bidash penny auctions

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

bids4che4p
  • bids4che4p
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

The only error i see here is lack of research on the webistes fault. Also lack of research on the promoters fault. Always know what you're promoting, or who you're promoting. We almost made that mistake of fully launching without having our ducks in a row, luckily it had nothing to do with shill bidding, but we thought about reserves, decided against it because it doesn't sit well with most of the PAW community. We also thought about jumping out with high end items, doing this will cause 1 of 2 things to happen: either the site will fail and go under because of loss of revenue due to opening weeks, or the site will be forced to use shill bidders or reserves. I'm not going to call bs on any point of your statement, I will say we spend a good amount on advertising, and are lucky to average 2,000 unique visitors(not users) a day. So if you have 4,000 to 7,000 users coming to the site per day, they shouldn't have an issue with not using shill bidders and reserves. Heck when a site gets over a thousand users it shouldn't have an issue with anything. Also I didn't notice this but you might want to put the official launch date of the site, this will help clarify testing phases and real bid time, also I'd suggest putting what your bid limit is, and some other detailed info. I'm just in the startup phase myself, so if you need any help or suggestions feel free to contact me. Just remember to take it slow, and treat everyone right, and business will come.

bids4che4p
  • bids4che4p
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Also to the register comment, not a good idea. If people cant come to your site and see winners, why would they waste time registering on the site? Also it looks scamish. Anything associated with a scam I want to keep away from site.

Bidash
  • Bidash
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts

bids4cheap - my mistake i did write users, but they are not users they are unique visitors. sorry for any confusion.

I would appreciate any help or experiences that you can offer. I am open for comments and ideas. That is why i am here. as you mentioned, a little late, but i am here.

We are at a soft opening right now to work out all of the kinks with the software and plan on making many more changes. We will announce a Launch date very soon based on these new changes.

You are correct that i need to know more about what i am promoting and i have since i spent almost the whole day reading past posts in this forum. I feel as tho i have a pretty good handle on the business model now.

I have a few ideas for working together with any penny auction sites that are interested as well and you can contact me at jay(at)bidash.com
of course replace the (at) with @
I have used a method similar to this to make another client of mine very successful.

thanks again guys! i feel like the mood has changed from attacking to helping us and i really appreciate it.

Jay

candy
  • candy
  • Members
  • 2,195 posts

bids4cheap - my mistake i did write users, but they are not users they are unique visitors. sorry for any confusion.

I would appreciate any help or experiences that you can offer. I am open for comments and ideas. That is why i am here. as you mentioned, a little late, but i am here.

We are at a soft opening right now to work out all of the kinks with the software and plan on making many more changes. We will announce a Launch date very soon based on these new changes.

You are correct that i need to know more about what i am promoting and i have since i spent almost the whole day reading past posts in this forum. I feel as tho i have a pretty good handle on the business model now.

I have a few ideas for working together with any penny auction sites that are interested as well and you can contact me at jay(at)bidash.com
of course replace the (at) with @
I have used a method similar to this to make another client of mine very successful.

thanks again guys! i feel like the mood has changed from attacking to helping us and i really appreciate it.

Jay

Hi Jay

I joined after reading thru this thread, to see what I thought. 1st I would like to ask about the launch date? I thought you launched since there have been 200+ winners? I am confused on that.

I won 2 auctions today and I saw no evidence of bot/shilling. I received the bids I won quickly. The timers work just fine as well.

If you can deliver items won in a faster time frame than 2 weeks, I think the site has a lot going for it. 2 weeks for delivery makes many nervous, myself included. If you truly do want your PA to stand out among others, ship FAST. That is always the clincher for return customers :wink: Free shipping is also a real attention getter.

I noticed on the bid auctions, they say free? I clciked on free to find out exactly what that means, but it just takes me back to the home page??

Next... lol I don't think people will like the $2.00 starting price on bid packs. From what I observed, they were selling very high without the $2.00 starting price.

# 2... If you win cash, how is it delivered? To PayPal account? And how quickly are you able to deliver cash?

Ok I'm done. lol I will be sure to post when I recieve the items I won!! :)

I did not pay attention to win limits and have read the terms & conditions. I have reached my win limit for the week, but your system allowed me to place a bid on upcoming auctions. Are the win limits in effect now? If so, I will refrain from bidding on anything until my waiting period is up.

Here are the Win Limits from the T&C:

6. Win Limits

One person is limited to winning two (2) auctions per week. After a person has won two auctions in one particular week, they will not be allowed to place any more manual bids or add BidBuddies to auctions which are ending before the end of the week. A week is defined to start at midnight between Saturday and Sunday and ends at 11:59:59 PM on Saturday night.

There was 1 Term that caused me to pause... READ FIRST AND POST AFTER!!!

UPDATE: http://www.bidash.com/news/view/4

Edited by candy, 18 March 2010 - 05:17 AM.

candy
  • candy
  • Members
  • 2,195 posts

MY FIRST REPORT:

I received the $100 Cash I won TODAY!!!!

