Swipe bids is open live now

Started by dragon ball , Feb 24 2010 12:49 AM

• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

dragon ball
  • dragon ball
  • Members
  • 2,174 posts

Swipe bids is open live now Hi I had live chat with the swipe bids and they are now open. Only thing that happened to me was, they told me to close my first account during the testing period and open a new account with new e-mail address also new user name. I noticed few people had won the items already but, I feel that the price won by these individuals are still using the test credits. I don't know but the prices are so high on the won auctions looks like Swoopo or Snaglo site or something. Either they had stayed testing sites for long time to attract people or I don't know. But I don't think I'm going to bid until I hear how you guys are doing. I don't feel like paying two to three times of the value that can make us stressy. Since they just open so I will keep an eye of the site and hopefully people will have good experience and receive their products. On their banner towards the top you can see the recent finished auction price for some items. Swipebids.com But many sites you never know until how it turns out. Hope for the best to the site and the bidders.

BidOMOP
  • BidOMOP
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Wow, it looks like they spent all of five minutes making their logo and site not look like QuiBids. No information on past auctions? The times changed when I refreshed the page, went from 22 hours to 3 hours. Something is strange. Plus their are tons of bids on items that are not finishing for 20 hours.

Remember the prices here will be much higher because bids are only 10 cents.

BidOMOP
  • BidOMOP
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Just checked again. They started the auctions right away, went from 20 hours to 2 minutes in one refresh.

The bidding is real strange and it appears they are allowing the free bids to be used. I checked with live chat and I believe that is what they told me but I can not be certain because there were more commas than words in the chat.

Bids are actually as low as 35 cents or so with a $500 purchase, they offer a first time buyer 10 bids for a buck and advertise bids as low as 10 cents, which is pretty scuzzy because it is a one time 10 bid buy.

So far the bidding is insane. I think I have seen five different guys put in more than a thousand bids each in half an hour, bidding on every single item listed. Perhaps they are allowing free bids to be used for a day or two so everyone is trying to spend them. If that is the case it is fine conceptually but they should not be taking new customer money if that means you are bidding against a guy who has 5000 bids for free.

Hard to believe a site that is an hour old could be selling a 250 bid pack at over $12 already. They currently have 5 auctions closing in under a minute and if these bids were actual cash bids at around 50 cents each I think every one of those five auctions is showing a nice profit.

Not bad for their first half hour of business. File under suspicious right now. Further investigation needed.

Classified
  • Classified
  • Members
  • 580 posts

I will check...

dragon ball
  • dragon ball
  • Members
  • 2,174 posts

Just for the information it is live and not test mode. I bought 200 bids for pretty low price to start out but there is way too many people and I don't think I could win at the moment. These people bid like there is no tomorrow. I'm going to change my strategy and come back around 2AM to see if I could win. They have some stuff right now and the price is really high due to the people bidding hard. You can live chat on that site so they will tell you that it's live. But man, this is going to be another Zeebids or haggle site for me. I will at least try to win back what I put in and flee out of there.

I will check...

coolguy451
  • coolguy451
  • Members
  • 1,144 posts

Good luck to you guys, I posted my opinions of this site in this thread:

http://www.pennyauct...698&postcount=3

GJ08
  • GJ08
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Good luck to you guys, I posted my opinions of this site in this thread:

http://www.pennyauct...698&postcount=3

I'm getting skeptical of this site as well. Prices are so high. Good thing I only invested $1 :)

candy
  • candy
  • Members
  • 2,195 posts

OMG :smilielol5:Forget Live Chat!! It is all double talk & canned responses.

They don't have a clue what is going on. Let me share my 2 chat sessions & you will see what I mean lol Sorry for the length, but I want you to see how ridiculous this site is. I purchased the smallest bid pack because they told me if I used the promo code, I would receive 500 bids free. I lost the code so I went to live chat to request it. When I made the bid purchase, I did not get an extra 500 bids & there was nowhere to insert the promo code. So off to live chat again. This is what I got.....

