information new site question winner

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

waterdiver
  • waterdiver
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Hi PAWers. I'm newdrool to the penny auction world, and I guess my question, if anyone can answer it is..... Is this for real???? I went on a site called 5050auctions.com*heart*, and I only bought 20 bids & it was my first time so I was pretty nervous...But I won a $50 amazon G.C.then, after I won the item they gave me back half of the bids I used to win. WOW... So can any of you penny auction vets gimmie some insight? scam or not?? Are they going to send me the g.c?*huh**huh**huh* I found the site on facebook.....

Edited by PennyAuctionWatch, 24 March 2010 - 03:38 AM.
changed title to site name

Racingbroker
  • Racingbroker
  • Members
  • 567 posts

I am a bit curious myself. I found some old info, in search at top.
I am hoping Admin might do her Special Powers Magic and advise.:wink:

LCNSEW
  • LCNSEW
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

I decided to give this site a try and I am positive this site is a SCAM! I started by watching for a few days before I actually started playing. If you have watched, you will notice that majority of the bidders will randomly bid.. only the real players(like Racingbroker and Waterdiver) will repeat bids right after someone bids against them. And if you have watched you also notice that auctions last for a long time. Well when I finally decided to try, every item I was bidding on was going to end with no one bidding in the final seconds except me. So I stopped bidding to see if someone would bid but the auction ended. So I started bidding on another item and same thing happened. I'm not sure If I'm explaining this right but I've played on enough Penny auction sites to know that there was definitely something not right. So don't waste your money on this site.

caveninit
  • caveninit
  • Members
  • 2,554 posts

When I first started bidding on Penny Auctions I gave that site a try...wasted a bit of money and never went back. I always felt they had shills, but of course could never prove it.

Missinglink96817
  • Missinglink96817
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

personally I started with their free bids and managed to win a 50$ macy's gift card(I haven't received it yet, but I"m expecting it this week) of course their shipping is ridiculously high... they do have very good variety of items, but I might have to reconsider spending more money on it due to the high shipping. For those who don't know it is 10$ fixed shipping cost(Correct me if I'm wrong they might have changed it :P).

BAYAREA
  • BAYAREA
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 475 posts

Hello, I just joined and won $50 target gift card and free 100 bids but when I paid for my won items, I noticed that they charged for the 100 bids, too. I was surprised cuz usually those bids are free of shipping. They send us electronically and why they charge? It wasn't that hard to win but I think tonight is my first day and my last day. $10 shipping is way to pricy for me.

Missinglink96817
  • Missinglink96817
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Hello, I just joined and won $50 target gift card and free 100 bids but when I paid for my won items, I noticed that they charged for the 100 bids, too. I was surprised cuz usually those bids are free of shipping. They send us electronically and why they charge? It wasn't that hard to win but I think tonight is my first day and my last day. $10 shipping is way to pricy for me.

After you use up those 100 bids right ;)? Mmm I think if played right those bids will win you quite some good stuff :]... but again I do agree.. the shipping is too expensive, I am appalled myself that you said they charge the shipping on the bid packets as well? :\

BAYAREA
  • BAYAREA
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 475 posts

Hahaha...I already used my 100bids and couldn't win any:smilielol5:! and yes, they charged me $10 for the 100bids. I sent a ticket to the site and waiting for their reply. I'll update for the shipping when I get the email.;)

After you use up those 100 bids right ;)? Mmm I think if played right those bids will win you quite some good stuff :]... but again I do agree.. the shipping is too expensive, I am appalled myself that you said they charge the shipping on the bid packets as well? :\

jperry6097
  • jperry6097
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

I watched an auction and wrote down about 280 different people that bid on the item in the last 10 seconds and then 5 seconds..(I think it was a nintendo ) it took about 10 minutes for the end to be done..but come on, 280 different bidders..I wrote all the names down and for the fact that I am in the process of researching to start a penny auction I have been to about 98% of the penny auctions out there. I spend significant time on every site I research and I can say that maybe about 5 of these bidders are people that I have seen on other sites. The rest..not so sure. I have won 2 items..in my first visit..haven't received yet. I am noticing a bit of trend here..you all seem to win on your first visit as I did. I won the first 2 with relative ease, but I was keeping the bulk of my bids for one particular item. The next day that item was coming to an end and I bid almost all of my bids in the last 5 seconds and the timer ran down to 1 second and my bid didn't go through..very well could have been my fault but while that was ending another item I had already invested in and was waiting for the timer to reset to a lesser amount ended at 20 seconds and was never listed on the winners page. I did email them and never received a reply...I have since gone back there just to observe and none of the strange names on my list have been there again..nothing about this site seems quite right..I dont ever see an auction that is in the last 10 minutes and has 280 different people bidding on it. I wish this were the norm, then it would make my decision about starting a site easy,lol.

