Background Image

Jeeler.com - Site Break down with a Poll

Started by Suladead , Apr 06 2010 07:36 AM
cat free bids free shipping jeeler penny

• Please log in to reply
108 replies to this topic

Poll: After visiting Jeeler.com, how do you feel about it? (19 member(s) have cast votes)

After visiting Jeeler.com, how do you feel about it?

1. Looks Promising...I'll keep an eye on it. (10 votes [52.63%])

Percentage of vote: 52.63%

2. Registered and Used Some Free Bids. Hope I win! (4 votes [21.05%])

Percentage of vote: 21.05%

3. Um, I like the cat... (1 votes [5.26%])

Percentage of vote: 5.26%

4. Needs some work before I will trust them fully. (4 votes [21.05%])

Percentage of vote: 21.05%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Suladead
  • Suladead
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Shipping is unbelieveable..FAST But I told them about a bidding problem and the response was not quite was I was looking for.I have re-mailed in more detail maybe they took me for new and confused we'll see

I sent back a response. We may be tracking down this issue thanks to you.

bella
  • bella
  • Members
  • 1,376 posts

That's why I have trouble with the magic number.

1. NO ONE will bid until it gets low, so the 1 or 2 who did bid will win cause everyone else is waiting for it to drop, maybe i'm wrong but that's not good for the owner.

2. OK, in an auction, let's say the magic is between 99-5 cents, you and I start bidding like crazy, and Joe Blow drops 1 bid (where ever it may fall) and he wins cause he hit it at the right time. You're right, I'm gonna be mad! What if it's the I Pad? What if you and I spend $350. each, get it down to a buck, joe comes in and spends 5 random bids at the dollar mark and wins.

Usually I'm trying to be the peacemaker, but I have to play devils advocate here. I've said it a thousand times, I don't mind losing, it's part of the game, but if I lost like that? The lap top I use really WOULD end up in the pool!

Suladead
  • Suladead
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts

I have been trying all day to log in, i even changed my password on your main page, got the e mail and tried again, no luck, can you help me??

Also, I forgot your prices DROP, so maybe the magic number would be cool, but I still don't think you should be able to bid over yourself.

Thanks!

I have you account working with your original password. I am not sure why the password reset didn't work through.

Let me know if you need more assistance.

superelmo
  • superelmo
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 450 posts

1. NO ONE will bid until it gets low, so the 1 or 2 who did bid will win cause everyone else is waiting for it to drop, maybe i'm wrong but that's not good for the owner.

2. OK, in an auction, let's say the magic is between 99-5 cents, you and I start bidding like crazy, and Joe Blow drops 1 bid (where ever it may fall) and he wins cause he hit it at the right time. You're right, I'm gonna be mad! What if it's the I Pad? What if you and I spend $350. each, get it down to a buck, joe comes in and spends 5 random bids at the dollar mark and wins.

Usually I'm trying to be the peacemaker, but I have to play devils advocate here. I've said it a thousand times, I don't mind losing, it's part of the game, but if I lost like that? The lap top I use really WOULD end up in the pool!

I've thought about it :) so no worries about playing devil advocate. I highly doubt high end items will ever reach that but in the case they do, that would suck. I'm playing it as of "now" I honestly don't think it'll get to the point where someone will bust out 1500 bids right now to win a laptop but later as it grows, your right it might and it would be horrible to lose like that. For now, I see it working but later I can't say. The only thing I can see it happening on is the lowest price item they have now. Anyways, it's good to bring all this out though :) nice chat bella. I'm sure Jeeler will get somewhere in between cause if Joe blow is going to win then me and you might not be to happy about that ;)

Suladead
  • Suladead
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Fear not Bella, that's why I brought it up. We will work on getting it to stop at the "Magic Number", but still allow people to bid their hearts out until the timer runs out. This way, you don't risk losing anything if you still want to bid and the items don't all end at a penny (potentially).

Suladead
  • Suladead
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Also, Paypal may favor this as they would probably hate tons of items being paid for at only $0.01 since they won't be getting any % of $ from it.

Suladead
  • Suladead
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Well now that we've had a few items go down to the Minimum Price it seems to be doing well. I think it's cool to see multiple people win the same auction. It's still a little rough around the edges, but we're working on it.

For those of you that don't know. When the Minimum Price on our auctions is hit then it ends immediately. The bidder who hit the Minimum Price wins the item and so does the bidder who used the most bids (the bidder who hit the Minimum Price isn't including in this). Our Minimum Prices are set randomly from $0.35 to $0.99.

How does everyone feel about this addition? Would you prefer something different?

Let me know. ;)

realbidtowin
  • realbidtowin
  • Members
  • 2,272 posts

Randy,

I like your concept of starting at 10% however it will kill you marketing wise, for exampl when I looked at your site the first time I checked out the won items and how much they went for, and not clearly understanding the countdown (not up) I assumed that most items were going above retail, this originally detered me until I dug a little farther. So if people who see your site for the first time many will say forget it Items are selling for too much. Now maybe once you get the bidders to bid most item down it will look OK, but for now it is hurting you

Miss Marple
  • Miss Marple
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Randy,

I like your concept of starting at 10% however it will kill you marketing wise, for exampl when I looked at your site the first time I checked out the won items and how much they went for, and not clearly understanding the countdown (not up) I assumed that most items were going above retail, this originally detered me until I dug a little farther. So if people who see your site for the first time many will say forget it Items are selling for too much. Now maybe once you get the bidders to bid most item down it will look OK, but for now it is hurting you

I had that experience as well. Whenever I checked, gift cards were in the $3-4 range with a couple of hours to go. I probably wouldn't have re-visited, if it weren't for the chatter on the forum.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: cat, free bids, free shipping, jeeler, penny

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users