Started by dragon ball , Feb 24 2010 12:49 AM

• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

Shenanigans
  • Shenanigans
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • 1,086 posts

Pattie, please edit your email address out of the reply so spam bots don't collect it and start sending you spam. It is also against forum rules, although I understand you just wanted to post the complete transcript of what happened (as I, myself have done in the past).

I will find out the phone number, and address of the owner, and post back in a day or two.

:lurk5:
DO WHAT'S RIGHT, NOT WHAT'S EASY

dragon ball
  • dragon ball
  • Members
  • 2,174 posts

I'm so happy you had also look into these scammers and did a live chat with them. Thank you. I think you had probably shaken them a little or a lot. :P

Pattie, please edit your email address out of the reply so spam bots don't collect it and start sending you spam. It is also against forum rules, although I understand you just wanted to post the complete transcript of what happened (as I, myself have done in the past).

I will find out the phone number, and address of the owner, and post back in a day or two.

:lurk5:

pattiedesoto
  • pattiedesoto
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

I did want to post and give a update on the experience with Swipebids. I DID GET A FULL REFUND FROM THEM!! I dont even know if they are still running auctions! This was a GREAT Lesson learned before bidding at any site before researching it well then researching it some more after that! lol Good Luck to anyone that is still trying to get refunded!

jkim4007
  • jkim4007
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Okay, so I got scammed! Luckily I didn't get charged 150.00. I bought many bidpacks and won them, but it was wasted because I couldn't win any auctions. But one day, I decided to deactivate my account. It was supposed to be deactivated the next day. So I went and left negative feedback for one of my items while my account was still open. But if you leave feedback, you get 25 free bids. It didn't work,so I tried it multiple times. I looked up and I had 4000 bids! I used them and won a 70 dollar gift card, with 2000 bids remaining. Then my account got deactivated!
BTW I did get a refund! You have to be very manipulative. Tell them you're gonna call the JP and that if it's a respectable company they would give you a refund. Be persistent.

zero
  • zero
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Who is the jp
"Don't be evil" (Google corporate slogan) -Paul Buchheit and Amit Patel.

Puggle777
  • Puggle777
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

No bots!
Please wait for a site operator to respond.
You are now chatting with 'Jessica'
Jessica: Thank you for visiting SwipeBids. We are here to help you win auctions, save money and have a great time. Who am I speaking with?
you: Hi I've had some really strange conversations here on live chat. I'm just here today to confirm you are not a bot, and that you are a real human employee of swipebids.
Jessica: Could you please provide me with your full name, email address and Zip Code, so that I can pull up your details?
you: Not today, I just want to know that you guys are human
you: And I'll be out of your hair
Jessica: Yes, I am human.
you: ahem. Yes. Can you tell me something a bot wouldn't say?
Jessica: I do not have any bots here.
you: I'm from Australia, a new member. Would you mind doing just 1 more thing for me please?
Jessica: Yes, please.
you: If you could google and find out who our new prime minister is, you would really put my mind at ease to bid with you.
Jessica: We do not have prime minister here.
you: no no Australia's new prime minister. Googling it will reassure me that swipe bids has human customer support.
Jessica: Mr.Kevin Rudd
you: Thanks, that's actually incorrect, we have a new pm. But you have reassured me of your customer support. Thankyou for your assistance!
Jessica: Thank you very much for chatting with us today. We hope the rest of your day is an excellent one.
Jessica: Please feel free to come back for any further assistance.
you: =)

boon4376
  • boon4376
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Puggle, its not the customer support system I would be afraid of as far as "Bots" are concerned.

I would be worried about bots shill bidding the auctions to make them last longer to either force people to spend more money on bids or to get more money out of the item for sale. A penny auction site's software could easily plug an auction into a mathematical formula to determine if enough bids have been made to make the auction profitable, and there is really no way to tell if the bids are legitiamte or if they come from bots.

MalGreen
  • MalGreen
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

I won several items on SwipiBids, and I think that my experience was good enough, but some of my friends were ripped off. Yes, of course you should make researching before bidding, but it's up to your luck, it's like a fortune buy something on auction. If you are interested you can read about SwipeBids here http://swipebids.pis...er.com/:iagree:

Nancy
  • Nancy
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts

There is a person this site that has to be a house bidder, he bids millions of bids and never loses a high value item. Who can compete against that. I asked for my money back but they refused. How can I even bid against some that can bid 1000 bis 20 times in a row?

Claudia472
  • Claudia472
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Swipe Bids' web site is hideously confusing and requires a lot of scrolling in order to find any information. Before users ever get to the registration area, they have been overwhelmed with hundreds of pieces of information.

When you finally register, there is very little mention of how to buy bids. The first page just asks for basic information. The second page requires a credit card. On the bottom of the form, just before the submit button, there is a line of type that advises that $159.00 will be charged to the credit card if you complete the registration.

For whatever reason, I failed to see that line until I registered. Within a minute I contacted SwipeBids live chat operators and requested they cancel the account and reverse or block the transaction. They spent several minutes and a lot of chat pointing out that I had been told about the charges. I again asked for a credit. They spent several more minutes explaining the benefits of membership. I asked for a credit. They directed me to a long form which I would have to complete, print, and mail back in order to receive a refund. I explained that I could simply dispute the charge with my bank and get a credit quickly. They said my credit will process within 5-10 days.

Although this mess was my fault for not paying closer attention, SwipeBids customer care policies need work, as does the deliberately confusing way registration is set up. Pricing policies are obscure, too.

bobby
  • bobby
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Look this one up Utradeit.com.au. Just like Ebay except they are Free to use. You can sell almost anything with them with no fees at all. From what I can see they are based in Australia and look new but growing.

Tim@SpeedClik
  • Tim@SpeedClik
  • Members
  • 662 posts

Swipe Bids same as Swipe Auctions

Swipe Auctions Review (swipeauctions.com): The Truth, no hype!
W5 : Just Think Twice

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users