entertainment shopping launch penny auction

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

annmay
  • annmay
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Wow, we've finally made it to the launch. The site has been custom programmed during more than 10 months.

We promise great customer service, of course no shill bidding and great bargains.

Check it out! We welcome your suggestions.

Here's a quick overview:

Special Promotions
$100 cash credit to the account to use as discount for won auction costs. (Limited time).
Free bid credits for registration, winning the first auction.

Site Description
Initial focus is on Visa and Discover (cash) gift cards, gold bullion bars and coins, luxury diamond jewelry (incl. engagement rings).
We presently have an inventory of more than $300,000 in diamond jewelry for immediate shipment. Most items offered are in stock. Others will be send directly from the diamond jewelry manufacturers (we are eliminating several tiers of middlemen) or from the cash gift card or gold bullion sellers/providers.

Auction Types
Penny Auctions
Beginner Auctions
Nailbiter Auctions

Registration Limits
one per household/computer IP address

Win Limits
none

Bid Cost
$0.25 bid credits
higher value item auctions may require multiple bid credits as clearly shown for each item

Special Features
100% Cashback with two options for members:
1. Cashback towards future auction wins
2. Cashback as immediate discount with Buy Direct
Buy Direct allows the discount of the cost of the bid credits used in the specific auction. It is available even after the close of the auction for active participants.
Daily Loyalty Bids are available for members that have purchased a bid package within the last 14 days.
Viral Invite Friends system rewards members with cash or free bids (member option) in three tiers. Rewards are credited even when a friends of friends down the line purchase a bid package.
Community voting to activate future auctions.

Shipping lead time
after receipt of full payment (and address verification for high value items):
48 hours for eGift Cards, Free Bid Packages, Restaurant Certificates etc.
48-72 hours for physical products in inventory
2-4 days for jewelry items shipped from manufactuers
1-2 weeks for other physical products (incl. Visa and Discover gift cards)

dragon ball
  • dragon ball
  • Members
  • 2,174 posts

Thank you, I will check out your site. ;)

Wow, we've finally made it to the launch. The site has been custom programmed during more than 10 months.

We promise great customer service, of course no shill bidding and great bargains.

Check it out! We welcome your suggestions.

Here's a quick overview:

Special Promotions
$100 cash credit to the account to use as discount for won auction costs. (Limited time).
Free bid credits for registration, winning the first auction.

Site Description
Initial focus is on Visa and Discover (cash) gift cards, gold bullion bars and coins, luxury diamond jewelry (incl. engagement rings).
We presently have an inventory of more than $300,000 in diamond jewelry for immediate shipment. Most items offered are in stock. Others will be send directly from the diamond jewelry manufacturers (we are eliminating several tiers of middlemen) or from the cash gift card or gold bullion sellers/providers.

Auction Types
Penny Auctions
Beginner Auctions
Nailbiter Auctions

Registration Limits
one per household/computer IP address

Win Limits
none

Bid Cost
$0.25 bid credits
higher value item auctions may require multiple bid credits as clearly shown for each item

Special Features
100% Cashback with two options for members:
1. Cashback towards future auction wins
2. Cashback as immediate discount with Buy Direct
Buy Direct allows the discount of the cost of the bid credits used in the specific auction. It is available even after the close of the auction for active participants.
Daily Loyalty Bids are available for members that have purchased a bid package within the last 14 days.
Viral Invite Friends system rewards members with cash or free bids (member option) in three tiers. Rewards are credited even when a friends of friends down the line purchase a bid package.
Community voting to activate future auctions.

Shipping lead time
after receipt of full payment (and address verification for high value items):
48 hours for eGift Cards, Free Bid Packages, Restaurant Certificates etc.
48-72 hours for physical products in inventory
2-4 days for jewelry items shipped from manufactuers
1-2 weeks for other physical products (incl. Visa and Discover gift cards)

berrybare
  • berrybare
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 257 posts

is that a tranny dancing in the homepage video? lol

greendoor
  • greendoor
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Oh.....no shills, then must be bots....hmmmmmmmm?

monikab
  • monikab
  • Members
  • 834 posts

Oh.....no shills, then must be bots....hmmmmmmmm?

i agreee with you .

monika

berrybare
  • berrybare
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 257 posts

been watching the auctions...looks like bots. I'm not spending my $100 bucks here

monikab
  • monikab
  • Members
  • 834 posts

its a joke a 20 $ card for over 1.63 right now .

nope not in this lifetime

monika

greendoor
  • greendoor
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

is that a tranny dancing in the homepage video? lol

Sure looks like it too me!!!

greendoor
  • greendoor
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

been watching the auctions...looks like bots. I'm not spending my $100 bucks here

Believe me....they are.

rockybiduser
  • rockybiduser
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Sure looks like it too me!!!

If it looks like a bot, feels like a bot, It must be a BOT :mad:

wyldunknown
  • wyldunknown
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

I bid on an auction tonight. At one point, the timer stopped at 0:00, "Celebrate...wyldunknown has won" flashed on the screen, but then the timer resumed and more bids were placed. I watched for a while longer and the same thing happened to another bidder. Emailed customer service but no reply yet. *huh*

annmay
  • annmay
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

There are no bots, no shill bidders.

But...
there are a lot of new users with free bids.

