bidray dealdash

• Please log in to reply
2801 replies to this topic

willie
  • willie
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts

I emailed them & was told they are backed up due to the change over. I have one item from 4/1 I haven't gotten, but I'm told they will catch up.

Thanks, Its a little better since they dropped to .05 per bid and you get your bid wins and trades instantly. It's still expensive though. The auction price and shipping. Shipping should be faster since we pay for it. If Amazon shipped this slow they would be out of business.

amyswinningways
  • amyswinningways
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Well, that was a load of crap. Been trying for over an hour to cancel bids on DealDash and it wouldn't let me. Tried different browsers, tried refreshing, tried making a bid and then canceling, but NOTHING. It SAID it was cancelled but never too effect. I don't bid against some people. Some due to respect, some because I'm not stupid and don't bid against powerbidders.

Radar, hun, sorry. You could have had the amazon a lot sooner if, when it said it had cancelled the Autobid, it actually did.

Their servers are not equipped to handle the influx of newbies. It gets really REALLY slow.

I've got an email in to Dave and Larry as I am absolutely irritated about it.

candy
  • candy
  • Members
  • 2,195 posts

Well, that was a load of crap. Been trying for over an hour to cancel bids on DealDash and it wouldn't let me. Tried different browsers, tried refreshing, tried making a bid and then canceling, but NOTHING. It SAID it was cancelled but never too effect. I don't bid against some people. Some due to respect, some because I'm not stupid and don't bid against powerbidders.

Radar, hun, sorry. You could have had the amazon a lot sooner if, when it said it had cancelled the Autobid, it actually did.

Their servers are not equipped to handle the influx of newbies. It gets really REALLY slow.

I've got an email in to Dave and Larry as I am absolutely irritated about it.

You're not the only one having problems! I have lost a few auctions due to malfunctions. The page doesn't load & you watch the circle go round & round & round. By the time it loads again.... Auction Over :mad:

amazindeals
  • amazindeals
  • Guests
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

lOVE DEALDASH!

MaddMann
  • MaddMann
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts

When was it that I suggested (pleaded) Bidray/DealDash have auctions free of a Bid Buddy or Bid Butler?

I think it is a great concept and welcome these auctions.

Now, if they would change the name to something like "Mad Dash," then I would be totally impressed with the promotion.
:mad: Can't you see I'm Madd as hell, don't take the risk :mad: eddyhez lll AFTERDARK

LoanWoof
  • LoanWoof
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

When was it that I suggested (pleaded) Bidray/DealDash have auctions free of a Bid Buddy or Bid Butler?

I think it is a great concept and welcome these auctions.

Great idea in concept but somewhat problematic in the execution... The auctions are so badly lagged that you're often five bids behind. Bids go unregistered as (I suspect) http requests to the server pile up. If you've noticed, all aspects of the site are sorely lagging since they've introduced the BidBuddy-free auctions.

Not that it's a bad concept - I think it's a great way to go but their programmers need to do a bit more work before they bring it online.

BTW - if you look forward in their upcoming auctions you'll see they've stopped offering BidBuddy-free auctions after 10PM (PST) Sunday night. My guess is they saw that the system's having problems but didn't want to pull auctions that were already announced. I'll bet they re-tool the servers and bring BB-free auctions back soon.

Sodaman
  • Sodaman
  • Members
  • 603 posts

The nail bitter auctions keep the PB's away. They can't just load up butler and leave. They don't want to risk losing a live auction so they don't play.
Drink in Moderation :-17-:

LoanWoof
  • LoanWoof
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Color me wrong (not the first time) - DealDash lined up quite a few more Autobid-free auctions in the next few days so it looks like they're sticking with the idea. Quite a few big-ticket items on that list but lots of small items that people never used Autobid on in the first place... Low cost movies that often only get one or two bids won't change complexion when they turn off Autobidding.

I agree with Sodaman - it's interesting to see how the power bidders are avoiding the Autobid-free auctions. More interesting is to the big dogs dip their toes in the auction and then give up soon afterward; likely an unusual experience for them to be auction quitters.:o

Kylegendary
  • Kylegendary
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

I am shocked! How did Skyline beat techie159?
Don't believe me?
See for yourself: DealDash.com - Logitech diNovo mini, palm-sized mini-keyboard

This is insanity.

PennyPincher
  • PennyPincher
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Dun...Dun...Dunhhhh. I remember when I used to bid here. Techie was still a power bidder then too.
BIGGGLE! Fun to say and fun to play! :smash:

willie
  • willie
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Hey you 2 are team playing on the harddrive and chili card. Thats not allowed.

caveninit
  • caveninit
  • Members
  • 2,554 posts

Who is team playing? People in this forum can and do bid on the same auctions...there are rules against people who have the same IP address or are from the same household bidding in the same auctions. Are you accusing someone of colluding?

willie
  • willie
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts

yes they know who they are

LoanWoof
  • LoanWoof
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

I am shocked! How did Skyline beat techie159?

This is insanity.

Skyline and techie159 going at it again right now, well past the 12 hour mark now at 3,300+ bids cast... DealDash.com - Panasonic 32-Inch LCD HDTV with iPod Dock

Interestingly, blake is also battling techie159, also well past the 12 hour mark w/ 2,600+ bids cast... DealDash.com - ViewSonic Movie Projector - 3D Ready

techie159 hasn't been that active lately and his focus has been more on the high-value gift cards and not the high priced items... I wonder if he's attempting to re-establish himself as a top dog with the big ticket auctions?

caveninit
  • caveninit
  • Members
  • 2,554 posts

yes they know who they are

Have you reported them to Dealdash? I would....I've been on the receiving end of "tag teams" more times than I can count and it sucks...unfortunately, it's hard to prove.

amyswinningways
  • amyswinningways
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts

The nail bitter auctions keep the PB's away. They can't just load up butler and leave. They don't want to risk losing a live auction so they don't play.

Not anymore they don't.

amyswinningways
  • amyswinningways
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Anyone else still waiting on won auctions since the 2nd week in June or beyond? Hubby went and threw all his bids on to auctions here and there to get rid of them and won't be bidding or buying again till they get caught up. He asked about the gift cards in question, but they have yet to have responded.

amyswinningways
  • amyswinningways
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Skyline and techie159 going at it again right now, well past the 12 hour mark now at 3,300+ bids cast... DealDash.com - Panasonic 32-Inch LCD HDTV with iPod Dock

Interestingly, blake is also battling techie159, also well past the 12 hour mark w/ 2,600+ bids cast... DealDash.com - ViewSonic Movie Projector - 3D Ready

techie159 hasn't been that active lately and his focus has been more on the high-value gift cards and not the high priced items... I wonder if he's attempting to re-establish himself as a top dog with the big ticket auctions?

He was laying low because of his YouTube video. Didn't want the scandal and all. :smilielol5: Expect each auction to probably hit 10,000 bids before it is decided unless Techie bails. Blake and Kelley have consistently taken out those who go against them to the point of making the $100+ mark. Sit back and enjoy the show! :lurk5:

PennyPincher
  • PennyPincher
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Is his youtube video available? And why was he laying low? What scandal?!?
BIGGGLE! Fun to say and fun to play! :smash:

amyswinningways
  • amyswinningways
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Is his youtube video available? And why was he laying low? What scandal?!?

YouTube - iPad Giveaway!

They'll swear it isn't, but yeah right. Remember the old bidray thread where someone tracked him down to being a 17 year old kid. Yeah, well, enjoy the video. :smilielol5:

Edited by amyswinningways, 08 July 2010 - 06:13 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bidray, dealdash

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users