That was Super FAST! :-50-:

Thank you Jay!! :)

janyce16
  • janyce16
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 450 posts

I noticed on the bid auctions, they say free? I clciked on free to find out exactly what that means, but it just takes me back to the home page??

from what i experience with this auctions is the its free to bid and its does not cost you anything to bid, what i don't understand is: why do they let you use the autobidder on these type of auctions, cause some1 could easily put an autobidder for a hi amount of bids and just rise the price of the auction.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

janyce16
  • janyce16
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 450 posts

by the way suzyq congratz on that win, as well as you candy!!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

candy
  • candy
  • Members
  • 2,195 posts

from what i experience with this auctions is the its free to bid and its does not cost you anything to bid, what i don't understand is: why do they let you use the autobidder on these type of auctions, cause some1 could easily put an autobidder for a hi amount of bids and just rise the price of the auction.

Yeah that would definitely be messed up :o Should be nail biters.
Just wondering... When u bid on the Free Auction, are bids being deducted from your total?

THANK YOU janyce16!!!!

janyce16
  • janyce16
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Yeah that would definitely be messed up :o Should be nail biters.
Just wondering... When u bid on the Free Auction, are bids being deducted from your total?

THANK YOU janyce16!!!!

they are not deducted from your acc, i don't understand your question... sorry

what do you mean by total?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

candy
  • candy
  • Members
  • 2,195 posts

they are not deducted from your acc, i don't understand your question... sorry

what do you mean by total?

You answered lol I just wondered if the total bids u have decreased when u bid on the free auction. So it is free. Now if they could be nail biters, it would be great! :P

janyce16
  • janyce16
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Now if they could be nail biters, it would be great! :P

totally agree with you!!!:)*hug*
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

janyce16
  • janyce16
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Now if they could be nail biters, it would be great! :P

how do you see my fight against ragcat on the free auction? lol
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

janyce16
  • janyce16
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 450 posts

i was bidding against the bidder ragcat and every time i set my autobidder to kick in it the auction takes my bid and place it right away when im bidding against other bidder, but when he stop bidding the timer goes down to 0:02 and i see the autobid of another bidder but the weird thing is that his autobidder doesn't kick in until the time goes down to 0:02 or 0:01

so for my experience on bidding on these auction i think the site owner has a reserver on this type of auction or is shill bidding these "free" auctions
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

nancy1
  • nancy1
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

I see a win limit but it isn't bring inforced.:mad:

Bidash
  • Bidash
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts

First of all thanks for all of the suggestions. I also think that the the free auctions for bids should be nail biters as well. I will try to get those changes implemented today.

To address the win limit. As of right now there is a win limit for each user of 2 wins per week. I will check on why it is still allowing you to bid on auctions with in this 7 day period. Any bids that have been place will be void and returned because it is our fault you were able to use them.

i will post an update once i hear something.

thanks jay

candy
  • candy
  • Members
  • 2,195 posts

First of all thanks for all of the suggestions. I also think that the the free auctions for bids should be nail biters as well. I will try to get those changes implemented today.

To address the win limit. As of right now there is a win limit for each user of 2 wins per week. I will check on why it is still allowing you to bid on auctions with in this 7 day period. Any bids that have been place will be void and returned because it is our fault you were able to use them.

i will post an update once i hear something.

thanks jay

A win limit of only 2 per week is really LOW. Most PA's have a higher win limit than only 2 in a 7 day period. :S Please reconsider! woot

suzyq
  • suzyq
  • Members
  • 3,109 posts

I won an auction last night with 1 bid. I will post when I receive it.

However, I have been studying the site very carefully and it appears that some very strange things are going on. I purchased a bid pack after winning the auction last night and regret doing so. I wish I would have waited a few days. Please be careful and don't invest a ton of money right now.
I used to be a powerbidder, but now I just make mental bids. That’s how I lost my mind.
suzyq aka cwazywabbit

Bidash
  • Bidash
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts

We are experiencing a few issues today with our server as well as our bid buddy feature. We are getting many more signups and purchases and it is bringing a big lag onto our server (this is not a bad thing) it just means that we are outgrowing our servers.

It looks like we are going to migrate to a bigger server before the weekend if possible. I do apologize if the site is down or you are experiencing lag.

We also have a coder working on the bid buddy system because it is supposed to be placing the bid immediately after another bid is placed. It only seems to be doing that on some accounts. The coder seems to think that it is GEO related, but we should have that issue fixed soon as well.

As you all know there are always bugs in out of the box scripts and we are dealing with that now. This is why we are still in our soft opening phase and have not committed to 100% secure.

thanks again

bids4che4p
  • bids4che4p
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Are your site owners posting this information on the site? I know it may stall some traffic but its better to inform than to tick off :)

suzyq
  • suzyq
  • Members
  • 3,109 posts

Auto bidders where Only used during the beta testing of the website. If you are unaware of penny auction scripts, 99% of penny auction scripts Have autobidders to their disposal. If the script doesn't come with one out of the box, it costs about $200 to have a coder make one for you. Which sites uses them and which don't is another issue.

After speaking to them, both of these products have been removed from the auction and Every Bid that was placed on these products from users have been refunded.

Every other product on Bidash is being bid on by real users and have not had 1 complaint about anything so far.

Jay....Are you 100% positive that they have turned OFF the bot bidding script and there are no shill bidders or hidden reserves?
I used to be a powerbidder, but now I just make mental bids. That’s how I lost my mind.
suzyq aka cwazywabbit

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bidash, penny auctions

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users