Started by beenbag , Mar 23 2010 07:24 PM

• Please log in to reply
1161 replies to this topic

beenbag
  • beenbag
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Just checking out the new website of www.choochookazoo.com and looking at the bid history on the acer laptop.

This sure does look rigged to me. If you look on the bid history the bids are placed exactly at a particular time between two bidders.

Are they in some kind of testing? If not, this is a red flag for sure.:mad:

Edited by PennyAuctionWatch, 29 March 2010 - 11:39 PM.
Added site name to title, merged threads

Racingbroker
  • Racingbroker
  • Members
  • 567 posts

I don't know, i was throwing in bids on that one in the beginning...I saw what you mean. Not sure. I did get my butt kicked , on the mixer..by a "cat" lol Congrats Suzq..woot.My grandson decided to use the fireplace lighter to ignite his blankie, in the middle of our bidding; )THAT WAS GREAT!!! Hint 2Tuff. Gave his Mom a heart attack, shot my last working nerve.:oOh well, OVER an hour later they are still going at it. Glad I backed outta that one..HAPPY BIDDING!!

Edited by Racingbroker, 23 March 2010 - 08:01 PM.
adding comment

Sodaman
  • Sodaman
  • Members
  • 603 posts

Just checking out the new website of www.choochookazoo.com and looking at the bid history on the acer laptop.

This sure does look rigged to me. If you look on the bid history the bids are placed exactly at a particular time between two bidders.

Are they in some kind of testing? If not, this is a red flag for sure.:mad:

Are you new to penny auctions? That precisely place bid is the work of the bid buddy. Which all user have access to use if they want. Some people like to click until their finger gets sore. :smilielol5:
Drink in Moderation :-17-:

suzyq
  • suzyq
  • Members
  • 3,109 posts

I don't know, i was throwing in bids on that one in the beginning...I saw what you mean. Not sure. I did get my butt kicked , on the mixer..by a "cat" lol Congrats Suzq..woot.My grandson decided to use the fireplace lighter to ignite his blankie, in the middle of our bidding; )THAT WAS GREAT!!! Hint 2Tuff. Gave his Mom a heart attack, shot my last working nerve.:oOh well, OVER an hour later they are still going at it. Glad I backed outta that one..HAPPY BIDDING!!

That is the funniest and saddest thing I have heard in a while. Probably because I know how precious those blankies are to my grandkids! We have had to buy 2 identical for each of them so that when 1 needs to be washed, they still have 1 to carry around. Even with the blankie "doubles", they still get pretty ratty looking and really should be burned. By the way, sorry about the mixer!! But it will be going to a good home if that's any consolation.

Don't think anything funny is going on at ChooChoo. Don't know about sylvia, but sandmfish is an active PAW member. As for the timing issue, they are probably both on auto bids. They seem to "kick off" around 27-30 seconds.
I used to be a powerbidder, but now I just make mental bids. That’s how I lost my mind.
suzyq aka cwazywabbit

suzyq
  • suzyq
  • Members
  • 3,109 posts

Are you new to penny auctions? That precisely place bid is the work of the bid buddy. Which all user have access to use if they want. Some people like to click until their finger gets sore. :smilielol5:

Thought you'd be sleeping about now!!
I used to be a powerbidder, but now I just make mental bids. That’s how I lost my mind.
suzyq aka cwazywabbit

beenbag
  • beenbag
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

I'm not sure either. If you look at the time it seems like bots to me....

I don't want to point fingers at something that is legitimate but since we are a new PA site it does seem a odd that they are able to offer such a big ticket item in there first couple weeks. We just launched last Friday and since we play an honest game there is no way we could offer a big ticket item so soon.

We plan to add bigger ticket items when we get X number of members. So if your not signed up with us come on over. We play a fair and honest game:P.

www.pennygeek.com

Racingbroker
  • Racingbroker
  • Members
  • 567 posts

That is the funniest and saddest thing I have heard in a while. Probably because I know how precious those blankies are to my grandkids! We have had to buy 2 identical for each of them so that when 1 needs to be washed, they still have 1 to carry around. Even with the blankie "doubles", they still get pretty ratty looking and really should be burned. By the way, sorry about the mixer!! But it will be going to a good home if that's any consolation.

Don't think anything funny is going on at ChooChoo. Don't know about sylvia, but sandmfish is an active PAW member. As for the timing issue, they are probably both on auto bids. They seem to "kick off" around 27-30 seconds.

Hey Suzq...I AM SO GLAD..you can relate. I certainly wasn't fast enough to set autobid and chase 3 year old!! 2 Funny. I thought his mother would need smelling salts:smilielol5: GOOD JOB, THO!! I'm also glad to know the bidders are real, IAM, and I am glad it's going to a good home. I'm expecting another G'Baby so I have my eye on another prize!!;)

suzyq
  • suzyq
  • Members
  • 3,109 posts

I'm expecting another G'Baby so I have my eye on another prize!!;)

We just had another grandson 3 weeks ago!! And one of my granddaughters just turned 3!! So much in common!!

