Started by PennyAuctionWatch , Mar 10 2010 11:20 AM

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

PennyAuctionWatch
  • PennyAuctionWatch
  • PAW Founder
  • Administrators
  • 6,091 posts

Requesting an Explanation <--Please read!

Also see, http://www.pennyauct...com/screenshots

Thanks!

Edited by PennyAuctionWatch, 29 March 2010 - 07:21 AM.

I believe that the more penny auction bidders that come together and post their honest experiences, exposing the shady-scam penny auction sites, the less and less shady-scam sites will stop being the majority in the penny auction industry. Stand with me.

Penny Auction News, Reviews, Directory & Discussion!
Follow us on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!

To the Scam Artists: Enough is Enough

PennyJersey
  • PennyJersey
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Great Work PAW! This is impressive. :hurray:

Miss Marple
  • Miss Marple
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts

PAW, you have outdone yourself--this is outstanding! Thank you for giving us tools and knowledge to spot PA fraud. It will take a while to digest all the info, but I will never join another site without comparing it to what you've shown here.
Thank you again!

suzyq
  • suzyq
  • Members
  • 3,109 posts

Thanks for another terrific article, PAW! Where do you find the time to do this? *huh*
I used to be a powerbidder, but now I just make mental bids. That’s how I lost my mind.
suzyq aka cwazywabbit

NHappraiser
  • NHappraiser
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 486 posts

I just read a bunch from that link and that is scary and very interesting at the same time. Why do these sites keep trying to scam people. They obviously must not have read any post on PAW. Thanks PAW for the research.

suzyq
  • suzyq
  • Members
  • 3,109 posts

I just read a bunch from that link and that is scary and very interesting at the same time. Why do these sites keep trying to scam people. They obviously must not have read any post on PAW. Thanks PAW for the research.

Unfortunately, most people probably do not read PAW. When I first started penny auctions, I was scammed several times before I found PAW.
I used to be a powerbidder, but now I just make mental bids. That’s how I lost my mind.
suzyq aka cwazywabbit

Alice
  • Alice
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Unfortunately, most people probably do not read PAW. When I first started penny auctions, I was scammed several times before I found PAW.

Ditto, Suzy. I'm really glad I wasn't keeping track of the money i spent before I found PAW... I'm pretty good at the PAs now, but I'm sure I'm still making up for what I lost due to scams before I found PAW.

Shenanigans
  • Shenanigans
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • 1,086 posts

Good work, PAW, but after seeing all the PAW members bidding on BidTent.com, after we nailed that coffin, I doubt this will have much effect on the active sites mentioned.

What a shame...
DO WHAT'S RIGHT, NOT WHAT'S EASY

monikab
  • monikab
  • Members
  • 834 posts

Good work, PAW, but after seeing all the PAW members bidding on BidTent.com, after we nailed that coffin, I doubt this will have much effect on the active sites mentioned.

What a shame...

hi ,

i think even 1 person who is deciding not to participate in
auctions on there site is worth all the work !!!!

PAW is growing and more and more people will read and hopefully decide not to be a customer on them particular sites .

monika

PennyAuctionWatch
  • PennyAuctionWatch
  • PAW Founder
  • Administrators
  • 6,091 posts

Thanks everyone, yes it did take some time but did have some help :)

Check out the screenshots if you missed them: http://www.pennyauct...nshots/main.php

Edited by PennyAuctionWatch, 10 March 2010 - 07:02 PM.

I believe that the more penny auction bidders that come together and post their honest experiences, exposing the shady-scam penny auction sites, the less and less shady-scam sites will stop being the majority in the penny auction industry. Stand with me.

Follow us on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!

rockybiduser
  • rockybiduser
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 359 posts

hi ,

i think even 1 person who is deciding not to participate in
auctions on there site is worth all the work !!!!

PAW is growing and more and more people will read and hopefully decide not to be a customer on them particular sites .

monika

I ditto that monika. Great work PAW. I have seen tons of appreciation for PAW by both new and old member (see the last giveaway thread) where they mention how they are aware of good and bad site. As you said if PAW can save more than one people the purpose is solved.As an active member we need to make the awareness of these info to other new bidder.
So definitely PAW is making affect with these work. Way to go...

PennyAuctionWatch
  • PennyAuctionWatch
  • PAW Founder
  • Administrators
  • 6,091 posts

Don't forget, you can "Digg" forum & blog posts and send them to Twitter to spread the word :)

Thanks again!

Follow us on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!

Shenanigans
  • Shenanigans
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • 1,086 posts

I ditto that monika. Great work PAW. I have seen tons of appreciation for PAW by both new and old member (see the last giveaway thread) where they mention how they are aware of good and bad site. As you said if PAW can save more than one people the purpose is solved.As an active member we need to make the awareness of these info to other new bidder.
So definitely PAW is making affect with these work. Way to go...

I agree with you and Monika.

I'm glad PAW finally did this expose' on these sites.

I just cannot wrap my head around giving money to an organization/person who stole money from their customers. Not to mention the mixed signal it sends when you read the BidTent thread, for instance.

Ian posts about his site, I endorse him and give a photo testimonial, PAW and I question him about something (shill bidding), he dodges/avoids/deflects/runs away/sends his wife to defend him (albeit, without ammo), evidence provided, court threats dropped, "atta boys" for PAW and I, then a few months later there are bidders actively spamming the thread talking about what they won, and shipping times from the cheating site. (run-on sentence of the year, right?)