Missinglink96817
  • Missinglink96817
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

I watched an auction and wrote down about 280 different people that bid on the item in the last 10 seconds and then 5 seconds..(I think it was a nintendo ) it took about 10 minutes for the end to be done..but come on, 280 different bidders..I wrote all the names down and for the fact that I am in the process of researching to start a penny auction I have been to about 98% of the penny auctions out there. I spend significant time on every site I research and I can say that maybe about 5 of these bidders are people that I have seen on other sites. The rest..not so sure. I have won 2 items..in my first visit..haven't received yet. I am noticing a bit of trend here..you all seem to win on your first visit as I did. I won the first 2 with relative ease, but I was keeping the bulk of my bids for one particular item. The next day that item was coming to an end and I bid almost all of my bids in the last 5 seconds and the timer ran down to 1 second and my bid didn't go through..very well could have been my fault but while that was ending another item I had already invested in and was waiting for the timer to reset to a lesser amount ended at 20 seconds and was never listed on the winners page. I did email them and never received a reply...I have since gone back there just to observe and none of the strange names on my list have been there again..nothing about this site seems quite right..I dont ever see an auction that is in the last 10 minutes and has 280 different people bidding on it. I wish this were the norm, then it would make my decision about starting a site easy,lol.

First and foremost, if you've done quite a bit of bidding you should know the site's timer threshold the limit in which you are able to bid. 5050auctions I believe is I believe the last 2 seconds(This is with a refresh every so often). What item were you bidding on? You never know, maybe like couple of hundreds of newbies joined and wanted that exact item and they spent their free bids on it and lost, thus they never appear again. I've done that quite a bit myself, take the free bids win or lose then if I don't feel like it then I won't go back to the site. I do agree that is weird that the ended item didn't show up on the list how long did you wait to check? Because I know 5050auctions doesn't show ALL the ended auctions, your auction might have been covered by recently ended auctions. Hope this helps. woot

jperry6097
  • jperry6097
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

It was last week and no it never showed up...more the issue is when I emailed them about it, they never got back to me....I think it is a stretch that 280 people were new at the exact same time..as I said I spend a lot of time on these sites and have only seen 5 of the 280 on other sites..in the last 3 weeks I am on these sights about 18 hours a day. Every auction I have watched at 5050 has a very similar scenario, bunch of people I never see anywhere ever again. I am sure the timer thing was my fault, and as I said I did win twice and I am not disgruntled because of losing, I am just replying to a thread that was opened with my observations from my research. I really do hope that it is the case that these are real people because it gives me high hopes, but the facts don't lie and when I visit many other legitimate sites they don't have the traffic, and yes I also researched the key words 5050 may have used in there marketing plan and very rarely does it pop up on search engines, all of this I do, not to discredit them but to see what the really successful sites are doing differently from the sites that don't make it.

BAYAREA
  • BAYAREA
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 475 posts

It's already 11:03am PST, how come the auction doesn't start? Have any idea?
update: it's started now.

Edited by BAYAREA, 29 March 2010 - 06:06 PM.

Racingbroker
  • Racingbroker
  • Members
  • 567 posts

I decided to give this site a try and I am positive this site is a SCAM! I started by watching for a few days before I actually started playing. If you have watched, you will notice that majority of the bidders will randomly bid.. only the real players(like Racingbroker and Waterdiver) will repeat bids right after someone bids against them. And if you have watched you also notice that auctions last for a long time. Well when I finally decided to try, every item I was bidding on was going to end with no one bidding in the final seconds except me. So I stopped bidding to see if someone would bid but the auction ended. So I started bidding on another item and same thing happened. I'm not sure If I'm explaining this right but I've played on enough Penny auction sites to know that there was definitely something not right. So don't waste your money on this site.

Hi LCNSEW, I've noticed some strange stuff there as well, and yes you've explained it well as far as what I have seen myself,...BTW great work JPerry6097..I also agree with Bay that $10 shipping on bidpacks is nuts.
I also noticed that a few of us won, just on our free bids alone. Then you buy bids and win nothing. I am going to wait and see if I receive the game I won, and just keep watching. Have any of you received items, other than bidpacks? Let me know, Thanks Racingbroker aka 2Tuff2Tame;)

waterdiver
  • waterdiver
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

*heart*Hiya PAW, woot

I just wanted to update everyone on my last post. I've received my gift card a couple days ago, It only took about a week as promised on the site. I've gone on to buy more bids and have won more itemsdrool. Waiting on delivery but feel more confident since the gift card arrived. I've read some of the other post about the shipping, and while it's definately higher than other sites I've found that not having to pay a high " END AUCTION PRICE "-More than makes up for the difference.:rolleyes: On top of the fact they give you half of the bids back on items I've won & I've won items with those bids as well.:bigsmile: I've got my feet wet on some other sites & so far had the most success with 5050.;) I like it!!!!