Chat Session #1

You are now chatting with 'Falon'
Falon: Welcome to SwipeBids. May I know, whom am I chatting with?
you: Laura
Falon: Hi, how may I assist you today?
you: I purchased bids but there was not a place to insert the promo code??
Falon: That option is still in progress.
Falon: Please try after 2 hours.
you: I just spoke with you & already purchased the bids, so please add the 500 manually so I do not have to purchase bids again
you: You did not tell me in our last chat that I needed to wait for the promo
Falon: I am sorry, that option is not available right now.
you: I know that but you told me about 2 minutes ago in our previous chat to use the code. You did not tell me the promo was not working
you: Why didn't you tell me to wait to purchase bids in our last chat???
Falon: I am sorry, but I have not told you to use it right now.
you: In our last chat I requested the promo code & you gave it to me. You did not tell me to wait, How was I suppose to know the promo code would not work right now???
Falon: You can use it after 2 hours.
you: I know that nut why didn't you inform me to wait & that it was not operational yet?
Falon: I am sorry for that.
you: You made no mention whatsoever that the promo code was currently not working. Wouldn't that be something you would want me to know?
Falon: You can use it after 2 hours.
you: I already made the purchase, so since you did not inform me to wait, you can add the 500 bids to my account manually
Falon: You can get 500 bids later.
you: so I will have to make ANOTHER bid purchase in order to get the 500 promo??
Falon: We will give you the option.
you: what do you mean? I asked if I will have to make ANOTHER bid purchase to receive the 500 promo???
Falon: No, we will give you the option to enter the promo code.
you: with No Bid purchase?
Falon: One moment please.
You: ok
Falon: Right.
you: ok I will try that in 2 hours & see if it works without making another bid purchase
Falon: No need to register again.
Falon: Ok
you: I am already registered
you: so I go to "buy bids" and there will be a place to enter the promo code without making a bid purchase, correct?
Falon: Right.
you: ok I will do that in 2 hours then thank you
Falon: Our developers are working on it, so please contact our live chat service again.
you: so don't try in 2 hours? Wait and ask 1st?
Falon: Exactly.
you: ok will do
you: bye

2nd Chat Session:

Please wait for a site operator to respond.
You are now chatting with 'Justin'
Justin: Welcome to SwipeBids. May I know, whom am I chatting with?
you: Laura
Justin: Ok, how may I assist you?
you: Falcon told me there would be an option available for using the promo code for 500 bids. I do not see it yet?
you: I already purchased bids & informed falcon I did not receive the 500 bonus
Justin: You can use the promo code on Feb 25.
Justin: You will have to re-register.
you: falcon said it would be ready in a couple of hours & that was 6 hrs ago. I was also told to NOT re-register???
Justin: You will have to register on Feb 25 if you wish to use promo code.
Justin: Or, simply register today to participate in bidding without promo code.
you: so are the auctions delayed or are they still in beta testing?
you: also, do I register the same user name, etc? And what happens to the bids I purchased already?
Justin: Testing has been over, please sign up to participate in bidding.
you: same user info?
you: And what happens to the bids I purchased already?
Justin: You can use them today.
you: when I re-register.... Do I submit the same user name, etc? and will the bids I purchased transfer to the newly registered acct?
Justin: You may re-register for new account or use the older one.
Justin: Bids are not transferable.
you: so I do NOT need to re-register?
Justin: You may choose any option from both.
you: so if I use the old acct, all bids in that account are good to use? And I can actually win an item that I bid on?
you: and receive the won item after I pay for it?
you: correct?
Justin: Yes, you are correct.
you: ok and where on the web site can I find current info & updates?
Justin: Keep visiting our website for more information.
you: ok ty

You need a LOTTA Patience to talk to these people. Imagine if you had to resolve a problem with an item you won! :o

mlschlu
  • mlschlu
  • Members
  • 619 posts

Candy, I think you should email Mike: flip4544@hotmail.com

It doesn't sound like the live chat is working very well.

candy
  • candy
  • Members
  • 2,195 posts

Candy, I think you should email Mike: flip4544@hotmail.com

It doesn't sound like the live chat is working very well.

Who is Mike?

mlschlu
  • mlschlu
  • Members
  • 619 posts

Who is Mike?

