Started by dragon ball , Feb 24 2010 12:49 AM

• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

Mizshutterbug
  • Mizshutterbug
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 278 posts

SwipeBids is a Scam!! They charge me which I purchased during the testing mode. :-27-: I did the live chat every time I purchased the bids even the testing mode to make sure. They said they not gonna charge us anything. I just did the live chat again and told them to cancel those charges and they are just keep saying "I'm sorry we don't do refund". "
Don't worry your account is already closed so we not gonna charge you anymore." Of course!!! they can't charge me anymore but b4 that they already charged me!! So stupid. :13: "We inform every users that we charge for it and we don't give any free bids away". Please Be careful!!! I'm gonna call my credit company from now to disputes those charges. Hope it works.
I should have listen to you, Candy.:36:

What was the name charged on your credit card bill?? I am contacting my 3 credit cards now but I need a name to go with the possible impending charge. Can you help? Thanks.

candy
  • candy
  • Members
  • 2,195 posts

What was the name charged on your credit card bill?? I am contacting my 3 credit cards now but I need a name to go with the possible impending charge. Can you help? Thanks.

If you are charged, it will be listed as SwipeBids. The phone # and live chat goes 1st & then the site will vanish. Just be sure to contact your credit card company if you are charged & file an unauthorized charge complaint. They will send you paperwork to fill out & I seriously doubt if this would go in Swipe's favor.

Yes! I would cancel my account immediately & take screen shots of all you can so u have proof of when you closed your acct. Any info you have will be helpful. Good Luck!!!

Mizshutterbug
  • Mizshutterbug
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 278 posts

If you are charged, it will be listed as SwipeBids. The phone # and live chat goes 1st & then the site will vanish. Just be sure to contact your credit card company if you are charged & file an unauthorized charge complaint. They will send you paperwork to fill out & I seriously doubt if this would go in Swipe's favor.

Yes! I would cancel my account immediately & take screen shots of all you can so u have proof of when you closed your acct. Any info you have will be helpful. Good Luck!!!

Thanks Candy for your answer. I closed my account on Swipebids but didn't think to do screen shots. DRATS! I am too new to all this stuff. I called one charge card company and disabled that card. Nothing had been charged yet. However I am not sure if that is the card I used. I cannot believe how stupid I am sometimes by not keeping records of credit cards used on these various sites. Doggone it. Well I emailed my other c.c. company and the third one I cannot even get to speak to a live rep! Automated robots for responses! Grrrr!

candy
  • candy
  • Members
  • 2,195 posts

Thanks Candy for your answer. I closed my account on Swipebids but didn't think to do screen shots. DRATS! I am too new to all this stuff. I called one charge card company and disabled that card. Nothing had been charged yet. However I am not sure if that is the card I used. I cannot believe how stupid I am sometimes by not keeping records of credit cards used on these various sites. Doggone it. Well I emailed my other c.c. company and the third one I cannot even get to speak to a live rep! Automated robots for responses! Grrrr!

It is maddening isn't it? LOL

Just remember, if you are charged, you can dispute the charges if they show up. Good luck & get a rolodex card file or something! LOL I like to also keep info outside of the computer... never know when it will come in handy :)

Mizshutterbug
  • Mizshutterbug
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 278 posts

It is maddening isn't it? LOL

Just remember, if you are charged, you can dispute the charges if they show up. Good luck & get a rolodex card file or something! LOL I like to also keep info outside of the computer... never know when it will come in handy :)

Candy - I decided to just close my 3 c.c. accounts and start over. So whatever sites I do decide to play on in the future will all be coming out of ONE new account I opened beginning of this week with ONE debit card. Also the idea of using gift cards is a good idea. I just cannot believe I was so silly in not writing down which card I selected on that awful site. Well I feel really sorry for all the folks on Swipebids that think they are winning these items, paying all the money that Swipebids seems to be getting for them and then probably not receiving anything at all. You are correct...when the live chat and phone number suddenly disappear I don't think that is a good sign of a legit site. Thanks for all your help Candy. Linda

winno
  • winno
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Just out of curiosity what made everyone use this site to begin with? There's a plethora of payment processing services out there with good reputations to act as a trusted go between. Does the fact the want your card details directly not ring major alarm bells?

This is why I can't wait for the PAW seal of approval, we really do need a bar to be set for everyone to work towards and for it to be obvious who's reached it or is genuinely trying.

bermaja
  • bermaja
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Fwiw, their live chat is back running. I have such fun with them. You need to click contact us. The phone number is gone, just an email or live chat. I don't think thei rlive chat is active 24 hours a day which may explain why it disappeared.

