Background Image

Jeeler.com - Site Break down with a Poll

Started by Suladead , Apr 06 2010 07:36 AM
cat free bids free shipping jeeler penny

• Please log in to reply
108 replies to this topic

Poll: After visiting Jeeler.com, how do you feel about it? (19 member(s) have cast votes)

After visiting Jeeler.com, how do you feel about it?

1. Looks Promising...I'll keep an eye on it. (10 votes [52.63%])

Percentage of vote: 52.63%

2. Registered and Used Some Free Bids. Hope I win! (4 votes [21.05%])

Percentage of vote: 21.05%

3. Um, I like the cat... (1 votes [5.26%])

Percentage of vote: 5.26%

4. Needs some work before I will trust them fully. (4 votes [21.05%])

Percentage of vote: 21.05%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Suladead
  • Suladead
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts

PLEASE BE PATIENT. WE ARE STILL IN OUR EARLY STAGES SO IF YOU TRY TO VISIT THE WEBSITE AND IT IS UNVAILABLE ,DO NOT PANIC. WE ARE SIMPLY UNDERGOING MAINTENANCE AND WILL BE RIGHT BACK. ;) TAKE CARE! WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU THERE!

I wanted to break down Jeeler.com for everyone who hasn't been there to see it yet. That way everyone knows what we are all about.

* Penny Drop Auction - This means that our Auctions start at 10% Retail price and drop a penny every time someone bids on them. Items will end when the timer runs out or when the item reaches $0.01. This means that it's possible to buy any item on our site for only a penny!

* Auction Times & Timer - Throughout April our main Drop Auctions will be spread out days apart, but we will have Spontaneous Auctions ending almost everyday. Each item has a 15 second reset timer on it. When it falls under 15 seconds and someone bids, it will reset for another 15 seconds. The timer can never go above 15 seconds at this point.

* Free Shipping - Loathe bidding on that 50" HDTV because you don't want to flip the $90 bill for shipping? Well at Jeeler.com, you don't have to. We offer free shipping on each and every item we sell, no matter what.

* Sign Up Bonus - Everyone who registers at Jeeler.com will be given 4 free bids to use on whatever they want. These bids DO NOT expire over time. ;)

* Auctions: Wanted - Nearly every Auction on our site is something that a user has requested. This is how we want to build our future. Let us know what it is you want to buy and we will do our best to list it. Just email: feedback@jeeler.com or click the "What Do You Want To Buy?" link in our Suggestions Panel. It's that simple.

* Bid Safe & Secure - We have no Reserves or any other limits on bidding here. We only ask that you have 1 account per household. Soon we will be Verisign Secure and carry with it a grand symbol of trust.

* Jeeler the Cat - I couldn't end this break down without mentioning our trusty and quite meticulous mascot, Jeeler the Cat. He is there to smile and welcome everyone, comforting them as they browse our new site. Be careful though, it doesn't happen often but I have seen him bite!

Thank you for reading and be sure to take a look at our ever growing Drop Auction website, Jeeler.com. Afterwards, please come back and give your opinion in the poll above.

Edited by Suladead, 06 April 2010 - 07:44 AM.

EllaJames
  • EllaJames
  • Members
  • 668 posts

Goodness, how many threads have you started? :huh:

By the way, jeeler.com says:
Website Not Located
The website you are trying to access could not be located on this server. If you are trying to visit the secure (https) version of this website, please retype the URL without https

Suladead
  • Suladead
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Haha, well maybe I got a little carried away. ;)

I am simply trying to create some space for public discussion.

You would think that with all of these threads more people would post.

Give me a second, I must wipe away my sadness...:(

About the website not showing up, please refer to the top off the first post.

I edited it to show that we are doing some site upgrades to fix the bugs that have been nagging us. This is a good thing. We will be back soon and this will not affect any of the Auctions. If it does, bids will be refunded and such.

Thanks!

Edited by Suladead, 06 April 2010 - 08:12 AM.

Suladead
  • Suladead
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Jeeler.com is back Online now! We have just upgraded to a dedicated server. You may still see a few minor interruptions in the next few days as we work to eliminate the remaining bugs.

Thanks and hope to see you there!

coolguy451
  • coolguy451
  • Members
  • 1,144 posts

For me, seeing too many threads by a site owner makes me a little nervous--like they are trying too hard to get my money.

I have checked out your site and it looks promising and look forward to seeing how things turn out. Also, with so many threads I kind of expected to see more than 1 auction ending every other day or so.

That said, I wish you luck and look forward to seeing how things turn out :)

Suladead
  • Suladead
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Well thank you for registering. Like I said I got carried away with the threads, but since we got our own forum area I wanted to have good communication with everyone as to what was happening.

It just seems as if there is so much going on right now and I wanted to make it known so there is no confusion. Like when we upgraded to a dedicated server last night, our site was down for a short while and I didn't want anyone to worry. I'm trying to stay on top of things, so please bare with me. I only mean the best.

There is no need to be nervous though. Since our site is moving so slow with just an Auction a day, until May, I had some extra time to try and get to know the people in this forum. I apologize if I scared anyone, but rest assured I am not crazy. I am simply excited and happy to be offering such a great service to good people.

We have taken care of 2 out of 3 of the bugs that were giving us issues and we are investigating the last one now. Hopefully we will have it fixed soon. The last bug remaining is the first one on the Bug Report in the News section of the site or in the Bug Report thread here.

