auction testimonials penny auction review

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

PennyAuctionWatch
  • PennyAuctionWatch
  • PAW Founder
  • Administrators
  • 6,091 posts

We now have a brand-new site penny auction review section, we hope to integrate it a bit better soon, but please feel free to start adding sites that are not yet listed and post your reviews!

Edited by PennyAuctionWatch, 19 March 2010 - 06:47 AM.

I believe that the more penny auction bidders that come together and post their honest experiences, exposing the shady-scam penny auction sites, the less and less shady-scam sites will stop being the majority in the penny auction industry. Stand with me.

Penny Auction News, Reviews, Directory & Discussion!
Follow us on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!

To the Scam Artists: Enough is Enough

zero
  • zero
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

That is great, now you can know who is scamming people. Can you use a star system like amazon or something similar, that incorporates ratings so we can filter the junk penny auctions will write about each other, to try and steal business from each other.

PennyAuctionWatch
  • PennyAuctionWatch
  • PAW Founder
  • Administrators
  • 6,091 posts

Yikes, star rating? I don't think so.. there's a thumbs up 1-10 rating system, maybe I can find out how to add stars somehow but I probably should have spent more and bought the one that had star ratings from another company :-/ Anyone know?

Edited by PennyAuctionWatch, 19 March 2010 - 04:45 PM.

I believe that the more penny auction bidders that come together and post their honest experiences, exposing the shady-scam penny auction sites, the less and less shady-scam sites will stop being the majority in the penny auction industry. Stand with me.

Follow us on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!

Bargainsandfun
  • Bargainsandfun
  • Members
  • 546 posts

Yikes, star rating? I don't think so.. there's a thumbs up 1-10 rating system, maybe I can find out how to add stars somehow but I probably should have spent more and bought the one that had star ratings from another company :-/ Anyone know?

There is probably an image somewhere that can be changed to change the thumbs to a star

ALSO: you may want to do that because if someone gets a 1 they will still ultimately have a "Thumbs UP" logo which may be misleading!

Not in any way trying to discourage any of the hard work as it looks great - this is just ONE little bump in the road of PAW Rating system 1.0

p.s. thank you for adding a great new feature to the site!

PennyAuctionWatch
  • PennyAuctionWatch
  • PAW Founder
  • Administrators
  • 6,091 posts

I just found out there is a star system, we need to add the reviews under CUSTOMER SERVICE not General so I'll make a change so that is default and change over to stars. Can you guys help me with criteria for star ratings?

-Ease of use?
-Customer Service?
-Shipping...?

Etc..

Thanks!

Follow us on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!

bids4che4p
  • bids4che4p
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Depends on how picky you want the rating system to be. Some would probably like a rating about items, like say item variety, Customer Service, Item Variety, Use of Site, and then maybe and overall satisfaction rating.

PennyAuctionWatch
  • PennyAuctionWatch
  • PAW Founder
  • Administrators
  • 6,091 posts

Thanks it will take me awhile here to redo everything but I'll work on it and get this back up soon.

Follow us on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!

candy
  • candy
  • Members
  • 2,195 posts

Well I thought when you re-vamped the PA reviews, that it wiped out the couple I did. So I reviewed BidZilla again. Now I have 2 on there :o

Can you please remove the 2nd one? I don't see a way to do that on my end.

DUH on me! :rolleyes: I tried to send you a message but you need to empty some out before I can. It's full :smilielol5:

Miss Marple
  • Miss Marple
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts

I see some sites offer free bids for posting about them on PAW.
Any way we can include that information in the review?
I don't care if someone gets rewarded for a testimonial, I'd just like to know if that's the case.

PennyAuctionWatch
  • PennyAuctionWatch
  • PAW Founder
  • Administrators
  • 6,091 posts

I see some sites offer free bids for posting about them on PAW.
Any way we can include that information in the review?
I don't care if someone gets rewarded for a testimonial, I'd just like to know if that's the case.

Hmm, can you tell me who you have seen doing this? Thanks

Follow us on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!

Miss Marple
  • Miss Marple
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Hmm, can you tell me who you have seen doing this? Thanks

I can't find it right now, I'll let you know...

Well, this isn't the one I was thinking of, but check this link, for whatever it's worth.
http://maxbeatty.com...spamming-blogs/

Edited by Miss Marple, 26 March 2010 - 04:37 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users