LCNSEW
  • LCNSEW
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Hi LCNSEW, I've noticed some strange stuff there as well, and yes you've explained it well as far as what I have seen myself,...BTW great work JPerry6097..I also agree with Bay that $10 shipping on bidpacks is nuts.
I also noticed that a few of us won, just on our free bids alone. Then you buy bids and win nothing. I am going to wait and see if I receive the game I won, and just keep watching. Have any of you received items, other than bidpacks? Let me know, Thanks Racingbroker aka 2Tuff2Tame;)

Hi Racingbroker! I like your name... both of them... Good luck bidding...I've seen you at a couple of places. I'm LCNSEW aka Shadow

Racingbroker
  • Racingbroker
  • Members
  • 567 posts

Hi Racingbroker! I like your name... both of them... Good luck bidding...I've seen you at a couple of places. I'm LCNSEW aka Shadow

THANKS!:cool: Yours too, Shadow! ( Not sure I understand LCNSEW, but that's o.k.) Good Luck & Happy Bidding to you as well.
I saw You over at BidOction, the last couple of days, cool! Glad to know you!woot
BTW..Received my game from 5050, they are pretty cool...so far.
Still cautious, though. We have to be!! Sorry I missed this earlier!:redface:
G' nite..
Racingbroker

RDKing
  • RDKing
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Hi PAWers. I'm newdrool to the penny auction world, and I guess my question, if anyone can answer it is..... Is this for real???? I went on a site called 5050auctions.com*heart*, and I only bought 20 bids & it was my first time so I was pretty nervous...But I won a $50 amazon G.C.then, after I won the item they gave me back half of the bids I used to win. WOW... So can any of you penny auction vets gimmie some insight? scam or not?? Are they going to send me the g.c?*huh**huh**huh* I found the site on facebook.....

Hi ya
I just sat for quite awhile watching an auction on the site and as soon as it got to 0 another bidder would bid but the price did not move up. I also checked the winners page and all the auctions went for .50 ummmm I know I am a newbie but I am sure this site is a scam.
PS I have an official name now that I have figured out that pas really are a community and so I decided I needed one name it is Addicted2Bidding or AddictedBidding, sorry for any and all confusion this may have caused.
Addicted

Missinglink96817
  • Missinglink96817
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Hi ya
I just sat for quite awhile watching an auction on the site and as soon as it got to 0 another bidder would bid but the price did not move up. I also checked the winners page and all the auctions went for .50 ummmm I know I am a newbie but I am sure this site is a scam.
PS I have an official name now that I have figured out that pas really are a community and so I decided I needed one name it is Addicted2Bidding or AddictedBidding, sorry for any and all confusion this may have caused.
Addicted

I've received my items from them o.O, am I a scam?*huh*

suzyq
  • suzyq
  • Members
  • 3,109 posts

Hi ya
Addicted

All auctions at 50/50 will go no higher than 50 cents. So once the price gets to that point, it will not change no matter how many bids are placed.

As far as being a scam....I have not played there in a long time so I would have no idea. I did win one time when they first opened and received my win very quickly.
I used to be a powerbidder, but now I just make mental bids. That’s how I lost my mind.
suzyq aka cwazywabbit

waterdiver
  • waterdiver
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Hello Pawers !!!
I've been bidding like crazydrooldrool. Winning, losing, having fun... I have still been doing a majority of my bidding at 5050, but since I was on a roll I also signed up at swoopo. I won a couple things at swoopo but I've still had most of my success at 5050. I don't want to sound like I endorse them, but I did see some posts on here which I think deserve a response out of fairness....First off, shills and or bots:mad::mad: . I watched 5050's site on and off all day last sunday and noticed a good amount of activity...which made me happy I saw users I've seen in the past as well as on some of the other sites I'm on. As far as shipping goes, while it's a little high, I've done the math, and paying only fifty cents + their shipping definitely beats paying a higher end item price, and lower or no shipping. But still...shipping on BidPacks? Not fair :36: anywho Happy bidding Pawers...wootwootwoot

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: information, new site, question, winner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users