bidray dealdash

• Please log in to reply
2801 replies to this topic

PennyPincher
  • PennyPincher
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Bidray is now DealDash! They are now setting up the new site, so hold tight as it will most likely be up very soon. I hope they will ship to Florida finally. *heart*
BIGGGLE! Fun to say and fun to play! :smash:

Sodaman
  • Sodaman
  • Members
  • 603 posts

They are up and running now. woot Use the same user name and password that you had from Bidray. The bid balance doesn't show on main page but you can see it on the item links. I hope this is bug free. :smilielol5: I don't like the 10 cent increments. The final price will cut into savings 10 fold.

Edited by Sodaman, 01 April 2010 - 05:16 PM.

Drink in Moderation :-17-:

amyswinningways
  • amyswinningways
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts

They are up and running now. woot Use the same user name and password that you had from Bidray. The bid balance doesn't show on main page but you can see it on the item links. I hope this is bug free. :smilielol5:

Don't like. Nuff said. :(

Ally
  • Ally
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Personally I am not excited about the "great" changes:
1. shipping is expensive
2. no discounts for big bid packs
3. 10 cent increments means high end prices
4. buy it now option means lot of late jumpers...so yeah, you can buy out and not lose much but you also have slim chance of a bargain. if i wanted retail, i would stick to ebay.
Note: read the fine print. what they call bonus bids do not contribute to your buy it now price. What are these bonus bids? are bid packs that you win considered bonuses? In that case, those bids will not help lower your buy it now price. As of now, all my leftover bidray bids are now called bonus bids in my dealdash account so I guess this means noone will be buying it now today.

I miss the good ol bidray :(

amyswinningways
  • amyswinningways
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Ditto!!!!!

atle27
  • atle27
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Personally I am not excited about the "great" changes:
1. shipping is expensive
2. no discounts for big bid packs
3. 10 cent increments means high end prices
4. buy it now option means lot of late jumpers...so yeah, you can buy out and not lose much but you also have slim chance of a bargain. if i wanted retail, i would stick to ebay.
Note: read the fine print. what they call bonus bids do not contribute to your buy it now price. What are these bonus bids? are bid packs that you win considered bonuses? In that case, those bids will not help lower your buy it now price. As of now, all my leftover bidray bids are now called bonus bids in my dealdash account so I guess this means noone will be buying it now today.

It is quite different from the old BidRay. Yes the auctions for bids are actually Bonus Credits (which will not count towards Buy It Now). One thing that I dislike and think will change shortly is that they have a Buy It Now option for the Bonus Credit auctions. I have seen a number of sites offer this initially only to take the option away. There is no profit for the owner to offer Buy It Now on bid packages. Question that I sent off was if you use the Buy It Now on the bid package, would the bids be considered regular credits or bonus credits. I would assume the former. Won't know for sure until Tuesday, as I got an email response saying that the support team is out for Easter weekend until then. Hmmm... so are they going to have any additional auctions up for the weekend, or is this the first batch until Tuesday.

Some other things to note is that the win limit is now 2 wins per day. The good thing is that they seemed to have closed the autobid win limit loophole. At least, it is stated on the site that once you reach your limit for the day, your remaining autobidders shall be cancelled.

It will be interesting to see which powerbidders return to the site and for how long (just to use up the remaining bids in their accounts???).

atle27
  • atle27
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

It is quite different from the old BidRay. Yes the auctions for bids are actually Bonus Credits (which will not count towards Buy It Now). One thing that I dislike and think will change shortly is that they have a Buy It Now option for the Bonus Credit auctions. I have seen a number of sites offer this initially only to take the option away. There is no profit for the owner to offer Buy It Now on bid packages. Question that I sent off was if you use the Buy It Now on the bid package, would the bids be considered regular credits or bonus credits. I would assume the former. Won't know for sure until Tuesday, as I got an email response saying that the support team is out for Easter weekend until then. Hmmm... so are they going to have any additional auctions up for the weekend, or is this the first batch until Tuesday.

Actually, now that I took a closer look at the bid package auctions, I think that they may still count as only bonus credits if you use the buy it now. The Buy It Now price is discounted at $0.75 per bid. With that in mind, there may be less people that use the buy option, maybe also less people interested in the auction itself. Who knows?

Sodaman
  • Sodaman
  • Members
  • 603 posts

2 wins per day? The power bidders will have a party.
:party:
There will be nothing left to bid on. Maybe some towels or poker chips. lmao :smilielol5:

amyswinningways
  • amyswinningways
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Won't know for sure until Tuesday, as I got an email response saying that the support team is out for Easter weekend until then.