When a site launches and offers free bids you will often find the effect that there is overbidding (since there is no real investment for the bid costs). There is also a lot of activity for the few items that are initially up. You may see comments to that affect in other forum threads.

We will try to re-create the issue that wyldunknown has reported (on the development server).
When there are many bids coming in at the same time it is possible that a timer on the user's computer shows zero (for just a moment) when in fact the auction continued with the other bids, each adding time. Of course with the update from the server the new countdown time will show.

The technical reason is that (from what I understand) counters work from a script on the user's computer.

We will work diligently to assure that this issue will not come up again.

Despite the testing process that took many many months I am sure that there will be glichtes.

I guarantee that we will make our best effort to fix these and keep our site members happy.

You feedback is truly invaluable to us and we appreciate your involvement.

@wyldunknown, we sent you an email.

wyldunknown
  • wyldunknown
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Yes, Escabid did respond and credited my account, and added some extra bids. Nice. Watched 2 auctions last night and all looked good.

dragon ball
  • dragon ball
  • Members
  • 2,174 posts

Do you e-mail and let us know what types of upcoming auction for the day or weekend? I noticed there are some items that I would like to bid on but it says coming soon. So do I just once a day check to see if those items are running on auction or not? PS I just joined and I can't seem to log in. I click on Login and the web page isn't turning over. It stays on the same page. Would you help me or is the site isn't ready yet? I did get an e-mail confirmation and registered but I cannot seem to login.

There are no bots, no shill bidders.

But...
there are a lot of new users with free bids.

When a site launches and offers free bids you will often find the effect that there is overbidding (since there is no real investment for the bid costs). There is also a lot of activity for the few items that are initially up. You may see comments to that affect in other forum threads.

We will try to re-create the issue that wyldunknown has reported (on the development server).
When there are many bids coming in at the same time it is possible that a timer on the user's computer shows zero (for just a moment) when in fact the auction continued with the other bids, each adding time. Of course with the update from the server the new countdown time will show.

The technical reason is that (from what I understand) counters work from a script on the user's computer.

We will work diligently to assure that this issue will not come up again.

Despite the testing process that took many many months I am sure that there will be glichtes.

I guarantee that we will make our best effort to fix these and keep our site members happy.

You feedback is truly invaluable to us and we appreciate your involvement.

@wyldunknown, we sent you an email.

Edited by dragon ball, 14 March 2010 - 10:11 PM.

annmay
  • annmay
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

We don't email unless it's a special promotion for a very valuable product. We don't want to "spam" and it's hard to judge where the fine line is.

I am sorry that you couldn't log in. This seems to happen on a very very rare occasion and our programmers are working on a solution. Please try again. You could also try to click on a bid button (which should open the login window). No worries there is not bid entered when you do this. The BID button is only active after login.

Future auctions show "Coming Soon" instead of a counter.
You can vote for an auction that you like to be activated. When a sufficient number of members do this, we'll activate the auction for that particular product.

Should you encounter log in problems again please fee free to call us and we'll try to help.

Do you e-mail and let us know what types of upcoming auction for the day or weekend? I noticed there are some items that I would like to bid on but it says coming soon. So do I just once a day check to see if those items are running on auction or not? PS I just joined and I can't seem to log in. I click on Login and the web page isn't turning over. It stays on the same page. Would you help me or is the site isn't ready yet? I did get an e-mail confirmation and registered but I cannot seem to login.

dragon ball
  • dragon ball
  • Members
  • 2,174 posts

I tried again with Firefox and Internet explorer and still cannot log in. I have no problems connecting to the internet and yahoo.com or msn.com page opens right away or any sites opens. I also don't have any problems with viewing any pages on your site but when I click log on it's just not let me log in? :S:S:S:S I will wait to see what others will response. I do have 4 computers at home so I will try my family members computer to see if could log in. PS tried all computer at my home didn't work. I will try again tonight and few times tomorrow if still not able to log on then I will check back on this board to see how others are responding. Thank you. No luck on login in at the moment.

We don't email unless it's a special promotion for a very valuable product. We don't want to "spam" and it's hard to judge where the fine line is.

I am sorry that you couldn't log in. This seems to happen on a very very rare occasion and our programmers are working on a solution. Please try again. You could also try to click on a bid button (which should open the login window). No worries there is not bid entered when you do this. The BID button is only active after login.

Future auctions show "Coming Soon" instead of a counter.
You can vote for an auction that you like to be activated. When a sufficient number of members do this, we'll activate the auction for that particular product.

Should you encounter log in problems again please fee free to call us and we'll try to help.

Edited by dragon ball, 14 March 2010 - 11:00 PM.

annmay
  • annmay
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

@dragon ball

Here is a link to bypass the log in pop up:
https://www.escabid....ogin/index.html
That always should do the trick.

Our programmers are also working in other solutions.
Thanks!

dragon ball
  • dragon ball
  • Members
  • 2,174 posts

Hello, looks like I'm able to log in now after this thank you. I just clicked on all live auction and looks like next auction is in five days? If it is, I might need a reminder e-mail so I don't forget to bid. ;)

@dragon ball

Here is a link to bypass the log in pop up:
https://www.escabid....ogin/index.html
That always should do the trick.

Our programmers are also working in other solutions.
Thanks!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: entertainment shopping, launch, penny auction

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users