I believe he is the owner of the site. At least he handled everything in beta testing.

candy
  • candy
  • Members
  • 2,195 posts

I believe he is the owner of the site. At least he handled everything in beta testing.

Ok Thanks :biggriny:

BidOMOP
  • BidOMOP
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Candy, I had the same issue with live chat. Terrible.

As for the site, either it is filled with shill bidders or all the people who had free bids for the test period still have them. What kind of site opens up and within three hours has a half dozen auctions all go for major money. I don't think people even had enough time to purchase all the bids I saw placed.

With regards to honesty, I have a major problem with their promo. When they show the three steps regarding how the auction works Step 1 says buy bids for just 10 cents. Yes, you can buy 10 cent bids. Once. And only 10 bids for a buck. Marketing your site like that take away any credibility you may have. It might be true, but it is clearly very, very dishonest. Any company that markets that way is already starting with a strike against them, and I am very reluctant to give them the benefit of the doubt on anything. Then you tie in the runaround from their live chat.

Caveat emptor.

BAYAREA
  • BAYAREA
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 475 posts

You know what? Candy? I did pretty much same live chat with them like you did. I'm keeping most of the chat I did in the folder, too for incase. It take looooong time to get their reply. I deactivated my previous account as they told me. and re-register and made a new one. But there is no such a place to type in the code. I did the chat again. I ended up had to deactivate my account again and re-register but didn't work at all. But the other person told me to re-register again (3rd time) but the site didn't let me because I used all my e-mail accounts. They said that I can't use the same e-mail address that I already used. I told them I have no more e-mail accounts to use and they told me to make a new e-mail account. :banghead:duh.....and they kept changing their opening day and still changing. I don't know. I have a lot less interest in that site now. I will just see from outside for a while.

Ok Thanks :biggriny:

candy
  • candy
  • Members
  • 2,195 posts

I agree with both of you. After my chat sessions & the different stories you get from one chat to another, I think we should avoid this site like the :piggy: flu!

I used up all my free bids raising the price of a Canon Camera, but other than that, I am done. They should be bending over backwards to give superior customer service & updates on the site. No emails sent with info that inquiring minds want to know :rolleyes:

I give Swipe a Big Fat F- I only recommend using Swipe if you enjoy frustration!

And it is a scary thought for them to have any credit card info :o

Mizshutterbug
  • Mizshutterbug
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 278 posts

Same exact thing happened to me with the Live Chat operator. I have been getting delayed opening dates for 2 weeks. First it was last Monday, the 15th and then yesterday. When I went in I also could not find anywhere to put my promo code for 500 bids so I went back on the live chat. Same vague answers like..."Oh try back in 2 hours" and I go back - nothing has changed. I did not put in my charge card information. When I hit that point in registration and saw no place to put the promo code in I immediately stopped. Am happy now I didn't give them my credit card information yet.

But Laura is right. They are giving scripted answers and it's always in a few hours or a couple days, etc. etc. Blah..blah..blah. I couldn't believe how high things were over there either for just opening up. It's nuts. Even having those 500 promo bids (still unable to use of course as they said try back on the 25th) at the rate things seem to be selling over there, those bids won't last long and I'll still end up with nothing.

Me, for one, will be sitting back and waiting for results here on shipments, etc. I got taken already for $200+ on Bidsticks.com (haven't received a thing!) and am not going to get taken on this site. :36:

Sodaman
  • Sodaman
  • Members
  • 603 posts

A live bot operator. You got to love it! :smilielol5:
Drink in Moderation :-17-:

dragon ball
  • dragon ball
  • Members
  • 2,174 posts

It just opened again one hour ago when I checked prior it was like seven hours to go. The problem that I think I see is: Some people are still using their test bids and bidding and others are actually using the bids they had purchased and trying to win. So if the test bids user wins they get nothing and if the paying user wins they will probably get their items. Only problem is the end auction price will be so high because you have both the tester and the regular bidding at the same time. If everyone had paid already for the bids and tester is out, I don't think they would be crazy like the way they are other wise their bids will be gone right away. I bid already 100 bids last night without any luck. So, I'm going to wait until this site calms down. If the site is no good then my feeling will be like anyone else just either get money back or at least win back what you had put it in and never come back to the site that will cheat on you. The live chat person isn't very clear in her/his English and I don't know if they can comprehend while chatting with you. I had to ask the same question over and over with them and they really are not clear with their answer. I'm not talking garbage about the live chat person. Maybe they are so busy with the live chat perhaps under stress? I don't know the outcome but hopefully things will get smooth soon. Then I don't mind bidding there. As any sites you want to of course start bidding before it's so hard to win and looks like it's already like that thanks to the testers bidding as well.

