Bid4millions.com

Started by Nascar017 , Apr 06 2010 10:22 PM

• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

SavvyAussie
  • SavvyAussie
  • Members
  • 515 posts

Wanted to say that I received the first of my items on Saturday: a netbook and two iPod touches. Tony, the site owner, went out of his way to get me the netbook in the color I wanted (and had to pay extra for it).

I had some previous concerns about a faulty autobidder and the site placing one bid on an auction by accident - but both of these issues have been addressed.

aka clembowski

realbidtowin
  • realbidtowin
  • Members
  • 2,272 posts

Maybe I am blind but are the limits posted on this site?

alaskatulugak
  • alaskatulugak
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Just curious. You ever thought of writing a book about your powerbidder/penny auction life. Your a badass It would be an interesting read.
Land of the midnight sun - and massive spruce chicken killings for food for the family

realbidtowin
  • realbidtowin
  • Members
  • 2,272 posts

Just curious. You ever thought of writing a book about your powerbidder/penny auction life. Your a badass It would be an interesting read.

No, I get enough flack from PAW memners with I discuss my history.

mlschlu
  • mlschlu
  • Members
  • 619 posts

Maybe I am blind but are the limits posted on this site?

it's posted in the T&C-
Users are limited to wining 3 auctions per 24 hour period with a maximum of 20 auctions in a 30 days period.

realbidtowin
  • realbidtowin
  • Members
  • 2,272 posts

This iste needs some serious work. During the $100 Visa the timer counted doen fine but would not allow any bids or the autobidders to be set. The button would say bid sent but nothing. I only had 2 bids in it but that auction should be invalidated. After the auction I could not change pages or even log out so I closed the browser tried to reload the site and nothing. Even went to google to try and get in and nothing it times out.

Grace
  • Grace
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Ok, gotta say, I know Bid4Millions has a lot of problems/glitches to work out, whether it's with their autobidder, bid timers, or whatever. But they have the ABSOLUTE BEST customer service I have ever encountered on any bidding site. They go out of their way to help you in anyway they can. Yes, the site has problems but it hasn't even been fully launched for a month yet!

You have to give them a chance to fix their problems, because I really believe they are trying to fix the site and make their customers happy. Given the chance, I think they could be one of the better penny sites out there.

dragon ball
  • dragon ball
  • Members
  • 2,174 posts

it's posted in the T&C-
Users are limited to wining 3 auctions per 24 hour period with a maximum of 20 auctions in a 30 days period.

So it looks like the site is open again and now they have more expensive items that will certainly attract more bidders. Is the above win limit still the same? I'm about to go check out the auctions that are starting in few hours. ;)

dragon ball
  • dragon ball
  • Members
  • 2,174 posts

Oh I did again. I got caught bidding against another user on other PA site and missed the $100 Costco Card that just finished for 8 cents:o:o:o:o

SavvyAussie
  • SavvyAussie
  • Members
  • 515 posts

Oh I did again. I got caught bidding against another user on other PA site and missed the $100 Costco Card that just finished for 8 cents:o:o:o:o

I've been having trouble accessing the site for more than an hour. Guess it was working for you?

aka clembowski

dragon ball
  • dragon ball
  • Members
  • 2,174 posts

I've been having trouble accessing the site for more than an hour. Guess it was working for you?

aka clembowski

Oh yeah, Now $50 Game Stop Gift Card ended at 3 cents. :o I still haven't bid yet. :o

realbidtowin
  • realbidtowin
  • Members
  • 2,272 posts

Oh yeah, Now $50 Game Stop Gift Card ended at 3 cents. :o I still haven't bid yet. :o

I caught all the issues on video and sent it to them, Tony called me and they just swapped servers and there are some obvious issues, he said they are going to reverse the auctions and pause the site to work out the bugs. I feel good about these guys so just hang in there everyone, I really like their veriety of items

dragon ball
  • dragon ball
  • Members
  • 2,174 posts

I caught all the issues on video and sent it to them, Tony called me and they just swapped servers and there are some obvious issues, he said they are going to reverse the auctions and pause the site to work out the bugs. I feel good about these guys so just hang in there everyone, I really like their veriety of items

Okay Thank you, looking forward to good winning future on this site. woot

bid4millions.com
  • bid4millions.com
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Just thought I would drop by and say a few words! First of all I want to thank you all for giving us a chance! As a new site it has been a struggle to say the least, software and servers. We moved to the new server and a few things happened and were quickly fixed by programmers. The servers are nice and powerful, but it seems when the program and Database were moved it caused a few new glitches we did not encounter until bidding started. A much respected colleague called me to discuss all of this, and point me in a direction that may resolve this very quickly!

