Started by PennyAuctionWatch , Mar 03 2010 04:25 PM

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

PennyAuctionWatch
  • PennyAuctionWatch
  • PAW Founder
  • Administrators
  • 6,091 posts

Ok guys, after various e-mails from Shenanigans, a phone call, and even a lawsuit threat to prove that my assumptions were wrong, I've decided that maybe I was wrong with my suspicions of his intentions and have decided to give him a second chance on the forum. Thanks

Edited by PennyAuctionWatch, 03 March 2010 - 04:35 PM.

eshopper
  • eshopper
  • Members
  • 2,437 posts

Good decision. Shen adds a lot to this forum.
You aren't wealthy until you have something money can't buy.

Rayall20069
  • Rayall20069
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts

I think what was getting people upset was that he was banned and other people weren't even though they were breaking the rules (I admit to being upset by this).

But still, why do so many people threaten to sue? You need to have a lot of money to do that, especially if you don't win.

PennyAuctionWatch
  • PennyAuctionWatch
  • PAW Founder
  • Administrators
  • 6,091 posts

I think what was getting people upset was that he was banned and other people weren't even though they were breaking the rules (I admit to being upset by this).

But still, why do so many people threaten to sue? You need to have a lot of money to do that, especially if you don't win.

I'm sorry but I did give a warning to cdsnet as well and did not know about his second offense until someone told me, really I can't be on here 24/7 so if you have a complaint or a problem with another user please e-mail me.

Rayall20069
  • Rayall20069
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts

No, the way you handled it was fine. I didn't realize though I could email, didn't see a way to PM you.

I was just wondering why so many people threaten to sue other people that's all, I think sometimes people forget how much money it costs.

PennyAuctionWatch
  • PennyAuctionWatch
  • PAW Founder
  • Administrators
  • 6,091 posts

No, the way you handled it was fine. I didn't realize though I could email, didn't see a way to PM you.

I was just wondering why so many people threaten to sue other people that's all, I think sometimes people forget how much money it costs.

For sure you can e-mail anytime admin -at- pennyauctionwatch -dot-com

Yes, I've had at least a 1/2 dozen threaten to sue.

Bargainsandfun
  • Bargainsandfun
  • Members
  • 546 posts

I think (my opinion) that most people make this threat because it is the way that society has gotten lately. Look at how many court-room-drama tv shows there are anymore. It's gotten Cwazy - People have become way to sue happy - They now put a warning on almost everything telling you "dont stick this in a light socket" or "don't give this plastic bag that your new laptop came in to a baby" - we have to mark HOT coffee as "CAUTION: SERVED HOT MAY BURN YOU" to avoid a lawsuit.

I'm actually surprised that they haven't started making beverage places that serve soda label the cup with - "Choking hazard: Ice cubes may lodge in throat and you will die"

But i guess it's just what the world has come to:

Shenanigans
  • Shenanigans
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • 1,086 posts

On the top right-hand corner of each post is a red/white triangle to report posts. This will bring it to PAW's attention for moderation consideration.

I've sued in the past, and been awarded judgments, so I know what I was getting into. (FWIW my goal was just to get the decision, the damages would have been reduced/dropped to $1.00 after I got the decision)

I had an escalation process planned, that I followed, to show my intent to clear my name of any attempt to steal from, copy, or hurt PAW. I did not talk about any legal action until 3 days passed without progress, and the thread had a pile of users who made judgments based off of what was posted, which further discredited my good name.

As far as the money aspect goes, with anything, you have to weigh the cost against the value of your goal. For me, there is no amount of money I wouldn't spend to clear up misinformation about me.

I've spent a lifetime building my good name and character. I don't need to tout all the things I've done, and do for friends, let alone random strangers who I see in need. You can search this message board and find a small indication that I always go above and beyond to help someone. About 2,000 people (potential customers for CoutureCents) read that I was using this board to gather information on users, and cheat someone who worked very hard to build something where there was once nothing. Nothing... Nothing... could have been further from the truth.

I take a very "behind-the-scenes" approach when I help someone with their business. This was one reason, I think, so many of the people who posted were able to conclude what they did. I never wanted credit, payment, or public acknowledgment for what I did help PAW with, or for any of the advice or ideas I gave PAW.

This will probably be the only place, anywhere near relevant for me to say how disappointed I was at some of the negative comments left by users of this forum.

I want to thank PAW for posting this, as it takes a very strong person to admit they did something wrong. Especially when it was done in such a public fashion. PAW did what was right, and not what was easy, and I truly appreciate that.
DO WHAT'S RIGHT, NOT WHAT'S EASY

bella
  • bella
  • Members
  • 1,376 posts

*hug**hug**hug**hug**hug*

Welcome back buddy!

