Background Image

Jeeler.com - Site Break down with a Poll

Started by Suladead , Apr 06 2010 07:36 AM
cat free bids free shipping jeeler penny

• Please log in to reply
108 replies to this topic

Poll: After visiting Jeeler.com, how do you feel about it? (19 member(s) have cast votes)

After visiting Jeeler.com, how do you feel about it?

1. Looks Promising...I'll keep an eye on it. (10 votes [52.63%])

Percentage of vote: 52.63%

2. Registered and Used Some Free Bids. Hope I win! (4 votes [21.05%])

Percentage of vote: 21.05%

3. Um, I like the cat... (1 votes [5.26%])

Percentage of vote: 5.26%

4. Needs some work before I will trust them fully. (4 votes [21.05%])

Percentage of vote: 21.05%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Suladead
  • Suladead
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts

I think this board game would be fun.

http://www.boardgame...oumubeidga.html

It has plenty of boardgames to choose from and/or look up. I like the idea of game console games too. Anything to bring the family together!

The "You Must Be An Idiot!" Game is scheduled to end within the week. I'll check out some more later to see if anything pops out at me.

When it comes to bringing families together, we're happy to help! *hug*

poopie326
  • poopie326
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

That's great to hear. Looking forward to bidding on that game. Looks like a fun family game to play.

NHappraiser
  • NHappraiser
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 486 posts

Glad to see them but I won't be able to bid on the remote as I take the weekend days for the family (Mario is a possibility). Weekdays and after 8 EST I am usually ok with the occasional work episode getting in the way of fun.
Thanks.
Bytheway, kids are too young for zelda so I'll leave that to the older kids (or younger adults).

I just noticed the 2 day bump on the remote/nunchuck. That's service.
I am going to try to be there tonight but no guarantees.

superelmo
  • superelmo
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Also, since we're mentioning games. I wouldn't mind going nuts over Yakuza 3 for the Ps3. Haven't seen that game anywhere but seen everything else.

Suladead
  • Suladead
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts

I just noticed the 2 day bump on the remote/nunchuck. That's service.
I am going to try to be there tonight but no guarantees.

Hope to see you there!

On a side note, I just want to let everyone know that we will be doing some upgrading later this week. This is so we can incorporate some new features that have been requested. This update shouldn't interfere with any Auctions. If it does, they will be re-listed and bids refunded for that Auction.

Thanks! ;)

mlschlu
  • mlschlu
  • Members
  • 619 posts

Hope to see you there!

On a side note, I just want to let everyone know that we will be doing some upgrading later this week. This is so we can incorporate some new features that have been requested. This update shouldn't interfere with any Auctions. If it does, they will be re-listed and bids refunded for that Auction.

Thanks! ;)

I'm not sure if anyone has suggested it, but on the details page on the clock. Could you make it larger or change the color. Some of us are getting old!

minner79
  • minner79
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Randy and Greg you guys are doin great and my husband is excited about takin his new porsche out for a cruise. Our neighbor who has a friend come over a few times a week and I have been working on him letting my husband take it for a ride even offered him up my mini cooper so he could drive it but nooooo lol now he can get out his when the guy pulls up LOLwoot

pkupstk
  • pkupstk
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Oh my! Oh my! Oh my!! I'm SOOOOOO excited!! THANKS Jeeler!!! I wasnt sure if I was going to be able to bid effectively as I had to take off for my daughter's piano class & had the auction lingered longer, I would of had to quit so I was shocked when it ended!!! THANK YOU!! My kids are going to be soooo excited! Guess this is my early birthday present to myself and the kids! ;-) Now I just need to win a game for it. Zelda is too old for the kids but glad you have Mario up!!

THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH!!! Dont know to laugh or cry! :)

Woohoo!! Just won the Target gift card too! So I ended up paying MORE than the retail on that one but at least I got $ back. :)

Edited by pkupstk, 21 April 2010 - 02:31 AM.

elocin
  • elocin
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Congrats on your wins pkupstk! wootwoot

Can anyone please tell me if they had problems with freezing during this auction? Just about every time the timer got down to 1 or 2 seconds, it would continue to 0 on my screen and I had to refresh every time to be able to see the next bids :S

I'm just wondering if IE8 is maybe not the best to use on Jeeler? I can try Mozilla or Chrome if either of those are better for this site. At one point the auction info blanked out and I received a strange error that said:

"2 Error"
select * from BPPENNYAUTOBID_settings
Access denied for user 'dsmagis1' @ 'localhost' (using password: NO)
Please report the above error message to:

However at the top of my screen, it still showed my user name as logged in. Greg please let me know if you'd like to see a screen shot and I'll be happy to email it to you. :)

Gfishe7
  • Gfishe7
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 381 posts

Can anyone please tell me if they had problems with freezing during this auction? Just about every time the timer got down to 1 or 2 seconds, it would continue to 0 on my screen and I had to refresh every time to be able to see the next bids :S

