should fix it (provided that a complaint was filed). I'm sure that they also are not happy that the TV went for next to nothing!

Moreover, while watching the auction, I noticed that your wife's bids were going in pretty much at the last second, which is unusual for her. Was she experiencing delays in getting bids to register?

She was recording the 100/100 auction so was unable to capture the TV. She did report it though, and since no one esle did it sounds like it will stand.

rain2112
  • rain2112
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

I have experienced the same kinds of problems with Rockybid kind of a lot lately. But when I have had problems that were not on my end and have reported them, generally Rocky has been pretty good about rectifying things. And given the number of times they have reversed auctions on me, well, they oughta. Anytime I lose an auction and believe that it is because of technical problems on the other end, I complain. It often pays off. I also recently sent Rockybid support an email discussing some things that I have noted lately, namely, that the Bid Buddy has been inconsistent about the amount of time it adds (sometimes 1 second, sometimes 15) and that the Going...GOING thing sometimes hangs on way too long and sometimes barely flashed before the auction ends. Seems strange to me, and it did happen during the TV auction.

I have to say, that even though Rocky has been pretty good about fixing things when it is not my bad, I have lately become frustrated with the site. One of the major reasons for this frustration is that their bid limits are too high for the number of users. Things are selling for absurd amounts there these days! And I am sure you guys (the real redcobra and BTW, among others) are also not too happy about this. I have sent them a number of messages to this effect..

Edited by rain2112, 16 March 2010 - 07:20 PM.

rain2112
  • rain2112
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

I got all of them listed. Pay back time bit***s :13:

Go, dude, go!!! This should be fun to see...:smilielol5:

rain2112
  • rain2112
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

She was recording the 100/100 auction so was unable to capture the TV. She did report it though, and since no one esle did it sounds like it will stand.

She can let them know that I saw problems with this auction. Send them a link to this thread. They can contact me to verify (I did not complain because I was not bidding, but will vouch for her)

redcobra1999
  • redcobra1999
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 312 posts

Your try2win account???

try2win are one of mine, surprise?

rain2112
  • rain2112
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

try2win are one of mine, surprise?

Thought you could only have 1 account? *huh*

redcobra1999
  • redcobra1999
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 312 posts

Thought you could only have 1 account? *huh*

You could have 2 at rocky with different name of course (same household)

rain2112
  • rain2112
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

You could have 2 at rocky with different name of course (same household)

But it is supposed to be 2 different people (eg, BTW & his wife); the rules explicitly forbid the same person from having 2 accounts...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users