Started by dragon ball , Feb 24 2010 12:49 AM

• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

LuckP
  • LuckP
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

I agree with both of you. After my chat sessions & the different stories you get from one chat to another, I think we should avoid this site like the :piggy: flu!

I used up all my free bids raising the price of a Canon Camera, but other than that, I am done. They should be bending over backwards to give superior customer service & updates on the site. No emails sent with info that inquiring minds want to know :rolleyes:

I give Swipe a Big Fat F- I only recommend using Swipe if you enjoy frustration!

And it is a scary thought for them to have any credit card info :o

My experience was even more terrifying. I asked them if the site was live, and when they said it was, I asked why I was allowed to bid with beta testing bids on the live auctions. I also mentioned that I had mistakenly re-registered under another name (since I could not re-register in my original name), and they told me I could bid under either name, and that I could have an unlimited number of accounts and could bid each of those accounts on a single auction. I questioned this, and informed them if I got 10 accounts, and bid on the same auction to make it look like there was a lot of interest, and then suddenly stopped all bidding to give it to one of accounts, I would be scamming other innocent bidders. There reply was that other people could be doing the same thing!! I said that that was tantamount to allowing bidders to be scammed, to which they took offense - I refuse to bid on any site that allows coordinated bidding, tag team bidding, or allowing 1 person to use 10 or more accounts to scam.

candy
  • candy
  • Members
  • 2,195 posts

SwipeBids is the biggest scam I have seen in a long while! I think this thread should be moved to the RED FLAG SECTION!

Maybe we can get one of their chat bots in here to answer some questions for us :-34-: Label that thread: Comedy Central Swipe :smilielol5:

I closed my account today. Personally I think they are all on :23:

BAYAREA
  • BAYAREA
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 475 posts

I agree. That site is really fishy. I was thinking that we can win some of the items a lot, I mean a lot cheaper on other auction sites.

SwipeBids is the biggest scam I have seen in a long while! I think this thread should be moved to the RED FLAG SECTION!

Maybe we can get one of their chat bots in here to answer some questions for us :-34-: Label that thread: Comedy Central Swipe :smilielol5:

I closed my account today. Personally I think they are all on :23:

bella
  • bella
  • Members
  • 1,376 posts

Those must be the wicked :-34-::-34-::-34-: of the WEST!

I'm an east coast bot :)

candy
  • candy
  • Members
  • 2,195 posts

Those must be the wicked :-34-::-34-::-34-: of the WEST!

I'm an east coast bot :)

:smilielol5:

blessnjoe9511
  • blessnjoe9511
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

This site looks too busy to me. I don't know if all bids are by real bidders or bots. I had their page opened all night and auctions on all the items were still going on with only 1 item ending. That's crazy and a little unsettled. I will continue to see what happens.

GJ08
  • GJ08
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

I wouldn't trust this site. It gets 900 page views a day. Their 32" HDTV is currently at $55.09.

http://www.swipebids...hp?prd_id=26546

That's 5509 bids, I'm sensing bots.

EDIT: BTW CAN WE GET A RED FLAG SMILEY FACE THING?

Edited by GJ08, 25 February 2010 - 03:58 PM.

rebecca1973
  • rebecca1973
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

OMG the prices on this site are unreal I gonna use my ten bids and close the account. crazy

dragon ball
  • dragon ball
  • Members
  • 2,174 posts

Has anyone had asked the Swipebids on live chat to see if they are still testers bidding together with regulars? I'm pretty sure there probably is tester bidding still due to the high prices of the items are getting. Of course if you live chat they are going to say everyone is a regular bidder. We really don't know what to believe. I just hope no one will get scammed. I will keep reading this post and few bidders that won couple items I have seen those users on another penny auction sites so they are not bots. But those few user names I haven't seen them on this PAW site as of yet.

PS I didn't know this site is in Red Flag area already. I had to use the PAW search bar to find this thread to add new posts.

Edited by dragon ball, 26 February 2010 - 03:13 AM.

bermaja
  • bermaja
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Take the Kindle. It's a penny auction, has 12 hours left, and is currently priced at $11.15. So you're telling me there have been 1,115 bids on a 3 day old site for an auction that does not end for another half a day????

candy
  • candy
  • Members
  • 2,195 posts

Has anyone had asked the Swipebids on live chat to see if they are still testers bidding together with regulars? I'm pretty sure there probably is tester bidding still due to the high prices of the items are getting. Of course if you live chat they are going to say everyone is a regular bidder. We really don't know what to believe. I just hope no one will get scammed. I will keep reading this post and few bidders that won couple items I have seen those users on another penny auction sites so they are not bots. But those few user names I haven't seen them on this PAW site as of yet.

PS I didn't know this site is in Red Flag area already. I had to use the PAW search bar to find this thread to add new posts.

Talking with live chat is definitely not an option :smilielol5:

Unless you enjoy creating undue stress in your life. If they allow individual users to open 10 accounts & they can use all 10 accounts however they see fit, why chat about it? Scroll down & read the 2 chat sessions I posted on here & I think you'll see that talking to chat is a joke. Their ears are painted on. They don't hear your question & give canned answers.