They were new to the forum, and I thought may not have read the whole thread. Then more senior members chime in and say they gave Ian a second chance, etc. So I stand down, and do not post there anymore.

This must be how police feel when they bust a criminal, and see him the next morning at the local doughnut shop. (Rabid Eagle, can you chime in on this?)

Edited by Shenanigans, 10 March 2010 - 08:22 PM.

BidPigs Boss
  • BidPigs Boss
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 450 posts

This must be how police feel when they bust a criminal, and see him the next morning at the local doughnut shop. (Rabid Eagle, can you chime in on this?)

Sorry Shenanigans.........Noone around here by that name! :smilielol5::smilielol5:

:-17-:

dzignr_tastz
  • dzignr_tastz
  • Members
  • 696 posts

Agreed... as was I (by NickelBids specifically, for a few grand). However, if you go back and look at some of my first posts here, I undeniably hit the ground running as soon as I had suspicions of foul play... and look what it ultimately turned up!

But let's look at the big picture here, people. This isn't about changing one person's mind about bidding on these sites... and I honestly don't think that IS worth the trouble that has been spent thus far. This is about changing EVERYONE'S mind, and getting them to give enough of a crap to get involved and put an end to these sites (even if it has to be through lack of legitimate bidders).

So who can we mass email a post of this link to? Who would and/or should care? Get creative guys and gals! Let's stir up as much trouble for the scam artists as possible!

Thanks everyone, yes it did take some time but did have some help :)

Quite a bit of it, in fact. :wink:

What a shame...

Point well noted. However, in all fairness, Ian was caught with his hand in the cookie jar as soon as he stuck it in there, and it was quickly slammed shut. Now that doesn't justify (or rectify) his actions, nor speculate on his legitamacy from that point forward... but his site was relatively legit up until that point. To the contrary, most of the sites listed in the exposé have been set up with the SOLE purpose of defrauding people to the potential tune of hundreds of thousands of dollars (or even possibly even MILLIONS across all the sites combined).

So WHO made it all possible? We both know the answer to this one (although we may agree to disagree on how much of the responsibility lies upon them).

Anyway - the complete story on NickelBids is soon to come (incriminating correspondence included). :wink:

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.
- Albert Einstein

Shenanigans
  • Shenanigans
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • 1,086 posts

So WHO made it all possible? We both know the answer to this one (although we may agree to disagree on how much of the responsibility lies upon them).

The farmer in Mexico who produces the marijuana is not the reason kids here smoke marijuana. (If you keep up with all the posts on the board, you will see I am an expert in that field :wink:)

It's personal choice of morals, values, and learning the difference between right and wrong.

Ian did not even use the bots, so the developer issue is out the window in that case. Like we've discussed in the past, you can remove all the bots, the owner will still find a way to cheat, if that is the path he chooses.

dzignr_tastz
  • dzignr_tastz
  • Members
  • 696 posts

Like we've discussed in the past, you can remove all the bots, the owner will still find a way to cheat, if that is the path he chooses.

Agreed. But contributing to their delinquency isn't helping matters, either. :wink:

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.
- Albert Einstein

Shenanigans
  • Shenanigans
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • 1,086 posts

Agreed. But contributing to their delinquency isn't helping matters, either. :wink:

Only if you think that the delinquency starts with opportunity, and not the consistency of their character. :wink:

This is further proven by myself (you've seen the back end of my site) Shawn, Jeremy, Jeremiah, and others who paid to remove the bot features that the script came with stock.

As you and PAW have pointed out, there are people actively seeking to add bot features and upgrade the bots ability to appear human.

(Maybe we should just discuss this in our own thread, then after we have debated to the death, we can look back at all the time we wasted on arguing the philosophy of PA cheating, instead of fighting it, head-on-LOL)

By the way, I enjoy debating with you, Mr. Dzgnr, it's always fun! (by the way, I hate that on this forum, I cannot use "BTW" because everyone will assume I am talking to Bidtowin)

Edited by Shenanigans, 11 March 2010 - 10:25 PM.

dzignr_tastz
  • dzignr_tastz
  • Members
  • 696 posts

Only if you think that the delinquency starts with opportunity, and not the consistency of their character. :wink:

This is further proven by myself (you've seen the back end of my site) Shawn, Jeremy, Jeremiah, and others who paid to remove the bot features that the script came with stock.

As you and PAW have pointed out, there are people actively seeking to add bot features and upgrade the bots ability to appear human.

(Maybe we should just discuss this in our own thread, then after we have debated to the death, we can look back at all the time we wasted on arguing the philosophy of PA cheating, instead of fighting it, head-on-LOL)

By the way, I enjoy debating with you, Mr. Dzgnr, it's always fun! (by the way, I hate that on this forum, I cannot use "BTW" because everyone will assume I am talking to Bidtowin)

And that's why I always use B2W!! :wink:

And no - I agree about the character. However, I also think that as relatively new as penny auctions are, people simply looking for a ready-to-run software package are obviously going to ask "what do I get for the additional $500". And if they didn't have the idea beforehand...

- Albert Einstein

PennyAuctionWatch
  • PennyAuctionWatch
  • PAW Founder
  • Administrators
  • 6,091 posts

A big thank you goes out to anyone who has helped with this :) that means Shenanigans&dzignr_tastz *and more of you here too.., (thanks for the text on Pinocchio btw-check it out http://www.pennyauctionwatch.com)

Now to spread the word...?

Follow us on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users