Started by Nascar017 , Apr 06 2010 10:22 PM

• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

Nascar017
  • Nascar017
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

I have noticed several times that when an auction ends on bid4millions that is not necessarily the case. I watched an auction for a $50 Walmart card and the box said SOLD with the bid box saying closed yet the auction continued. Is this the work of insiders????? Any help would be appreciated.

mlschlu
  • mlschlu
  • Members
  • 619 posts

I have noticed several times that when an auction ends on bid4millions that is not necessarily the case. I watched an auction for a $50 Walmart card and the box said SOLD with the bid box saying closed yet the auction continued. Is this the work of insiders????? Any help would be appreciated.

This really doesn't need to be in the reg flag section. What is it, it's a new site. And they are having problems with their server. Nothing goofy! Just needs some tweaking. ;)

bidtildead
  • bidtildead
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

I agree it just happened to me on a Sears car said SOLD twice went to pay I was not the winner, but Tony fixed everything and all it is, is the servers, they will be on a dedicated Server by Month end and everything will be right in the World.-THIS IS NOT A RED FLAG ISSUE-

berrybare
  • berrybare
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 257 posts

I think this site is fake. Come on..the site is working on server outages but yet there are two auctions going on now. come on. this has to be shill billing.

bidtildead
  • bidtildead
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

ITTTSSS NOTTT, completely real, I've won auctions and talked to the owner shipping out stuff to me tomorrow. I'll let you know when I recieve the auctions.

MrPennyMan
  • MrPennyMan
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

I have played on several penny auction sites and Bid4millions was one of the worst experiences I have had.

The timers were terrible. They did not seem to function correctly and somehow the high bidder kept posting a bid at the exact 10th of a second as me everytime i placed a bid. Felt like a bot.

I also won two auctions and customer service emailed me and said they would not give me my items because they were having server problems. Doesnt seem like I should suffer because they were having problems when I won fair and square.

They also told me I would receive the bids back that I used in the auctions. One day later the bids had not been placed in my account. I wrote a disapproving email and it wasnt until then that they gave me the bids and continued to tell me 'that i did not deserve my items'.

I recommend others stay away.

SavvyAussie
  • SavvyAussie
  • Members
  • 515 posts

Just had a strange experience there myself.

Had an autobidder set for 100 bids beyond where the auction actually ended, but it did end way before then with someone else winning.

Pretty close to the end, a bidder with user name bid4millions.com (the owner?) placed a bid.

So those are two big questions as it was an expensive auction. I've emailed the owner, who has answered other questions of mine, and will post his answers. (Yes, I have screen shots of the autobidder and the bid4millions.com bid.)

I have won a few items but haven't received any yet.

JustSayin
  • JustSayin
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

I think this site is fake. Come on..the site is working on server outages but yet there are two auctions going on now. come on. this has to be shill billing.[/QUOTE]
**I know they are having server problems & no shill bidding going on!

JustSayin
  • JustSayin
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

I Agree w/ mlschlu and bidtildead....new site working out the bugs!

dragon ball
  • dragon ball
  • Members
  • 2,174 posts

I was just looking at the auctions they have today. $10 I Tune Gift Card. Winner Pays $5.90 for shipping plus the win fee. $20 Disney Car kids Dome Tent Winner Pays $11.20 for shipping $15 Pizza Hut Gift Card $5.99 shipping.
I don't know about how you guys/ladies feel but talk about wanted to bid. It doesn't attract many people that has been bidding for a while. Yesterday there were $75 Costco Card and today they have $25 Costco gift card. Here is what the site says on top banner: Winners are receiving Items, Please feel free to leave a comment!!! Facebook and PAW Thank You!! All large ticket item Auctions have been suspended pending our software upgrade. This upgrade will make the site more user friendly for everyone. Thank you for your continued support.
I hope it is like this for a short while. Otherwise I don't think people will be too happy and thrilled even they win. Now if we were like kids then it's happy. But adults I know don't like too many low price items for bidding. :(:(:(:(:( PS: I haven't bought their bid packs yet and not tempted that much either.

dzignr_tastz
  • dzignr_tastz
  • Members
  • 696 posts

Keep in mind when you make your conclusions on this site that they are yet another one using the $99 "start up for nothing" script with bots and reserves built in.

http://www.ajaxphppe...m/features.html

Just something to consider, as a lot of the bidder names on there I can find no other history on... :wink:

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.
- Albert Einstein

dragon ball
  • dragon ball
  • Members
  • 2,174 posts

Thank you. I was thinking that maybe since they just started up and wait until profit rolls in then add more pricey items in the future so that they don't risk going bankrupt. But you have a keen eyes I didn't know that they are using a $99 start up script.

Keep in mind when you make your conclusions on this site that they are yet another one using the $99 "start up for nothing" script with bots and reserves built in.

http://www.ajaxphppe...m/features.html

Just something to consider, as a lot of the bidder names on there I can find no other history on... :wink:

dzignr_tastz
  • dzignr_tastz
  • Members
  • 696 posts

Well mind you - the price of the script doesn't necessarily mean anything, nor does the fact that it has "testing" capabilities, although time, effort and investment say a lot to ease my mind. I can't, however, judge someone just because they're trying to do something the affordable route (as long as they are doing it legitimately).

A few other things seem a bit off to me here, though, and the "auctions not ending" posts worry me a little as one of the first things that I thought after reading that was "cheap server side bidders". Anyone remember what the bidder names were when that happened?

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.
- Albert Einstein

janyce16
  • janyce16
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Hello guys, i bid on this site when it first started and won a $50 gift card for Barnes & Noble which i received a couple a days ago.

http://www.pennyauct...3&pictureid=105
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

mlschlu
  • mlschlu
  • Members
  • 619 posts

I thought maybe I would put the win limits down again

Users are limited to wining 3 auctions per 24 hour period with a maximum of 20 auctions in a 30 days period.

dzignr_tastz
  • dzignr_tastz
  • Members
  • 696 posts

Hello guys, i bid on this site when it first started and won a $50 gift card for Barnes & Noble which i received a couple a days ago.

Point? I won a TV and a couple gift cards from NickelBids, too... but that doesn't mean they're not cheating.

Just saying... :wink:

- Albert Einstein

SavvyAussie
  • SavvyAussie
  • Members
  • 515 posts

[quote name='JustSayin']I think this site is fake. Come on..the site is working on server outages but yet there are two auctions going on now. come on. this has to be shill billing.[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

How do you know these things (server problems and no shill bidding)? Just curious as you signed up for PAW only yesterday and seem to be saying you have inside information about the company.

janyce16
  • janyce16
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Point? I won a TV and a couple gift cards from NickelBids, too... but that doesn't mean they're not cheating.

Just saying... :wink:

No point, just telling i won an auction and that i received the item, its up you anyone if they wanna try the site.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

zero
  • zero
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

[quote name='JustSayin']I think this site is fake. Come on..the site is working on server outages but yet there are two auctions going on now. come on. this has to be shill billing.[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
Either way why would you want to use a site that has obvious flaws like allowing an ended auction to continue. especially if they do not have a long history of good reputation. Shilling or server if something smells fishy, I would
be cautious.

dragon ball
  • dragon ball
  • Members
  • 2,174 posts

Alright now your talking. :wink: Looks like they step up with higher price items for bidding starting after one more day since I was looking at the up coming auctions. I'm pretty sure some one let them know that were not too happy to even try to bid on low price items. Thanks everyone now I'm in the mood to try to bid on this site. :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users