Started by PennyAuctionWatch , Feb 24 2010 02:55 AM

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

PennyAuctionWatch
  • PennyAuctionWatch
  • PAW Founder
  • Administrators
  • 6,091 posts

It has come to my attention that someone is sending out threatening spoof e-mails saying they are from pennyauctionwatch, only one site owner has reported this. Please let me know if you have received anything like this.
Thank you

Edited by PennyAuctionWatch, 24 February 2010 - 03:58 AM.

I believe that the more penny auction bidders that come together and post their honest experiences, exposing the shady-scam penny auction sites, the less and less shady-scam sites will stop being the majority in the penny auction industry. Stand with me.

Penny Auction News, Reviews, Directory & Discussion!
Follow us on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!

To the Scam Artists: Enough is Enough

suzyq
  • suzyq
  • Members
  • 3,109 posts

It has come to my attention that someone is sending out threatening spoof e-mails saying they are from pennyauctionwatch, only one site owner has reported this. Please let me know if you have received anything like this.
Thank you

Is this spoof email directed at sites owners only?
I used to be a powerbidder, but now I just make mental bids. That’s how I lost my mind.
suzyq aka cwazywabbit

PennyAuctionWatch
  • PennyAuctionWatch
  • PAW Founder
  • Administrators
  • 6,091 posts

I do not know, I don't know how anyone got this site owners email address, we're checking server logs now to find out if someone hacked the email account to find this out so far I have only heard about this from one site owner. :-/

I believe that the more penny auction bidders that come together and post their honest experiences, exposing the shady-scam penny auction sites, the less and less shady-scam sites will stop being the majority in the penny auction industry. Stand with me.

Follow us on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!

cherilen
  • cherilen
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 247 posts

Hey, I got an email. It is from "pennyauctionbidder.com".

Do you want me to email it to PAW?

.....it is showing PennyJersey as administrator................ I'm lost......this has been a very odd and long day

CHERYL

Edited by cherilen, 24 February 2010 - 07:13 AM.

PennyAuctionWatch
  • PennyAuctionWatch
  • PAW Founder
  • Administrators
  • 6,091 posts

No that is not what I am talking about, there is someone e-mailing from admin at pennyauctionwatch dot com, very nasty threatening stuff, but they may have hacked to get the email address that they did, still waiting to hear back on that.

Follow us on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!

abidaway
  • abidaway
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts

I will put myself out there. If admin wishes to delete this that is fine. I received spoof emails which contained threats, lies, manipulations, etc
If someone has an issue I will be more than happy to speak with you.

But threats to my site and threats to spread incorrect information will NOT be tolerated
Once we find out who you are, you will not be able to hide behind spoofing
I notified admin of this board only because you used information that was sensitive to this website
Will

PennyAuctionWatch
  • PennyAuctionWatch
  • PAW Founder
  • Administrators
  • 6,091 posts

You have no idea all of the drama that goes on in the penny auction world, penny auction reality TV coming soon? Or something, I don't know.. long day-normal day.

Follow us on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users