I'm just wondering if IE8 is maybe not the best to use on Jeeler? I can try Mozilla or Chrome if either of those are better for this site. At one point the auction info blanked out and I received a strange error that said:

"2 Error"

However at the top of my screen, it still showed my user name as logged in. Greg please let me know if you'd like to see a screen shot and I'll be happy to email it to you. :)

Yes please send it to Gfishe7@yahoo.com
Maddog

Gfishe7
  • Gfishe7
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 381 posts

Yes please send it to Gfishe7@yahoo.com

Please do so as soon as you can...tonight we want to look into it.

thanks.
Maddog

poopie326
  • poopie326
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Oh my! Oh my! Oh my!! I'm SOOOOOO excited!! THANKS Jeeler!!! I wasnt sure if I was going to be able to bid effectively as I had to take off for my daughter's piano class & had the auction lingered longer, I would of had to quit so I was shocked when it ended!!! THANK YOU!! My kids are going to be soooo excited! Guess this is my early birthday present to myself and the kids! ;-) Now I just need to win a game for it. Zelda is too old for the kids but glad you have Mario up!!

THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH!!! Dont know to laugh or cry! :)

Woohoo!! Just won the Target gift card too! So I ended up paying MORE than the retail on that one but at least I got $ back. :)

Congrats on your win pkupstk! I haven't won anything on Jeeler yet but looking forward to bidding on some of the items in the upcoming week.
-highbidder500

elocin
  • elocin
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Please do so as soon as you can...tonight we want to look into it.

thanks.

Hi Greg :) I've sent the screenshots. Hope it helps!

nicetry
  • nicetry
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 317 posts

"2 Error"

Yeah I had problems too. My computer kept refreshing on its own??? So I went to the homepage and tried to bid there. My computer didn't refresh on its own, but every time I placed a bid at the last couple of seconds it wouldn't show right away, however, if I placed a bid around the 10 or 15 sec, it would show. This didn't happen when I bid on a previous auction.

Gfishe7
  • Gfishe7
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 381 posts

Hi Greg :) I've sent the screenshots. Hope it helps!

Thanks for the email.

We are looking into it now.

We suggest bidding from the front (home) page for now. That will help. There are being some script changes this week. Thanks for visiting.

Congradulations to pkupstk and 2dognite.
Maddog

mlschlu
  • mlschlu
  • Members
  • 619 posts

"2 Error"

I was having problems with the Target card auction. I use Foxfire, usually I don't have any problems with it.

elocin
  • elocin
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

I was having problems with the Target card auction. I use Foxfire, usually I don't have any problems with it.

Thank you for your reply :) I will try that.

poopie326
  • poopie326
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

I saw that you put up Cranium up for auction. Thanks for adding it! :)
-highbidder500

Suladead
  • Suladead
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Yeah I had problems too. My computer kept refreshing on its own??? So I went to the homepage and tried to bid there. My computer didn't refresh on its own, but every time I placed a bid at the last couple of seconds it wouldn't show right away, however, if I placed a bid around the 10 or 15 sec, it would show. This didn't happen when I bid on a previous auction.

That seems backwards...The page should auto refresh every 5 1/2 minutes on the Home Page (to keep it current), but not on the inside page. We'll have to really look into this. We just did another TEST and we bid fast, but it kept up fine. This new server may be lagging too or maybe it's because so many were bidding all at once.

I did notice that the Item Page timer doesn't reset unless you are logged in. Though I have heard a case where it didn't reset even then. Also, you need to be logged in to see the Live Bid History. Not sure why though, but we will take care of this ASAP.

pkupstk
  • pkupstk
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Thanks for the congrats! The Target gift card was wierd as I had to bid from the main page and even then, it was lagging and sometimes it registered my bid anywhere from 3-5 secs, sometimes it didnt and sometimes it would register it way longer than that as if it was trying to catch-up with all of everyone's bids. Bad thing about that was that since it was lagging so much, I had no clue if my bids took or not so I just kept bidding when I can so no clue how many bids I was using since the detailed page wasnt resetting so I had to kept refreshing it to see how many bids I've played. I had 2 windows open, the detailed page so I can see the bidding history (which didnt refresh towards the end and started to act up) and the main page to bid on. The main page did update once that I can recall so guessing that's the 5 min. refresh you were referring to and noticed that on other auctions. Only thing was, few bids before it ended, the detailed page showed the other bidder as the winner so I went crazy and pushed the bid button hoping it registered as my screen frozed on me briefly so I refresh the page and saw I was the winner. I called Greg to see if he saw it and it didnt freezed up on his end so must be my connection so good thing my bid took. :)

Edited by pkupstk, 21 April 2010 - 04:50 AM.
ad on

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: cat, free bids, free shipping, jeeler, penny

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users