I might have to go to chat one more time, just to have a little fun :P

candy
  • candy
  • Members
  • 2,195 posts

Here is my last chat session... Just a few minutes ago: :smilielol5:

Please wait for a site operator to respond.
You are now chatting with 'Justin'
Justin: Welcome to SwipeBids. May I know, whom am I chatting with?
you: This is Laura
Justin: Ok, how may I assist you?
you: I closed my account
you: Can I register again?
Justin: Sure.
you: Ok. How many accounts can I have?
Justin: Please go to http://www.swipebids.com/index.php
Justin: And click on Sign Up.
you: ok. How many accounts do you allow for me?
Justin: It's up to you.
you: ok. Any amount I want
Justin: But you need to choose different email id for all.
you: ok
you: what about user name?
you: different too?
Justin: Yes, they must be different.
you: ok. Do I have to use only one acct. per auction?
you: I really want to win!
Justin: No, you can use different account for one auction.
you: so 1 acct in auction only?
you: or can I bid with 2 accts in 1 auction
Justin: Yes, you can bid with 2 accts in 1 auction.
you: ok. great
you: are auctions real yet?
Justin: Yes.
you: ok then I guess I will sign up to win :)
Justin: Ok. Is there anything else I can help you with today?
you: one more thing & I promise no more questions
you: can my friend and I bid on same auction so maybe other people won't want to bid as long?
Justin: Yes, you can.
you: ok thanks for all your help

Like I said before, these people are on :23: :smilielol5:

dragon ball
  • dragon ball
  • Members
  • 2,174 posts

I just checked my credit card activity and guess what? that darn site swipebids charged my credit card when it's suppose to be a free 500 bids one when I enter the code for it. Now I got a 150 dollars charged and the live chat said the two nights ago they wouldn't charge it and start all over with new user name. There you have it. I'm going to call my credit card company and dispute them that they charged my credit card and lie to me. :mad: Dragon is breathing fire now!!!

PS I think others should check their credit card recent activity as well for precautions.
Updated information: Just got off live chat and they said too bad we won't credit your credit card. Well, first thing tomorrow they won't hear from me anymore but perhaps, BBB, Consumer Affairs and Federal Trade Commissions.!!!! And more people will get scammed by them if we don't stop them now!!

Here is my last chat session... Just a few minutes ago: :smilielol5:

Like I said before, these people are on :23: :smilielol5:

Edited by dragon ball, 26 February 2010 - 05:24 AM.

BAYAREA
  • BAYAREA
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 475 posts

SwipeBids is a Scam!! They charge me which I purchased during the testing mode. :-27-: I did the live chat every time I purchased the bids even the testing mode to make sure. They said they not gonna charge us anything. I just did the live chat again and told them to cancel those charges and they are just keep saying "I'm sorry we don't do refund". "
Don't worry your account is already closed so we not gonna charge you anymore." Of course!!! they can't charge me anymore but b4 that they already charged me!! So stupid. :13: "We inform every users that we charge for it and we don't give any free bids away". Please Be careful!!! I'm gonna call my credit company from now to disputes those charges. Hope it works.
I should have listen to you, Candy.:36:

I just checked my credit card activity and guess what? that darn site swipebids charged my credit card when it's suppose to be a free 500 bids one when I enter the code for it. Now I got a 150 dollars charged and the live chat said the two nights ago they wouldn't charge it and start all over with new user name. There you have it. I'm going to call my credit card company and dispute them that they charged my credit card and lie to me. :mad: Dragon is breathing fire now!!!

PS I think others should check their credit card recent activity as well for precautions.
Updated information: Just got off live chat and they said too bad we won't credit your credit card. Well, first thing tomorrow they won't hear from me anymore but perhaps, BBB, Consumer Affairs and Federal Trade Commissions.!!!! And more people will get scammed by them if we don't stop them now!!

candy
  • candy
  • Members
  • 2,195 posts

I am truly sorry about what those thieves did to you both!!!! :mad:

I would not give them my credit card. Instead I used a gift card. If they must have a credit card, I would rather they be limited as to how much they can rip me off. Until you feel comfortable with a PA, try using a Visa or Mastercard gift card, instead of your other credit cards. Just an idea :)

BAYAREA
  • BAYAREA
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 475 posts

I didn't know that they accept gift cards. That's a great idea, Candy. Thank you. will do.:15:

I would not give them my credit card. Instead I used a gift card. If they must have a credit card, I would rather they be limited as to how much they can rip me off. Until you feel comfortable with a PA, try using a Visa or Mastercard gift card, instead of your other credit cards. Just an idea :)

caveninit
  • caveninit
  • Members
  • 2,554 posts

That's what I do..I use a Visa or MC gift card through Paypal.
I'm sorry you guys are getting charged for those bids...hope you get your money back.

Mizshutterbug
  • Mizshutterbug
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 278 posts

Go to the Swipe Bids site. I just signed up yesterday and ALSO got the 500 free bids but ALSO gave them my credit card number. I haven't been charged yet, but guess what? There is NO MORE live chat and NO contact phone number listed on the site!! Nothing! I wanted a printout of a conversation concerning the 500 free bids to be given with one of the operators but there is no one there!! I am trying to remember which credit card I used...sounds terrible...but I have several. I am so ticked that they will do the same thing to me if they are doing it to everyone else. And we cannot even edit our information (c.c.) over there. I noticed that when I signed up. Thought it strange. All those people bidding away and they'll never get their stuff I bet and BidSwipes is collecting a ton of money. This is terrible!!!!! What can we all do? Should I immediately deactivate my account?

Yesterday I was bidding on an auction and the timer was down to seconds then all of a sudden it changed to 24 hours later! I used 100 Autobids on it and so wrote the support live chat. She said oh we will credit your account with the 100 bids you used within 48 hours. And they'll probably CHARGE me. So again, should I go in and immediately deactivate my account???? :mad:

Mizshutterbug
  • Mizshutterbug
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 278 posts

I am so angry at these people I typed in the wrong name. Sorry everyone. :mad:

Sodaman
  • Sodaman
  • Members
  • 603 posts

This site looks like their using bots. No legitimate site opens with all expensive items unless they have $20,000+ start up cash. I would pulled out and cancel any charges made to this site. :mad:
Drink in Moderation :-17-:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users