My sincere thanks to everyone who has registered and for your infinite patients with me.

Edited by Suladead, 06 April 2010 - 07:08 PM.

Suladead
  • Suladead
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Remember to check Jeeler.com daily for Spontaneous Auctions. You never know what is going to pop up for sale!

minner79
  • minner79
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts

just would like to say I bought a bid pack today and well that was fun..I won my auction and am happy with how everything worked except for the bit of a lag in the timer..Thanks jeeler for the nice win.

Mindy

Suladead
  • Suladead
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts

just would like to say I bought a bid pack today and well that was fun..I won my auction and am happy with how everything worked except for the bit of a lag in the timer..Thanks jeeler for the nice win.

Mindy

You are very welcome, thanks for joining us!

Also, we really appreciate you posting your experience here. We are a new site, still working through some adjustments, and need a little love. ;)

Reminder: We are working on the following issues that customers have mentioned.

• If someone waits until the Timer reaches 0 and bids it will sometimes show "Auction Has Ended", but the timer actually gets reset. You may have to refresh to see it.

• Inside the "Item Description Page" if the Timer hits zero it may not reset when a new user bids. Need to refresh.

• The "Bid History" is only refreshed when you bid or if you do it manually. We are currently working to have the "Bid History" Live, but we do have it where you can see every bid placed.

Please check back on Monday as we should have all of these issues taken care of then.

Thanks to everyone who took a part in our Auctions Today!

I'll see you at Jeeler!

Edited by Suladead, 11 April 2010 - 04:17 AM.

Suladead
  • Suladead
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts

We just implemented an Autobidding System, but not the one we originally intended to. With this System that is in play now it will allow Autobidders to battle directly against other Autobidders. In this case when a manual bid is placed it will trigger the Autobidders to battle. During the battle the Autobidder with the most set Autobids will come out on top, using all Autobids and driving the price down. Afterwards, the Manual bidders may take back control of the Auction.

I would like to know what everyone thinks about this system and how it may work. I have some worries that since all Autobids would quickly drop the price, people would not like it. Though, in the event that it drops the price to $0.01 the Auction would end and whichever bidder bid that last penny would win.

With our previous system, everytime a Manual bid was placed it used 1 of each person who had Autobids set. This caused issues because Autobids went unused if there were no Manual Bids.

We really want to get a good Autobidding system, and if we can't come to a fair solution then we will be eliminating Autobids all together.

Please respond to this thread or: admin@jeeler.com and let me know what you think. Your input is very important to me.

minner79
  • minner79
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts

I come to your site on a daily basis but there are never any auctions going they are all 1 day or 2 days ect..do you plan on getting more auctions. I really enjoyed your site but waiting 2 3 days in between sucks..

thanks

Mindy

Suladead
  • Suladead
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts

We really appreciate you visiting and YES we are going to have many more auctions soon. ;)

Please be patient with us. Throughout April we are spreading our Auctions out so that we can gather a good customer base. On May 1st we will begin running full force, or at least faster.

We intended April to include Early Bird Auctions so that everyone can get used to the way it works and get our name can get some exposure.

Thanks again and we hope to see you online soon!

-----------------------------------------------------
The main issue we have now is Auto bidding. Seems it's a mixed bag and confuses a lot of people.

I want to say again that Auto bidding will be elimated by tomorrow and will not come back unless we get a solid system to suit everyone.

minner79
  • minner79
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts

thanks Randy for the quick response, I look forward to the site picking up so I can do more bidding..take care to you and yours

Mindy

Suladead
  • Suladead
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Remember, we always have new auctions coming up though as we add them Spontaneously. If there is anything you are interested in bidding on but don't see it on our site, just send an email to: feedback@jeeler.com and we will see about getting this done for you.

We have started posting more items and will continue to increase our daily Auctions as long as we have a good turnout from user registration and participation.

minner79
  • minner79
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Hey guys I recieved my item today thanks for the quick shipping.. If I get a chance tomorrow I will try to post a pick of it on my mini cooper so you can use it as a testimonial for your site..well if it doesnt rain or anything like that lol.

Mindy

Gfishe7
  • Gfishe7
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 381 posts

Your welcome...we would like to have some reviews on this site if you would post one. Thanks...we need all the help we can get with the little traffic we are getting. We are losing our butts. Racingbroker is sending me a new pair of drawers fron another forum.:smilielol5:
Maddog

minner79
  • minner79
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts

okie dokie its done

Gfishe7
  • Gfishe7
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 381 posts

okie dokie its done

Thanks, I read it. And the mount came in today...Will be sent out Monday morning to you when I get up. Appriciate all you and the others have done to support us.
Maddog

nicetry
  • nicetry
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Hi, I registered at your site a while ago, but I never received a conformation. Nothing in spam either. Can you send it again?
Thanks

Gfishe7
  • Gfishe7
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 381 posts

Hi, I registered at your site a while ago, but I never received a conformation. Nothing in spam either. Can you send it again?
Thanks

I looked and you are there registered with your 4 free bids still. You should be able to log in and be active. If you need the confirmation I can have Randy send you one this evening when he returns.

When you log on make sure the email you gave is correct. That way there is no problems with the future confirmations.

If the is anything else and would like me to talk to you, I can pick up the phone anytime. Just let me know.
Maddog

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: cat, free bids, free shipping, jeeler, penny

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users