EllaJames
  • EllaJames
  • Members
  • 668 posts

Sigh.. a lot can be said here and I’ve started one and eventually deleting it all because ultimately there’s only one thing that bears repeating: “Good to have you back Shananie!”

Now get your couturecents up and get your auctions going so the rest of us can sign up. I wasted enough money on jojolie. :rolleyes:

Bargainsandfun
  • Bargainsandfun
  • Members
  • 546 posts

Hey we're not supposed to be giving out personal contact information here!:smilielol5:

(kidding)

sixtoes
  • sixtoes
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 382 posts

So when are you taking your shenanigans unbanned tour on the road
Posted Image
these auctions would not drive me insane
if i only had a brain

caveninit
  • caveninit
  • Members
  • 2,554 posts

Glad you're back Nick.

zero
  • zero
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

my best guess would be a lawyer will probably charge him 250 dollars an hour to take this case.would it really be worth it to blog on a site, a lawsuit for this would cost thousands of dollars with little gain because although I am not certain I do not think this blog is a very wealthy business like walmart or a giant retail chain.

Edited by zero, 04 March 2010 - 07:27 PM.

zero
  • zero
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Why would you sue with little chance of getting money?My guess is a lawyer probably would not take a contingency fee because he would be working for free or almost free unless you paid him out of pocket.(as I do not think this website is cash rich) although I could be wrong. what ever happens glad to see you back because you did speak up when something was off pudding. Good luck and hope this cleared up what ever was done to you.

Edited by zero, 04 March 2010 - 07:41 PM.

zero
  • zero
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

On the top right-hand corner of each post is a red/white triangle to report posts. This will bring it to PAW's attention for moderation consideration.

I've sued in the past, and been awarded judgments, so I know what I was getting into. (FWIW my goal was just to get the decision, the damages would have been reduced/dropped to $1.00 after I got the decision)

I had an escalation process planned, that I followed, to show my intent to clear my name of any attempt to steal from, copy, or hurt PAW. I did not talk about any legal action until 3 days passed without progress, and the thread had a pile of users who made judgments based off of what was posted, which further discredited my good name.

As far as the money aspect goes, with anything, you have to weigh the cost against the value of your goal. For me, there is no amount of money I wouldn't spend to clear up misinformation about me.

I've spent a lifetime building my good name and character. I don't need to tout all the things I've done, and do for friends, let alone random strangers who I see in need. You can search this message board and find a small indication that I always go above and beyond to help someone. About 2,000 people (potential customers for CoutureCents) read that I was using this board to gather information on users, and cheat someone who worked very hard to build something where there was once nothing. Nothing... Nothing... could have been further from the truth.

I take a very "behind-the-scenes" approach when I help someone with their business. This was one reason, I think, so many of the people who posted were able to conclude what they did. I never wanted credit, payment, or public acknowledgment for what I did help PAW with, or for any of the advice or ideas I gave PAW.

This will probably be the only place, anywhere near relevant for me to say how disappointed I was at some of the negative comments left by users of this forum.

I want to thank PAW for posting this, as it takes a very strong person to admit they did something wrong. Especially when it was done in such a public fashion. PAW did what was right, and not what was easy, and I truly appreciate that.

What did they do to you that caused this

ndn0521
  • ndn0521
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Hey Nick,

Damn..i was out of town and was not at all in touch with PAW forum..I had NO clue you were banned and now you are back!! well anyways, whatever the issue was..i am glad it was been resolved..welcome back my friend!
Pay-per-bid auction on it way!!
- Phase 1: Design Phase completed.
- Phase 2: Internal Pages- Under Construction.

Anticipating to go live: Have no idea:S

Shenanigans
  • Shenanigans
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • 1,086 posts

What did they do to you that caused this

If you weren't "tuned in" to see, then I guess you'll just have to chalk this up as a lesson learned =)
(no one should have a life outside of PA)
;)

Bargainsandfun
  • Bargainsandfun
  • Members
  • 546 posts

If you weren't "tuned in" to see, then I guess you'll just have to chalk this up as a lesson learned =)
(no one should have a life outside of PA)
;)

That's the reason I moved to Pennsylvania - it just made me feel closer to all of you! :smilielol5:

Shenanigans
  • Shenanigans
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • 1,086 posts

Hey Nick,

Damn..i was out of town and was not at all in touch with PAW forum..I had NO clue you were banned and now you are back!! well anyways, whatever the issue was..i am glad it was been resolved..welcome back my friend!

Thanks!
PS, we still need to do lunch or something!!

That's the reason I moved to Pennsylvania - it just made me feel closer to all of you! :smilielol5:

You crack yourself up, don't you? :smilielol5:
(that did make me "LOL" a little)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users