Started by Suladead , Apr 04 2010 12:40 AM

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

Suladead
  • Suladead
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Jeeler.com uses a system that starts items out at 10% retail and has them drop a penny with every bid. Items end when the timer runs out or when the item reaches a penny.

PAbidder
  • PAbidder
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

I like the idea, but this platform SCREAMS late jumpers. I hope you all the best of success.

monikab
  • monikab
  • Members
  • 834 posts

are they legit ? anybody knows ?

monika

Mizshutterbug
  • Mizshutterbug
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 278 posts

Jeeler.com uses a system that starts items out at 10% retail and has them drop a penny with every bid. Items end when the timer runs out or when the item reaches a penny.

Well I signed up and it shows 4 free bids for me right? And so a Culver gift certificate ending in 7 days is on there and I just put a bid on it and it shows 3 bids left. However the kicker is the name darkhaven was the winner for a few minutes then my name just now showed up as the top bidder. So if this is happening at the end of an auction you will be having some major issues. Just wanted to let you know. And I was trying to access the FAQ area but it has nothing in it. Linda aka Luv2Win

Suladead
  • Suladead
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts

are they legit ? anybody knows ?

monika

I assure you that it is legit. April is our preview month, but every Auction on there can be won and will be shipped at no cost. Right now we just need people to sign up and help get us moving. Please let me know of any issues you have with the site.

Each new user will get 4 free bids, just for signing up.

The FAQ section is filled now as well.

As for the improper name appearing sometimes when you bid. This is a known issue that will be taken care of asap. But rest assured that the system still takes your bid and your user id as the current bidder. It is more of just a vanity bug.

We are Paypal verified, Green, and soon to be Verisign secure.

Take care, and good luck to everyone!

I'll see you at www.Jeeler.com!

Thanks!

Randy G Wescott
Co-Owner
Jeeler.com LLC
13534 S. Deer Creek Ave.
Kokomo, IN 46901
admin@jeeler.com

Edited by Suladead, 04 April 2010 - 06:47 AM.

KSteven7
  • KSteven7
  • Members
  • 541 posts

Good luck on your new site and I will see you there.

knivez112
  • knivez112
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 485 posts

well i see people from other sites on jeeler.com so i'll give it a whirl.

Suladead
  • Suladead
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts

I want you all to know that we appreciate your support thus far and look forward to the future. We strive to bring great products to everyone and we want to prove ourselves today.

We have an item up to end in a couple hours. We will then ship the item, after receiving payment, and the lucky winner will see first hand as it arrives in the mail. If the winner belongs to this forum, may they speak the truth and let the world know their prize.

Good luck everyone!

Suladead
  • Suladead
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts

thatsmine has just won a $25 Walmart Gift Card for $2.42 using only free bids.

woot Congradulations thatsmine! woot

We hope to see you back to win more!

Suladead
  • Suladead
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Just a quick note to everyone who doesn't know Jeeler.com. Aside from our standard Drop Auctions we will be listing Spontaneous Auctions that will range anywhere from 1 to 24 hours.

Hopefully these Auctions will keep things exciting as you never know what will be listed next. You'll just have to check back often.

Hope to see everyone there!

Thanks!

Suladead
  • Suladead
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Well I signed up and it shows 4 free bids for me right? And so a Culver gift certificate ending in 7 days is on there and I just put a bid on it and it shows 3 bids left. However the kicker is the name darkhaven was the winner for a few minutes then my name just now showed up as the top bidder. So if this is happening at the end of an auction you will be having some major issues. Just wanted to let you know. And I was trying to access the FAQ area but it has nothing in it. Linda aka Luv2Win

Hello friend. I just want to thank you and let you know that this bug has been fixed! You may bid happy knowing that you no longer need to refresh the page after each bid. Each proper name shows up correctly. Please let me know if you have any more problems with this and we will take care of it immediately.

Thank you for sticking with us!

Mizshutterbug
  • Mizshutterbug
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 278 posts

Hello friend. I just want to thank you and let you know that this bug has been fixed! You may bid happy knowing that you no longer need to refresh the page after each bid. Each proper name shows up correctly. Please let me know if you have any more problems with this and we will take care of it immediately.