BTW, this is the guy that posed about Swipebids originally here:

Posted Image 02-04-2010, 04:18 PM
swipebids Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image Testers Needed For SwipeBids
Hello,

We are almost ready to launch, we have done extensive testing on our own and are now in need of the final tests. You can go to swipebids.com right now and fill in false data to become a member and receive some bids, there is nothing being charged right now as we are only in testing phases. There are multiple auctions running, and you can bid with the points that you have. No products will be provided if you win, as we are just in our testing phases still. However, if you do testing for us we will provide you with 50 Bids immediately after we go live, I will require you to provide me with your information.

We only need about 10-15 Beta Testers, please contact me if you are interested flip4544@hotmail.com

Thanks,
Mike

Posted Image

candy
  • candy
  • Members
  • 2,195 posts

Candy - I decided to just close my 3 c.c. accounts and start over. So whatever sites I do decide to play on in the future will all be coming out of ONE new account I opened beginning of this week with ONE debit card. Also the idea of using gift cards is a good idea. I just cannot believe I was so silly in not writing down which card I selected on that awful site. Well I feel really sorry for all the folks on Swipebids that think they are winning these items, paying all the money that Swipebids seems to be getting for them and then probably not receiving anything at all. You are correct...when the live chat and phone number suddenly disappear I don't think that is a good sign of a legit site. Thanks for all your help Candy. Linda

Hi Linda :) I'm glad you have worked it out! There is one draw back to using a gift card... you can't file a dispute, but at least it limits the amount they can get from you.

Chat is still available. When somebody said it was gone, I checked & they were there bot chatting away :rolleyes:

bermaja
  • bermaja
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Be careful with cancelling credit cards though, it can hurt your credit score (if you're in the U.S. that is)

dragon ball
  • dragon ball
  • Members
  • 2,174 posts

Hi, here is the phone number that showed up on my online credit card statement: 1-866-3893870 UT I called them and told to credit my card and they said will give me a e-mail back with in one week to let you know since manager isn't here. Will good luck to others more people complain since they are not being honest then more chance that they can start their site clean again. I'm certainly have no plans to go back even with my 500 free bids they give to me since they lied on the live chat and charged my credit card. :mad:

candy
  • candy
  • Members
  • 2,195 posts

Hi, here is the phone number that showed up on my online credit card statement: 1-866-3893870 UT I called them and told to credit my card and they said will give me a e-mail back with in one week to let you know since manager isn't here. Will good luck to others more people complain since they are not being honest then more chance that they can start their site clean again. I'm certainly have no plans to go back even with my 500 free bids they give to me since they lied on the live chat and charged my credit card. :mad:

Dragon, do not wait for Swipe to respond to you!!! File a dispute with your credit card company like Yesterday!!!!! Don't chance it! :wink:

candy
  • candy
  • Members
  • 2,195 posts

Well, I said the only problem with using a gift card is that you cannot file a dispute. NOT SO! I found out you have to contact the merchant 1st & if they do not refund, you CAN file a dispute! :)

dragon ball
  • dragon ball
  • Members
  • 2,174 posts

Thanks Candy I will not wait for the scammers to scam me more. Man, that laser guy sure is on my tail and don't want to give up. Oh, well he/she will feel when the end result comes and say what happened to all my bids? Oh never mind he/she pulled out of the auction. ;)

Dragon, do not wait for Swipe to respond to you!!! File a dispute with your credit card company like Yesterday!!!!! Don't chance it! :wink:

Edited by dragon ball, 27 February 2010 - 02:27 AM.

Mizshutterbug
  • Mizshutterbug
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 278 posts

Thanks for the number is case I need it. Well I deactivated my account at Swipebids this morning, lost all the 500 bids left over there but don't care. Any auction that starts out cheating its customers by doing unauthorized charges is not someone I want to deal with. Thanks for the information and sorry you had to go through this. I didn't get my card charged yet but actually I didn't close out the credit card accounts. Just reported a possible fraud and they are issuing me new numbers and another card. I hope it doesn't hurt my credit rating which is very high. Never even thought about that. Is it just went you completely cancel an account I wonder or keep the account but get a new card?

Edited by Mizshutterbug, 27 February 2010 - 04:09 AM.

dragon ball
  • dragon ball
  • Members
  • 2,174 posts

Several years ago, I noticed there was a charge on my credit card and I called to let my credit card company know there was a charge on my card. I dispute the charge over the phone, they sent me a letter and I fill it out the information that someone stole my number. I changed my card number right away requesting new card but same company. Meantime I waited for a new card, I just use my other credit card for a back up. It's good to keep at least two credit card for emergency.