Same exact thing happened to me with the Live Chat operator. I have been getting delayed opening dates for 2 weeks. First it was last Monday, the 15th and then yesterday. When I went in I also could not find anywhere to put my promo code for 500 bids so I went back on the live chat. Same vague answers like..."Oh try back in 2 hours" and I go back - nothing has changed. I did not put in my charge card information. When I hit that point in registration and saw no place to put the promo code in I immediately stopped. Am happy now I didn't give them my credit card information yet.

But Laura is right. They are giving scripted answers and it's always in a few hours or a couple days, etc. etc. Blah..blah..blah. I couldn't believe how high things were over there either for just opening up. It's nuts. Even having those 500 promo bids (still unable to use of course as they said try back on the 25th) at the rate things seem to be selling over there, those bids won't last long and I'll still end up with nothing.

Me, for one, will be sitting back and waiting for results here on shipments, etc. I got taken already for $200+ on Bidsticks.com (haven't received a thing!) and am not going to get taken on this site. :36:

candy
  • candy
  • Members
  • 2,195 posts

It just opened again one hour ago when I checked prior it was like seven hours to go. The problem that I think I see is: Some people are still using their test bids and bidding and others are actually using the bids they had purchased and trying to win. So if the test bids user wins they get nothing and if the paying user wins they will probably get their items. Only problem is the end auction price will be so high because you have both the tester and the regular bidding at the same time. If everyone had paid already for the bids and tester is out, I don't think they would be crazy like the way they are other wise their bids will be gone right away. I bid already 100 bids last night without any luck. So, I'm going to wait until this site calms down. If the site is no good then my feeling will be like anyone else just either get money back or at least win back what you had put it in and never come back to the site that will cheat on you. The live chat person isn't very clear in her/his English and I don't know if they can comprehend while chatting with you. I had to ask the same question over and over with them and they really are not clear with their answer. I'm not talking garbage about the live chat person. Maybe they are so busy with the live chat perhaps under stress? I don't know the outcome but hopefully things will get smooth soon. Then I don't mind bidding there. As any sites you want to of course start bidding before it's so hard to win and looks like it's already like that thanks to the testers bidding as well.

Well if chat people are stressed it is because Swipe is in no way organized or ready to be open. Perhaps they need to find another job cuz they suck at chat! I got Canned Answers and that is because they do not have the answers. No one seems to know whats going on there. That is not a good start up at all. No updates on the site, no e-mails with updates, nothing. When you read the chat responses I got & many others here received the same "bot" answers, it tells me to run! Have sympathy for your wallet first, then feel sorry for the chat workers. LOL

dragon ball
  • dragon ball
  • Members
  • 2,174 posts

your right Candy, just like yesterday when all the items finished and they had like 16 hours to go so I was going to bid the next day. I just happened to check couple hours later some people won real cheap that kept the site on. It looks like all the items is almost gone again and live chat said that people wanted the auction so they opened last night. It will happen again tonight I believe. Currently, the top row is finishing up and the bottom row says:19hours to go but they will put it up on auction I believe and someone is going to win real cheap again except for us. :36:

Well if chat people are stressed it is because Swipe is in no way organized or ready to be open. Perhaps they need to find another job cuz they suck at chat! I got Canned Answers and that is because they do not have the answers. No one seems to know whats going on there. That is not a good start up at all. No updates on the site, no e-mails with updates, nothing. When you read the chat responses I got & many others here received the same "bot" answers, it tells me to run! Have sympathy for your wallet first, then feel sorry for the chat workers. LOL

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users