I know exactly what you've got your eye on....good luck, I hope you win!!
suzyq aka cwazywabbit

Racingbroker
  • Racingbroker
  • Members
  • 567 posts

Sodaman you are 2 funny. And I am so glad you're such a great detective.
lmao.. I can't click 'til mine are sore now..They're burned!!:-21-:2Tuff

ChooChooKazoo
  • ChooChooKazoo
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

I understand the concern and I am happy to take a moment to acknoledge that this is definately something that could potentially be a red "flag" however these users are real and legit as many of you have already said you use the autobid yourself so you understand how it works. We have verifiable reciepts for payments received by these customers and I would like to assure you we intend to run a legitamate business. As far as the value of some of these items, it is true on several we are getting killed but our intent has worked many people have noticed us very quickly and we have had a great response. That is all for now hope this helps and happy bidding!

Thank you,

ChooChooKazoo

Kate
  • Kate
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 288 posts

I'm not sure either. If you look at the time it seems like bots to me....

I don't want to point fingers at something that is legitimate but since we are a new PA site it does seem a odd that they are able to offer such a big ticket item in there first couple weeks. We just launched last Friday and since we play an honest game there is no way we could offer a big ticket item so soon.

We plan to add bigger ticket items when we get X number of members. So if your not signed up with us come on over. We play a fair and honest game:P.

www.pennygeek.com

I wondered the same thing about having big ticket items so soon, but I asked the owner about it, and he responded. Check out this thread and start at post #4. http://www.pennyauct...read.php?t=2331
~HeavenSent *heart*

beenbag
  • beenbag
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Thanks - I read it and really appreciate the link.

BTW - any suggestions for medium ticket items? Can't do big tv's or laptops yet but open to other ideas. THANKS!
www.pennygeek.com
woot

Racingbroker
  • Racingbroker
  • Members
  • 567 posts

We just had another grandson 3 weeks ago!! And one of my granddaughters just turned 3!! So much in common!!

I know exactly what you've got your eye on....good luck, I hope you win!!

Ohhh How precious!! Congrats on that BIG WIN! woot (New Grandson)They are so sweet, (kinda):smilielol5: My Lil' Man is 3. New one due in a couple of months. YES, so much in common. Hey did you see I got ate by another "cat". lmao That was hillarious. Is that "cat " from here?? I had to save my bids up for my "You know What, thingamajig, I hope, I hope..);) Lord I hope noone else is expecting:svengo:KEEP SMILIN' You quazywabbit!! and Thanks*heart*

Racingbroker
  • Racingbroker
  • Members
  • 567 posts

I wondered the same thing about having big ticket items so soon, but I asked the owner about it, and he responded. Check out this thread and start at post #4. http://www.pennyauct...read.php?t=2331

That makes me feel better myself.
PS. I agree about win limits. Let's all hope for the BEST! Good Luck!
PS>>Cute Baby...woot

suzyq
  • suzyq
  • Members
  • 3,109 posts

Hey did you see I got ate by another "cat". lmao That was hillarious. Is that "cat " from here??

And that, my friend, is how the penny auction food chain works! Guess no one realizes that you are the BIGGEST cat of all...although your avatar isn't really all that intimidating. Cute but not scarey.

I don't know if he belongs to PAW, but I've seen him around other sites.
suzyq aka cwazywabbit

Sodaman
  • Sodaman
  • Members
  • 603 posts

Is it just me or did all the bid buddies dissapear on every auction? I setup an autobid on PS3 and went to check on it an hour later and it was over at 8 cents.:S
The autobid never started. But they claim everything is fine on there end. But I don't see anyone using bid assist since that PS3 auction ended.

Similar thing happened on winno when admin restarted an auction and wiped out my autobid. By the time I got the email from them saying to reset your autobids the auction was over. Someone gets a laptop for a few bids. I didn't even get to participate in the auction.
Drink in Moderation :-17-:

Racingbroker
  • Racingbroker
  • Members
  • 567 posts

And that, my friend, is how the penny auction food chain works! Guess no one realizes that you are the BIGGEST cat of all...although your avatar isn't really all that intimidating. Cute but not scarey.

I don't know if he belongs to PAW, but I've seen him around other sites.

rayrrrrr:smash:

Well I got ate up, lol...Intimidating??? You mean You're NOt Scerrred? LOL!
Dang it Man! Musta been those dang jumpin' beans...uhhhh CATS!
btw Thanks, You're pretty cute to, there;)

beenbag
  • beenbag
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Hey Sodaman
I noticed that, too. They were on earlier and I just went there to put in some autobids and it is gone. Come play at our place if you like.
www.pennygeek.com

Racingbroker
  • Racingbroker
  • Members
  • 567 posts

Is it just me or did all the bid buddies dissapear on every auction? I setup an autobid on PS3 and went to check on it an hour later and it was over at 8 cents.:S
The autobid never started. But they claim everything is fine on there end. But I don't see anyone using bid assist since that PS3 auction ended.

Similar thing happened on winno when admin restarted an auction and wiped out my autobid. By the time I got the email from them saying to reset your autobids the auction was over. Someone gets a laptop for a few bids. I didn't even get to participate in the auction.

Didn't want reputation as "Bit*hy Kitty, lol..so I did not say anything..but you're right. MAYBE>>>>I didn't know what I was doing? Could be the burned finger:smilielol5:

ChooChooKazoo
  • ChooChooKazoo
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Unfortunately we did have a glitch with the autobids that we found and we were able to fix it and all is well now! Again I would like to clarify that we are all live and real people here. We do a lot of local advertising and have had a large response. We have payment receipts as well as their information. We do not give out our users information however if you would like I will definately encourage our users to post on here to varify that they are real people. Thank you to all of our bidders and I do wish you all happy bidding!

Thank you,

ChooChooKazoo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users