That little weasel told me I would have my amazon card on Friday(that I won LAST WEEK) as that is when they do those. What a turd!

wxchic
  • wxchic
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Has anyone else had any trouble getting to the website? I tried typing it in and going from the link in the email and now I just get the godaddy page. Any help?

p.s.
I hate all the changes so far too

Sodaman
  • Sodaman
  • Members
  • 603 posts

I'm getting the same thing. They could have pick a better web host than Godaddy.

occupant
  • occupant
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Well this sucks. No more BidRay. Power bidder's paradise. Same format as every other entertainment auction website out there. I might as well buy some abandoned cars from a police auction and entertain myself by reading what broke people buy from Wal-Mart when I find the receipts shoved under the seats.

Well, that's entertaining for me anyway. I just need the wife's permission to buy broken cars. And that's a permission that isn't often signed off on.

OH. AND IT'S BROKEN! WHOO-HOO! EXCITING *CENSORED* RIGHT HERE, FOLKS!!!

willie
  • willie
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Well I guess I'm screwed. If I use my bids I have to give them more money. The price of the auction and inflated shipping. If I don't use them I'm out the bids.They really screwed us making our bids bonus bids. Where I come from you don't screw your loyal customers. Maybe they really are from England they been trying to screw us forever.Yeah the changes are really cool. Way too cool for me. I'm outta there as soon as my bids are gone.

willie
  • willie
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts

:beatdeadhorse5::beatdeadhorse5::beatdeadhorse5:

suzyq
  • suzyq
  • Members
  • 3,109 posts

Well this sucks. No more BidRay. Power bidder's paradise. Same format as every other entertainment auction website out there. I might as well buy some abandoned cars from a police auction and entertain myself by reading what broke people buy from Wal-Mart when I find the receipts shoved under the seats.

That is an extremely insensitive thing for you to say! I'm sure many PAW members and guests do, in fact, shop at Wal-Mart. It does not necessarily mean that they are "broke". And if they are short on funds, that makes your comment even more disturbing. No reason to poke fun at those less fortunate than yourself.
I used to be a powerbidder, but now I just make mental bids. That’s how I lost my mind.
suzyq aka cwazywabbit

mp25bs
  • mp25bs
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

it sounds like someone needs to read the book 'the millionare next door' and find out how most of the rich people get rich and stay rich.

I can recommend a funny but rated MA video on walmart. Penn & Teller: BS, season 5 episode 2.

amyswinningways
  • amyswinningways
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts

That is an extremely insensitive thing for you to say! I'm sure many PAW members and guests do, in fact, shop at Wal-Mart. It does not necessarily mean that they are "broke". And if they are short on funds, that makes your comment even more disturbing. No reason to poke fun at those less fortunate than yourself.

ROFLMAO!!! YOu are sooo off the mark and only because you have no idea who you are talking too. The man has had 60 broke *** cars. It's his thing. His "baby" is a 76 Ford Torino we paid $355 for from a pawn shop on ebay. Trust me, he meant nothing of the sort other than he was being sarcastic. Quick note, when I met him he was living in a van down by the river. :smilielol5:

Another quick note, we do shop at Walmart for a lot of things. Just not the Hillsboro, Tx Walmart where they hike up the prices just because they can(and the store manager will tell you that fact as, being where they are located, they have no competition).

Really now. Do me, and yourself, a huge favor and take everything the occupant says with a grain of salt. His sense of humor doesn't always mesh with others. ;)

amyswinningways
  • amyswinningways
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts

it sounds like someone needs to read the book 'the millionare next door' and find out how most of the rich people get rich and stay rich.

I can recommend a funny but rated MA video on walmart. Penn & Teller: BS, season 5 episode 2.

LOL. We've probably seen it. Have you checked out peopleofwalmart.com? We've got friends that work at the big W. Some of the stories they tell. :smilielol5:

suzyq
  • suzyq
  • Members
  • 3,109 posts

Really now. Do me, and yourself, a huge favor and take everything the occupant says with a grain of salt. His sense of humor doesn't always mesh with others. ;)

I do apologize if I read something into this that was meant to be funny. Without knowing the background info, you have to admit that it does sound just plain nasty. Sorry, occupant....wish you didn't hide out in this thread. I love a sense of humor....why not spread it around PAW a bit?
I used to be a powerbidder, but now I just make mental bids. That’s how I lost my mind.
suzyq aka cwazywabbit

dollfunatic
  • dollfunatic
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts

They are up and running now. woot Use the same user name and password that you had from Bidray. The bid balance doesn't show on main page but you can see it on the item links. I hope this is bug free. :smilielol5: I don't like the 10 cent increments. The final price will cut into savings 10 fold.

Besides the .10 cent increments now you have to pay for shipping too--what a bummer:(

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bidray, dealdash

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users