Thanks for the number is case I need it. Well I deactivated my account at Swipebids this morning, lost all the 500 bids left over there but don't care. Any auction that starts out cheating its customers by doing unauthorized charges is not someone I want to deal with. Thanks for the information and sorry you had to go through this. I didn't get my card charged yet but actually I didn't close out the credit card accounts. Just reported a possible fraud and they are issuing me new numbers and another card. I hope it doesn't hurt my credit rating which is very high. Never even thought about that. Is it just went you completely cancel an account I wonder or keep the account but get a new card?

candy
  • candy
  • Members
  • 2,195 posts

Not to worry :) If you get a new # that has positively NO negative affect on your credit rating. CC companies recommend replacing if lost, stolen, etc.

Dragon I am glad to hear you are not waiting. If you snooze, you loose. Very important to jump on it ASAP! Your CC company will send you forms to fill out. If anyone needs their address, I have it saved.

GOOD LUCK!!! *hug*

dragon ball
  • dragon ball
  • Members
  • 2,174 posts

Your right Candy, thanks I certainly contacted right away. If the site is legit I don't mind bidding there but as soon as I join the site their trying to lie on their live chat isn't cool at all. Whenever I asked them things they don't come out with a straight answer. If they cannot be straight how can we believe in the site.

Not to worry :) If you get a new # that has positively NO negative affect on your credit rating. CC companies recommend replacing if lost, stolen, etc.

Dragon I am glad to hear you are not waiting. If you snooze, you loose. Very important to jump on it ASAP! Your CC company will send you forms to fill out. If anyone needs their address, I have it saved.

GOOD LUCK!!! *hug*

dragon ball
  • dragon ball
  • Members
  • 2,174 posts

Please check your credit card statement online. I have been charged again on my credit card. I just got done with the live chat since the operator don't want to talk to me and said live chat only. The live chat person doesn't care and don't let me talk to their manager. I don't mind spending my money if the site is legit. But I live chat and told them I will contact the consumer affairs and they still said don't care and your gonna get the bill. Well, I will let you know hopefully with in 30 days to see if I got a credit or not on this board.

BAYAREA
  • BAYAREA
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 475 posts

I callded them to cancel all the charged they did to my c.card. They just told me that they were updating their computer so they couldn't even pulled my info up. I explained everything but they just didn't listen any words I've told and I even told them that I asked my c.card company to disputes and called the BBB but they just say "so?" and just hanged up the phone.:13:what kind of customer service is that?
they are so unorganized. They should have closed the site before they open the real one so the people who had the bid from the testing mode and the paying customoers won't mixed up and the price wouldn't went up so high.

That's really crazy. They'd better take a good action soon before it get really bad....It's already pretty bad but.....I hope....:ack2:

GOOD LUCK!!! *hug*

PennyAuctionWatch
  • PennyAuctionWatch
  • PAW Founder
  • Administrators
  • 6,091 posts

4. Payment Terms. Upon registering, providing the requisite Registration Data and ordering the Swipe Bids™ Products, the credit or debit card that you provided during registration or updated at a later date (“Active Credit Card”) will be charged a non-refundable fee for all bid packs the customer orders.

All fees are payable in United States currency. For so long as your Membership is active, you will be billed and you will be required to pay all applicable charges, these include all fees related to any items won and any bid packs purchased. All won items require to be paid within 30 days of final sale, if the won item is not paid within that time frame, the option to buy the product will expire and the bids that were used to win the auction item will not be refunded upon expiration . Failure to use the Swipe Bids™ Products does not constitute a basis for refusing to pay any of the associated charges. Subject to the conditions set forth herein, you agree to be bound by the Billing Provisions of Swipe Bids™ in effect at any given time. Upon reasonable prior written notice to you (with e-mail sufficing), Swipe Bids™ reserves the right to change its Billing Provisions whenever necessary, in its sole discretion. Continued use of the Site and/or receipt of the Swipe Bids™ Products after receipt of such notice shall constitute consent to any and all such changes; provided, however, that any amendment or modification to the Billing Provisions shall not apply to any charges incurred prior to the applicable amendment or modification.

Swipe Bids™ authorization to provide and bill for the Swipe Bids™ Products is obtained by way of your electronic signature or, where applicable, via physical signature and/or voice affirmation. Once an electronic signature is submitted, this electronic order constitutes an electronic letter of agency. Swipe Bids™ reliance upon your electronic signature was specifically sanctioned and written into law when the Uniform Electronic Transactions Act and the Electronic Signatures in Global and National Transactions Act were enacted in 1999 and 2000, respectively. Both laws specifically preempt all state laws that recognize only paper and handwritten signatures. Where you fail to make any scheduled payment for accrued fees, such overdue amounts will be subject to interest charges in the amount of one and one half percent (1.5%) per month, compounded monthly. Your Member account may be deactivated, and access to the Site denied, for non-payment.

Their T&C

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users