Thank you for sticking with us!

Thanks Randy...I'll head over to see what other goodies you have up for bids!!! Good luck with your site...it's hard work but in the end everything will be just fine!!

Linda aka Luv2Win

Suladead
  • Suladead
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Thanks Randy...I'll head over to see what other goodies you have up for bids!!! Good luck with your site...it's hard work but in the end everything will be just fine!!

Linda aka Luv2Win

You're very welcome!

Remember if you don't see anything you like at Jeeler.com, visit this thread and tell us directly want you want via the Poll.

If you don't see anything you want on the Poll, then you may email feedback@jeeler.com to let us know.

We want Jeeler.com to be a place that caters to our customers wants. All that you need to do is let us know what you want. ;)

Have a good evening world!

NHappraiser
  • NHappraiser
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 486 posts

Question for Jeeler
I am new to reveal auctions so forgive me if this is stupid.
Take the Wii which starts of at say $19.99. Lets say 10 people bid dropping the price to $19.89 and then the auction timer ends. You have made $19.89 on the Wii plus the $5 on the bids ($0.50x10). So you spent $199.99 at Amazon and received $24.89 in fees. You are going to lose $175.10 correct? Is there a reserve to keep you from losing money or is it possible for one bid to be placed and a winner to get lucky to get a $200 Wii for $19.98 plus the one bid?
Again, I'm new so bear with me. Are there any reserves or fail safe measures you have in place such as automatic extension of the timer, removal of the item to be placed at a later date with any bids placed being returned, or something else. I am just trying to learn more before spending money.

Suladead
  • Suladead
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Question for Jeeler
I am new to reveal auctions so forgive me if this is stupid.
Take the Wii which starts of at say $19.99. Lets say 10 people bid dropping the price to $19.89 and then the auction timer ends. You have made $19.89 on the Wii plus the $5 on the bids ($0.50x10). So you spent $199.99 at Amazon and received $24.89 in fees. You are going to lose $175.10 correct? Is there a reserve to keep you from losing money or is it possible for one bid to be placed and a winner to get lucky to get a $200 Wii for $19.98 plus the one bid?
Again, I'm new so bear with me. Are there any reserves or fail safe measures you have in place such as automatic extension of the timer, removal of the item to be placed at a later date with any bids placed being returned, or something else. I am just trying to learn more before spending money.

Believe me when I say friend that we have lost plenty of money because this is true. We have no reserves at all. Given that situation with the Wii, as mentioned above, we would lose $175.10 and probably cry a little. :eek:

Just look at our closed Auctions and you will see how things work out. We had a $25 Paypal Credit given to someone for only using 1 of their 4 free bids. This combined with only 1 other bidder gave them a heckuvadeal. They used 1 free bid, paid $2.48, and got $25 dollars credited to their Paypal.

If you have any more questions, just ask! ;)

Take care friend!

rpgman1
  • rpgman1
  • Members
  • 543 posts

I wonder if any of these lowest bid auctions work? I've tried Winnit and I've used up all of my free bids. It's really tricky to guess them correctly.

NHappraiser
  • NHappraiser
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 486 posts

Thanks for the reply.
I actually read your Poll thread and saw there were no reserves.
I will look into it more.

Suladead
  • Suladead
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts

I wonder if any of these lowest bid auctions work? I've tried Winnit and I've used up all of my free bids. It's really tricky to guess them correctly.

There is no guessing with our site. It just works backwards from the way most PA's do. Our prices start at 10% retail and every time there is a bid placed the price drops a penny instead of going up a penny. The Auction will end when the timer stops at 0 or when the price reaches $0.01.

Suladead
  • Suladead
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Thanks for the reply.
I actually read your Poll thread and saw there were no reserves.
I will look into it more.

You are very welcome and I hope to see you at Jeeler! woot

Suladead
  • Suladead
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Check out Jeeler this Friday, Saturday, Sunday! We're running 9 auctions per day so look forward to some great deals!

I hope to see everyone there!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users