I will go through all the auctions today and credit everyone bidding today with 25 bids, Say for helping us test!
We will get through this, and everyone will have a nice site to come too!
Tony
Bid4millions

BAYAREA
  • BAYAREA
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 475 posts

That's very nice of you to offer us 25bids! Thank you and hope you fix the problem and come back soon!!
I'm "not allowed", by the way.

Just thought I would drop by and say a few words! First of all I want to thank you all for giving us a chance! As a new site it has been a struggle to say the least, software and servers. We moved to the new server and a few things happened and were quickly fixed by programmers. The servers are nice and powerful, but it seems when the program and Database were moved it caused a few new glitches we did not encounter until bidding started. A much respected colleague called me to discuss all of this, and point me in a direction that may resolve this very quickly!

I will go through all the auctions today and credit everyone bidding today with 25 bids, Say for helping us test!
Tony
Bid4millions

Nascar017
  • Nascar017
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Tony
Bid4millions

You offer 25 bids to people for bidding on items that you told not to bid on. You say your done with testing yet you still have PROGRAMMING issues. The items will say SOLD and the timers start over with 30-40 seconds, Why does that keep happening???? When does the maddness stop???? Cancelling auctions after people win is not good business. One of your quotes "We are pausing all auctions, the server transfer wasn"t as seamless as we thought! All bids will be credited for the suspended Auctions! Also as a show of good faith to our friends that came back tonight we will give 25 free bids to everyone that came today! bid4millions@live.com until then!
Are you screaming at us with the exclamation marks or just being overly expresive???? How about those that came tonight or was that today and who gets the free bids the ones at night or the ones during the day?????? And one final question Were the auctions paused or suspended???? Seems like you continually cater to your customers instead of fixing what needs fixed. We don't want to hear about how to bid or about what is in the Terms and Conditions
We as bidders on your site would like some answers.
Thanks for your time!!!!!!!!!

mlschlu
  • mlschlu
  • Members
  • 619 posts

You offer 25 bids to people for bidding on items that you told not to bid on. You say your done with testing yet you still have PROGRAMMING issues. The items will say SOLD and the timers start over with 30-40 seconds, Why does that keep happening???? When does the maddness stop???? Cancelling auctions after people win is not good business. One of your quotes "We are pausing all auctions, the server transfer wasn"t as seamless as we thought! All bids will be credited for the suspended Auctions! Also as a show of good faith to our friends that came back tonight we will give 25 free bids to everyone that came today! bid4millions@live.com until then!
Are you screaming at us with the exclamation marks or just being overly expresive???? How about those that came tonight or was that today and who gets the free bids the ones at night or the ones during the day?????? And one final question Were the auctions paused or suspended???? Seems like you continually cater to your customers instead of fixing what needs fixed. We don't want to hear about how to bid or about what is in the Terms and Conditions
We as bidders on your site would like some answers.
Thanks for your time!!!!!!!!!

I'm sorry, but this is your second negative post regarding this site. If you are so unhappy with it, why don't you play somewhere else?

No, I didn't see the post Tony made yesterday, but I was on there tonight. I did not see a problem with the auction that I participated in.
;)

dragon ball
  • dragon ball
  • Members
  • 2,174 posts

Hi, I do see whole bunch of $25 gift cards for auctions tomorrow with shipping free. Does anyone know the win limit for this site? Is it 1 win per day or like 2 to 3 per day? I like sites that offer free shipping since the gift cards is $25. I knew some sites charges $5 to $6 even if you win $25 gift cards.

spens1960
  • spens1960
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 394 posts

Hi, I do see whole bunch of $25 gift cards for auctions tomorrow with shipping free. Does anyone know the win limit for this site? Is it 1 win per day or like 2 to 3 per day? I like sites that offer free shipping since the gift cards is $25. I knew some sites charges $5 to $6 even if you win $25 gift cards.

It is two on Sunday for the $25.00 card. I only go after the Costco cards. Large family and it comes in handy.

AKA crazybidder and Paranoia

dragon ball
  • dragon ball
  • Members
  • 2,174 posts

It is two on Sunday for the $25.00 card. I only go after the Costco cards. Large family and it comes in handy.

AKA crazybidder and Paranoia

Hi, has anyone received their gift cards yet? It's been over a month since my still hasn't received her $50 walmart card and I haven't received my won gift cards from beginning of this month. Just wondering the time frame to get your won items.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users